Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ True Love ❯ Finally ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Disclaimer: I don't own Dragon Knights unfortunately, I love it so much cries.






Chapter 2: Finally



         Once they were there everyone turned to look at them, they all had tears in their eyes. Rath stepped forward to place Rune's body in front of Tintlet, she nodded knowing what they wanted her to do, and she kneeled placing her hands over Rune's chest.
         "Angel of Death please let go of my dearest friend's spirit, he belongs here with those he loves." Tintlet was on the verge of crying but she held through.
         "You must do one thing for me first Tintlet."
         "Anything to get Rune's spirit back."
         "You must sing. You know of which song I speak."
         "I do and I will." Tintlet sighed and drew in breath ready to sing.


"When the cold breath of death is upon you,
You know that she is around,
Depressed and lonely, she will take your soul,
She does this because,
She is the Angel of Death."


         "For some reason that song makes me happy." They all heard the voice say, they all looked at Tintlet who was looking down at Rune. They all gasped seeing Rune breathing.
         "Rune are you okay?" Everyone asked at the same time.
         "I'll be fine. Thank you Tintlet." Rune smiled and looked at Tintlet. "I know that you hate singing that song, you singing it only means that you'd face the angel of death to save me."
         "Of course, I mean you only just found your true love." Tintlet teased.
         "Be quiet." Rune shook his head and tried to sit up, but got dizzy and lay back down.
         "Tintlet only Ruwalk can tease Rune." Thatz said, receiving a glare from Rune. "What?" Rune stood up rather fast but this time didn't get dizzy, he pulled his sword and lunged at Thatz. "I was just joking!" Thatz shouted over his shoulder.
         "I don't care!" Rune yelled still chasing him. He felt someone's arm wrap around his waist and stop him, he heard Thatz sigh with relief.
         "Thanks Ruwalk." Thatz panted. "Rune's just a little crazy."
         "Stop teasing him and maybe he'll stop trying to kill you." Ruwalk shot at Thatz.
         "Lord Lykouleon tell them to stop picking on me." Thatz whined.
         "Well stop teasing them." Lykouleon said rather smugly.
         "Then life would be no fun." Thatz whined.
         "If Rune doesn't kill you I just might, all the whining that you're doing." Rath chortled.
         "What? Now everyone's ganging up on me." Thatz continued to whine.
         "It's better to just keep your mouth closed then Thatz." Alfeegi commented. They all turned to Alfeegi and were shocked to see that he was relaxing, leaning against one of the many trees. Ruwalk smiled and held Rune closer to him; Rath got tired of the silence and jumped on Thatz making the other boy yelp in surprise. They all turned to see Thatz chasing Rath.
         "Get back here!" Thatz shouted at Rath.
         "Not on your life." Rath joked as he ran full speed, right into Kaistern. "Sorry Kai I'm trying to get away from Thatz." As Rath said the Earth Dragon Knight's name he came up behind Rath, who jumped behind Kaistern.
         "Don't use me as a shield!" Kaistern stepped out of the way and watched as Thatz pounced Rath. They all laughed at the two wrestling on the ground. "Show him Thatz!"
         "Kaistern you traitor!" Rath sputtered.
         "Let's get out of here." Ruwalk whispered in Rune's ear, receiving a nod. Smiling Ruwalk led Rune deeper into the garden; they got to the hot springs. "What do you say to a bath?"
         "Sounds good." Rune smiled and watched as Ruwalk began to undress, after Ruwalk was in the water, he turned and looked at Rune.
         "Well aren't you going to join me?" Ruwalk asked smiling up at Rune. Rune smiled at Ruwalk and began to undress, when he had discarded the last of his garments he walked to the pool of water. Ruwalk wadded towards Rune and smiled. "You know what?"
         "What?"
         "You are absolutely filthy." Ruwalk smiled and kissed the elf prince. While the passionate kiss deepened Rune felt Ruwalk's hands wander down his body, rubbing the filth off of it. Rune broke the kiss only to have his lips captured again, he felt Ruwalk's tongue invade his mouth and moaned in delight. They both pulled apart panting; they smiled and kissed once more. A rustling in the bushes drew their attention, both looking toward the noise and saw Thatz and Rath. Thatz and Rath shook their heads.
         "Couldn't have gone to your rooms?" Rath questioned.
         "You guys need to bathe?" Ruwalk asked.
         "Yeah, why?" Thatz answered and asked one of his own.
         "If you guys needed to bathe what makes you think that Rune here didn't need to bathe?"
         "That is true." Thatz mused. "Especially after being killed." Rune and Ruwalk both glared at Thatz. "What? Oh sorry." Rune sighed and walked toward the water's edge, reaching for his clothes he dressed and walked back towards the castle.
         "Way to go guys." Ruwalk growled in annoyance.
         "What?" Thatz and Rath both looked at Ruwalk, then to each other.
         "Never mind." Ruwalk got out and got dressed, following Rune.
         Rune lay on his bed thinking of how close him and Ruwalk almost got. Standing up he went to his desk and put the locket and dragon eye back into the drawer, then went back to his bed and fell face forward on the bed. Turning over he laid an arm over his eyes, then sighed as he heard the creak of his bedroom door.
         "What is it?" He mumbled.
         "Just wanted to finish what I started." Ruwalk's voice came from the door.
         "Don't bother." Rune mumbled again.
         "Oh? Why not? I could tell you were starting to like it." Ruwalk's voice held a hint of laughter in it.
         "Don't laugh at me Ruwalk." Rune sat up only to be pushed back down by Ruwalk. Rune was taken by surprise; he hadn't heard Ruwalk move closer.
         "I'm not or wasn't going to." Ruwalk sat on the elf's stomach; leaning forward he placed a small kiss on the elf's exposed chest, then moved up to his lips. Rune moaned against Ruwalk's lips, then pushed at his chest trying to get the dragon officer off of him. Instead an idea bloomed in his head, he turned the officer over and followed so that he straddled the Yellow Dragon.
         "You know what I love the most about you Ruwalk?" Rune muttered in Ruwalk's ear, sending a shiver through him. Rune didn't wait for Ruwalk to respond; instead he smiled and kissed Ruwalk deeply and passionately. He knew that they had to part, but he was reluctant to.
         "I never thought elves to be so demanding." Ruwalk commented.
         "Never? Well have I showed you otherwise?"
         "No not yet." Ruwalk was shocked when he felt Rune's lips capture his again. Ruwalk moaned as he felt Rune's hands run over his body. Pushing Rune away he smiled. Ruwalk started to pull Rune's pants down, and then Rune's hands were on his.
         "Not tonight." Was all Rune said as he crawled off the bed and walked over to his desk. Ruwalk stared at him for a few moments, then stood up and followed Rune; he wrapped his arms around Rune's neck.
         "What's wrong?" Ruwalk whispered in Rune's ear.
         "Nothing I just don't feel so well right now." Rune pushed Ruwalk away lightly.
         "You're scared aren't you?" Ruwalk wrapped his arms around Rune's neck again.
         "Yes I am." Rune admitted.
         "You don't have to be scared with me." Ruwalk kissed Rune's cheek, then turned and walked out of Rune's room. After the door was closed Rune went back to his bed and lay down.
         "I wish I wasn't scared all the time." Rune whispered into the dark.
         'Then face your fears, face Ruwalk.' The water dragon was next to Rune holding up a card, Rune smiled.
         "I should, shouldn't I Water?" Rune smiled and put his hand on Water's head.
         'It'll help and you'll feel a lot better.' Rune looked up to the ceiling and laugh aloud.
         "You're right Water, but I can't. Rune closed his eyes and imagined his beloved Ruwalk's face. "I should face him, but I can't. I just can't Water, not yet." Rune looked at Water and smiled, the first smile that he held since he left Faerie Forest.
         'You need to stop being a coward or you're going to lose me.' Water's eyes had narrowed as he held up the card.
         "I can lose you by being a coward?"
         'I chose you because you were willing and you were brave, now you're just a coward, if you lose me then you must face your fears. That's how you will get me back that's the only way to get me back. Remember what Tintlet told you? 'Do not fear that which you love.' Water had a smile on his face and it looked just silly. 'Where are you going?' Rune had gotten up and was at the door.
         "To face my fears." Rune simply said, smiling he left Water in his room and walked quietly down the hall. He reached Ruwalk's door and opened it slightly, looking in he saw that Ruwalk was laying on his bed muttering.
         "He doesn't know that I'll wait forever." Was the first thing that Rune heard, quietly he entered the room and shut the door. "I don't think he even knows how much I love him." Ruwalk continued, Rune smiled and walked across the room so that he was standing right next to the bed, by now Ruwalk had stopped muttering having felt the presence in the room. Slowly Ruwalk opened his brown eyes, making Rune's heart melt. "What?" Ruwalk sat up so Rune could sit down.
         "Just come to tell you that I love you." Rune sat down and looked Ruwalk straight in the eyes.
         "I must be dreaming." Ruwalk muttered as Rune leaned in to kiss him. They pulled away only slightly, just so that their lips were still together.
         "Then it must be a good dream." Rune murmured against Ruwalk's lips. Ruwalk closed his eyes for minute.
         "Rune wait a minute are you sure you want this?" Ruwalk just had to make sure; he didn't want to take Rune if he didn't want it. He heard Rune sigh, for a moment there was only silence.
         "Yes Ruwalk, I came to face my fears. For the longest time I feared you until this moment, now I'm positive that this is what I want." That was all Ruwalk needed to hear, pushing Rune down the yellow dragon straddled the water dragon. (A/N: I suck at yaoi so if you don't like the way I did this then I'm soooooooooooo sorry, don't hurt me I've never been good at yaoi. -_- Anyway you guys can use your imaginations on this one I don't feel like doing this right now, I will skip this and go back to it when I can I'm sort of limited on time right now. So I'm going to go straight to Rune waking up.)
         Rune opened his eyes to see that he was still in Ruwalk's room. Rather reluctantly he got up and went to Ruwalk's desk and sat down, he needed to be away from his lover for a few moments. Unknowingly though he woke Ruwalk who continued to lie there and watch him. Rune saw a pendant on the desk and picked it up, he sat there staring at it for a few moments before he realized that the symbol on the pendant was that of a royal family, he felt Ruwalk's arms wrap around his waist.
         What are you doing? Ruwalk murmured in his ear.
         You never told me you were of a royal family. Rune said pushing Ruwalk aside, standing and holding out the pendant in one motion.
         Rune, this pendant is an heirloom of a past that cannot be forgotten, that I wish could be left alone, yet it keeps coming back to me. Ruwalk took the pendant and threw it cross the room where it landed on the dresser.
         Don't worry about it I know it must be painful Do you want to talk about it? Rune walked over and hugged Ruwalk before leading him to the bed again.
         When I was younger my mother and father wanted me to marry a young girl that about a few years younger then myself. It was about then that I had met with Lykouleon, I fell in love with him and my parents forbade me to speak with him again. Knowing me I couldn't do that not to him, so I fled from my parents kingdom, I came here and Lykouleon took me in and cared for me. He didn't know that I loved him, so when he married Raseleane I thought that I would never love again but that is something I was wrong about isn't it? Ruwalk kissed Rune and smiled when they pulled away. Let's not think of that anymore please Rune. Rune smiled and looked at the clock, which read nine o' clock. (A/N: Remember this time it will be important later on in the story.n_n)