Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Twenty Themes ❯ Possession ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is for the 20 Themes challenge on Live Journal. Theme 14 is Possession.

Warnings: An incredibly bitter attitude, violence, language, apparent Cesia bashing, what can you do when someone else is leading your life?
Size: 4.94kb


Life sucks, thanks to the all-conquering Queen Cesia of this backwater dump. Oh, there she goes. Watch her! Watch the lovely Cesia, lady of Draqueen. Such a moron, she makes me sick. She thinks she's worth something, but covers it up with vomit-inducing false modesty. Oh, don't be fooled: she prances around, full of herself, taking it all for granted, princess of the world - the snooty little madam.

She lies, to herself, to everyone. Look, she's crossed the floor and is talking to Rath. She thinks she's just being kind. She thinks she's being friendly. She says that over and over in her head, until she almost believes it herself. Still, have you noticed that she's blushing? Have you noticed that her breathing's a little faster than normal? Have you noticed how close she stands to him? Have you noticed that every time she talks to him, she reaches out a lily white hand and pats him? Oh, of course she doesn't care for him. Of course she's got no romantic interest in him. Of course she's too busy with her hectic life, her full schedule and her self obsession. Watch her. She's going to throw the Dragonlord's kindness in his face by leaving the important token position she's been given so that she can pursue her own selfish ends. Wonder why she's doing it? Have you noticed how many of her dreams are of Rath?

Rath, Rath, Rath, Rath, Rath. I'd love to crush him into tiny pieces. I'd love to take his head and squish it soundly - that might destroy her. His death - if it was suitably painful and pitiful - might drive her over the edge, cause her to hide away and never come out again. Then I could shine. If I was her, I wouldn't waste any time. She's got a devastating body: men are looking at her, but if I had it, they'd be drooling. Just a wiggle here, and a wiggle there and the attention of the entire room would be on me. Even that little puppy of hers would be licking my feet. Still, why settle for just one, and not even the most powerful person in the room? Kings should lay tribute at my feet. If I had the power - Cesia's power to increase the ability of others - I'd demand a high price for my allegiance.

But mostly, I'd have a lot of fun.

There's a lot of things on my list to do when I get out of here. I want to kill someone, maybe some of her close friends, perhaps that Zoma - since Bierrez, the love-sick fool, is already dead. Then once I'd kicked his body several times for good measure and raised his head on a pike, I'd see what sex is like. I think I'd take the Dragonlord - he's the most strongest and is a worthy match. What else is on the list? I want to eat: not just human flesh, but strawberries, cakes, everything she enjoys and I can't taste. I want to touch, to feel. I want allies... no minions: I want underlings at my beck and call. I want control over other people's lives. I want worship and loyalty and praise.

Why do I have to spend every waking minute following what she does? If I could do anything else I would. If I could spend my life watching anyone other than that simpering witch, I'd snatch it in a heartbeat. I hate her. I even hate her more than the whimpering cry-baby in the corner. Ignore her, she's just looking for attention. Her kind like to be tragic: they think that suffering is noble. She's happy to be bound, ignore the tears, they're only there for show. She likes being held captive by Cesia.

I hate it. I'm trapped with someone I can't stand, forced to watch her make a mockery of the life that should be mine. Forced to see her simple, faltering steps. Forced to bear her lowly ambitions. Forced to endure her limited intellect and her boring friends. Forced to hear her thoughts. Forced to see her happy and free: my jailer.

I hate her because she's strong enough to keep me here, although the one-eyed witch, that fat bitch, set it up. She couldn't control us, so she forced me and the weeping willow out and put Cesia in charge. Cesia was so happy and cloyingly helpful: if she was going to be a witch's pet she wanted to be the best one in the world. I don't know if she only pretended to have forgotten about us, but she knows that we're trapped here now and she doesn't want to redress the balance. She wants to stay in charge, so I'll do the same to her when I get out. I'll push her so far down that she'll not see anything or even hear my thoughts. She'll be trapped in a world of claustrophobic darkness, while I destroy everything that she's built.

I deserve it! I've been tricked! I've been trapped here and it's not fair. Why should she get to possess my body? Somehow, I've got to get out and when I regain control of my body, everything she holds dear should watch out.