Dragon Knights Fan Fiction ❯ Twenty Themes ❯ Flavour ( Chapter 15 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
This is for the 20 Themes challenge on Live Journal. Theme 13 is Flavour.

Warnings: pure fluff

Size: 6.07kb


"Okay." His laugh flavoured the darkness behind her eyes.

"What is it?" she asked, struggling to sit up, but he pushed her back down.

"No peeking," he warned. She felt his body move to cradle her and then he brushed her lips with his own. She relaxed. The heat from his lap was comforting and made her drowsy, although the stone sticking into her bottom kept her from falling asleep.

He stretched and she grimaced as his body twisted beneath her and her head rested at an awkward angle. "Sorry," he apologised, his legs returning to a comfortable position. "I had to get this. Open your mouth."

She complied and then gagged as a gooey liquid dropped directly onto the back of her throat. She rolled onto her side, coughing and he stroked her back, uttering soothing noises. Eventually the coughing subsided and she rolled back. "Let's try that again," she croaked.

This time she blocked the sticky flow with her tongue and it trickled over her taste-buds, a sweet and energising rush.

She swallowed and then licked every last trace from her lips. "Mmm, honey!" she murmured.

"Correct!" he said. His body contorted once more, although he supported her head with one of his hands this time. "Next."

She opened her mouth eagerly, but puckered as soon as the first drops hit her tongue. "Eugh, sour." She wiped off the excess fluid with her fingers.

"If you don't guess, then you have to taste more," he warned her.

"Lemon juice," she moaned and pouted. "You know that I don't like sour flavours."

"And yet wasn't there something that you fed me seven times, even though you know that I can't stand it?"

She giggled. "But you made such a cute face when you realised what it was. I never thought you'd turn your nose up at food."

He grunted and his body shifted again. She opened her eyes a crack, worried that he might try to punish her with a rotten egg, or something equally gross, but he closed them with a gentle touch and a stern admonishment - "No peeking."

She lay waiting as paper rustled and there was a snap of a twig breaking. When a cold breeze drifted up under her skirt, he popped something solid into her mouth. Her tongue probed its bumpy surface and rolled it around in her mouth. Her teeth trapped a round and squishy bead between them, which broke under the pressure. Another acidic taste dripped onto her taste-buds. She swallowed it whole and rasped "raspberry," when it had gone down.

"Very good," he replied. The paper rustled again. "Say ahh."

The next one was hard and melted in her mouth. She sucked on it and murmured in delight. When the last molten droplet had been swallowed she sighed. "More chocolate, please."

"On peesh ownlee. 'At's eh roole," he mumbled.

She lifted her hands, felt around and found his face and poked him squarely in his bulging cheeks. "Only one is to be fed," she lectured. "That's another rule."

"My legs are goin to sleep," he complained, rolling her onto the hard ground. He caught her gently but she still landed with a slight bump. He checked, of course, that her eyes were still closed and mumbled "sorry", before rustling through his bag again.

He teased her with the next item, running something pliable under her tongue and around her lips. She tried to bite down on it, but he snatched the food away, leaving only a salty residue behind.

"What is that?" she asked. He responded by placing the mystery substance in her mouth and allowing her to bite off a piece. She chewed, grimaced and swallowed quickly, before demanding water. He spilled a little on her top, but she soon managed to wash the taste out. "That was horrible! It tasted like, like, eugh. It was dry, pointy - I think that it cut the inside of my mouth! It was drowning in salt. What did the poor chicken do to deserve that? Who cooked it? Rath?"

"Bingo!" he said. "Well done."

"That was cruel," she moaned. "No one deserves to eat Rath's cooking."

She felt his breath on her face as the next one brushed against her lips. Some of it dribbled onto her chin and she licked it off. The taste was sweet and juicy, with a cinnamon spice. Another brush followed and she grabbed onto the food with her teeth and licked some soft mush from it. She discovered, as she continued to lick, that the mush coated a soft, but calloused core, one that she bit slightly harder. He twitched and she cackled as best she could. He tried to pull away, but her teeth clung on and he merely succeeded in lifting her head off the ground and gaining a deeper mark on his finger. Soft kisses flowered on her cheeks and fore-head and eventually she let go and tried to catch them on her hungry mouth.

"One more," he said. "No biting."

She muttered something non committal and waited.

His breath warmed her face again, as something soft glanced off the outstretched tip of her tongue. It left a spicy, oily smear and she closed her mouth and cleaned her tongue in the sudden saliva that filled her mouth. "Is it salsa?" she asked. He didn't reply, so she swallowed and reached out her tongue again. The soft object trailed down her tongue and into her mouth. She closed her lips around it and explored the mystery as she had before. This new food was soft and flexible and even though her lips had closed, he was still manipulating it, running it around her tongue, coating her mouth in this spicy flavour. As the outer layer rubbed off, she realised that underneath was something moist which gave off a heat that was unrelated to the spices.

She reached up and grabbed his head, squeezing it, then running her fingers through his hair and scratching his neck lightly with her nails. His warm hands found her body and he rolled onto her, his sudden weight expelling the air from her lungs and the food from her stomach.

Each of them apologised and when they'd both cleaned up they moved the picnic to another area of the grounds and finished off the lot with their eyes open.