Eureka Seven Fan Fiction ❯ The Letter ❯ The Letter ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Dear Renton:
 
 
“I am here and yet not here. With you, yet… not. I feel close, but I am far away. I don't why, when I am around you, I start to reflect on my past. I see my sorrow and the sorrow of the people I have wronged. Then I see you, you are happy, I become sad because it is an emotion that I will never know.
You told me once that you had a dream; you said that they are place where you can be happy. When you said that, I wished that I could go with you. To be happy, I would trade everything in this world and the next.
You had family, something I had never had. I had always felt empty inside. The emptiness and sorrow filled me up and I distanced my self from other people, hoping that they would not share the same fate I would.
But then you told me that you didn't care about my past, you cared about me, not my past, but me. Then you told me, that I had changed. I had become confused and scared. Change… what did this mean? Was I changing into something for the better…or for the worse? That's why I did that. That's why I went deep into the mine. I didn't know… Then you rescued me. I could here your words. “I'll save you, Eureka!!” And I felt warm inside…I felt happy.
Then, you said something; you said that you loved me. I didn't know what that was, was it another emotion? You had said it before when I first met you. I was scared and my reaction was no. I had no idea… what it meant. Did it mean that you want to be with me, forever? I guess it doesn't matter now.
When you left, I began to feel empty again, and also began to distance myself from other people, this time, hoping not to drive them away like I did you. Then, people started to become sad, because I drove you away. If sadness drove you away, then others would be driven away, and more people will sad. So then I decide to destroy my self, so no one would be sad any more. I would not have to see people cry, or see you cry. And if you come back, please, take the Nirvash with you. I don't want to leave this child alone. Renton… if love is what I think it is, than I love you too.
 
Good bye Renton
Eureka