Fables/Fairytales Fan Fiction / Other Fan Fiction ❯ Stolen in the Night ❯ One-Shot

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Stolen in the Night
By: Stormie Morgan
The hollow sound of boots hitting the cobblestone ally got her attention. Was the Lord Duke following her or was it one of the many men who had been eyeing her all throughout the party? No attempt was made to hide his efforts to find her. It was time to find out who her pursuer was. She stepped into a shadowed doorway and waited.
The footsteps stopped, he -who ever he was- must have noticed the absence of her swishing skirts. Damn it, she swore in her head when she recognized the sharp profile of the Lord Duke. Couldn't his bruised ego wait until she had finished feeding?
Wine and honey mixed with the blood of a virgin was her sustenance, the only way she was able to remain in the body of her human avatar, Eudoxia. In reality, she was the Queen of Heaven, Isis; goddess of fertility and motherhood in Egypt. Most believed her to be a “pagan” goddess of a dead religion, but her presence on earth proved she still had followers. Eudoxia was the daughter of a wealthy, noble, Egyptian family staying in Florence for a short time. They had been invited to a party at the manor of the Lord Duke of Florence.
The evening had gone well; Eudoxia had danced with several of the men at the party, when the Lord Duke approached her. She danced with him and they returned to the table. Things turned bad when the Lord Duke announced his drunken intentions to marry her. Negotiations of the bride price between himself and her father would start at noon the next day.
She was aghast. She had to stop the negotiations. Isis could stay in her avatars body for the remainder of its life, or until the avatar became unusable. In her case, marriage would be disastrous; her avatar must be a virgin.
She refused all attempts the Lord Duke made to get her attention for the rest of the night. The real insult came when she refused him another dance. Upon her refusal she was struck with the insatiable thirst for the sacred nectar that kept her in the body of her avatar. Excusing herself from the table, she left the party altogether and made her way to the hidden temple of Isis.
On her way to the temple she heard footsteps behind her. She paid no attention and continued on her way, until she stepped into the ally the temple was located on. When she recognized the Lord Duke she attempted to shrink even further into the shadows, but the many skirts of her dress ruffled loudly in the silence of the night. It grabbed the attention of the Lord Duke and he turned toward her hiding place. Before she could react, the Lord Duke reached out and captured her in his arms.
If only she had her full powers in this form she could have stopped what was to come, but her avatar was far from home and her well of power. Her avatar was young and still an apprentice priestess, not yet able to carry Isis' full powers. The Lord Duke had her on the ground and was in the process of raping her. She summoned all of her powers and thrust her hand through the Lord Duke's chest and searched for his heart. Her grip on Eudoxia was slipping as her virginity was stolen from her in the dark night. Even amid the searing pain he was experiencing, the Lord Duke continued violating her. Eudoxia's hand closed around the Lord Duke's heart and twisted at the same time he drug his dagger across her delicate throat.
Blood seeped on to the cobblestones as Isis slipped from Eudoxia's body. She smirked on the way back to her heavenly throne. She might have been expelled from the earth for a time, but her mission was completed, the Lord Duke was dead. With a wave of her immortal hand the two lifeless bodies disappeared as if they had never existed. The next morning, her parents were told their daughter and the Lord Duke were missing. Immediately, they knew what happened. They were found hanging from the rafters later that evening.