Fake Fan Fiction ❯ FAKE in Love: Act II, Family and Stake-outs ❯ Chapter 1

[ X - Adult: No readers under 18. Contains Graphic Adult Themes/Extreme violence. ]

Warnings and Disclaimers: Hi there friends and lovers, I'll let you decide which category you want to fall into. It's not necessary to have read Act I: Stalkers and Protectors to read this story, but being the author of both, I do recommend it. This is set, oh, let's say about a year after the manga series ended. So I didn't get much commentary on Act I, but what I did get was so sweet and kind, I burned a little midnight oil to get Act II finished for you. Hope you enjoy! I'm not Sanami Matoh, I don't own FAKE, and I'm sad about it. Flame me if you want to, but I'd prefer some constructive Reviews. Or outright flattery, love it. Love you all! Oh yeah, beware of citrusy goodness!
 
 
Ryo collapsed against Dee, his head rising and falling with Dee's gasping breath, their sweaty skin sticky and hot against each other. He whispered quietly, soft words that Dee could never quite catch, a bare breath that he didn't even know left him. Ryo pulled free and tumbled off, lying spent on his back as he struggled to regain his breath. Dee grinned at him as he rolled over and walked two fingers up Ryo's chest.
 
“I should ply you with champagne more often,” Dee whispered.
 
Ryo giggled. “Stop it, that tickles.”
 
“Really?” his fingers toyed lightly with one of Ryo's nipples.
 
“Ack, you're impossible!”
 
Ryo rolled over and wrapped his arms around Dee, holding him tightly as they kissed, tongues gently caressing against each other. Dee brushed Ryo's hair back and slid his thumb down the long slender jaw. He smiled happily at Ryo and kissed him lightly again.
 
“Sexy little Ryo,” Dee said softly. “I love you.”
 
“I love you Dee,” Ryo said.
 
Ryo felt a small exasperated smile dart across his lips. Why did their celebrations always end up like this? He had just managed to beat J.J. for the top sharpshooter score in precinct history and they had taken off early to enjoy themselves. They had gone for dinner and a show, and somehow, in the dark of the theater no less…God they had barely made it home in time. He blushed hotly as he thought of Dee's hands undressing him, touching him. God, he was getting as bad as Dee was.
 
“You're thinking something naughty,” Dee teased.
 
“Stop it.”
 
“Come on, tell me what it was.”
 
“No.”
 
“So it was something naughty!”
 
Ryo's blush darkened and Dee laughed happily. He started to say something else, but Ryo jammed his mouth forward, his tongue pressing hotly into Dee's mouth to silence him. The kiss poured over Dee, and he felt a little weakness in his legs that made him glad he was already lying down.
 
“I'll have to buy you more champagne,” Dee panted.
 
Ryo smiled, his face still flushed. He could feel the champagne still bubbling within him, warming his body and stilling the tension in his mind. He felt deliciously relaxed, and wonderfully desirous. He stared at Dee and leaned forward, kissing him again, his hands running over smooth olive toned skin.
 
“Bottles and bottles,” Dee whispered. “As much as you want.”
 
When Ryo awoke the next morning, he simply assumed that he was hung-over. It was rare, but it did happen to him, and Dee had poured a lot of champagne into him last night. It was just a hang-over, he told himself as he chewed some aspirin and regrettably got ready for work.
 
By lunch he wasn't so sure.
 

Ryo shivered and pulled his suit jacket back on. God he was cold now, he just wanted to go home and sleep, but Dee had insisted. After two days of not being able to keep any food down and a fever that didn't want to break Dee had strong-armed him into the hospital.
 
“It's just a flu,” Ryo had snapped irritably. “Now leave me alone, I want to try and sleep today.”
 
“You're going to the doctor. If you don't get better soon Bikky is never going to leave us alone again.”
 
Ryo smiled a little at that. Bikky liked having the run of the city, and he sometimes would disappear for hours at a time without even the slightest explanation, but as soon as Ryo had said he was sick, Bikky was homeward bound. The boy had been all but camping out in Ryo's bedroom, gruffly making excuses not to go out. Ryo shivered again and wished his doctor would just hurry up and come back.
 
The door of the small exam room clicked open and Ryo's doctor entered, her eyes shifting over his chart once more before she looked up at him and shrugged.
 
“Flu.”
 
Ryo rolled his eyes. “I knew it.”
 
“Hmm,” she said with a smile. “Nothing really to prescribe for it, not unless you start to dehydrate. Take a few days off of work and drink lots of fluids. If it gets worse or doesn't improve in a week, come back and see me.”
 
“Thanks.”
 
“Do I need to tell your bodyguard in the hallway the news?”
 
Ryo flushed darkly. He had refused to let Dee wait in the exam room with him, but apparently his lover hadn't strayed far.
 
“That idiot.”
 
“Yeah,” the doctor said, rolling her eyes slightly. “You look real upset.”

 
Ryo tossed and turned in the large bed, his body was aching and his head spinning. He was miserable. Usually when he got sick he just shut down and slept through it all, but this time he couldn't. He rolled over again and stretched, trying to calm himself, but he felt awful. For a minute he thought about calling Dee and asking him to come home early, but he knew Dee was busy, especially without Ryo there to cover the paperwork. He sighed and curled up into a ball, his body protesting slightly, but new warmth covered him and he began to feel a little drowsy. He smiled and relaxed, then leapt out of the bed and raced for the bathroom.
 

Dee crept quietly through the apartment, his shoes in his hand as he clicked the bedroom door open and peered inside. Good, Ryo was actually asleep now. He shut the door behind him and felt another wave of relief as he realized that there was no Bikky hiding out in their room. Damn the kid was annoying sometimes, and Dee smiled, well maybe not that annoying.
 
He quietly set his shoes down and pulled off his jacket. Dee ran a hand through his hair as he loosened his tie, deep green eyes staring lovingly at Ryo. The brown haired man had fallen asleep with his reading lamp on, and now he lay quietly within a small circle of light. His face was even paler than usual, the skin almost translucent. His hair hung limply around his face, his perfect lips moist and slightly open, soft breath slipping in and out. For an instant Dee wished that Ryo would open his eyes, just to complete this perfect picture, but he shook his head; no Ryo needed to sleep.
 
Dee headed into their small bathroom to brush his teeth, his gaze darting across the glittering reflection in the mirror. Dark black hair, cool green eyes, a smile that made so many legs weak. He grinned at himself as he grabbed his tooth brush, glad that Ryo hadn't been watching him at that particular moment. His partner had a strange ability to sense just what Dee was thinking, and while Dee didn't really mind Ryo knowing what a conceited bastard he was, it was still a little embarrassing if he didn't get to proclaim it himself. He grinned again around the toothbrush. Damn he was in a good mood tonight, if only Ryo wasn't sick.
 
He sighed and ran some water in the sink as he spit, a strange noise drifting out. Dee frowned and leaned closer to the faucet, one hand playing with the handles as he listened for the pipes to make the noise again. Dee stood up sharply and snapped the water off as it came again, louder this time. He moved back out into the bedroom, his eyes intent on Ryo as he watched the man twist violently in his bed, his face clenched tight with fear.
 
“No, please, don't,” Ryo moaned and Dee frowned. “Please! No!”
 
Ryo's body jerked sharply and Dee almost leapt across the room, carefully pinning him down as Ryo struggled within his dream.
 
“Stop! Stop!”
 
“Shh, Ryo, shhhh,” Dee breathed. “It's alright, shhhh…”
 
“No!”
 
“Dee, what the hell are you doing?” Bikky roared as he opened the door.
 
“Shh, Ryo, calm down,” Dee said, his voice still quiet. “It's a fever dream, Bikky.”
 
“No! No!” Ryo was crying now. “Don't! Don't! Please stop!”
 
“What's he saying?”
 
“I don't know. Shhh, Ryo, shh, I'm here, you're alright.”
 
“Why are you holding him down like that? Get off!”
 
“I don't want him to hurt himself,” Dee said quietly. “Shh, Ryo.”
 
Ryo's feet dug into the bed and his body slammed painfully into Dee. Bikky saw him wince and became quiet, his eyes nervously staring as he waited, suddenly feeling very helpless. Dee held tightly to Ryo, trying to ignore the way his heart was pounding and not to cry himself. Please Ryo, please stop. I can't take this, please stop.
 
“Shh, Ryo, shh,” he whispered again.
 
Ryo screamed, his whole body becoming taunt and rigid, then dropping limply back to the bed. He breathed heavily, the tear tracks sparkling on his face as his arms wrapped lightly around Dee and held him.
 
“Please,” he whispered quietly once more, and then became still and silent.
 
Dee slid his own arms around Ryo, surprised at how exhausted he suddenly was. Ryo's warm breath tickled across his cheek and Dee closed his eyes for a moment.
 
“Go back to bed, Bikky,” Dee said quietly.
 
“He's had that dream before, hasn't he? Do you know what he was dreaming?” Bikky said, still standing in the doorway.
 
“No, go to bed.”
 
“But he…”
 
“Bikky, not tonight, just go to bed.”
 
“Fine, parasite, but if I get woken up again, someone's going to regret it.”
 
His eyes flashed worriedly over Ryo once more, but he retreated to his own room. Dee sighed and shifted a little bit, trying get more comfortable. Ryo moaned, and his arms tightened, Dee freezing immediately. He sighed and laid still; looks like this was going to be a long night.

 
Dee awoke to a light kiss on his forehead, a warm voice whispering softly in his ear.
 
“Get up, you're going to be late.”
 
He opened his eyes groggily and Ryo smiled at him, still pinned within Dee's arms. Dee grunted and blinked slowly, his mind telling him that his long sleepless night was going to be nothing compared to his long sleepless day.
 
“How are you feeling?”
 
“Better,” Ryo said. “Still a little sick, but better.”
 
“Good,” Dee said and then frowned. “Ryo, last night, you had a dream…”
 
Ryo frowned now, his usually warm eyes becoming cold and flat.
 
“I don't remember it,” he said, his voice empty.
 
“Well Ryo you were…”
 
“I don't remember it,” Ryo said again, his voice never changing.
 
He pushed Dee off and headed into the bathroom, the door shutting a little louder than usual. Dee lay there for a minute longer and then got up and started to get dressed, his back irritably complaining about the uncomfortable crouched position he had spent the night in. He sighed; he'd get over it, Ryo had needed him.
 
He went out into the living room, Bikky glancing up at him from the couch.
 
“Morning, geek.”
 
“Shut up.”
 
Bikky's eyebrow rose slightly and Dee sighed.
 
“Sorry, long night.”
 
“Did he wake up again?” Bikky said softly.
 
“No, I just couldn't get comfortable.”
 
Bikky rolled his eyes. “You let him hold you like that all night, didn't you? God what a pansy.”
 
“Shut up,” Dee said tiredly. “I didn't want to wake him up.”
 
“How's he doing?”
 
“He's feeling a little better,” Dee paused in the kitchen doorway. “Hey, Bikky, don't ask him about that dream thing, he doesn't want to talk about it.”
 
“Why?”
 
Dee stared at him and shook his head.
 
“He doesn't want to talk about it, how the hell would I know?”
 
“Geez, sorry, sorry.”
 
“Yeah, whatever, come and get your breakfast monkey boy.”

 
Dee sprawled across the couch, a long deep sigh ripping free from him as he relaxed. He was covered in dried mud and god only knew what else, something that would probably get him into trouble if Ryo noticed. He had chased a suspect into a remarkably hazardous field, both tripping and falling in mud and against rusted buried pieces of metal. Dee closed his eyes and rubbed absently at the arm where the tetanus shot had been given.
 
“Rough day?”
 
His eyes opened as Ryo leaned over the back of the couch, a slightly amused look on his face.
 
“Very rough,” Dee muttered. “Sorry about the dirt.”
 
“Don't worry about it, I'll take care of it later.”
 
Dee frowned slightly.
 
“You're feeling better?”
 
“Yeah, I feel fine.”
 
“Good.”
 
“Ack!”
 
Dee pulled him easily over the back of the couch and held him roughly close, his hands gripping tightly against Ryo's back for a moment. Slowly he took one of Ryo's hands and rested it lightly against his cheek, rubbing his face warmly against it.
 
“What happened?” Ryo said softly, now gently caressing Dee's cheek.
 
“He was just a kid,” Dee said. “I hate days like this.”
 
Ryo brushed some of Dee's hair back and lightly kissed his forehead. He snuggled down close and rested his head against Dee's chest, Dee's thumb now rubbing lightly at the back of his neck.
 
“Sorry I wasn't there.”
 
“Yeah, me too. Your shots are up to date, you could have chased the little bastard down.”
 
Ryo laughed. “You'd make me run after I'd been sick?”
 
“Yes.”
 
“What an ass.”
 
“I know.”
 
“It wasn't a compliment.”
 
Ryo enjoyed the silky chuckle that vibrated through Dee's chest.
 
“Beautiful Dee,” he said softly.
 
He turned to face Dee and the dark haired man smiled warmly, his hand pressing more tightly against Ryo's face.
 
“I'm not nearly as beautiful as you are.”
 
They both leaned forward, lips barely touching, tickling against each other, Dee's tongue pressing lightly against Ryo's mouth. Ryo moaned and leaned closer, his mouth dropping open slightly as Dee nipped at his lower lip. He closed his eyes as Dee's hand tightened on his neck, cradling him gently.
 
The doorbell rang.
 
Dee licked his lips as Ryo pulled back and sighed.
 
“It's going to be one of those nights, isn't it?” Dee said softly.
 
“Optimist,” Ryo laughed and went to the door.
 
Dee lay dejected on the couch, and listened as the door clicked open.
 
“Mr. Randy MacLean?”
 
“Yes.”
 
There was a quiet shuffling.
 
“Umm, thank you.”
 
The door shut and Ryo returned a slight frown on his face and a thick envelope in his hand.
 
“Did you get served?” Dee said glancing at him as Ryo sat down on one of the armrests.
 
“I don't think so. They have to tell you if it's for a court appearance, right? The guy didn't say anything.”
 
He slid a finger under the envelope's flap and ripped it open. A heavy card slid out into his hand and Ryo read it slowly, his frown darkening as he finished it and carefully returned it to the envelope.
 
“Well?”
 
Ryo's mouth thinned and he shook his head.
 
“It's from my grandfather.”
 
“Your…wait, I don't get it.”
 
“I don't either,” Ryo said getting up and heading for the kitchen. “What does he want with me now? I've never even met him before.”
 
“Ryo, wait.”
 
Dee scrambled off the couch and followed Ryo into the kitchen, staying in the doorway as Ryo began to pull out food and pans to start cooking.
 
“What does he want?”
 
“For me to come and see him.”
 
“Which grandfather is this?”
 
“My dad's father,” Ryo said.
 
“So the American one?”
 
“Yes,” Ryo said flatly.
 
“What else does it say?”
 
“Nothing.”
 
“You've really never met him?”
 
“Nope.”
 
“Well maybe it's a reunion,” Dee said shrugging. “You know a family thing. Call Elena…”
 
“Aunt Elena and I aren't invited to family things.”
 
“Well maybe…”
 
“Dee,” Ryo paused and turned to face him. “When my dad married my mom, his family disowned him. Aunt Elena's the only one who ever talked to us, the only one who didn't shut my dad out. His own parents didn't even come to his funeral, and they made it clear a long time ago that my name may be MacLean, but I'll never be a MacLean. I don't know what this is, but I'm not really interested in finding out.”
 
“Sorry.”
 
Ryo sighed. “You didn't do anything. I'm just…pissed.”
 
“Really? I couldn't tell.”
 
Ryo tried to look irritable as he glanced over at Dee, but as usual he just couldn't stay aggravated when the handsome detective was nearby. He sighed and turned on the stove.
 
“Why don't you shower and change before dinner?”
 
Dee slid his arms around Ryo's waist momentarily and pecked at his cheek.
 
“Anything you say…Sexy.”
 
Dee chuckled as the blush flashed across Ryo's face and left to take a shower.