Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Fall Into Me ❯ Fall Into Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Disclaimer - I still do not own FAKE. Sheesh, why do I feel like such a loser when I say that?

Song - "Fall into Me" by Emerson Drive

* lyrics *

"words"

Fall into Me

He sat reclined in his chair, moving files back and forth across his desk without actually filling them out or filing them. He just wanted to look busy so no one would get on his back about how he was slacking off on the job. Drake let out a long sigh, finding a place to set the files for a couple of moments before he would move them again. Still trying to look busy, he grabbed his little post-it notes and started to doodle little people (or at least he thought they were people) on them until his pen ran out.

Cursing, he moved the files over from the right side of the desk, to the left side before he started to rummage through his desk to find a pen. Drake found a really chewed up one underneath his wallet and scribbled on the pad to find that it too was out of ink. Now, he took the files and opened one of them, flipping through the pages and stopping on one before he grabbed a highlighter and commenced in drawing lines all over his pad.

It finally clicked in his brain, that if he took different colors, Drake could make little rainbows and other colorful things. So, he did just that after he closed one file and opened another. When his highlighters were nearing the end of their existence, Drake threw them into his desk and randomly opened different files (they were upside down) while trying to look in a state of deep concentration. He then realized how awesome the screensaver on his computer really was. There were just all of these colors . . .

"I'm back," a voice said, ripping Drake out of his trippy gaze.

Drake looked up to be met with a pair of big sapphire eyes staring straight at him through cyan-colored bangs.

"Hey JJ," Drake replied with a yawn.

"I brought lunch," JJ informed him, holding up the paper bag that held his Big Mac.

"Oh, thanks man," Drake replied, accepting the food.

He watched as his partner sat down at his desk across from him as he unwrapped his cholesterol packed meat patty. Drake continued to observe JJ as he pulled out some French fries and started to nibble on them. That's when two people headed out from the corner office into the main room.

"Hey you guys," Dee said, "we're headed to lunch."

"Yeah, okay," Drake replied with a wave of his hand.

"Oh, what a drag. You have lunch already. We could've all gone together," Ryo commented, noticing the McDonalds bags on their desks.

"Oh well. Too bad, so sad. Let's go," Dee said, as he turned to leave.

Ryo didn't follow his partner right away. His dark eyes were set on JJ who was sipping his Coke quietly and looking immersed in something on his desk. Gazing over at Drake, he furrowed his brow and looked between them as if to say, "What's wrong with him?" Drake could only reply with a shrug as he went back to watching his screen saver.

"C'mon Ryo!" Dee whined, coming back in a dragging him out the door.

"Bye, we'll be back later!" Ryo managed to say, before the door closed with a click.

It was silent in the room once again and the only sounds were when one of them reached into their bags to grab a fry or two. Drake looked over at JJ, noticing the sad, far-off look in his eyes and the way he slouched in defeat in his chair. It was no mystery to Drake about JJ's strange behavior. He knew why his partner was acting the way he was. And it all had to do with Dee.

JJ had just finally admitted to himself that Dee was never going to love him as he wanted him to. He swore that he wouldn't jump on Dee anymore because he knew that Dee was owned by Ryo now. No one else could hold his heart, and that's why JJ just gave up. But Drake wished that JJ would look past the problem and see that he was there for him, unlike Dee.

* You say you've turned it off


Hid your heart upon a shelf


Scared of what it might cost


To take it down for someone else


Cuz loving him you lost


Too much of yourself


Baby can't you see?


That he's not me


And.... *

Drake sighed, turning his gaze downward to stare at his burger. He was so confused. Didn't JJ notice anything between them? Did he feel anything but just a partnership that they shared? Why couldn't it be something more than just what it appeared to be? Couldn't they have something special? Drake wasn't sure. But he hated seeing JJ in such distress. He had told him on many occasions that he was always there, if JJ ever wanted to talk and that he would take care of him.

* I need you to know you can fall into me


That my arms are wide open and will always be


Right here waiting, staying strong


Come and fall into me *

JJ stood suddenly and threw his trash away before returning and tinkering with a pen on his desk. He then began to chew on the end of it before turning his attention to his computer where he started a game of FreeCell. Drake couldn't help but smile at the fact that he himself had picked up the habit of chewing on pens from JJ doing the action excessively.

He then watched as JJ began to move things around on his desk. Pushing files from one side to the other, hoping that maybe if he kept moving them back and forth that they'd magically get done. Drake smiled again; JJ had picked up that total procrastinating habit from him, along with some other helpful hints that would get them out of paperwork. You'd think with all that genius, they would actually put all their energy into doing the work instead of wasting the brain cells trying to figure ways out of it. That's why Drake, Ted, and Dee all had a little sign on their desks reading: Why put off what you could do today that you could avoid doing all together?

The sound of footsteps leaving interrupted his train of thought; Drake looked up to see JJ was leaving the room.

"Where're you going?" Drake asked casually.

"For a walk," was JJ's short-sounding reply.

And before Drake could ask farther, the door was closed silently. He sat there for a moment, gazing at the ceiling as he finished his food and then back down at all the paperwork that was calling his name. Drake then stared at the door that JJ had left through. He thought about it for a second, before getting up and putting on his coat, not forgetting to throw out his trash on the way.

* I'll follow any road

Anywhere to get to you *

Asking around the office, some people said that they had seen him headed towards the top floor. And (having nothing else to depend on) Drake went up to the top floor, where he walked around aimlessly, asking random people if they had seen JJ anywhere. Most of the people, he didn't know and therefore, they had no idea who he was or the person he was talking about.

Just about to give up hope, Drake saw a door down the hallway marked: ROOF. So, he walked down the hall to the door and opened it before he climbed another flight of stairs to be met with another door. He opened it and a rush of cold wind hit his face. The first thing that he noticed was JJ leaning on the edge of the roof, either looking at the city or staring off into space.

"Hey," Drake said, coming up from behind him.

"Hi," JJ replied, not looking at him as Drake came to stand next to him.

"What're you doing out here?" Drake asked, resting his elbows onto the concrete wall around the roof.

"Thinking," JJ murmured quietly.

"About what?" Drake inquired.

"Stuff," JJ replied broadly.

"Cool. Can I stand out here and think about stuff with you?" Drake asked, earning a small smile from JJ.

"If you want," he said.

And so, Drake stood there a moment before pulling out a packet of cigarettes. He selected one before lighting it and bringing the stick of lung cancer to his lips. Taking a drag, he looked down at JJ who continued to remain in his own, quiet little world.

"Are you thinking about Dee?" Drake asked suddenly.

"Yeah," JJ said honestly.

"Do you want my opinion?" Drake wondered.

"I guess," JJ replied, letting out a small sigh.

Drake dropped his cigarette down to the ground where he crushed it with the bottom of his shoe. Turning to look at JJ, Drake reached out and stroked some of JJ's silver bangs away from his face, noticing the pale blush that stained his partner's cheeks.

"If someone isn't willing to love you the way you love them, then they aren't the one for you," Drake said.

"Then I really do have no one, don't I?" JJ asked quietly, turning his head away.

Drake grabbed onto JJ's shoulder and roughly turned him around.

"What about me? Did you ever think about me? Am I no one?" he questioned.

"Drake . . ." JJ whispered.

* I'll open up my soul


If that's what you need me to do *

"What if I'm willing to love you unconditionally?" Drake asked seriously.

JJ's aqua eyes were wide with shock at Drake's question.

"Well?" Drake pried, his hands still firmly on JJ's shoulders.

* Now baby it's your move


All you've got to do


Is believe in love

Just believe in us


Now... *

Crystalline tears formed in JJ's eyes as his heart swelled larger than it had in a long time. It was like falling in love for the first time again. Sure, JJ had always liked Drake, but he never knew if his fair-haired companion felt the same way. Overcome with emotion, JJ latched onto Drake tightly.

* I need you to know you can fall into me


That my arms are wide open and will always be


Right here waiting, staying strong


Come and fall into me *

Drake hugged JJ back, loving the feeling of another person near him. He had always just fooled around with women in the past, but he could never keep a girlfriend for very long. It was either a personality quirk or his demanding job that made them all run away. That's when he began to think that maybe there was something deep inside of him that was causing all that bad luck. But, when Drake looked at it, it was really a blessing in disguise.

"I, JJ, I-I think that I'm in love with you," Drake confessed, not wanting to keep it bottled up inside of him any longer.

"Y-You what?" JJ asked incredulously, his eyes wide with disbelief and his cheeks as red as cherries.

"I want to . . . well, I'm wondering if you'll be willing to love me as much as I do you. Are you willing to give it a try?" Drake asked.

"Yes!" JJ cried, throwing his arms around Drake and hugging him tightly.

* Just believe in love, just believe in us


Baby.... *

Pulling away, Drake touched JJ's cheek before leaning in to envelop him in a tender kiss.

* I need you to know you can fall into me


That my arms are wide open and will always be


Right here waiting, staying strong


Come and fall into me *

JJ kissed back, hoping that it all wasn't just some wonderful dream.

* Come and fall into me *

"I'll always be here for you JJ," Drake said, brushing his lips over JJ's once more.

"Thank you, Drake," JJ replied with a smile.

* Baby fall into me *

^_-

After Talk with The Random Queen:

Well, there you have it: My very first attempt at a FAKE songfic involving a Drake/JJ paring. Yeah, and I know that it was a little blah, but this was a warm up for a competition that I had on Saturday. I never got to finish it so I did when I came home (I came in 6th place in the Regional Power of the Pen competition, go me!) and I just added the song because I was listening to it on the radio and I was all, "Oh! Drake and JJ! Drake and JJ!"

Parting Words and the Bribe:

Okay. I would like a couple reviews on this fic. Tell me honestly, should I just like . . . remove the story? I really don't like songfics myself but . . . I couldn't help it. It was unavoidable!

I appreciate all reviews. Flames will be laughed at and used to burn Yu-Gi-Oh cards that I stole from my friend. All nice reviewers will have the pleasure of knowing that they said something nice someone!

Ja!

~The Random Queen

Thanks! And see you soon (if you read any of my other fics ^_^)

July 13, 2004: This songfic was modified today by me. The story was originally written on March 27, 2004. I fixed some spelling stuff and grammar. Hope you enjoyed!