Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Look At Me ❯ Look At Me ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Look At Me
 
 
 
Pairing:  Dee/Ryo
Rating:  Mature
Notes:   Kissing between two men.
Spoilers:  To Volume 6
Timing: Set in November a couple of months or so after the aborted "test drive"
Summary:  Dee guesses Ryo's secrets in exchange for kisses
Disclaimer:   I do not own these characters.  They are the property of Sanami Matoh.  I am not making any money from this.
 
This is the first chapter of four. I'll post the rest in the next few days.
 
Thank you to my beta, Blue Simplicity. I'm so lucky to have you!
 
 
Look at Me
 
Chapter one
 
 
Dee watched surreptitiously from across the room as Ryo hooked a finger in his collar and subtly loosened his tie. It was his considered opinion that Ryo needed to get off. No one else would have noticed anything, but Dee had developed a special Ryo-radar that was almost never wrong. Ryo was working diligently on a stack of files, making notes at intervals, and cross-referencing them. To the untrained eye, he looked deeply absorbed in his work. Dee, however, suspected that there was some pretty heavy-duty sexual-type energy smoldering just underneath the surface. It was evident in the way that Ryo would pause every so often and shift subtly in his seat. In addition, Ryo was keeping his eyes on his work in what struck Dee as a state of unnatural concentration and the man hadn't once looked up at his partner or even around the room for the last hour. But mostly Dee knew it by the blush that advanced and receded at intervals, apparently for no reason at all. Yeah, right. If Ryo was blushing, there was usually a reason. Ryo was thinking about sex, or rather, trying not to, and Dee planned to exploit this unexpected opportunity. But he meant to do it as underhandedly as possible so that he could enjoy the sight of his handsome partner getting more and more turned on. Also, it was imperative that he not reveal his true intentions until it was too late for Ryo to twig to what he was up to and shut everything down. If he played his cards right, there were definitely a few kisses to be had later, and this time, maybe something more.
 
Dee checked his watch. Ten fifteen. They were off in 45 minutes. He mentally ran over what he knew about Ryo's schedule in his head. It was Tuesday. That meant Bikky had had basketball practice earlier and had hopefully tuckered himself out. Ryo had been on the phone with him several times during the evening, making sure the brat had put the meat pie Ryo had made for him in the oven, that he was doing his homework both before and after dinner, and that he had remembered to turn the oven off. Bikky was grounded as usual. Dee couldn't remember why, but it had been something to do with one of the neighbours.
 
"Hey Ryo," he ventured.
 
"Mm?" Ryo answered without raising his eyes from his work.
 
"Whatcha doin' later?
 
"Oh, shower and bed, I guess."
 
Dee paused and waited for the blush to come back. He had guessed that it would as soon as Ryo had said the word 'bed'. He was right.
 
"Don't tell me you're gonna go to bed early tonight."
 
"What do you mean, 'early'?" Ryo's eyes flickered in his direction for a half a second. "It's likely to be close to midnight by the time I get home."
 
"Yeah, but you don't work again until three tomorrow."
 
"Well maybe I have a few things I'd like to get done tomorrow." Ryo closed one file and opened another.
 
"Do me a favour, bud."
 
"What is it this time?" Ryo sounded suspicious. There was another brief moment of eye contact.
 
"Can I crash at your place tonight?"
 
"Again?"
 
"Whaddaya mean 'again'? I haven't crashed at your place for at least a week."
 
"Dee." This time Ryo fixed him with a stern look. Dee smiled inwardly. He knew that look well and so did Bikky. But before Ryo could continue, Dee cut back in.
 
"Oh come on, dude. The shower's busted at my apartment again, and I sure could use one." Dee stretched both arms languorously above his head and sniffed his armpit. He knew this action was making his T-shirt tighten across his pecs. He observed that Ryo's gaze fell on his chest for a moment before jumping away.
 
"You've used that excuse too many times. I don't believe there's anything wrong with your shower whatsoever."
 
"Ryo, I swear I'm telling the truth. If you don't believe me we can stop by my place and check."
 
"Dee, I'm not gonna do that at this time of night, and besides, why should I waste my time when I already know you're lying?"
 
"Oh, that hurts, dude."
 
"Why don't you just take a shower in the locker room before you leave?"
 
"What? That's not the safest place for a hot-looking bastard like me to get all wet and soapy." Dee grinned, silently congratulating himself for planting that image in Ryo's mind. "Do you have any idea how many guys hit on me in there?"
 
"Huh?" Ryo looked full at him, alarmed. His face suddenly went a couple of degrees pinker.
 
"Kidding, dolt. God you're easy. So far JJ's the only one. Though I think if Claire from traffic could get into the men's locker room, I'd really have a problem."
 
"Claire? She likes you?"
 
"She's hot for my body, man."
 
"She's quite pretty, as I recall."
 
"Yeah, not bad." Dee looked away from Ryo because he knew that if he did, Ryo would then look at him. Sometimes he felt as if he spent every waking moment trying to make Ryo look at him.
 
"Are you...Are you gonna ask her out?" Ryo's tone was so overly casual, that Dee wanted to laugh. Of course he didn't dare.
 
"Nah," he said. "She's not what I want." He managed to hold Ryo's gaze for two long seconds.
 
"Well, I'm sure you'll find the right girl someday." Ryo's attention returned to his writing pad and files.
 
"Or boy."
 
"Mmph."
 
"So, how 'bout it?" Dee's tone was a little more seductive than he'd intended.
 
"H-how about what?" Ryo's pencil suddenly skittered away from him and he made an unsuccessful grab for it.
 
"Your place. Me. Showering and crashing. Come on, pleeeeeease? Don't forget -- I'M back here in this shit-heap at 7:00 a.m. tomorrow, unlike you."
 
Ryo heaved a resigned sigh. "I suppose you'll be wanting to borrow a shirt for work tomorrow too?"
 
"Dude, you're the best friend a guy could have."
 
"Yeah, yeah. Now why don't we BOTH get some work done before quitting time?"
 
"Whatever you say. Man, I'm looking forward to that shower. Hey, have you still got that special gel your aunt gave you? That stuff makes a really good lather. I want to--"
 
"Dee, cut it out. No more soap stories. I have to phone Bikky anyway and make sure he gets his butt into bed." Ryo hastily picked up the phone.
 
They worked in companionable silence until eleven p.m. Although Dee's attention was not exactly on his work, he didn't attempt to engage his partner in any more conversation. He had achieved his objective and he wanted Ryo to go back to thinking about whatever had been getting him so hot and bothered before.
 
Dee would have given just about anything to know what that was.
 
&%&%&%&%&%
 
end of chapter one