Fake Fan Fiction ❯ Sleepless Night ❯ Sleepless Night ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Disclaimer: My name isn't Sanami Matoh, nor do I work at Tokyopop, nor (I should add) am I a manga-ka of any kind. So, obviously, I don't own FAKE. But you knew that already, right?

AN: This is set during the 5th Graphic Novel, at the end of Act 14. The quote is Ryo's, directly from the GN. The rest is Dee's, from my own twisted mind.

"If you do it to me now, I wouldn't…well, I wouldn't care at all."

That's the problem, isn't it? I love you, and I don't want anyone else, and you don't seem to care. Even if I were low enough to take advantage of you (and believe me, with you looking all vulnerable like that, the thought did more than cross my mind), it wouldn't have been what I needed. Looking at you after that kiss, looking into your eyes, it was like looking into an abandoned house. There wasn't anything…They say eyes are the window to the soul, and if that's the case, at that moment you had lost yourself. There was no Ryo in your eyes, just an empty shell. It scared me to see that look in your eyes, Ryo. That's why I lashed out. I needed some sort of reaction, it didn't matter what. I couldn't stand that lost and empty look…it made me frightened, and that made me angry. But you misunderstood, I was never really angry at you. I was angry at myself, for not being able to protect you, for letting that haunted look sink into your soul. And I have to keep my walls up, so I just start acting like myself, like nothing's changed, but…I would have killed for you. I still would. All you'd have to do is ask. I stopped you, because I can't stand the thought of you being turned into a killer…that's not what you are. You're too gentle, deep inside. You're what I'm not; you're what I've looked so long for. And as I lay here, tortured by these thoughts, you sleep peacefully, blissfully unaware.

Shit. It's gonna be a long night.