Fake Fan Fiction ❯ The Blessing ❯ The Blessing ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Blessing
By: Heather E. B.
Note: I don't own FAKE, I do however own the plot and the future-like machines.

Night, March 24
The leaves whistled as March came upon New York City. Dee Laytner layed back on the bed in the master bedroom of his two-sized apartment with his lover/partner, Randy Ryo Maclean. The heater turned on, a soft, gentle hum sounding through-out the room.
Ryo turned to his lover, his dark eyes gleaming in the dim light from the full moon. Dee's face stared up at the ceiling, as if the cop was thinking. And thinking hard he was.
A new machine had just been invented this past year that would make it capable for gay couples to have a kid without adopting one. The machine would take one sperm from each guy and transform one of the sperm into an egg, with the same genes, and implant the original sperm into the newly made egg. Then the machine would make one of the couple's body able to have a kid and then implant that fertilized egg in the person. In nine months, the couple would have a kid of their own.
Dee had wondered and wondered over the past month if a kid of their own would be what they needed. WEll, with Bikky gone to college and Carol with him (she had moved up there after she found that she couldn't live without Bikky). There was no one to annoy them anymore. And Ryo really liked kids, and Dee liked them too, but he just wouldn't admitt it.
"You alright Dee?" Ryo's voice knocked Dee out of his train-of-thought and the green-eyed man turned to Ryo. "What?" It didn't sound snappy at all, just a bit irritated, Dee hated to get knocked out of his thinking-modes. Ryo sweatdroped and smiled softly at Dee, "What are you thinking about so much?"
Dee looked out the window again and muttered something under his breath. Ryo blinked and scooted closer to his lover. "What was that again?" Dee sighed, "I was thinking about us having a kid. Ya know, they made a machine that would make it capable for us to have one."
Ryo layed his head on Dee's chest, listening to his heart-beat, "I'd like that." Now it was Dee's turn to blink down at his lover. "Really? I mean, you'd have to be the one to carry the kid, but you wouldn't mind having a little mini Dee/Ryo running around?"
Ryo laughed softly, "No, I wouldn't mind. In fact, I'd love it." Ryo knew he'd never be able to have a child of his own, but then that machine came, and it just made things better. They could finally have a kid without adopting one.
Dee's lips turned into a huge grin and he pulled Ryo more into his arms. "We'll go tomorrow."
And with that, they both turned in for the night.
~~~
Afternoon, March 25
Dee and Ryo walked down to the small hospital that was built a few blocks away from the main hospital in New York City. This hospital would tend to their needs and they had the machine there as well.
Ryo's plams were sweating, what if they denied them from having a kid because they were cops, or what if the machine messed up and ended up killing him. Dee looked over and rested his arm around Ryo's shoulders, "Don't worry, if they end up hurting you I'll be able to kick their asses for doing so."
Ryo's discomfort lifted a bit at that fact, but not much. They soon entered the place and Dee signed them in. A lot of homosexual couples were sitting in the waiting room. Ryo guessed that they too wanted a kid of their own. Or maybe they were here to beat up the doctors like Dee would if they killed him.
Oh crap, what had he gotten himself into.
Dee sat down as Ryo stood up, the guy was trying to escape, his nervous were on the edge today and it didn't help that this machine was one he didn't know anything about. Dee pulled Ryo into his lap and held onto him. "It'll be alright. No one's died yet cause of it and you won't either."
Ryo nodded stiffly and gulped. This was going to be a long day.
~~~
Night, March 25
Ryo's eyes kept slidding in and out of focus as Dee drove back to their apartment. Ryo hadn't died and he was now carrying their kid. The tension in Ryo's shoulders was still there, but most of it had gone after it was over.
"Go to sleep Ryo, I'll wake you up when we're home." Dee said softly to Ryo. Ryo's head barely nodded before his eyes closed and he slipped off to sleep.
~~~
Five Months Later, August 25, Afternoon
Ryo bit his pillow as the craving for onion curry flooded his mind again. He was off work since Dee had made him stay home. Dee didn't want Ryo doing anything too 'harmful' to the kid and Ryo was sick of it. Dee was a bit too over-protective when it came to him, but it never bothered Ryo, until now.
Now Ryo was bored as hell and he didn't want to get out of bed just to make some onion flavored curry! Seriously, the cravings were getting on Ryo's nerves. Now Ryo would never feel bad for pregnant women again. He'd just feel sorry for himself for having to go through this.
Ryo looked at the clock for the fifth time this hour and sighed in relief. Dee would be coming home soon and then the cop could make him some curry.
A few minutes later the door to the apartment opened and closed. Hurried feet could be heard running towards the master bedroom. Dee slammed open the door and looked at Ryo as he layed in the bed.
"Miso?" Asked Dee, Ryo's cravings had became frequint lately. Thank God they only had four more months to go. Ryo shook his head and muttered, "Onion flavored curry." Dee's face contorted into a disgusted looked and Ryo laughed at it.
"Well, I'm glad you find it funny." Dee shook his head and stalked into the kitchen to make his lover some curry, hoping that that would be his only craving for today.
Ryo smiled and layed back on the bed. Thank god Dee was here and that he wouldn't have to suffer anymore. Soon the curry was brought in and Ryo ate while Dee watched as his dark-eyed lover devored the food.
"Hey, Ryo. We need to think of names. And Bikky called my cell, him and Carol are coming back here for New Year's." Ryo nodded to the information and put down the now empty bowl. "I was thinking, that if it was a girl, we'd name her Sanami. And if it was a boy, his name would be Zeno or something like that."
Dee pipped up. "I've got a male's name, Zuiken. Well, since you're part japanese, those names would be it's japanese name, and if it was a girl, her american name would have to be Elena, after your aunt, and the boy's american name would be.." Dee is quiet, finally stumped on this one.
Ryo smiles and answers for him, "How about Dan, just Dan, no Daniel or Danny." Dee nods to the sugestion and grins. "Okay, we've got the names, girl: Sanami/Elena, boy: Zuiken/Dan."
Ryo nods happily and falls back into the pillows. Completely whiped out from cleaning the house and then laying about. And the food also got to him, so he's full and content.
~~~
Four Months Later, December 24, Near Midnight
Ryo groaned in pain. The contractions were coming closer and closer. His head was covered in sweat, Dee was holding his hand, trying to comfort him in his time of need.
Dee sat beside Ryo's bed as he continued to clutch the sheets with his one hand in pain. They had arrived here around 4 this afternoon and Ryo was 9 centimeters dilated, needless-to-say, he was in horrible pain. But it would be all worth it.
There was an opening under Ryo's balls that would be the way for the baby to come out, it was made by the machine and it would completely heal after Ryo had the kid.
Dee kissed his lover's forehead as the midnight bells tolled in the deep distance of the night. A nurse rushed in and checked Ryo once again, he was ready.
They'd soon have a kid.
~~~
Seven Days Later, January 1, Bikky and Carol have arrived in NYC
Bikky laughed as Carol got off the plane and almost slipped but he caught her, "You...alright..Carol?" He asked. Carol snikered softly and nodded. She found it funny as well.
Bikky and Carol walked into the airport and picked up their bags and looked for Ryo, who said he had something to show them when they met him. They soon spotted the dirty-blonde haired cop who had just walked up to them.
"Hey there Bikky, Carol." He said. Bikky and Carol went and hugged the guy. Ryo laughed and patted their heads. "Dee should be here soon, had to do something first." Bikky looked at Ryo, fully taking in his father-figure.
"You look a bit different Ryo, what happened?" Bikky asked. Ryo smiled sheepishly and nervously laughed while rubbing the back of his head. But before Ryo could answer, Dee came up next to Ryo with a baby in his arms.
The child had Ryo's dark eyes and his sandy-blonde hair. But it also had Dee's nose, forehead, and chin, but Ryo's cheeks. The little one looked up at Bikky and grinned a Dee grin. Carol's eyes got huge and shiney. "Awwww! What a cute little baby!!"
She picked up the child from Dee's arms and held it against her body. Bikky had a stunned look on his face, "Who's...?" Dee laughed at Bikky's face.
"Well, Dee had the great idea of using that new machine to have a kid, and here we are, with a kid, and that's why I look different Bikky, I had to carry it." Dee gave a sheepish smile, but still hugged Ryo from behind.
Carol looked up from the baby with a smile on her face as well. "What's it's name?" You couldn't tell if the kid was a boy or a girl, the child had female features, but male features as well.
Ryo and Dee looked at each other and then down at the baby. "Her name is Elena Sanami Laytner Maclean."
They all then walked out of the airport, Sanami in Carol's arms and Bikky blinking at her. She did look like a woman who would be great with kids. Ryo and Dee smirked, almost knowing what Bikky was thinking.
Bikky glared at Dee and kicked him in the butt. "Bikky!" Yelled Dee, and then the chase started. Sanami, Ryo, and Carol looked on with smiles on their faces.
Ah, it was just like old times. With a blessing that had come from Ryo and Dee's love for each other.
The End?