Fan Fiction / Bleach Fan Fiction ❯ Behind Enemy Lines: A Bleach Story ❯ The First Grueling Day of Pointlessness! ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: If you sue me, you won't get jack $%#@.
 
 
Chapter 5:The First Grueling Day of Pointlessness
 
As the Shinigami filed out of the headmaster's office, Ichigo looked down at his `schedule'. It said he had Transfiguration first but what the hell was transfiguration? Then the female teacher in green had walked briskly before the group and said, “Whoever has Transfiguration first, follow me.” In a very annoying accent. Her voice was like nails on a chalkboard. So he and some other Shinigami, including Rukia, trailed after the old woman.
 
Ichigo seriously didn't want to hear her voice the first thing in the morning it would make his ears bleed. Oh well, maybe sometime later that night he could wander off into the woods and go hollow hunting to relieve his stress. He was having more hopeless thoughts, this place was making him delirious. They soon climbed a flight of stairs before entering a classroom, already half-occupied by other students.
 
Once again, Ichigo felt as if all eyes were turned to him. He wondered, out of all the Shinigami, why were the eyes always stuck on him!? Ichigo sat down at a table in the front next to Rukia and at once he felt that it was a bad idea but all the other tables were filled up. He would just have to live with it.
 
The Transfiguration teacher stood at the front of the class with her hands clasped together. “Hello students, I am sorry for the delay but I had a meeting to attend to. Now that we're all here let's start this year off.” And for the next ten minutes she rambled on about transfiguration and Ichigo easily tuned her out. He had no interests in all this magic mumbo-jumbo.
 
The class was dismissed and Ichigo headed to his next class in complete and utter boredom. The day repeated itself in this kind of fashion until lunch where Ichigo poked at his food, not knowing if he should eat this foreign food or starve to the point of death. He decided he just might as well live and ate his food grudgingly.
 
“Ichigo, you're being rude by not eating.” Rukia mumbled while she took a bite of her sandwich. Ichigo took a look at her plate, which only consisted of the other half of the sandwich.
 
“You're one to talk.”
 
Rukia shrugged, “Just try not to look so disgusted.”
 
“Yeah, yeah.”
 
“DEATH BERRY!” Chiaki screamed as she ran over smiling. “We have Defense Against the Dark Arts together! YAY!”
 
“Please act like you don't know me.” Ichigo growled as he stared at his food.
 
Chiaki sat beside him. “NOW DON'T BE SUCH A CRAB!”
 
“Shut up.” He said. “I don't like it when people scream in my ear.”
 
“Honestly Rukia-chan! Why do you hang out with such a loser!” Chiaki winked. “Well then again love never really made sense!”
 
“Huh? What do you mean?” Rukia asked, blinking.
 
“OH HO HO HO HO!” Chiaki laughed, “You'll find out!”
 
Ichigo growled, grabbing Chiaki by the collar, “I'm about to hit you, so run away while you have a chance!”
 
“Ichigo you should really lighten up.” Chiaki said seriously. “You can't even take a simple joke. You're too young to be so square.”
 
“Isn't he? I tell him the same thing.” Rukia muttered.
 
“You guys are ganging up on me! That's not fair, because if you were in my position…well, you know.” Ichigo trailed off when a familiar pale boy came strutting up to them with a smirk plastered upon his face.
 
“LOOK RUKIA-CHAN IT'S THE ALBINO I TOLD YOU ABOUT!” Chiaki said laughing as Ichigo dropped her.
 
“We already met him on the train. Don't you remember? Ichigo beat him up.” Rukia replied. “Well, no, Ichigo beat his friends up and scared him off.”
 
“You're not social either are you, Death-berry? Then again I just can't blame you. This kid's even squarer than you are.” Chiaki said.
 
“How are the strange ones today?” Malfoy asked in an annoying tone.
 
“You seem just fine.” Ichigo said flatly.
 
The smirk dropped from the pale boy's face. “Look, Chopsticks, this is my school. Don't come running your mouth.”
 
Ichigo snapped. Maybe all the pure annoyance had just crack something in his brain for he picked up Malfoy by the collar and threw him down the Griffindor table. Malfoy slid across the wood until finally flying from the tabletop and onto the stone floor. Chiaki doubled over laughing hysterically with tears streaming from her eyes while Rukia stared in shock.
 
“Death-berry! That was hilarious. I didn't think anyone had the guts to do it!” Chiaki said through gasps. The whole Great Hall went silent. The only noise was Chiaki's unusual laughter.
 
“Don't encourage him!” Rukia said in a choked voice. “He might do it again! He might be thrown out!”
 
“So? Don't ruin the moment Rukia-chan!” Chiaki said. “That was a perfect lunchroom fight!”
 
Ichigo sighed and said, “Man, that kid is so freakin' annoying!”
 
Out of nowhere Byakuya appeared next to Ichigo. “Kurosaki! Do you know what you've done?!” He yelled in Japanese.
 
“I threw someone, simple.”
 
“Why?”
 
“He was an annoying little bastard. I had to do something to shut him up! He called me Chopsticks! I tell you he's a racist!” Ichigo snapped back.
 
Byakuya went silent for a moment before saying, “Ok maybe he deserved that but you still didn't have to overreact.”
 
“You're the one whose overreacting if I get kicked out that will be the end of it. You can carry out your mission without me.” Ichigo said. “This place sucks anyway.”
 
Rukia kicked Ichigo. “You can't leave me alone! What about your… fans?”
 
“Don't worry you won't be alone Rukia-chan!” Chiaki hugged Rukia around the neck with a vice grip.
 
“Don't leave me alone!” Rukia said. “Byakuya! You have to find a way to keep Ichigo here or I'll die for sure!” At this she started forcing herself to cry.
 
“You're trying to make me look like a bad guy! Stop crying you imbecile!” Byakuya tried to get her to stop but Rukia's eyes got really big and she cried some more. “Really stop crying or I'll have you both expelled!” Oops, wrong thing to say, Rukia cried some more.
 
“For once I tried to prove myself and you send me away!” She said.
 
“Why am I surrounded by these simpletons?! Fine he can stay! But it won't be easy convincing him to let him!” Byakuya said, “I can't make you any promises.” By now they had already gained an audience. The whole talking in Japanese thing and Rukia crying also attracted a more than needed crowd.
 
“Thank you!” Rukia said happily and hugged Byakuya awkwardly who pushed the small girl away.
 
“Please don't touch me. I only saved your behind to save mine. I might be expelled from my captain position for this if he ruins it all.” Byakuya muttered as he dusted his robes as if Rukia had held some kind of germ he wanted to avoid.
 
Chiaki laughed, “This is stupid, Byakuya. Tell all these kids to go back to their tables. Their crowding is making me nauseous.”
 
Ichigo suddenly realized people had accumulated around where they were standing, watching nervously.
 
“I won't die! YAY!” Rukia said happily.
 
“Yeah…right.” Chiaki muttered smugly.
 
“What?” Ichigo asked suspiciously.
 
“Nothing you need to be concerned about.” Chiaki replied mysteriously.
 
“What happened here?” Professor McWhatsitgoll? McGoblinmall? Something around those lines came striding over to the group of Shinigami.
 
“Ahem. Malfoy over there provoked Kurosaki with verbal abuse. He said some very rude things and Kurosaki threw him down the table.” Byakuya answered monotonously.
 
“Is this true?”
 
Ichigo nodded, “Yeah you've got a very disturbed child over there.” He glanced over at Malfoy who still sat on the floor in shock with food on his face and shirt with his friends gathered all around him, panicking aimlessly.
 
“I see, well, what did he say to you?” the professor asked.
 
“Some very, rather painful things that I wish not to repeat.” Ichigo replied as he caught a glance of Byakuya rolling his eyes discreetly.
 
Chiaki stepped up and said, “Professor McGonagall, it seems that your Malfoy knows a few racial terms that would be needed to be dealt with.”
 
Byakuya says in Japanese, “Don't you think you're all laying it on a bit thickly?”
 
“Whatever creates effect.” Chiaki replied.
 
Professor McGonagall seemed to not understand wha they were saying and asked, “Pardon me?”
 
“I was just telling her that she had drool on her chin.” Byakuya answered to the teacher.
 
Chiaki sputtered a few curses at the captain before crossing her arms and pouting. Ichigo rolled his eyes and turned back to the Transfiguration teacher. “If you have to give me detention get on with it.” He said casually.
 
“I will have to give you one day's detention Kurosaki but since Malfoy provoked you he will get two days detention.” The professor then turned and swiftly walked away.
 
Ichigo sighed, “I'll have to take care of that son of a bitch later.”
 
“Just be thankful you weren't expelled.” Byakuya muttered as he swept away to his office.
 
Now that the teachers had gone back to their seats the students all had their turn to laugh at Malfoy but he heard silence from the Slytherin table except for Chiaki who was still laughing at the pale Hogwarts student. “Ugh! Shut UP! This place is never at peace!” Ichigo yelled as he gathered up his books and stomped away to the courtyard but to his dismay there were students there too.
 
“Ichigo wait up!” Rukia caught up with him. “You should tell me before running dramatically away like that!”
 
“Why can't you just stay there by yourself?” Ichigo demanded angrily.
 
“Well, I don't know.” She replied. “I just can't let you run around here by yourself. You might end up killing someone.”
 
Ichigo nodded, “I can't argue there, I'm just so irritated with this place! There is not one quiet spot where I can just calm down!”
 
“Yeah, well deal with it for now.” Rukia said. “This mission could be over in a week or so if we really pull ourselves together. By the way, we're going hollow hunting tonight so, just save up all that anger for the enemy.”
 
“But then when will we sleep?”
 
“I dunno. You can take a nap before that or something.” Rukia shrugged. Soon they came to another courtyard with benches around a large fountain and luckily it wasn't littered with adolescents like the others. Ichigo sat down and enjoyed the blissful soundlessness. Rukia sat down beside him.
 
“I have to break it to you sooner or later.” Ichigo began. “You can't keep following me around like this.”
 
“Why?”
 
“Them. The students think we're a couple or something…” Ichigo shuddered at the thought.
 
Rukia shrugged, “Who cares? It's not like we'll be here for long. You of all people should know that whatever people say doesn't matter.”
 
Ichigo sighed, “There's no use in trying to get through to you.”
 
“What's that supposed to mean?”
 
“Nothing.” Silence lingered between the two until…
 
“CHIAKI GO BOOM!!” Chiaki roared as she jumped up from behind their bench. Rukia jumped, screaming and Ichigo fell forward.
 
(A/n: That's a line from Angelic Layer. I don't own it!)
 
“What the hell is wrong with you?!” Ichigo yelled. “Why are you even here?!”
 
“I couldn't leave you two alone together, HA HA HA!” Chiaki said happily as she sat on the edge of the fountain.
 
“You need a restraining Order” he snapped back.
 
“Couldn't...you…have...just…said hello?” Rukia said through gasps. “You're going to give someone a heart attack!”
 
“Oh ho ho ho ho! No way! That would be much to bland for me!” The blonde Shinigami stated. “Plus, I'm so excited about going hollow huntin' tonight! It's going to be fun! My first hollow hunt with my two best friends! We'll remember it forever!”
 
“WHAT? She's coming too?” Ichigo said in panic.
 
Rukia sighed while sitting back on the bench. “Everyone is. We're trying to find a source where the hollows are coming from. Just in case Menos Grande appears again we need all the Shinigami.”
 
“Fine but, try not to make so much noise.” Ichigo mumbled.
 
“Yeah, whatever.” Chiaki suddenly brightened up again. “I think we have some company! You can come out of the bushes now!”
 
“Aw, damn how'd she see us?” the red-haired boy said as he flung a wave of invisible cloth off his head.
 
“I didn't. I sensed you!” Chiaki said happily. “You guys let your powers wander around like wild monkeys.”
 
“They don't have any powers.” Ichigo said dryly.
 
Rukia stated, “They do just very little remember? Anyways, why were you spying on us?”
 
The two other Hogwarts students through off the cloak and stood nervously looking at them before the bushy-haired girl said, “Well, you see collecting the evidence of the past days I can draw the conclusion that you are not normal.”
 
“Have you noticed that you aren't either?” Ichigo asked. “Come on you wave around twigs for crying out loud!”
 
“He's got a point there, Hermione.” Harry Potter muttered to his female friend.
 
“Um, not that that's settled we will be going now.” Rukia said before standing and grabbing Chiaki and Ichigo.
 
“And remember that if you spy on us again you'll end up like the Malfoy kid!” Ichigo said which sent Chiaki into a series of giggles.
 
“That was so FUNNY!” she screamed.
 
“How is that even funny you sadistic weirdo?”
 
“I think lunch period is over. We should go to class now.” Rukia said before pulled them out of the courtyard.
 
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^ ^=
 
Nemu Kurotsuchi walked along a hall at the Shinigami HQ. She was summoned to Geryuusai-fukutaicho's office by a lowly rookie when she was doing some paper work at her desk for the captain. The wooden floorboards creaked under her steps as she made her way to the door and sauntered inside. Already standing before Geryuusai-Fukutaichou was Hitsugaya Toushiro, Soi Fong, Matsumoto Rangiku, and Kusajiku Yachiru.
 
“You have arrived, I see.” Said Geryuusai in a very old voice since he was old, really.
 
“What do you want to do with us?” Hitsugaya asked.
 
“As you know Captain Byakuya and the thirteenth division have went on a mission to uncover the location of Ukitake Jyuushiro. It just so happens that a Menos Grande appeared in their location. In fact, study shows that there is enough hollow activity to summon three Menos.” The first captain stopped to see if they were following. “I am sending you five to help keep the hollows under control. Understand?”
 
“I understand perfectly, but why isn't Renji coming with us? He is the 6th division vice captain.” questioned Soi Fong.
 
“He interfered without permission therefore he is being punished. And the rest of the Vice-Captains and Captains are already preoccupied with Japan's growing fleet of hollows. So that is why I am sending you.”
 
“So when should we leave?” Matsumoto asked.
 
“As soon as you can. Perhaps in the next hour or so.”
 
“Wagata wa.” They said before leaving the first captain's office.
 
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^ ^=
 
“Ahem, today you won't need your wands for I am going to teach you the way of the Demon Arts.” Byakuya said as he stood before a class full of Slytherins and Gryffindors. “Some of you may not be able to perform these arts because of your low spiritual levels though you may be able to gain some energy with a few lessons.” He looked around at the humans so clueless in what he was saying. Byakuya held a laugh as he saw some insulted faces in the Slytherin tables.
 
The children of the Slytherin house were nothing close to intelligent, perhaps except for the few Shinigami in the house, but other than that they were complete primates. Byakuya decided he was going to bring up a few basic Demon Arts to the class for their classwork since there was nothing he knew about this wizardry nonsense. “Since the Hogwarts students don't know about the basics of the Demon Arts I'm going to call up a few of the other students who are capable of demonstrating for me.”
 
Byakuya's eyes searched the room as he picked out, Rukia, some girl, some guy, and two other Shinigami. To his disappointment, Miss Takamura decided she would come up too and show off her skills. “Now I need you to establish the basic spells, nothing complicated.”
 
Chiaki said, “I know the perfect spell!”
 
“Does it involve destroying anything?” Byakuya asked the short blonde girl. “If so then sit down.”
 
“Oh… Nevermind.” Chiaki muttered.
 
“I could use Sai.” Rukia suggested.
 
“Very well.” Byakuya said.
 
“But who do I use it on?” Rukia asked as she looked around the room. “I don't think anyone would volunteer.”
 
Byakuya nodded and picked out someone, “Then use it on Kurosaki. I am sure he won't mind.”
 
“Sorry about this Ichigo.” Rukia muttered. “Binding spell the first, SAI!”
 
Ichigo felt a familiar sensation as his arms snapped back. He stood and stumbled around before regaining his balance. “You could warn me before you do that.” He muttered as our orange-headed hero snapped the spell. “That hurts you know.”
 
“I said, sorry.” Rukia said. The class looked on in wonder. Since Rukia did say the spell in Japanese it sounded like a bunch of oriental voodoo.
 
“Basically that is how you perform a spell.” Byakuya said.
 
“But, Professor Byakuya, we have our wands!” One girl said from the back of the room.
 
“All right, I see that you only depend on those wands so let's imagine your wand is broken and you're faced with an enemy. What would you do then?” Byakuya asked the class with a very annoyed voice. The class didn't seem to have an answer.
 
“That's what I thought.” He paused before continuing. “As you can see, Miss Kuchiki chanted an incantation to unlock the spell correct?”
 
The class murmured in agreement. “That is what I'll be teaching you if you haven't already guessed that. Now you'll start with Sai. So I'll tell you now that if you force yourself to struggled against the spell your soul will break.” There was a long and painful silence in the room.
 
“Don't just sit there, pick a partner and try it. The incantation if `binding spell the first, sai!'” Byakuya said impatiently as the students shuffled around in the room, trying to find a partner.
 
Ichigo didn't have any difficulty finding a partner since Rukia declared him her partner. He watched as Chiaki slapped Malfoy on the back and said evilly, “YOU'RE MY PARTNER!”
 
(Switching perspective! ^^-)
 
Harry and Ron were partners when it came to the lesson of Defense Against the Dark Arts and since there was an uneven amount of students, Harry watched as Neville Longbottom had been partnered with Professor Kuchiki. Harry thought it would be interesting to see if he could perform any magic with his hands. He waved his hands around for a moment before saying, “Binding spell the first, Soi!”
 
Nothing happened.
 
“It's SAI…” Professor Kuchiki said, exasperated.
 
Harry shrugged and tried it again. Still no effect. He turned and watched the Japanese students perform it perfectly. He felt intimidated and he guessed that Hermione felt the same way since she was usually the best student in all the classes she had. He glanced over to her and saw that she was doing it right but still had no effect on Parvati. A student's body fell to the floor and everyone stopped what they were doing to look at Malfoy who was flailing like a fish out of water.
 
“Need some help there?” a blonde haired girl said while she stood over Malfoy.
 
Harry and Ron laughed as Malfoy struggled. “You imbecile, don't move.” Professor Kuchiki stated coldly.
 
“I don't know why this is so dangerous. He's just like that stupid oaf Hagrid!” Malfoy yelled.
 
Byakuya picked up the squirming Slytherin by the neck and said, “I dare you to say that to my face.” Everyone was hushed and Malfoy was silent. “I thought so.” The professor said before dropping Malfoy and snapping his fingers.
 
“Get back to work!” The students resumed their actions, though the air was filled with tension. Before they knew it, the class was over and the professor dismissed everyone who could move (which did not include Malfoy and Neville)
 
 
=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^^=^ ^=
 
Hermione, being the person most interested in the transfer students, instantly suggested to his friends to spy on them again that night. It was late that afternoon that Hermione unveiled a plan in the common room.
 
“Why? They don't seem so strange to me.” Ron said through a mouthful of food.
 
Hermione shook her head, “Of course they don't seem strange to you because you don't ever notice anything. Anyways, I had eavesdropped on their meeting this morning with Professor Dumbledore, and there was a mention of these creatures called `hollows.' It just so happens that there is an article about them in this book.” She pulled out an old book from her bookbag, dropping it on the tabletop. Harry looked at the book suspiciously as dust flew from the pages as Hermione opened the book to a page where she had kept a bookmark.
 
She read aloud, “`Hollows are the lost souls of people after they die with the Inga no Kusari ripped from their chest. Because of the regrets and grudges built up inside their souls long after death they prey on other souls and people to ease their pain. They can only be defeated by three things: Shinigami, or Gods of Death who take the form of samurai in black with their signature weapons called, Zanpaku-to soul cutters. Two, Quincies, a race of extinct humans who were killed off by the Shinigami because the Quincies, without noticing it tampered with the balance between this world and the next. Three, hollows can be killed by other humans who are not Quincies but still retain their spiritual powers. Side note: this does not include wizards who are skilled in a different kind of power.'”
 
This was all written on a yellowing, crumbling page, heavy with dust particles. On the side, there was a picture of a `Shinigami', but the picture was smudged by a dark brown coffee stain that seeped through to the next chapter. Or was it tea?
 
“I shared this article with the headmaster, but when I found it, it was wet.” She explained. “As you can see, this stain takes up half of the page and smudged most of the words. I could barely make it out myself. Obviously someone didn't want us to read this.”
 
“It might be just a coincidence.” Ron said. “I bet that old librarian spilled something on it when she was rearranging her `precious' books yesterday.”
 
“The tea on the page isn't English tea. There are still grounds on the paper.” Hermione said, turning the book around so Harry and Ron could inspect it.
 
Harry nodded, “I think it is sort of greenish…”
 
“I conclude that one of the exchange students did not want us to read this therefore, spilling there tea all over it.” Hermione said triumphantly.
 
“So? We should mind our own business!” Ron exclaimed.
 
“RON! What if something they are doing includes the school, or a particular student?” she asked.
 
“I have to side with Hermione on this, Ron. This is too big of a coincidence.” Harry said. “I have a hunch that if we follow them we might get some answers.”
 
“But we can't do it alone.” Hermione said. “We might need someone to back us up just in case if things get rough.”
 
Ron nodded, “Well, I guess I could get Fred and George to come.”
 
“Neville would want to come too. I mean, he's been part of almost all our `adventures.'” Harry said.
 
Hermione nodded, “It's settled then. Meet me in the Common Room at ten thirty. And remember to stay awake, Ron.”
 
“Why are you directing that at me?”
 
“I know you, Ron. You have the tendency to fall asleep a lot.”
 
“”Fine, ten thirty it is. And I'll talk to Fred and George about it.” Ron said.
 
“All right then. All we have to do now is wait.” Harry said smiling.
 
END CHAPTER
 
A/n: Another good chapter completed! Just so you know, Nemu is an android who is the vice captain of the twelfth division. Hitsugaya is the child genius and a captain and Matsumoto is his vice captain Soi Fong is the captain of the second division and Yachiru is a pink-headed little girl who is the vice captain of the eleventh division.