Fan Fiction / Crossover Fan Fiction ❯ Darkness Arises ❯ The Beginnning ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Hello! This is just some random idea that's been floating around in my mind for sometime now. Not sure if its any good . . . but oh well!


Disclaimer:

I do not own Lord of the Rings or Star Wars. They belong to J.R.R. Tolkein and George Lucas. Now on with the story!





Three Rings for the Elven-kings under the sky,
Seven for the Dwarf-lords in their halls of stone,
Nine for Mortal Men doomed to die,
One for the Dark Lord on his dark throne
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
One Ring to rule them all. One Ring to find them,
One Ring to bring them all and in the darkness bind them
In the Land of Mordor where the Shadows lie.
When hope should fail and despair shall rise
From the Stars and Heavens above they shall fall
Warriors of light to challenge the darkness.
Blades of light shall smite the wicked,
Powers unique shall shield the innocent,
Four shall arise to control the elements
Earth, Fire, Wind, and Water shall unleash their might
Forces of light and darkness shall clash.
When hope should fail and despair shall rise,
From the Stars and Heavens above they shall fall
Warriors of light to challenge the darkness.

Translated by Alatriel Moonriver


Orbiting the grassland planet of Dantooine were two sleek Dreadnaughts, surrounded by hundreds of Sith fighters and capital ships. The two Dreadnaughts were the flagships of the Sith Lord Marak Shadow and his apprentice Jared Decarn.

Across the galaxy, the Abolisher, Marak’s flagship, and the Destroyer, Jared’s flagship, have brought an impending sense of doom upon the hearts of the citizens of the Republic. For this fleet has left nothing but mass destruction and chaos in its wake. But upon the Abolisher a plan is formed that could bring ultimate victory to the Sith; for a great power has been discovered on a long, forgotten planet.

* * * *

Admiral Nova Raige stood amongst his comrades-in-arms before the Dark Lord of the Sith. Nova was one of the few Bothans that resided within the Sith ranks, but was the only one who was a Sith Master. Standing around 5’9, he was dressed in the black military uniform befitting of his title. His lightsaber hanging from his belt. The dark cloth accenting his cream colored fur and piercing violet eyes. Now like many of his species, he was born on the plant Bothawui. However, he only lived there a few years until he was discovered to be force sensitive. At the age of two, Nova was taken to the Jedi Temple on Coruscant to be trained.

It was there, at the age of eight, that he had met and befriended Marak Shadow. Marak had been about six years old and full of life. Yes, hard to imagine that both him and the Sith Lord had at one time been Jedi Knights. Serving the council and the Republic. Both renown and praised for their good deeds. But that was before Marak’s anger and jealousy took over.

It started when Marak became infatuated with the Jedi Knight, Arianna Starsinger. However, her heart already belonged to another Jedi. Valen Firestar. His anger that Ari loved another and his jealousy of Valen holding Ari’s heart, drove him over the edge. Soon, without the council ever finding out, Marak started to convert both Jedi and soldiers alike to the dark side. Promising them power and wealth. And before you knew it, the Republic had broken into an all out war.

Brother against brother. Friend against friend. Master against apprentice. It was a war between the light side of the Force and the dark side. After many years, the traitors, now referred to as the Sith, fled to the Unknown Regions to regain their strength. The Republic was unable to pursue them, for they were left too badly damaged. Many great Jedi, Valen and Ari included, were killed during the war, dealing a great blow to the Jedi Order.

Although after the war, many new Jedi were trained. Valen and Ari’s children among them. When the Sith did not return, everyone figured that they had truly defeated them. How wrong they were. Fourteen years later, Marak and his Sith returned even stronger than before. But thankfully, while the Sith Empire had grown stronger, so had the Republic.

‘Heh, once we were protectors of this galaxy.’ Nova mused. ‘Now here we are, conquering the very galaxy that we had sworn to protect. Oh how far the mighty have fallen.’

“Have you discovered the rest of the coordinates for the target yet?” A gravely voice asked.

Snapping out of his reverie, Nova looked towards the Dark Lord. Standing around 6’1, Marak was dressed in the traditional robes of a Sith Lord. He had unruly red hair, steel-blue eyes, tanned skin, and a livid scar running down his face. The scar had been given to him when he faced Valen Firestar on the planet Alderaan. It ran diagonally from his hairline, past the edge of his left eye, and down to the end of his chin.

“Yes my lord. With a bit of . . . forceful persuasion, we were able to acquire the last of the coordinates and information from the witches of Dathomir.” Lt. Kyra Darkheart reported.

Heh, Kyra. How Nova despised the human woman. She was only twenty-seven and beneath Nova in rank, but she always tried to defy his orders. Kyra had short dirty blonde hair, grey eyes, and stood around 5’7. And for years the two of them had been at each others throats.

“Good, very good. We can now commence with the rest of our plan. Ready the fleet to jump to hyperspace for the Unknown Regions.” Marak barked. Using the Force to empower his command.

“My lord, forgive me. But it may be unwise to take our entire current fleet. Given the information I have acquired.” Nova interjected. Despite his hesitancy, he knew that it was important to inform Marak of the current information he had received from one of their spys. However, it didn’t help when the Sith Lord threw him a deadly glare that could melt durasteel.

“Oh? Would you care to explain why you disagree with one of my commands Admiral?” Marak hissed impatiently. Steel-blue eyes flashing dangerously in the shadows of the chamber.

“My lord, one of our agents has informed me that the Jedi are aware of our current plans. It seems that we may have had an information leakage amongst our ranks.” Nova took a deep breath. “I believe that if we rally our current fleet here, it will rouse the suspicions of the Jedi. If this happens I believe that they will launch a massive attack in order to prevent us from gaining this new power.” He calmly replied. Surprising himself that he was able to do so without breaking eye contact with the Dark Lords furious eyes.

“Oh pleeease Raige.” Kyra scoffed. “Don’t tell me that your afraid of a bunch of robe wearing, sanctimonious fools! They’re nothing but a group of weaklings that-”

“Insolent whelp!” Nova barked. Barring his fangs at the blonde. “Be that as it may, the Jedi are more powerful than you give them credit for. They will do everything in their power to stop us from gaining this new source of power.” He replied. His violet eyes flashing dangerously at the human female.

“You would know better than any of us, wouldn’t ya Novey!” Kyra shot back mockingly. “How do we know that you weren’t the one that let the information leak?”

Nova gritted his teeth. “Girl, my patience with you is wearing thin. So you’d better keep your mouth shut, before I come over there and rip your throat out!” He growled. But suddenly a smirk formed on his lips. “Besides, you of all people should know how powerful the Jedi can be. Seeing as how you always fail to defeat Jaden Firestar.” Nova allowed his smirk to deepen. “Tell me, how many times has she defeated you? Ten, fifteen, twenty times?”

If there was one thing that annoyed Kyra the most, it was reminding her of her constant defeats by the Jedi Knight, Jaden Firestar. She despised the fact that a Jedi was more powerful than her. Which is why Nova would constantly remind her of this whenever she got on his nerves. Nova grinned when he saw the furious look on Kyra’s face.

She opened her mouth and started to yell. “Why you-”

“That’s enough! Both of you!” Marak shouted. “This bickering is pointless and is starting to try my patience.” His steel-blue eyes flashed dangerously.

The annoyance in the Sith Lords voice made both Nova and Kyra to remain silent instantly. For they could both feel the dark side’s power radiating around him, but this did not stop them from shooting death glares at one another.

“So tell me, Admiral, what would you propose we do?” Marak questioned. Although from the tone of his voice they all knew that he had a plan already formulated.

“My master, If I may? I have a plan that could prove useful for this situation.” Jared Decarn, who had remained silent throughout the whole conference, interjected.

Nova glanced over towards the young man. Not much was known about Marak’s apprentice, except that he was not one to be trifled with. Jared was dressed in robes that were almost identical to Marak’s, except that Jared’s was more form-fitting and stylish. He stood around 6’2, with ice blue eyes, and close-cropped blonde hair. And across his forehead were many Sith tattoos.

Jared walked forward a ways, his robes swishing behind him. “I suggest that we prepare a small unit of our Sith Knights and proceed to retrieve this power in the Dark Shadow. While our current fleet here joins the others in attacking more of the inner core worlds. That should keep the Republic busy, while enabling us to move ahead without drawing as much attention.” Jared said confidently.

“Very good my young apprentice. I did well in choosing you.” Marak rasped. “Assemble the team that will accompany you and I.” The Dark Lord turned to gaze out the view port of the Abolisher. “Soon the Jedi and the Republic shall come crashing down on their knees. And all shall bow before me. A ha ha ha ha.” (A/N. sorry if the laugh sounds cheesy) Marak cackled maliciously. If anyone had looked closely into his eyes, they would have seen a look that would make their very bones chill.

* * * *

Meanwhile, a young man around twenty-eight sat in the pilots seat of the NightHawk, examining some new information that had just been sent to him. He was what many would consider a very attractive man. Standing at 5’9, he was dressed in black pants, boots, belt, white shirt, and a black vest. He had short auburn hair with beautiful blue-grey eyes.

“Hey Firestar. You okay?”

“Huh?” Captain Aaron Firestar was knocked from his trance by his co-pilot, Li Cosmo.

Standing at 5’8, he wore almost the same outfit as Aaron, but had no vest and a green shirt instead. His fiery red hair and emerald green eyes, contrasting quite well. Now Li was the exact opposite of Aaron. In both looks and personality. Where Aaron could be sarcastic and witty, Li was just goofy. But his mouth has gotten him into more trouble than he can count and he is always on the run from someone. As many would say, “he’s been nothing but trouble from the moment he was born.” He has a major phobia of spiders and always has some get-rich-quick scheme, which always backfires. Before he will agree to anything, he asks himself one thing: “How will this benefit me?”

Shaking his head slightly, Aaron nodded at his friend. “Oh, yeah. I’m fine, but I want you to set a course for Coruscant.” Aaron glanced down at the set of coordinates and information that his informant had sent him moments before.

Li cocked his right eyebrow at this. “Oookaay. Mind tellin me why though? I mean I’d like a good reason, considering the fact that I’m wanted at least five times on Coruscant.” Li scratched the back of his head. “Aaaand pretty much every other planet throughout the system.”

“According to this information, it would appear that our Sith friends are about to make a move for something that could turn this war completely in their favor.” Aaron replied seriously. “Therefore, we must warn the Jedi about this immediately. Otherwise this could prove to be fatal to the Republic.”

Seeing Aaron this serious caused Li to halt any remark that came to mind. “All right, all right. But how do you know? How do you know that your informant is reliable? And what makes you think that the Jedi will listen to you?” Li ran his fingers through his hair. “I mean, you are a smuggler. And in case you haven’t noticed, people don’t tend to trust our kind. What makes you so special?”

Aaron looked up from the controls of the NightHawk and gave Li one of the most serious looks he’d ever seen. “Trust me they will.”

“Whatever.” As Li started to punch in the coordinates, he could have sworn that Aaron whispered that the Jedi will have no choice if they want to survive.

Then with everything said and done, the NightHawk shot off into the cold recess of hyperspace. Heading directly for the Jedi temple on Coruscant. A place that the captain of the NightHawk had left behind years ago.


Well there's the first chapter. Sorry for any grammar or spelling errors.
Please review and let me know if I should continue with this story. It was really hard for me to cross these two stories, but I promise it will get better. Or at least I'll try to make it better. And please don't flame me!

Converting /tmp/phpBX40tu to /dev/stdout