Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Can't make me cry. ❯ Chapter 7 ( Chapter 7 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

It's been a few weeks since that day, the day I became more then human. Around me things has settle into their own little niches, life is going on and everything seems right in the world. Or at least on the surface, and for the people that don't understand/realize what's going on here in Arlen and, quite possibly, the world.
01110101101010
Everything's eventual.
11010010101010
Sitting at my desk doing nothing except stare at my arm I heard the tap again and I turn to see no one yet again, but still I got up to investigate again. And to my surprise there was a small folded up piece of paper stuck on the window frame, I snatch it before anyone could see it. I notice Khannie and Alice were playing their instruments, Khannie has violin and Alice a clarinet. I notice Khannie has been spending a lot less time with Joseph and I and more with Alice, but I figure it would be better that way.
Sitting on the bed and unfolding the paper I saw something I would never expect in a hundred years, in my hands, in front of my face written by ether a computer or a typewriter was instructions.
This is how I can use my power?! I thought as I read through the entire thing in quick glances, it mentions how to change body parts and even full body transformations and how to control them and the "weapons" and attacks. I was a little skeptical, I doubt someone just give a sheet of paper on using strange powers out like pamphlets at the doctor's office. But there was still a small chance that this person was legit and so is the information here, I reread it all more thoroughly then before. It was about 15 minutes before dinner time when I finished reading though the letter, I found out things about what this "power" is that I never thought possible.
I stuffed the letter into a small metal box I bought at a garage sale to hold my secret stuff, there wasn't much in there to incriminate myself with anything no worse then a playboy. The door open after hiding my box away and saw mom smiling, it was time for dinner.
Tonight it was Spa-Peggy and meatballs, and a announcement about going to a special propane event in Dobbins. He says it's a small town near here, and it would be a "great experience for the boy". I got a vague sense of deja vu, I just can't place where I heard those same words before.
......................
Joseph stood in front of the mirror, his skin was strangely pale and a strong tingle was going through him. This has been happening to him since he hit puberty, at first he thought nothing of it until the night he saw a deep reddish crackle of electricity leap between his fingers. Since then he knew he was different from the other people, and maybe important too.
......................
We packed for the trip tomorrow, those words that my father said two days ago still linger around my head. It was almost as if they were forbidden words spoken to bring about disaster, plus mom's sudden "need" to go set up a substitute for the week at this summer school made me extremely weary of going on this trip. There was something fishy going on, but I didn't want to let on I know anything.
It could be nothing at all I thought as I laid in bed, finally falling a sleep after sort of convincing myself if it was nothing.
In the morning we had breakfast, I packed my luggage into the truck next to the propane tanks. On the road with just my dad the truck was deathly silent, like at any moment he would pull over and turn into Devilman. But we got to the hotel, my father went in and got the room key.
We went to the near by diner, food was okay. Then we headed back to the room and unloaded the truck to prevent thieves of the night taking them, the last one to be brought in was Lucy the clean tank. The tank was for the kid's show about propane safety, which makes sense.
My father said he needed to do some paperwork with the employees at Strickland Dobbins, as he left the room I realized there IS something wrong with this set up. When I was with the propaniacs I noted all of the places that Strickland had his propane places and Dobbins wasn't on the list, not even close.
It's time to start testing if that pamphlet is real I thought as I got up from my bed, I accidentally hit Lucy and knocked her over. I sighed and try to figure out how clukzy I could be, I mean it's on the center of dad's bed. I try to set her up straight when I notice this tank was full, which it shouldn't be.
That's when I figured out the plot, or at least that I figure how this organization was going to get me. I lifted up the bed sheet with my shoe tip and saw the propane tanks! Dad told me he stored them in the closet properly, he LIED to me, that would mean he was in on this! I placed the Lucy tank up right and acted like everything was alright, I try to pretend to not notice the panic rising in me while I took out my other pants. I got them yesterday when I was at the store, I guessed from the torn jeans on the first trip and the length of my arm in my soldier form I'm going to be a lot taller, okay a lot taller, and maybe bigger too. So I got myself a pair of new pants for my "other" self.
Once in the bathroom I removed all of my clothes, taking in deep breaths and focusing like the letter said I closed my eyes. Upon opening them I found my entire body had changed, soft blue fur everywhere, slender and muscular body and a white crest of fur around the upper chest area. But I have no time for admiring myself, I got my new clothes on, a tad short in the legs and snug in the forbidden zone but it's all workable.
Gotta find a escape.
.........................
They sat there, beneath them the streets were empty of human life and behind them their field commander was awaiting a signal from their field op.
Speaking of the devil the field commander's cell phone rang, answering he heard a voice.
"I'm at my point" the voice said, "time to drop the hammer."
The commander nodded, he pointed towards the snipper and gave a thumbs up.
An easy shot the snipper thought as he placed the propane tank right into the cross hair, he slowly squeezed the trigger. The shot fired out and the bullet hit the propane tank, which caused the tank to explode and this set of the other tanks under the bed. The entire front of the hotel exploded outward while everything was engulfed by the flames.