Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Can't make me cry. ❯ Chapter 16 ( Chapter 16 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

It has been nearly three hours since they left, they were scared and worried about what is currently going on. They wonder what was happening to their kids, and the worried about them.
The question on their panicked struck minds is: where are they?
...................
The Tea Party troops.
...................
From a eagle eye view he watched the young Native American boy run himself ridged as he try to figure out how to use his power fully. March Hare smiled, this was going to be an easy pray.
...................
I was in the forest area, again. I felt like I'm running in circle, because I was back at the mansion where I first spent the night with this power. But I didn't stop for a nap like last time, I doubt mister top hat is going to go away like Chain did.
I ran onto the porch under heavy fire, I jumped once out of instinct to avoid getting a bullet in my leg. All around me the bullets was chipping away at the wall and the support beams, I thought of something as I took several shots at Mr. clean here. For a oversized stuff dog-bunny thingy in a suit he's fast!
I lifted my foot and kicked the support hard, some dust and other things I don't want to think about fell but the porch still stood up. Man this place was well built, I tried again with more force. The dog face man stood there confused, he stopped firing so that's a plus.
"What are you trying to do, practice your kara-te?" He said in a joking manner. I gave the porch support one last kick and it finally gave, the whole thing was falling down as I turn and jumped right into the house. I rolled into a ball and landed at the foot of the stairs that lead to second floor, with the adrenalin my body was pumping I went scampering up the stairs just as a hail of bullets tore through the lower floor. I could hear that guy laughing his ass off, he wouldn't be laughing if this trick works.
If, my mind thought as I ran into a bedroom that should be above the former porch, don't fail me now, senor mantius.
This was dumb, I was using a stun I saw in a show and I was about to jump out of a window and start firing on some psycho with faster firearms than me. Better add a twist while in the air.
I open the window and looked down, I saw him peeking into the house saying "hello?" I took a deep breath and place a foot onto the sill, then launched myself into the air with a gusto then twisted myself to face the top hatted stuff toy-wantabe. I took the shot just as he looked over his shoulder.
At full blast.
..................
Joseph had separated from both his parents and Bobby for nearly a couple hours now, he wished he knew how they were doing right now and are they safe. He was kicking himself for leaving them there at the hotel at the mercy of psychos, he was kicking himself for that.
At the moment he was at a crosswalk with absolutely no one around, this maybe a little sleepy town but he at least expected a few lights on in the houses; maybe a drunk or two. He listen closely to the surrounding area, something was off about this situation. Without warning he leapt up into the air and somehow manage to actually hover a few feet about a roof for a few seconds, below him a ball of colorless energy silently travel through the air, mere seconds later a loud "bang" was heard as the street was torn apart.
Lucky me, he thought, this flying stuff is just as the energy ball. then he started to dip a little, he fell onto the roof he was hovering above and slid down a little but somehow he manage to stop himself.
"Lucky me," he said. That's when he heard something behind him.
Turning he saw that tall freak he was being chased by from the hotel, and he seems to have same arm cannon Bobby has. Without any words March Hare sped forward and latched his arms under Joseph's from behind, he hosted the boy up then interthread his fingers to entrap the boy.
"Lucky you," March Hare said. He enlarge his wings and took off, destroying the roof from the wind created from the lift off.
Joseph screamed bloody murder as he was carried to an unimagined hight, he was trembling as they finally stopped just above the clouds.
"You got a trip," March Hare said, "a trip all the way to hell!"
With those words he let go of Joseph, the boy screamed as he left the arms of his captor/murderer. As he free fall towards the earth Joseph felt his blood pumping as much blood as it can, the wind rushing by him at amazing speeds as his mind reeled around itself.
An image of a girl about his age that was slightly taller than he was with braces and glasses appeared in his head.
Stacy?
Another image of his parents at the neighborhood BBQ.
Mom? Dad?
A image of John Redcorn near a campfire replace the previous image.
My life, Joseph thought, it's flashing before my eyes!
The images came at a faster pace as the ground beneath his falling body was rushing to greet him.
I don't want to die!
He was going to crash into the roof of someone's home.
Not yet.
The impact caved in the entire roof as his body hit dead center, dust and pieces of tiles and wood clouded the area.
"NO!"
The dust launched upward in a gauzier as Joseph went flying straight at the March Hare.
"What the?!" The devimon said as the boy floated over him, he aimed the cannon at the boy. Joseph created a edge of red energy around his hand, making it like a knife.
With a swipe of his arm Joseph sliced off March Hare's cannon arm, there was a small amount of blood spatter and screaming on the devimon's part but he regained enough control to try and strangle the Native American boy. This was a mistake as Joseph took the knife hand and split the March Hare in two!
.....................
"NRRAAAAAAAGH!"
I couldn't believe that the damn trick actually work! Granted there's a bit more blood and screaming but at least he isn't shooting at me. All he was doing was trying to hold the his bloody stump that use to be his arm with a gatling gun for an hand, behind him the mansion was about to fully collapse from the full use of my cannon and I was slightly dazed from the force.
"You S.O.B.! You shot off my arm!" he shouted.
"You were trying to turn me into Swiss cheese, I guess this is far," I retorted with a cool tone. Whatever it was anger or fear that made him function again he started to fire again, this time he was trying to be more on the target as the bullets almost hit me. I was bouncing around like a jumping bean on crack returning fire, or the best I can with my cannon overheated from the full blast effect. At the moment we're were at a stand still, nether hitting or gaining over each other; until I decide run back into the forest for better cover, I was getting very tired and the cannon stopped firing.
"Show your damn self!" he was shouting as he fired blindly into the bushes, he missing by a mile. Then an unexpected happened; he ran out of ammo.
I stayed hidden in case this was a trick, the amount of cursing and spinning the barrels told me he was dry. I target him carefully, without warning I leapt out of my hiding spot and delivered a solid kick to his face. I felt his nose crunch under my foot; landing on my feet I gave him another kick to his face as he reeled away from me.
He fell to the ground, he stayed on the ground with this glazed over look in his eyes. Soon in a moment he stop breathing, I just stood there looking at him.
So sad, I thought as I turn to walk away, there's no other way around this.
......................
"Gryphon," a man said while standing in the doorway of the security room, "how is the tea party?"
"March Hare.... Mad hatter...." Gryphon said in a stunned tone, he was staring at the camera feed the soldiers were showing. He turn to face the man, "they've been defeated! That leaves Dormouse-"
"-And the Emperor of ice cream, focus Gryphon. There is still that Laos girl that left this town, she could be a bigger threat to our organization then a hormone-challenged vampire and a sexually confused flamedramon."
Gryphon was silent with his thoughts, then he smiled coldly. "I wonder," he said, "which one of us will have to go and track her down?"
"I guess you can Gryphon, I will inform the Emperor of this event."
.......................
The cell phone rang, he reach into his pocket and pull it out. Listen to the massage on the other end then frowned, he put the cell phone away and try to fight down a growl. The bio-implant within him activated and his hands morphed into metal, he wanted to tear something into shreds.
I'll settle for them, he thought as he headed for the two kids.