Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Can't make me cry. ❯ Chapter 20 ( Chapter 20 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

None of us told my uncle and aunt about the problem we're facing, I doubt they would believe us. I'm not totally sure I believe what's going on any more, even as this fox creature it's hard to believe.

................
Log out 2.0.
................

It's been two months now since we left Arlen, my family moved into a small apartment and dad got a new job right a way at a place called Millennium Inc. that specializes in data and research. I've gotten a few e-mails from Alice; she misses me and might come to visit someday, she says she hadn't seen Bobby, Joseph or anyone else around lately and wonders if there was a secret operation that requires their talents.

I would have laughed if I didn't think it could be true, I would send back how I was doing and how I was feeling. Of course I kind of lied to protect both her and me, I didn't hear anything about strange vans or odd people roaming around the old neighborhood.

After a while my parents got some of our stuff out of Arlen and I got my computer, I was comfortably sitting on my bed waiting for my e-mail account to open up. I was stun to find one from Bobby!

That's where I am right now, reading the entire story that had happen from the moment I left and the explanations of what I am, what is going on and the fact they might need to contact me later for help.

Sitting here, deep in thought and trying to sort out my feelings and emotions about this situation. A secret race of that existed for a thousand years created from the defeat from a being in a different universe, a institute that is using us as living weapons for world domination and the possibility of other organizations that might be doing the same thing; or worse.

Some questions kept running through my head over and over again; what is going on in Arlen? What is NDI planning? Is my family safe?

I finally found the strength to move and joined my parents for dinner, they asked me what is wrong and I just said nothing. I was worry that they're in danger, that even if I felt these organizations are going to hurt them.

How am I going to take this presser I thought, can I defend everyone?

.......................

He had given his fallen friend a funeral and came back to the NDI complex to find the entire building in utter chaos, the project chief was shouting at anyone and everyone and snapped at him to go up to her office a long with Dormouse and wait for here.

"Those brats must DIE!!" was heard as the elevator door closed, he was scared to face the enraged female tailmon that was snapping at a group of Gazimon scientist walking by. Somehow he found the will and courage to walk down the carpeted hall and enter the project chief's office; there he found that Dormouse/Chain was waiting for Ms. Bander too.

"Hello there ice cream emperor," Chain said as he turned his head to face the blacktailmon, "I heard we're here because the others didn't make the cut."

The Emperor sneered and wanted to punch the boy but he manage to control his anger, he was more focused on his fallen comrades and avenging them than some angst-ridden punk who thinks he's above it all because he has a few crushes. Nether spoke nor looked at each other, they just stood there facing the chair of the project chief.

The door open behind them and Ashley Bander walked in, she took her seat quickly and faced the remaining Tea Party members. The rage and bitterness played within her eyes as she tried to force her thoughts into something she could use, finally she spoke with a sharp edge.

"That boy, the flamedramon," she said while balling her fist on the desk, "buried me under several tons of concrete and ran out of here, he's destroyed several soldiers, killed two important members here and now he's out in the world."

"Ma'am?" Dormouse said.

"I want that dragon brought to me," Ashley said coldly without looking into any of the boys' eyes, "at any cost."

They nodded and left the office, outside the Emperor thought he was walking the opposite way of Dormouse. But the tailmon followed his dark counterpart to the elevators, he pressed the call button and wanted out of this situation. He try to pay no attention to Dormouse's chuckling, even when the boy wrapped a arm around his neck he didn't act out.

"You know what I think?" Dormouse said as he lean in close, a little too close for comfort, "I think she might has the hots for him or something."

"Mean like you?" the Emperor said, he want those doors to slid open and relive him of this torment.

"What?" Dormouse said in a mocking hurt tone, "Booby? That's a laugh, Whindle. I don't know how you could deduct something so idiotic."

"Your body language is telling me," he said, "the way you twitch, the looks, the 'tents'. Plus you erk out his name during your little sessions alone, and you linger around his house a lot too." The white furred cat boy was standing there gap mouth and stunned, he speechless.

"Well, maybe... I," Dormouse was blushing so bad his face was pure red, "at least the people I like can defeat themselves."

By now the elevator doors had open and waiting for the now angered black furred cat boy, Dormouse had crossed the line. "At least my biological parents are still among the living," with those words the Emperor of ice cream stepped onto the elevator leaving a daze Dormouse standing there. Within the same second the tailmon snapped into reality and held the doors open, the look on his face said he was on the edge of murder.

"You crossed the line, Whindle!"

"Oh, go angst it off, orphan boy," with that the Emperor shoved Dormouse out of the way and let the elevator doors close. He stand there staring at the closed doors, a parade of emotions played within him and anger was leading the way. Not saying a word he turn and headed for the stairs, that little upset isn't going to get to him.

............................

Gryphon tapped into the nearby ISP and got into the Supinosphon's e-mail, he was read over a few letters from the girl's friend and that boy that was at the base before he left. He paid no attention to them as he searched for something more interesting to him.

Unbeknown to him that with Millennium Inc. knowing of the happenings in Macmainerbery they've decided to search out anyone that has anything to do with NDI, and at the moment they've found him and are pigbacking on his transmitions.