Fan Fiction / Digimon Fan Fiction ❯ Can't make me cry. ❯ Chapter 23 ( Chapter 23 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

This is most certainly a bizarre situation. Here I am surrounded by angry, blood-thirsty female gang bangers armed with anything that causes things to bleed and I only have are these books and my special talent.

I wonder how did this happened?

..................
Bloody queen.
..................

I got up, got dressed than had a quick breakfast. The impact of the attack in Macmainerbery had settled into my parents' memory and now they were acting like it was nothing more then a nightmare, I haven't dare told them about Bobby's letter or Kim's gang encounter. I thought not to add to their worry, I would just tell them when the time is right; like on their death beds maybe in 70 years.

I gotten use to the surrounds and manage to figure out which area/places were off limits and/or dangerous. From there I learn where all the fun stuff is and where all the places where my parents would want me to be, right at moment I was preparing to go to the bookstore to pick some things for the "fun" study I have been forced into. The store itself was a few blocks away, and this is suppose to be a safe neighborhood so I was allowed to go alone. I didn't much attention to my surroundings, if I did I would had notice a few street gang members following me.

I went into the store, I got the books that my parents pre-ordered and a few that wasn't on the list (*cough*magazines*cough*), than I stayed in a the reading area for a moment. It was nice to actually get out of that stuffy apartment alone, I wanted to stretch out the time so I can enjoy this moment.

sadly the time came to leave, I gathered my things and left the store. Out the door I heard a lot of people laughing and pointing at something but I checked my watch and found I should had been back at the apartment ten minutes ago; moving at a brisk pace I made up a excuse in my head. Than someone grabbed my shoulder and shoved me into a nearby alleyway, I could see it a girl about a year older then I am with fiery red hair and jaded eyes.

"You related to that ho?" she sneered at me as I was pushed up against the wall, "Kimmy Pao?"

I was scared stiff and began to babble a bit, I let things slip out and than found a straight razor held to my throat. I shut my mouth and she pushed me from the wall to the center of a now forming circle.

Why do these things happen to me?

........................

Gryphon really started to hate the car, it was hard to be undercover when everyone is staring and often pointing and laughing. He wanted to ditch it as soon as he can, even if he has to pay the stinking price for the thing (NDI was lending it out on a "rental" to him.)

He drove around the corner and saw that he had lost that Laosion girl somewhere and kind of let out a small curse, maybe the girl knew she was being trailed or the people were too distracting and gave him the slip.

"How am I going to explain this to headquarters?"

........................

While Gryphon may had fumbled on trailing Khan Jr, at the moment of her kidnapping Ryo Akiyama was catching the ball. In a black van a block down wind of the incident he was praising the gods in heaven for this oppitunity of a life time; the gang members were kidnapping his target and the blame would fall squarely upon them; hell if anything were to go wrong they would be blamed. Well, with the right spin on things they could take the fall for anything.

But the task at hand was to capture the renamon, at almost any cost.

........................

I was lead onto the street with the girl that grabbed me off the street was next to me; the "queens" are taking me hostage, for what reason I didn't know but I bet it HAS something to do with Kim and her damn ego.

I bet some of you are wondering why am I haven't just change and take them on? I mean I took on a block full of mindless drones in swat gear with some kind of bio weapons attached to them with some success.

Well the answers are:

A). Back in Texas those guys were mindless, I doubt they even knew how to take cover properly. But here I was dealing with semi-competent gang members, they have experience from turf wars and deals gone wrong. Plus add in they could be carrying more then just shivs and knifes.

B). In Macmainerbery the entire town was under the control of whatever company Bobby told me, I guess every person there was like me or knew about my type. But here, in L.A.; if I were to change people would panic, I would hunted down and caught and sent to a lab or something along the lines of that happening.

I was ushered through the streets and alleyways to a abandoned building that looked like it could have been an apartment building at a time, but now it was covered with graffiti and cracks with the badly rusted fire escape on the verge of collapsing down from the slightest touch. The inside wasn't much better, one room even had the roof fully collapsed in.

I was shoved into a very small room by the girl that lead me here, after closing the door I heard something like chains rattling and someone talking.

Looking around the room I noted that how dark it was and there was only a old and very dirty matress and let my mind roll around trying to form a plan; back on the streets I was worried that people would see me in the fox spirit form and summon the bad kind of attention from the authorities and that these gang bangers would be prepared for a gun fight. But here, in this small room I could properly blow the wall to peices and escape.

I took a deep breath and prepare myself to change, within a moment I had changed into the fox spirit.

Behind me the door was being opened.

:::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::::;

Millennium Inc. suscure a new test subject in their latest experiment with the digitalized metal.

Caught.