Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Beam me up Goku? ❯ The nightmare begins ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Chapter 4: The nightmare begins

“EWW!”

Disgusted, Susan turned away from the strange almost insect like shell Lara had found and for the first time, didn’t blame her sister for freaking out and acting like an idiot because she didn’t exactly feel very calm herself.

“It looks a bit like that ‘Targ Surprise’ Neelix tried to make us eat at B’Elanna’s birthday,” she frowned. “Maybe it… HEY!”

Lara had snatched the tricorder out of her sisters pocket and began scanning the strange object.

“Amazing…” she mumbled.

“What?”

“You are not going to believe this sis, but its human!”

“HUMAN!?” the blue-haired Uranian exclaimed, “I’ve never seen any humans on Voyager that look like a huge slimy BUG before! Well… maybe captain Janeway in the morning before she gets her first three gallons of coffee, but still…”

“There’s more… according to my DNA-scans, it seems to have the DNA of a lot of other species as well…”

“Some sort of hybrid?”

“Yeah… but I don’t recognize these other species…weird.”

Lara looked up at her sister, worried.

“Where on Urania are we?”

“Well…” Susan said grim, “I think its time fore us to go on a little ‘away mission’ and find out…”

~*~*~*~

“D…E…L…T…A…F…L… ;Y…E…R…”

“It looks like some kind of ship…”

“I have a really bad feeling about this”

Bulma, Gohan and Trunks were looking at the remains of the Delta Flyer Gohan had spotted when they were searching for the mysterious time machine, Bulma had been talking about. They wondered why it was here, and what had happened to the pilot.

“This metal… its unlike anything I’ve have ever seen before!”

Bulma was fascinated by the strange ship, and decided to take a closer look.

“Maybe I can get this door open if I just pressed this small…”

“Ehh…Bulma…” Trunks protested, “I’m just as curious as you about this thing, but we really have to find that other time machine before someone else does”

“But Trunks…” Gohan interrupted “ You heard Bulma, this ship is unlike anything ever made, isn’t it dangerous to just leave it here in the open like this?”

“If we don't…”

“Guys, I have a great idea!” Bulma said. “You two can go look for the time machine, while I stay here and try to find out what this thing is and to make sure it isn’t dangerous”

“Bulma, are you sure that…”

“Now Trunks,” she chided playfully, “ you know a mother always knows what’s best”

Trunks blushed and waved his mother goodbye.

“Bye mom!”

“Bye Bulma!”

“Good luck you guys!” Bulma yelled after them as she opened the door and went inside the Flyer. “Now, lets take a look at this console here…”

~*~*~*~

“What the…”

“Whoa…”

Susan and Lara looked at the streets of a city called “Ginger Town”, that looked like it had just been hit by a meteor shower. There were deep cracks in the road, a lot of buildings were almost completely destroyed and even though the place was deserted, the two Uranians could still sense fear, anger and most of al despair everywhere. It was making them sick to their stomachs. But the strangest thing about the entire scene was…

“What are all those clothes doing here? And why do they all have holes in them?”

“Hey look at this..” Susan picked something up from the ground and carefully examined it. “I think this is some kind of primitive weapon…but it doesn’t seem to have any ammo though”

“Which means that it has probably already been used against someone”

“Or something…”

They continued to walk further into the city, even though every molecule in their bodies was telling them to run. This was bad… very bad…

“What do you think happened he….HMMPFF!?” Lara grabbed the newspaper that was blown into her face by the wind.

“No…way….” she gasped.

They both read the paper in complete horror, their eyes big as dinner plates. They were in the Alfa quadrant, on Earth, almost 400 years into the past! But that was not all. The paper was describing people, places and events neither of them had ever heard anyone on Voyager talk about. Even the technology appeared to be different. For example, a small ad on the back of the paper described a company that made capsules that could contain anything from a car to an entire house. Those things never even existed in their own time, let alone 400 years ago! It looked like the rift they went trough with the Flyer, didn’t just transport them to a different time, but also to a different dimension…

“Well,” Lara said in a happy voice, with a forced smile on her face, “at least things can't get any worse, can they?”

“I really wish you hadn’t said that sis..”

“Why not?”

Susan didn't respond, she just looked up. There, on the roof of what was once the biggest, most successful hotel in the entire city, stood the most horrifying creature they had ever seen. And it appeared to be very interested in them…