Fan Fiction / Dragon Ball/Z/GT Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Adventures from Hell ❯ Decisions, Decisions ( Chapter 2 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

A/N: So far, I'm having some fun with this story. Sorry that I haven't updated in a while but I have a good reason. I had to get surgery on my ass and I couldn't properly sit down for two weeks. But now that my ass is all better and I can finally finish this chapter. And for the person that asked, it took me about fifteen to twenty hours to read Harry Potter Book 5. I really wasn't paying attention to the time. Nothing much happens in this chapter. It's just a filler for the next one. With that said, sit back, relax, and enjoy the show.

"Normal Conversation"

< Telepathic Conversation >

~ Thinking ~

:: Bond ::

Chapter 2 - Decisions, Decisions

Harry decides to take a roundabout route back to Private Drive so that he can have some time to think.

~ Let's see now. Mike wants me to stay at Private Drive for the entire summer. That's bad. But he's given Ron, Hermione, and I a cell phone so that we can talk to each other everyday. That's good. I can also do magic over the summer. That's even better. Though, I have to teach it to myself and they're supposed to be hard to do. That's bad. Why do these things always happen to me? I just want to be normal. ~

Harry is so deep in his thoughts that he didn't watch where he is going and bumped into someone.

"Oh, sorry sir. I wasn't watching where I was going."

"That's quite all right Harry. In fact I was hoping to bump into you. Just not in this way."

Harry quickly looks up to that man that he bumped into. "Professor Lupin!"

Lupin lets out a little chuckle. "Harry, I haven't been your Professor for mar then two years. Please, call me Mooney."

"Um, sure thing Profes - I mean Mooney. So was that guy I talked to in the park the really the same guy that you were thinking of?"

"It sure as hell looked like him. He doesn't look a day older from when I last saw him."

"Yeah. I asked him about that." With that, Harry retold everything that he and Mike talked about.

"I've never heard of anyone with true eternal youth before. There is no telling how old he is. I wonder how he's managed to avoid the Ministry for so long."

"Shit."

Lupin visibly jumped due to Harry's sudden outburst. "What's wrong Harry?"

"I forgot to ask him how he knew that Wormtail would betray my parents."

A look of shock comes across Lupin's face. ~ I can't believe that I forgot all about that. Again! ~ "That's all right Harry. I'm sure that we'll have another chance to ask him." Lupin then starts to laugh at something he remembered from what Harry told him just minutes before.

"What's so funny Mooney?" asks Harry.

"I'm just imagining the school's reaction to when you announce the D.A. to them. You are going to continue it, right?"

"So you think that I should continue it too huh?"

"You don't want to do it?"

"It's not that I don't want to, it's just that opening it to the whole school is a little much. When Hermione first thought of the whole thing, I just thought that I would be teaching her and Ron. Maybe one or two others but then in came twenty-five people, not including Ron or Hermione. If it's open to the school then that twenty-seven people will turn into a hundred plus. Then there is the whole who's trust worthy thing to worry about. That and how the new DADA teacher will handle some kid doing his or her job."

"I'm sure that whoever the new DADA teacher is, Dumbledore will make sure that he or she will be fine with it. I'm also sure that your friends will be more then happy to help you with the D.A. if there are a lot of people in it. I'm also sure that Dumbledore will find a way to figure out who is trustworthy. Don't worry yourself about all of the little things. You have more then enough things to worry about." Lupin decides to change the topic. "So what do you plan on doing once you graduate in two years?"

"Well, I told Professor McGonagall that I want to be an auror. When Umbridge said that the Ministry would never hire me, McGonagall went ballistic and vowed that I would become an auror even if she has to train me herself."

Lupin starts laughing hysterically. It takes him a few moments to calm down. "I wish that I could have seen that." Suddenly, Lupin becomes serious. "Harry. You need to take several NEWT level classes and receive top marks in them in order to become an auror. You need to take DADA, Transfiguration, Charms, and . . ."

"Potions, I know. To get into the N.E.W.T. level classes I would need at least an E on the O.W.L. exams. Snape also said that he wont take in anyone who doesn't get an O on the O.W.L. exam for Potions."

"I've heard. Speaking of the O.W.L. exams, Dumbledore gave me your results to give you. So here, I haven't looked at them since you deserve to see the results first." Lupin hands Harry an envelope with his name on it and on the back it had a seal that has a large `M' in the middle with the words `Ministry of Magic' going around it. Harry opens the envelope and pulls out a single piece of parchment. He quickly reads it and is stunned into silence.

Lupin looks at Harry expectantly but soon looses patience. "Well? How did you do?"

Harry says nothing and just hands him the letter. Lupin quickly reads it and is also stunned into silence. Here is what the letter says:

Mr. Potter

The following is your results from your O.W.L.s exam:

Required exams:

Charms - O

Defense Against the Dark Arts - O

Transfiguration - O

Herbology - E

History of Magic - A

Potions - O

Extra exams:

Care of Magical Creatures - O

Astronomy - E

Divination - E

You have received the second highest score of your year and one of the top scores of all time. You should be proud of your outstanding scores.

Ministry of Magic

Lupin slowly looks over to Harry with a grin on his face. "These results are outstanding Harry. I'm sure that your parents . . . and Sirius, would have been proud of them"

Harry stiffens a little at the mention of his parents and Sirius but it quickly passes. "I'm sure they would have been also. I just didn't think that I did this well on all of those exams. Plus, I never even dreamed that I'd get an O in Potions . . . or and E in Divination. How the hell did that happen? I could've sworn that I did bad on them."

Lupin just chuckles a bit. "It just goes to show you that you have the smarts and the potential to be one of the best. You're just not working hard enough."

"Yeah, I guess so. But how the hell did I get an O in Potions!?"

Before Lupin could say something though, a ringing sound can be heard. "What's that noise?" asks Lupin as he quickly pulls out his wand.

"I think it's the cell phone that Mike gave me." Harry pulls out the cell phone and sure enough, it's ringing. He quickly exams it for the first time. "I think that this is one of those new cell phones that act just like walkie-talkies." Harry pushes a button on the side of the phone. "Hello?"

"Harry?" comes a feminine voice.

"Hermione?" asks a bewildered Harry.

"Oh my god Harry. Isn't this great! We can now talk to each other everyday until you can get out of your aunt and uncle's house and we see each other again."

"Yeah man. I'm trying really hard to get you over here." Says a new voice.

"Ron, is that you?" asks Harry.

"Sure is. I just figured out how this thing works. I would have called sooner but my dad keeps trying to get it so he can take it apart and try to figure out how it works."

"How did you figure out how to work it so fast, Ron?" asks Harry.

"I'm hurt. You don't think that I can't figure out how to use a simple Muggle devise."

"Ron . . ." warns Hermione in a disbelieving tone.

"Bill helped me." Says Ron in a quiet voice. Harry and Hermione starts to laugh at this. After a minute though, Harry speaks up.

"Listen Ron . . . I don't think that I will be able to make it to your house this year."

"What?" asks a very bewildered Ron.

"Is there anything wrong Harry? Has your Aunt and Uncle done something?" asks a very concerned Hermione.

"Yeah man. You usually jump at the chance to get out of there." Says Ron.

"I know. Its just that . . ." Harry looks over to Lupin and after receiving a nod from him, he retells everything that has happened since he has gotten home from Kings Cross Station.

"Whoa. That's a bit much man." Says Ron as Harry finishes his story.

"Harry. Are you okay about all of this? You've been through so much." Says a concerned Hermione."

"Don't worry so much Hermione. I'll be just fine. So are you guys going to continue to be part of the D.A.?" asks Harry in order to change the subject.

"You're really going to continue it Harry?" asks an excited Hermione.

"Yeah. I figured it would be for the best. I'll also need to be kept busy and this is the best way."

"Harry. What about Quidditch?" asks Ron.

Harry remains silent before answering. "I don't think that I should play this year."

"WHAT?" Ron and Hermione shout. Even Lupin looks a little surprise. The surprise look turns into a knowing smile.

"How can you give up Quidditch?" says a shocked Ron.

"Yeah, you love that game." Says Hermione only not as shocked as Ron.

"If I took up Quidditch again then I wont have time for anything else and I will be constantly distracted. Besides, I got a life ban from the game, remember."

"With Umbridge gone I'm sure that Dumbledore" Hermione quickly interrupts Ron.

"That's enough Ron. I'm sure that if Harry feels that he shouldn't play then we shouldn't push him."

"Yeah but that would mean that I'm the only one left. Fred and George are gone. And the other three graduated last year."

"Don't worry Ron. I'll help you find replacements. I'm sure that Ginny would be a great Chaser like she wanted to be. I'm also sure that there are others in our house that would love to be on the team. Plus, your great at coming up with strategies so you'll make a great Captain." Says Harry. If anyone of them could see Ron now then they would see that his face has become even redder than his hair.

"That means a lot to me man. Thanks for the vote of confidence." Say Ron sheepishly.

"So Harry, what are you going to do all summer?" asks Hermione.

"I'm going to try to learn everything from the book that Mike gave me. Hey, after I learn some of it and we are back at school, I could try to teach you guys some of it."

"That'll be great Harry. Hey, you could also teach it to the members of the D.A. after a few months."

"That's a great idea Hermione. I hope that Mike doesn't mind much. I got to go right now though. I'll call you guys tomorrow."

"Sure thing Harry."

"Yeah, no problem."

With that, the three friends hung up their phones. Harry then looks over to Lupin. "So, is their anything else that you wanted to talk about?"

"Actually there is one thing. There is a magical item called chat mirrors. They act just like those Muggle cell phones. Why would Mike give you a Muggle cell phone, instead of a magical one?"

Harry ponders this for a moment. "Could conversations on chat mirrors be intercepted by other wizards?"

"Well they could if someone was powerful enough that is."

"Then wouldn't that mean that Voldemort could listen in if he want to?"

"Well yes, he could, but that still doesn't explain why-"

"Yes it does." Interrupts Harry. "It's ingenious. Voldemort would never think that we would use Muggle devises to communicate. He would try every way to listen on conversations through the magical way of communicating."

A look of surprise reappears on Lupin's face. "You know, you could be right Harry. I better discuss this with the other members of the Order. It'll make communicating so much easier. I'll have to go now. Have a safe and fun summer Harry."

"Yeah, sure thing Mooney. Oh could you tell Dumbledore everything that happened. I don't want to go through it again."

"Sure thing Harry." With that Lupin apparated out of there with a small pop.

Harry turns around and walks back to Private Drive with one single thought on his mind. ~ Maybe this wont be such a bad summer. ~

A/N: There you have it. Like I said it wasn't much. In the next chapter it will be time to go back to Hogwarts. How much will Harry have learned and how much will he have changed. Find out in the next installment of Harry Potter and the Adventures from Hell.