Fan Fiction / Gundam Wing Fan Fiction ❯ Magic over Machine ❯ Zero ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Title: Magic over Machine - RELOAD!

Chapter: 1/11

Chapter title: Zero

Disclaimer: This is a HP x GW x-over done for no money that I really need most. So…Keep those papers to yourself!!! Only Cedric, Zak and all other charac you do not recognize from the above series/ anime is mine!!!

"Hmm….what did Flitwick say again about that charm?" Hermione stared at the blurred words of the textbook. Not that she needed to read the book over again, she'd practically memorized it from back to front! 'Okay, now what was that…?'

[beep, beep You've got mail 'Mione !]

'I must learn how to get that irritating voice out of my comp!' She reminded herself for the umpteenth time. Though, she was glad to be able to get away from the assignment! 'I'll thank Ced later.' Opening her mail she was greeted with a short vid of a base. She frowned. 10 seconds later the video was filled with static and the message scrolled on.

"It appears that Operation Hei Xing has begun. I've already called 03. See if you can find Chang and Barton. 01 out."

"Operation Hei Xing. Black star. We'll have to wait how it develops to be…" Hermione murmured. "Eh? It's 1 am already? Time to get to work."

The full moon revealed a black silhouette silently drifting down the corridor. The person looked around as if taking her bearings. She stopped at a door listening for the breathing of the room's occupants. Two different rhythms, one quicker than the other, surfaced in the stillness of the night. She turned about face toward her intended destination.

The place was unremarkable, the door being about the same bland beige as the others. Sliding out the keypad a red light appeared at the side. Cautiously she typed in the memorized code. The red light flickered to a brilliant green. She allowed a sigh of relief to escape before she entered the room. Mounting the station, she put on the helmet and waited for the simulation to begin.

The damp darkness of the helmet reminded her of the many times she had tried to go into a simulation battle with her gundam and the System. Her gundam, her long time friend, her weapon as her father had said… No! She cannot be distracted now! She had to win this! The darkness is now dimly lit with a single blinking cursor. The words scrolled on.

[[Simulation begin.]]

[[ Mission : DESTROY SE BASE. ELIMINATE ANY INTERFERANCE]]

[[ Time limit: 10 min]]

[[ Zero System: ONLINE]]

"Mission accepted." She murmured as a habit. The words blinked out and the darkness returned. A green grid map appeared on the screen and the clock counted down. 'Mission start.'

A quick look at the compass told her that she was too far north. She headed for the base. It took her about three minutes to reach with the 5 km radius of the base. As expected, the Gundam was surrounded by enemy fire having anticipated her arrival. She took an erratic path avoiding the bullets, trusting her reinforced gundanium armor to hold off any fire that just so happened to hit her.

'Che they had to interrupt.' She growled mentally. Without bothering to aim, she fired her Gatling guns in their vague directions. The many explosions preceding the fire told her she had been on target. She smirked at the small victory.

She entered the billowing smoke of her attack effectively making hr invisible to the enemy. Quickly approaching the nearest Mobile Suit, she cut it with her beam sword. This alerted the others to her position. She allowed them to come.

Gone unnoticed by her, the greenish background of the cockpit had given way to a dull orange. She had time to wonder the light mist that had set upon her, blurring her view when she heard a voice.

"Hermione!" She turned toward the direction of it. "Hermione, come back!" the voice cried out. Ron stood in front of her holding out his wand. She felt her body move, bringing up the beam cannon toward him. She felt her finger pull the trigger and she did nothing to stop it. Her body did not respond to her frantic mental protests. The beam of power shot out of the barrel hitting Ron right in the center, splashing warm sticky fluid all over.

Then she saw her father, coming from behind Ron, then Fred, George, and… Malfoy? She heard their taunting. 'How could you!' 'You don't belong here!' 'You're not worthy as a witch!' 'Go away!' 'You're such a know-it all!' 'I hate you, Hermione!'

That last comment was given by a bloodstained Ron. The menace in his voice was barely masked. "No! I don't believe you all!" She clamped her hands on her ears in attempt to block out the voices, the pain. "Dame! You know I'm not like that, right! Fred, Ron, Father?" She begged wanting to escape the taunting. The voices in her head was too loud, she almost missed the other that tried to call her too.

'…Hermione…mione…herMIONE!!! Are you listening to me girl? This is not real. They're not real. Well, may be from Malfoy but that is beyond the point. You still have a mission to do!'

"But they… I just k- k- killed Ron! He won't…" She stuttered out

"Think girl! Where is the clever Gryffindor you've always prided yourself in? Who gave the last comment?' Realization dawned upon her. 'Right, now you've got to believe in yourself. Go on. Remember the mission, You cannot fail, as failure is death! You have five minutes left.'

The misty veil over her eyes cleared as she shot the approaching MS. Unlike what her mind conveyed, she was not shooting the smirking Malfoy but an unfortunate Taurus. Suddenly she was regretful it wasn't the irritating Slytherin she just shot. Oh well, another target for another day.

She began decimating the oncoming MSs with ruthless efficiency. Soon enough the crowd had thinned. Planting a grenade in the middle of the group of surrounding suits, she fired her rockets. The Grenade exploded three seconds after she left them. The group disappeared in a flash of heat and light.

She went on to do the intended mission: destroy the base. Powering up her beam cannon to full power, she shot the base. The beam of energy planted itself in the heart of the base, breaking in waves of energy that made the area a burning inferno. The explosion that occurred next almost threw her off her seat. "Ninmu kanryu." She muttered.

[[MISSION COMPLETE]]

[[SIMULATION END]]

The green light of the simulator dimmed out to give back the darkness from before. She taking off the helmet, she shook free her damp hair. She gave herself the luxury of relaxing in the sim. Her body shook slightly at the adrenaline let down. Inhaling deeply before exhaling quickly. In the darkness she saw a silver of light penetrating the heavy darkness. The moon behind the two figures hid their features.

"…mione! Hermione! Oh god! Answer me!" A female voice called out for her. "Heero! If She's going to try to kill herself again you'll be spending the rest of your life on the couch!" Her mother was there. Her mother: Relena Peacecraft Yuy/Granger. Ex-Foreign Prime Minister of the unified Earth and a dentist was worrying her hair off for her daughter.

"You finally did it, Hanako. You did it." A deeper voice came from the other. Her father: Heero Yuy/Granger. Ex-gundam pilot, the silent and emotionless soldier, barely hid his pride for his daughter: Hermione Hanako Yuy/Granger.

TBC

A/N: It's Magic over machine Reload! Renewed! Revamped. Hopefully more entertaining than the last one! There are more magical happenings in this edition than the last one! Feel free to comment, flame, owl, mallet me, chase after me with a sharp javelin!