Fan Fiction / InuYasha Fan Fiction ❯ Escapade ❯ Abracadabra ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Harry Potter or Inuyasha. I don't own Abracadabra either, but neither does anyone else. And that's an encouraging thought.

Chapter Three: Abracadabra

Last time:

"It's a magic wand," `made of yew. Unicorn hair core. Eleven inches.' Read the list. "This is so cool!"

~*~*~*~

Transfixed, Kagome reached out for the wand, childlike excitement in her eyes. She slid her finger over the polished wood with a feather-light touch. After a moment she picked it up. The firelight glistened on the lacquered surface, as if there was a fire inside, just waiting to be let out. She stared at it, as if in trance.

"Kagome?" Inuyasha said uncertainly. She had said nothing for quite a while.

Kagome blinked, then looked at him and grinned. "Sorry Inuyasha. It's just, it's a REAL magic wand!" She was holding in a happy squeal for the sake of her slumbering friends, and doing another dance, hopping around in her sleeping bag. She looked back at Inuyasha, and the weirded out expression on his face made her grin widen into a full-fledged smile. She giggled and waved the wand in the direction of the tree, away from their camp.

"Abracadabra!" she said quietly not wanting to wake anyone.

She had not, of course, expected for anything to happen.

So the when the whole clearing erupted into bright white light with a crash as loud as thunder, she was just as shocked as everyone else.

"KYAAAAAAAA!" Was what Inuyasha heard before Kagome dropped the wand with a start, and latched onto his arm, burying her face in the red fabric of his clothing, as she continued to scream.

"Ahhhhhh! KAAAGOMEEEE WHAT'S GOING ON?" That was Shippou…

Sango was admirably level headed, only gasping sharply when she opened her eyes to the blinding light.

"Iie Sango! Your all wet!" Miroku woke up as the sound and light began to fade. Then he gulped at the sight of Sango's angry glare. She looked sleepy, but that only meant rational thought could not protect him.

"HOUSHI-SAMA!" Sango shrieked. "I do NOT want to know what that was about, but if you value your life you will keep your subconscious under control!"

"Ah Sango I was merely-"

"Look at that you guys!" Shippou was perched on Kirara's back. He was starting wide-eyed at the light part of the forest…

Wait…

The…Light part?

Kagome lifted her face from Inuyasha's sleeve, and let out a short gasp.

"Beautiful…"

And it was.

A blue mist hung over the woods in front of them and the mist was lit by small pinpricks of light, slightly bigger, and brighter than fireflies. The source of the light was indiscernible, the fog hung like a shimmering veil between them, glowing, and refracting the mysterious light.

Sango forgot her strife with Miroku, if only for a moment.

Inuyasha tensed. Kagome, who had yet to relinquish her grasp on his arm, sensed the change.

"Ano…Inuyasha…is something wrong?"

For a moment he said nothing, but then he answered, "I smell Youkai. What exactly did you do, Kagome?"

"Huh? Kagome, you did that?" Said Shippou.

Kagome looked pensively at the magic wand on the ground.

"Kagome-sama?" said Miroku.

"I…I didn't mean to do anything. I'm sorry for waking all of you up."

"Kagome-chan. What happened? The magic you used is so strong that I can sense it."

"Yes the amount of power here is incredible."

Now it was Inuyasha who looked pensive. Kagome just stared at the wand dubiously.

"All I did was waive the wand around, and say Abracadabra."

At that moment two things happened. The wand on the ground flared blue at the tip for a moment, and then went out.* Then the lights in the fog rushed toward one another, and collided, forming a solid mass of white light, until that too flickered out, turning to mist and shadow, slowly shaping into a humanoid silhouette.

The dark figure sauntered towards them as the mist began to dissipate. A short boy with flaming red hair, red eyes, and the pointed ears of a youkai stepped into the clearing. His face was that of a young child, looking no older than ten, but his expression hinted he was older. His boyish features were twisted into a scowl, and he reminded Kagome of Jii-chan when he was in a strop.

"Who the hell are you?"

`Wow, way to make friends, Inuyasha,' Kagome thought, and repressed the urge to roll her eyes.

"You summoned me but you don't know who I am?" Questioned the small Youkai. If anything, he looked even more irritated then before.

"Summoned you?" Kagome echoed.

"Yes girl, you said the spell to drag me here, then said it again to pull me together. Don't tell me you didn't mean to do it! Then I got dragged out here for nothing…"

"Who…ARE you?" Asked Kagome.

"Gods how thick can you get? Did I not just TELL you who I was? Oh this is just GRAND! I bet you don't even have anything for me to do! Am I right?"

"Just answer Kagome's question!" Inuyasha growled, now thoroughly irritated.

"All right, fine," said the youkai placidly, though he looked more than a bit perturbed. "My name is Abracadabra.** You summoned me here, and until I do a good deed that only a demon of my noble stature could do I'm stuck with you guys," he rattled this information off, as if he was forced to say the same thing every day.

Inuyasha snorted. "You say that as if you were some great Taiyoukai or something, when in reality you're just a twerp." At that he batted Shippou, who had climbed onto his shoulder at some point during the interview, just for emphasis, and then he sat down cross-legged with his head turned away, though his ears were still trained on this Abracadabra fellow.

`No use underestimating a weak youkai. It was a centipede and a crow youkai who started this mess with the Shikon, and they were about as low as you go…'

"I'm an ELEMENTAL demon, stupid. I do fire, illusions, conjuring, the whole package! After all, I WAS enough of a nuisance for the Lady of Avalon herself to curse me four hundred years ago! And THAT was before those blockheads with their `new religion' started blotting out all the magic. I was so terrible that a near-god had to stop me!"

"Hey wait! You're from England? How'd you get HERE?" Queried Kagome.

"What's Inglad Kagome?"

"Did you learn about it in your time, Kagome-chan?"

"A-hem," Abracadabra said, shutting everyone up. "The answer to your question, Miss Kagome, is yes, I am from England. I am here because you summoned me, and now I have to do a good deed for you in order for me to return. I don't know HOW you learned my name. It was my impression the Britton had few dealings with the Indies, but whatever! Just give me a good dead to do, and I'll be on my way."

"So…ano…are there any requirements for this good deed you need to do?" Asked Kagome.

"Well they're not set in stone, but it has to be grand enough…the spell kind of decides for its self… If I do a good deed and disappear, then you know it worked."

"A-alright. Does anyone have any ideas?" Kagome looked around at her friends, who stared blankly back.

Silence.

"Apparently not," Abracadabra muttered.

"I know!" Said Shippou. "He could cut up a big log into fire wood, so that the next group of people who come here won't make the youngest and cutest go hunt for sticks!"

Inuyasha rolled his eyes, and Miroku coughed into his hand. Sango merely sent him a wry glance.

"It's worth a try," said Kagome.

"I agree," said the redheaded fire demon.

Abracadabra located a log at the edge of the clearing. It was just a bit rotten in some parts, but not to bad. He rubbed his chin, then walked up to it and snapped.

The log broke into dozens of tinier pieces.

He snapped again, and the pieces stacked them selves.

Then he waited…

And waited…

But he didn't disappear.

"Damn!"

~*~*~*~

<A man sat on the floor in a dark room.

The room was empty, save for him, and the wand he twirled between long, pale fingers.

He was troubled.

Lord Voldemort was troubled.

It was gone. Vanished. If it was there, he could no longer sense it.

`I will send Nagini***'

A rat scurried by him.

"Wormtail," the voice was cold and cruel. HIS voice.

The rat stopped, then turned into a man, still cowering on all fours.

"Yes, my Lord?" he said, suppressing the shake in his voice.

He chuckled cruelly.

"Go find some of your rat friends, and bring them in here. I have a job for Nagini, and she will be hungry."

"Ye-yes! My Lord!" He squeaked.>

"Ah…" Harry woke up, his scar burning sharply. He clamped his hands over his forehead, and waited for the pain to die down.

For a moment he was confused. He was in a room with five other people; sleeping bags were spread all over the floor. It wasn't Hogwarts.

Oh right.

He was in the guest room of the Higurashi Shrine, waiting for that girl Kagome to come back from her camping trip. Mrs. Higurashi had been kind enough to offer them a place to stay, since they had expected this to be a simple retrieval. The girls were in Kagome's room, and the boys here in the guest room.

`Why did I dream that?' Harry wondered. He had been taking classes with Professor Dumbledore, so that he wouldn't get anymore of those visions. Goodness knows what they had already cost him…

Dumbledore was a better teacher than Snape. He didn't get visions anymore, only flashes of strong emotion. The emotions in that dream didn't seem particularly strong. There was confusion. Worry. Doubt.

Harry put on his glasses, and stepped out of his sleeping bag. He proceeded to sneak down the stairs. Harry had gotten very good at sneaking. He had to do it quite often.

He found the kitchen already occupied.

Tonks was amusing Hermione and Buyo, changing faces.

She looked up sharply when Harry walked in, her face quickly shifting back to normal.

"Oh Harry! It's just you! I thought you were one of the muggles for a moment there."

"Erm…"

"We were just having some tea, Harry," continued Tonks. "Shall I get you a cup?"

"NO!" Said Harry, a bit too quickly. Tonks was a VERY clumsy person. "Er. I mean, I'll get it myself."

"What are you doing up, Harry?" Queried Hermione.

"I, er, had another vision," he told her. It wasn't HIS fault. He'd been practicing, and Hermione had no reason to get mad. "It was odd, though. No strong emotion, He almost seemed…weaker."

"What do you mean Harry?" Asked Hermione, sounding worried. Her brow was knit, and one finger rapped the tabletop.

"Well He seemed much more wrapped up in His thoughts than usual. He's got a scheming mind. He's usually concentrating on several things at once. But just now He was completely focused on something He's lost, and I think He told Wormtail he was sending someone to find it…" Harry proceeded to tell Hermione and Tonks all he could remember of the dream, pausing to take sips of tea.

"You should speak with Dumbledore in the morning, Harry." Said Tonks, seriously.

"I know."

~*~*~*~

NOTES:

*In book five, Harry does a spell without touching his wand, so I'm assuming that it is possible to do a spell, with out touching a wand as long as the wand is near by.

**In Medieval England it was believed that you could summon a demon, by saying its name backwards, or a certain number of times. Some of the demons were called, Abracadabra, Alakazam, Hocus-pocus, and so on.

***So…how many people remembered the name of Voldemort's pet snake? Good for you!

kitkat2919 : Thank you for reviewing! As for your idea about Harry falling in love with Kagome… if that were to happen, I think he would act more maturely about it than that. He would probably accept it as one more girl he can't have. Remember he became, if not a friend, then at least a friendly acquaintance of Cedric's even though he was extremely jealous. Now, if Inuyasha were to suspect anything…well, we all know how mature he acts around Kouga…

(notice how I went through an explanation without saying if the crush was going to exist…though if it did Ron would have to make a crack about Harry having a thing for Asian women…)

GemJewel : here you are…and here's your post…