Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thir13en Ghosts ❯ Ariel Vs. Jaws ( Chapter 6 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thir13en Ghosts

By Charles Xavier

Chapter Six: Ariel Vs. Jaws

Jaws offered no chance for Ariel to react. By the second she blinked her eyes at it, the ferocious shark had swam forward and had opened up its gargantuan mouth to insistently welcome her inside. Ariel’s eyes picked up on its bloodstained teeth and she was not fooled whatsoever. She kicked away from her enemy just before Jaws slammed its trap shut, saving herself from being crunched unexpectedly.

But Jaws was a stubborn shark, and simply didn’t stop to pause. Just after one attack, it gave Ariel another…and another and so forth. Chomping its way forwards, Ariel kept her distance away from Jaws’ flesh hungry teeth swerving in every direction possible.

On one occasion, Jaws hovered above her and plunged down on an attempt to gulp her down in one go. Luckily Ariel was quick with her fin and sprung upwards and out of Jaws’ range, making it dive through the wooden floor. While Ariel was backing away, the back of her neck hit something cold and hard. Shifting her eyes behind her, she learned that she had hit a rusty curtain rod on the wall. Made of solid and strong metal, Ariel saw her chance here to retaliate. Taking the long object with her bare hands, she yanked the rod off from its position and waited for Jaws to rise up from the lower ground.

Without surprise, Jaws crashed through the floor under where Ariel stood and gaped its mouth open again at her. Ariel waited for the right moment…when she shoved the rod between its jaws, preventing it from closing its mouth completely. Jaws shook around and munched on the rod, trying all it could to get it out of its mouth. Meanwhile, Ariel took her escape by swimming out of the broken window.

Ariel was relieved that she’d gotten out, and now was a good time to head back home. So upwards she swam and across the ship. And just when she thought she was safe from any further harm, Jaws burst out of the ship’s deck like molten lava from a volcano and torpedoed at its prey. Ariel took up the pace with haste when she saw the shark opening its jaws once more at her direction. Swimming randomly without thinking or direction, Ariel flapped her fin like the devil and couldn’t take a minute to realize that her chase was eventually going to lead her back into the ship.

Jaws kept munching away, only managing to bite plankton or other small fish that got in its path. By keeping close behind Ariel, it purposely lured her back into the haunted ship by leading her into the ship’s deck hole. Ariel had no choice by the time this moment came; Jaws was catching up with her and going back inside the ship was perhaps the only method she could somehow conceive if she wanted to loose this persistent shark for good. So she dived down into the hole and found herself lost inside the dark demented corridor. Still aware that Jaws was still on her trail, she reluctantly swam deeper into the blackest shades and prayed that Jaws wouldn’t find her.

Unfortunately her strategy didn’t quite work. Jaws at full force came through the hole and spotted her first glance with its beady ill-natured eyes. Ariel rushed into the nearest open door she could find…and into a room filled with swords, spears and others sorts of weaponry Ariel was unable to distinguish.

But it seemed like she had found some VERY useful equipment here.

Snatching a wooden shafted spear from a barrel and cornering back against the doorway, Ariel awaited Jaws as she saw its looming shadow make its most unwelcome appearance. She firmly gripped her weapon once it struggled to get through the narrow door, which resultantly led it to forcing to break its way through. And at that precise second, Ariel charged at the creature and rammed her penetrating spear into Jaws’ left eye, making a gush of black fluid ooze out onto her face. Jaws roared in hideous rage, shaking violently and toppling everything over. Ariel cleared away the cloud of blood floating in her face and searched the room for a possible exit while her enemy was under irresistible pain.

To her luck, there was one.

Just behind her, was a small porthole. Although she was unsure that even a slim body such as her own would slip through, she had to take this chance or else she would have to face being devoured. Quickly she swam for it, raising her arms up and slipping through the hole easily. But to her utter dismay, Ariel came to a jam when her waist got stuck halfway through.

“No…!” Ariel pushed and shoved with all her might…but it wasn’t as easy as she had wished. The porthole had her stuck tight, and she was left vulnerable for attack. “No…I have to get out! I have to get out!”

Back in the ship, Jaws swiped away the spear and became blinded in one eye. That, however, didn’t matter because its right eye caught a glimpse of Ariel’s green fin sticking out from the porthole some feet away. Jaws took this final opportunity and simply wasn’t going to let his food get away. It swam forwards and opened up its mouth, sinking its teeth right into…

“AAAAAAAAAA!” Ariel screamed at the top of her voice when she felt Jaws’ teeth puncturing through her scaly fin. The sharp pain rushed through her body like adrenaline, stunning her for a second until she was being pulled back into the ship by Jaws where it wanted her. “NOOO! LET GO! LET GO OF ME!”

Blood leaked out of Ariel’s fin as Jaws pulled harder and harder onto it, making her bleed even worse. Ariel arguably continued to push herself out, but it didn’t seem to be improving for her benefit. Her waist was being sucked back into the ship, and Ariel’s body found it impossible to out power that of Jaws. Within seconds, Ariel was gradually brought back into the shattered weapons room, unready to meet with her impending death.

“HEEEEEEEEEEELP!” Ariel grappled her fingers onto the porthole as a last hope for her salvation. “HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELP!”

Nobody came to help. Her fingers slipped off the porthole she held so dearly on, and Ariel slammed to the floor, scratching her nails onto the wood as Jaws dragged her across, bringing her into the shadows where the two of them could be alone. Ariel’s continuous cries for help began to fade out, and it was soon replaced by a cold oceanic silence.

“All right, come out!”

Peter Pan shouted across the wide forest grounds of Neverland, floating up in the sky on the quiet moonlit night…tonight happened a tad too quiet though. It was clear to Peter that an unknown presence was lurking beneath the trees and leaves he was surveying. To him it felt most unnatural.

“I said come out…now!”

Nothing came out to turn itself in to Peter, and that only annoyed him. He doubted this was the work of Captain Hook; that bumbling pirate wouldn’t be smart enough to pull off a crafty trick like this…not in a million years. There was definitely something here that was never meant to be here.

“Come out, you coward and face me…! Or are you too chicken to come and fight me?”

With that said, Peter’s visitor emerged from the trees and elevated up towards the sky until it was floating parallel to him at a distance. Its face dropped down and arms crossed together, the visitor raised its head and opened its eyes, giving Peter an alarming hostile look. Unfolding its arms it let a high pitched screech as its demonic wings ripped out of its coat, displaying them to Peter who fell speechless.

Was it a giant bat? No…it was a hungry demon. But Peter was brave enough and more than eager to risk fighting this evil being. Armed with his trustful dagger, he remained calm and watched the demon deliver him an unfriendly grin. It was obvious that it too was determined to pick a fight against him.

“Okay, you.” Peter Pan said to the demon. “Let’s see what you’ve got!”

The Creeper was happy to comply.

Author’s Note: Oh dear. Looks like the baddies have got the advantage so far. Let’s hope our KH pals can do better on the future bouts!

For those who rooted for Ariel, I feel your sorrow. I can understand that Ariel would have been able to outsmart sharks, but Jaws…? I wasn’t too sure about that. I love Ariel, but pitting her against Jaws was another hard decision for me to make. Gomen ne!

Next: The Creeper Vs. Peter Pan.

(Bets are always appreciated)