Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thir13en Ghosts ❯ Chucky Vs. Pinocchio ( Chapter 5 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

“Some people believe that when you die, there is a wonderful light. As bright as the sun, but it doesn’t hurt to look into it. All the answers to all the questions you want to know are inside that light. And when you walk to it…you become part of it forever. Now, some people die, but they don’t know they’re gone.”

Dr. Lesh

“Poltergeist”

Thir13en Ghosts

By Charles Xavier

Chapter Five: Chucky Vs. Pinocchio

“What’s wrong with you, kiddo? Don‘t you like playing with dolls?” Chucky pointed the sharp tip of his knife at the frightened little boy, advancing one step forward as Pinocchio advanced one back. “Or would you rather go home and play tea party with the little baby girls!” He taunted crudely at him with an unkindly snicker.

“NO!” Pinocchio fell down to his knees and pleaded in tears. Just listening to Chucky’s horrible remarks was just as terrifying as turning into a donkey. “No, please don’t kill me! I don’t deserve to die like this! I’m a real boy, and I‘ve been a good boy!”

“No, please don’t kill me!” Chucky mimicked him in shear pretence. “I don’t deserve to die like this! I’m a real boy, and I’ve been a good boy. BOO! HOO! HOO!” He stuck his tongue out and blew a raspberry, spreading saliva all over Pinocchio‘s kind-hearted face.

“PLEASE, SIR! DON‘T KILL ME!” Pinocchio continued to beg for mercy. “My father will be sad if he finds me dead!”

“Ah, to hell with your old God damn pops! That diaper waste probably doesn‘t give a shit about you now.” Chucky said in a harsh voice. “So you better cut it out with this maudlin crap, ‘cause you‘re just pissing me off by every second I have to see your sorry-ass waterworks!”

“But I…”

“COME HERE!!!!”

Chucky ran full steam ahead towards Pinocchio, waving his knife like a psychotic maniac who had just broken out of his cell. Pinocchio took instinct and turned his back, fleeing from the demonic doll that was going to slice him into ham.

Pinocchio ran through the maze of stacked boxes containing Chucky dolls, all laughing at him with ironic glee and mocking his utter cowardice to face his foe. Pinocchio tried to shut his ears away from their voices, panting deeply along the way. But with Chucky hot in his pursuit, he couldn’t care less of what was being said about him…he desperately needed to get out of this toy factory alive.

Path by path, route by route, Pinocchio didn’t have the time to stop and think which way he was going. Chucky never let him out of his sight for one measly second, and already he was draining Pinocchio of his energy to move faster. Pinocchio’s legs were beginning to ache in pain as minutes passed.

But luckily…or sadly…Pinocchio’s feet came to a halt when he was faced against a white blank wall at the end of his path. With absolutely no other way to run, it looked like he had unwillingly come to a dead end. And what’s worse, Chucky was behind him…

“Hee! Hee! Hee! Nowhere to run…and nowhere to go!” Chucky smelt victory running up his nose as he could see that he had Pinocchio cornered now. “You‘ve made Chucky real angry after tiring him out from that long chase, when all he wanted to do play with you…now I‘m going to bash your brains in and take your precious body for myself…and hey, it’s like what I said. I‘ll be your friend until the end!”

“Sir, no! Please don‘t! I’m too young to die, honestly!”

“HA! HA! HA!” Chucky merely laughed back, poking a thumb at him. “Now the kid’s calling me sir! That’s hysterical! BWA! HA! HA! HA! HAAAA!!!!! Me…sir! HA! HA! HAAAA!!!!”

Pinocchio’s fear of Chucky was slowly converting to anger, for he couldn’t stand seeing him laughing his head off. It made Pinocchio insulted…and weak for no reason. Maybe it was time that he showed this bozo what a real boy could really do…

While Chucky was busy amusing himself, Pinocchio threw himself sideways and rammed into a mountainous pile of doll boxes. At that second, Chucky got out of his humorous fit when he realized that he was being overshadowed by something above his head. Looking up, he gulped a lump down his throat when he saw boxes raining down on him like red bricks and burying him alive underneath.

Pinocchio stood motionless from his position, waiting for any precise moment if Chucky was ever to crawl himself out of the wreck. But once the silence fell and no more shuffling could be heard, Pinocchio felt he had conquered his fear of the living doll.

Now that he was out of the way, the only problem that remained was finding a way out. Pinocchio still had to explore this factory more thoroughly and familiarize himself with it better. And since this was a dead end, the only direction he could take was backwards.

Pinocchio climbed up unafraid and over the mess he had made. And just when he was leaving, he took no awareness of Chucky quietly emerging out from the boxes behind him. Though no longer holding a knife, Chucky wrapped up a sleeve to reveal a roll of metal string he had attached to his wrist. Slipping a piece of the string out to a reasonably long length, he tip-toed up to Pinocchio, threw his hands forward and with deceit wrapped the string firmly round his neck.

“Aaaack…”

Pinocchio felt something clog up his regular supply of oxygen. Unable to see who or what was making him suffocate, he set his hands over to the string Chucky held tightly around him. Trying to take it off was proving most difficult. No matter how hard Pinocchio shook and kicked to set himself free, it seemed impossible for him to overcome Chucky’s ruthless force.

Once his face ran pale and cold and his sight became unfocused, Pinocchio took one last breathe and did not move again. His body leaned back onto Chucky, who carelessly pushed him forwards and threw him onto the floor face first. With the fight done, Chucky pulled back on his sleeve and snorted. He gathered up phlegm up his throat and spat into Pinocchio’s eye.

Chucky stared down at his dead victim with a sinister smile…just staring into his lifeless eyes made Pinocchio look like a worthless puppet doll again. Chucky thought it was best he ended up that way. Though he had not succeeded in claiming his body, he never took more joy than to make other people’s lives more miserable than his…especially for kids.

“Sweet dreams, you wooden dick.”

Ariel the little mermaid was out again on another treasure hunt, searching for rare artifacts for her collection. This time though, she chose to explore as far away as possible from Atlantica, her home. Her father would usually get into uptight moods whenever his youngest daughter was wandering off without permission. But regardless of how worried he could get, Ariel took it rather casually and didn’t quite care whatever warnings he would deliver her…

This time, however, Ariel was by herself. Since it was late at night, it was her only chance for her to venture into places she had never set eyes upon. Everyone in Atlantica was fast asleep at this hour, even her friends Sebastian and Flounder. And waking anybody up would probably cause great disturbances.

So Ariel decided to go alone…

Her father had once warned Ariel of a wrecked ship at the deepest depths of the ocean where it was said to be haunted. And of course, that was Ariel’s first site to visit.

Once she had found the ship, she helped herself to wander around inside curiously, despite the strange chills she was feeling on the tip of her fin.

Barely any light was shed within this abandoned wreck. Not even a fish, an eel, or any other sea creature had taken any residence inside. Ariel realized that her father wasn’t kidding when he told her that this place was spooked. It felt atmospherically uneven, as if something bestial or unholy was monitoring her in secrecy.

And in fact, there was.

Something unspeakable had been following Ariel from her home and to these forsaken grounds with its blackest marble eyes. Through the darkest shades and shadows, it moved and shifted, stalking the young mermaid everywhere she went in tranquility. And once it had seen that Ariel was entering the Captain’s bedroom, wherein it was almost pitch black, it was ready to take its move…

Ariel searched through wardrobes, cupboards, desks and drawers in the room to find anything that attracted her interest. Though while she was doing so, she suddenly heard something bubble up from behind her back.

“Huh?”

Looking round, she saw nothing…assuming it to be here own hallucinations, she continued from where she had left off…but Ariel not only heard the same noise again, but it came included with a faint growling sound. It was a growl that hinted to her ears that whatever being was present with her was most unfriendly, and most disturbing of all…hungry.

“Who’s there?”

Ariel called out to the darkness. But nobody replied.

She jumped in fright when she heard the door slam shut with a loud creak. Whether she was locked in or not didn’t quite matter. Ariel was getting freaked out now; she was starting to regret ever visiting this place and wished she hadn’t come alone. Swimming directionless around the all-too-quiet room, she looked over at the high scaled glass window which showed nothing but the empty waters outside of the ship. It was also from where the only light was being shone, and that made Ariel feel very uncomfortable since not much was coming through.

She decided to head towards the window, wondering if she would be able to open them. On the way, she came across a wooden wardrobe that hadn’t been opened yet. Though it looked tempting to inspect, Ariel was not in the greatest mood. So she ignored it and swam by. But as she did, the wardrobe’s doors popped open and out fell a human skeleton dressed in a shredded and worn out uniform.

Ariel screamed as the Captain’s body fell on top of her. She immediately pushed it away, swam frantically towards the window and looked back at her attacker.

No fear, the skeleton was not alive; it had simply fallen out by accident due to the wardrobe’s rotting wood. What made Ariel upset about it, though, was that it was found completely armless. The Captain’s arms looked like they had been horridly chopped off, or possibly bitten off…he was must have bled to death inside the wardrobe during his last moments.

It disgusted Ariel greatly, and it was time that she headed back home…she had gone through enough scary encounters for the night and didn’t want to stick around for any more. So facing back to the window, she intended to open it up and leave…

That was not so. A black gigantic creature crashed against the glass, breaking through with ease. Ariel ducked down for cover and avoided the shards falling down. Opening her eyes up to see what had swam in, the creature rushed back into the shadows where it preferred. When Ariel rose, she covered her mouth and gasped at the creature’s humongous form moving monstrously and roaring at her hatefully. As it slowly lifted itself away from the darkness to show itself, Ariel knew that she was facing something far beyond hideous and threatening than a Great White…

She was facing the deadliest shark of them all: Jaws.

Author’s Note: I was hoping you guys would have rooted Pinocchio…I didn’t realize he had so many fan-haters. But yet again, I had to think realistically about this fight. I don’t think Pinocchio would stand ANY chance against Chucky. I think Chucky would just make fun of his goodie little two shoes character (as I have presented in this chapter) anyway.

Next: Ariel Vs. Jaws.

(Place your bets!)