Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thir13en Ghosts ❯ Jack Vs. Michael ( Chapter 4 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thir13en Ghosts

By Charles Xavier

Chapter Four: Jack Vs. Michael

“This is your last chance.” Jack warned the masked man, pointing his bony finger at him. “If you do not leave these grounds now, I will be forced to take drastic action upon you!”

Michael was not interested in his strong words. He lurched towards his enemy like Frankenstein‘s creation and raised his knife high to the top of his shoulder. Jack took it that this walking phantom wasn’t here to take orders from Halloween Towners like him. So that left him no choice but to take the cruel alternative: combat.

“So be it!”

Jack took the first move by cartwheel somersaulting towards Michael. With his long limbs, skinny body and super fast reflex abilities, Michael’s menacing eyes couldn’t keep up with his incredible speed. And that was the reason why Jack also took the first shot: once he was in attack range with Michael, he placed himself into a handstand position and spun his body quickly in a break-dancing motion. Doing so made Michael receive countless numbers of kicks in the face by Jack’s open legs, twirling about like a pair of helicopter propellers against him.

Once Jack was through with that, he took to his feet and smacked Michael left and right with his bone-solid knuckles. But during the process, Michael clasped his left hand and brought him forwards. Taking up his knife again, he attempted to stab Jack with a downward blow…but failed. Jack saw it coming and dodged the weapon when he leaned over onto Michael’s arm that grasped him. He rolled over so he was laying against his arm, and kicked the knife out of his hand before Michael noticed it. Jack then delivered a second kick in his face yet again, but this time harder than his last tries.

Michael was not pleased…not at all. He took Jack’s other hand and pulled him over from his side, facing him directly. Jack fought back aggressively and heat butted Michael, making him jerk back slightly…but it wasn’t enough to keep him down for hardly any seconds. Michael returned his kindness to Jack by presenting him not one, not two, but three head butts against his skull. And if that wasn’t munificent enough, he swung his weightless body over into one of the graveyard’s grim looking monumental figures. Jack smashed through the figure, shattering it into thousands of pieces. And on the way down, he also smashed through a couple of tombstones…but luckily they weren’t of ones Jack especially knew.

“Oh…my head.”

Jack groaned with a massive headache. Rubbing his beaten head…he learned that his skull was almost beginning to crack! He felt the lines on his skull that signaled his fear, and he dared himself not touch them any longer. For when he opened his eyes, Michael was only five steps away from him…and he wasn’t in the mood to fool around any longer.

Jumping to his feet, Jack dropped one hand to the ground and leaned sideways. He lifted up his legs and double kicked Michael on his hip, which made him stunned for a short while. Jack rose up again and leaped onto him like a savage creature, pushing him backwards. Michael fell back and tumbled down a steep slope along with Jack. The two wrestled restlessly as they went downhill, ending up in the pumpkin field.

Both still on the ground, Michael was atop Jack, firing his fists to the soil as he constantly kept missing Jack’s head. Jack got out of his trapped position by slithering down under Michael and tripping him over to his back with a sweep from his leg. Once Michael had fallen, Jack jumped onto him and sat on his stomach, giving him more beatings with his fists. Michael, noticing that his punches were getting weaker and weaker, gathered strength in his bare hands to slap them straight onto Jack’s severed skull.

Jack stopped when he felt Michael compressing hard against his head, squeezing it with incomparable force. His fingers began sinking into the inner depths of his skull, and Jack found it nerve wrecking. Taking Michael by his wrists, he tried all he could to draw his hands away as he couldn’t resist the enormous pressure that his angered enemy was implying. But Jack’s energy to fight further was fading…and Michael’s was just growing. Jack yelped out as the pain got worse and his skull began to crack deeper. He started to lean back as Michael sat up, fracturing him shamelessly. And just like a pumpkin in the palms of his hands, Michael crushed Jack’s skull until he was left completely headless. Jack’s hands loosened, and his body fell motionless while the remaining skeletal bits of his head trickled down his coat and shirt.

Throwing the useless body away, Michael got up and removed his mask to give it some tidying up after the fight. When he was finished, he slipped it back on and left the field, disappearing into the mists of the night.

“Father?” A seven year old boy called out in the giant toy factory. “Father, were are you?” He said louder…but there was no response.

Pinocchio couldn’t understand why he’d all of a sudden been brought in this eerie place…one minute he was in Geppetto’s house dreaming away in bed, the next minute he was stuck here. And come to think of it, ever since he’d become a real boy, he’d frequently been having dreams…but none had come close to this one. This felt something beyond a dream…and beyond any nightmare.

The factory’s heavenly lights were at full power, and it would have blinded Pinocchio if he was to stare straight into one of them. Somewhere far away he could hear heavy machinery howling…but that wasn’t his concern from where he was standing. For surrounding him side by side in high rows were countless packed boxes, and within them held cute looking dolls…all given the same name as Pinocchio read on their labels: Chucky. With scruffy hair, freckled face and loveable expressions, the dolls reminded him back to when he was a wooden boy…

“Whoa!”

Pinocchio jumped back in surprise when all the dolls turned their heads mechanically to his eyes, saying in friendly but disrupting voices:

“Hi, I’m Chucky. Wanna play…? I’ll be your friend ‘til he end. Hi-dee ho! Ha! Ha! Ha!”

The dolls stared at him with smiles all over their faces, as if waiting for him to give a reply. But Pinocchio was getting a bad vibe about them; though they seemed harmless in every way, something about their smiles told him that something wasn’t quite normal…and his prediction came true, when the Chucky doll nearest to him spoke out:

“Hi, I’m Chucky. And I don’t like you.”

Pinocchio took one step back.

“Hi, I’m Chucky. And I’m going to kill you.”

Pinocchio took his second step back.

“Father…?” Pinocchio called out again, his body and voice quivering. He was hoping that he was somewhere in this unfamiliar complex. “…Father, I think one of your toys is broken…come quick!”

Something did come quick to him, but it wasn’t Geppetto…

“I said I’m going to kill you, you son of a bitch!” The doll’s delightful charm melted away into a horrid nefarious face as it shouted at Pinocchio threateningly in a deep manly voice. “You’ve been a very naughty boy!”

Chucky reached an arm behind his back and took out a Commando’s hunting knife. Shoving it through the plastic cover that sealed him inside his wretched toy box, he cut himself free and hopped out. Pinocchio cowered back as the live doll stretched his arms out and swung them round…then he faced him, smiled devilishly with his murderous eyes and shining his knife.

“Hee! Hee! Hee!” Chucky cackled before Pinocchio’s terror-stricken face.

Author’s Note: Ooh…this was a tough fight to decide the winner. I almost received an equal amount of votes for both sides, but fortunately (or should I say unfortunately) Michael was the man who finally stood out after all that struggle! YAY! (or BOO!)

And thank you to the rest of you readers reviewing and e-mailing me. I‘m always glad to see you‘re enjoying this…and Happy New Year!

Next: Chucky Vs. Pinocchio.

(Bets are always welcome!)