Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thir13en Ghosts ❯ Jason Vs. Leon ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Thir13en Ghosts

By Charles Xavier

Chapter Three: Jason Vs. Leon

“Ch…ch…ch…a…a… ;a…”

Squall paid no attention to the voices he heard. With Jason striding towards him, holding his machete, he couldn’t tell whether this fight was going to be easy or hard for him. He had to do the best he could.

“That’s it.” Squall said. “Come on over here.”

When Squall was within Jason’s range, Jason hurled his machete down at Squall. But the only thing he managed to slice through was the wooden floor. Squall had rolled under through the big man’s legs and spun round quickly. Getting up, he took his Gunblade and sliced Jason across his back. Jason fell down to one knee from the force of the attack, but felt no pain from it whatsoever. Squall backed away in the meantime, telling the students to get out of the classroom.

“Get out of here!” He waved his arm at them. “Hurry!”

The students were more than obliged to do so. They ran off screaming and shouting away, warning others outside to stay away from the fight that was likely to get brutal. Squall brought his concentration back to Jason, who was already standing up, kindly waiting for him to continue from where they left off.

Squall wasn’t willing to waste any more time. He took his Gunblade again and prepared to cast off a Renzokuken Limit Break. He ran, leapt into the air and got ready to begin his attack. But unfortunately, Jason’s strength was able to withstand what Squall had planned for. By simply blocking with his machete, Squall’s Gunblade couldn’t cut through Jason’s strong resistance. Trying as hard as he could, it was not possible for Squall to get anywhere in this struggle. So he decided to discard his Limit Break attack.

Taking one step back, he swung his Gunblade several times, horizontally and vertically. Most of his attacks managed to cut Jason, but they hardly had any effect on him and he was still at full strength, treating this fight as if it were only his warm up. Jason repelled his other attacks, and sadly for Squall, he was starting to get a little worn down.

When Jason was smart enough to realize that Squall was weakening in this battle, he took his turn of attack and swung his machete down onto Squall. Squall reacted by bringing his Gunblade above his head and preventing Jason from splitting his brain into two. With this distraction, Jason then took Squall by the neck firmly, making him drop his Gunblade and choke suddenly.

“Acckkk…” Squall felt his feet lift off from the ground as Jason brought him up. Looking into those angry eyes within his mask, Squall tried to kick his way out of this mess. But Jason had his turn first by literally throwing Squall out of the classroom…and into the corridor, where many of the Balamb students were still lingering about.

Students were glued to the wall as Jason came out, marching heavily towards Squall, who was still lying on the floor. Now, sans his Gunblade, things were going to get far tougher than he had thought; all he had now to fight with was his fists. And that wasn’t a good sign. But noticing that Jason was approaching him, he got up and faced his foe unafraid. He swerved his fists into Jason’s face, hitting his mask senselessly…that only annoyed Jason. He grabbed both of Squall’s hands, picked him up and swung him further down the hall, making him end up around the walkway bridge.

Squall opened his eyes and saw that his hand was covered in the blood that was leaking out of his nose. Looking up, he wasn’t amazed to see Jason returning. He arose again, still determined to stay on his toes. As Jason’s macho form came for him, Squall’s first action was to run away…not because he was scared, but because he had just thought up a cunning idea. He stopped when he came to the elevator wall. Turning back, he waited for Jason to follow him.

Jason believed that this was to be Squall last minute to live. But he knew nothing about what Squall was plotting…neither did he know that the elevators in Balamb Garden regularly ran on high voltage. Squall waited patiently for Jason to take up his machete and swing again. And when he did so, Squall leaped out of the way, letting Jason miss and accidentally cut into the elevator fuse box on the wall. The fuse box burst and sent thousands of flows of electricity running through Jason’s body.

“Squall!” A male student shouted behind him. Squall looked back and saw that one of his friends was holding his Gunblade. The student threw the weapon at him to claim and Squall caught it with his hands. And now with his Gunlade back, Squall went back to Jason, who was still being electrocuted. Seeing that he was temporarily paralyzed, Squall used his Gunblade and hacked his arm off, releasing him from the fuse box.

Jason was now the one left weaponless. His missing arm was still in tact with the machete stuck to the wall. Squall did not hesitate to kick Jason in the stomach and shove him towards the edge of the floor walkway. With ease he picked him up and tossed him over the walkway, making him fall thousands of feet below and splashing into the central fountain on the main floor of Balamb Garden.

For Squall, it was hard to believe that Jason was anywhere near alive, after seeing him take such a big fall. But nevertheless, he had go down there and make sure. Since the elevators had been halted due to Jason’s ‘misfire’, Squall sprinted down the stairways to the main floor.

Students were gathered around the large fountain, curious but nervous of what might be lurking beneath the water. Everyone made way when Squall came forward to investigate. He climbed over and jumped in, gripping his Gunblade solidly. The water’s surface reached up to his waist and that made it chilly for the young soldier. Squall felt the coldness of the water seep into his pants and touch his deliacate skin; and it made him tenser by the seconds. Searching deep within the fountain’s depths, he could spot nothing that resembled a muscle bound giant. But there was one place in the fountain that he didn’t inspect carefully, and that was behind his back…

“SQUALL!!!!!”

The students cried, pointing out at an infuriated Jason rising out from the water behind Squall. However, Squall remained calm even at this moment. He raised his arms, twirled around to face Jason, and sliced his head clean off when he pulled the trigger of his Gunblade. Jason’s flying head landed on one of the fountain’s grand statues, while his headless and twitching body slumped forwards, splattering back into the water and sinking down below the surface.

“YAAAAAAAAAAAY!!!!!!!!!!!”

Squall almost jumped out of his skin when he was unexpectedly delivered a mighty applause by students and teachers alike around him. Boys were waving their fists at him with glory, while the girls were shouting his name and dancing as if they were cheerleaders. No wonder. It was obvious that they loved how Squall finished Jason off…no one was going to forget that for sure. It had been a short but intense fight that had come to an end.

Squall let out a deep sigh and shook his head, saying: “Rinoa is never going to believe this.”

Jack Skellington always found relaxation whenever he visited the graveyard. But tonight when he came, he was far from being relaxed. Trouble had waited for him there by the minute he stepped in. And it didn’t make Jack too pleased by what he saw…

“Grrrrrrrrrrr!!!!!!” Zero growled distrustfully at the stranger with them.

“I don’t know who you are, or what your purpose of being here is.” Jack said sternly at his intruder. “But if you put the knife down and let go of Sally, then I assure you that nobody will get hurt.”

Alas, the dark stranger remained silent and refused to release Sally, threatening to slit her throat with the butcher knife he held. Jack hadn’t the slightest idea of what was running inside the stranger’s head. Just looking at his emotionless face gave him the creeps…yet he was the pumpkin king! There was no reason for him to be scared. Jack had to somehow save Sally now before she would end up disassembled again.

“I demand that you unhand Sally now!” Jack was beginning to lose his patients.

Zero was fed up, though. He flew towards the stranger and leapt onto his face. The stranger dropped his knife and wrestled with the ghostly dog. And Sally, now released, ran to Jack and hid behind him.

“Jack!” She panted.

Jack gave a high whistle and summoned Zero back to him.

“Sally…you and Zero must leave here, now!” Jack said to her. “Quickly, run! Get out of this place while I handle this problem!”

“But…”

“GO!”

He shoved Sally aside when he saw that the stranger was picking up his knife. Sally had to obey him, if he wanted to save her bacon. So she opened the gateways and fled to Halloween Town with Zero accompanying her along the way.

Jack cracked his knuckles and rolled his head, as he was about to face his toughest foe since Oogie Boogie…Michael Myers.

Author’s Note: All righty then! Looks like a majority of you readers wanted Leon to win! (No offense, Jason lovers). I’m not too surprised though, since a lot of you fan girls heavenly adore him (wink). As for me…I think he’s cool, but I’d probably get upset if Jason beat the crap out of him mercilessly. Oh, and I’m halfway through Kingdom Hearts: Chain of Memories! Things are getting interesting there! Buy it now!

Next: Jack Vs. Michael.

(Anybody want to decide who the true king of Halloween is?)