Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thir13en Ghosts ❯ Aerith Vs. Sadako ( Chapter 12 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Drip…drip…drip.

“(AAAAIIIIIII!!!!!!)&# 8221;

Drip…drip…drip.

“(HELP MEEEEE!!!!!!)”

She had completely lost track of time in knowing how long she had been screaming in her damned prison. Only the quiet calm water in this cylindrical well was the only thing that kept Sadako any company. Scratching her overgrown nails on the stony walls, she tried to climb up but it was of no use.

“I have been waiting here for you, Sadako Yamamura.”

She felt the warm breath of his voice at the back of her neck. Spinning round to see who her ghostly guest was, she came face to face with the cenobite Pinhead, looking most pleased to meet her in person.

“(Who…who are you?”)

“An explorer in the further regions of experience. A demon to some. An angel to others. You have found me. Now you must come with us…to taste our pleasures and devour the hearts that we choose best.”

“(Are you here to take me away from this dark torment?)”

“Come.” Pinhead offered his hand to her. “Take my hand and I will give you a life that you could never dream of…a life beyond any limits…a life beyond any mortality.”

Regardless of being unfamiliar with her short-made friend and unsure whether he was bluffing, she realized the clear opportunity she had upon her. So Sadako took Pinhead’s hand with approval. And with an impressed smile, Pinhead said:

“You have chosen well, my dear. I am most pleased.”

Thir13en Ghosts

By Charles Xavier

Chapter Twelve: Aerith Vs. Sadako

“Who are you?” Aerith kept her guard from the ghost lunging at her antagonistically. “What do you want from me?”

“(Shut up.)” Sadako said in her macabre voice. “(What I want is none of your damn business! All you need to do now is die!”)

With sheer force, Sadako lifted Aerith off her feet by her neck without raising her hands. Aerith choked and dropped her staff, clutching for breath. She was then thrown back with violent aggression and smacked to the wall, tipping over a couple of garbage cans when she collapsed back down to the floor.

Unhurt from the first attack, Aerith got up quickly when Sadako was plotting her next move: the garbage cans’ lids were elevated, hovering high above Aerith’s head like two space saucers. Knowing what might happen if she didn’t act fast, Aerith dashed and ran for her staff laying in a shallow puddle several feet away.

As she ran, Sadako ordered the lids to drop down and slice Aerith’s head off. But before they could reach their target, Aerith ducked and the lids collided with a loud clash. Aerith slid and grabbed her staff. Rolling back onto her feet, she began to cast Great Gospel onto herself. A pity…for she was left vulnerable for Sadako to easily cancel it for her. With another stroke of energy, Sadako pushed Aerith back again only harder. Aerith smashed through the courtyard’s wall and splashed back into the rain-clogged streets.

“Uhn…”

Aerith rubbed her aching head while making her gradual recovery. Sadako stepped out onto the road and waited for her to rise again. And this time she was happy to give her more of a punishing. Stopping in the middle of the street, she summoned two cars to levitate off the ground. Aerith saw what more trouble she was encountering, and with her instincts she took flight and leaped aside when the hurling cars came crashing towards her. They missed only by an inch and one of them struck an electric lamp post, loosening its stance.

Aerith noticed how much high voltage ran through the lamp by studying its gleaming brightness. Thanks to the car’s impact, it almost seemed that the post could fall if it could be knocked down. And Aerith was no fool in understanding how conductive water could be when in contact with electricity…especially in such wet weather as this.

Sadako drew closer to Aerith, still determined to kill her with her psycho-physical powers she had left. Aerith, laying on the floor pretending to be crippled, waited for her to shift closer to the loose post beside her. Once Sadako was in range, Aerith swung her staff and whacked the post as hard as she could. She leapt again, off the street and onto the sidewalk, just in time before the post fell like fresh cut timber. The lamp smashed onto the street, sending an overwhelming amount of electricity through the water and right into Sadako’s fragile bones.

“YAAAA!!!!!!!”

Sadako screamed when every blood vessel in her sparked-shaken body burst. It wasn’t until she literally lit into flames when it was for sure that she had to accept defeat from the flower girl. Aerith watched in alarm as Sadako continued to cry in anguish. But as the rain poured down on her, the fire was put out, and Sadako was left as a blackened figure in ash. And unable to walk or even use her powers anymore, she dropped with a great splatter.

Aerith in wariness advanced towards Sadako, sizzled on the street like burned toast. Rolling her head and adjusting her eyes to hers, her arms were still twitching as she tried to reach out for Aerith, perhaps begging for her mercy…?

“(Go on…kill me.)”

She reached a hand over to Aerith’s staff and settled it on top of her beating heart. Aerith was surprised to see how Sadako was willing to give up to her after the fight so easily. It made her feel all too dubious about what she should do next.

“(Kill me, you old hag! You‘ve beaten me!)” Sadako cursed at Aerith with detestation. “(I don’t deserve to live the rest of my life like this!)”

Aerith hardly knew of Sadako’s tragic life before. But she had a disturbing sixth sense that Sadako wasn’t always so despising as this…seeing her hateful but innocent face brought Aerith regret.

“I don’t know what happened, or who created you into this…horror.” Aerith said to her with her sorrow. “But I have a feeling that you were human before, weren’t you?”

Sadako’s snare transformed into her once human expression of innocence. A flow of inevitable guilt ran through her mind of those she’d killed, while memories of those who valued and those who undervalued her flashed before her eyes. And when it had come to the end, Sadako ultimately shook in disgrace and replied to Aerith: “(Those days are over for me…it’s far too late to go back to being that girl I used to be.)”

“I understand…”

Aerith whispered tenderly with a sigh…with all her might, she raised her staff and plunged it straight into Sadako’s heart. And without another scream, Sadako shut her eyes, falling into her eternal slumber.

“And so ends Sadako Yamamura.” Pinhead commented, watching the fight end with a dramatic finish. “What a pity it was that she truly didn’t understand the pure essence of being a ghost…but nonetheless, her death won’t concern us as much as I am aware.”

“What are you talking about?” Cloud said.

While the princesses were still chained up, and unhurt as promised, they were too unconscious to notice the room mutating into something far worse than what it currently seemed. Cloud felt the ground shaking under his boots when he saw that Pinhead was altering the very setting they were in.

The room expanded wider and wider, revealing much more of the forsaken torturous chamber. Chains were lifted high up to the ceiling along with the princesses, spine pillars rose from the floor spiraling with human skulls, iron maidens appeared on the walls, a giant swinging pendulum swung across the space between Cloud and Pinhead, and a dark moat formed around where they stood creating a combat ring.

“It is time to finally taste your flesh, Cloud.” Pinhead said. “I must admit that I had underestimated your allies…but heed my words: your suffering will be legendary, even among hell!”

Cloud armed himself with his buster sword, knowing somehow that fate had brought him to this fight until death. And if he was able to take victory in this round, then he knew that Pinhead would not win…and neither would he.

 

Next: Cloud Vs. Pinhead

(I first thought about Maleficent fighting Pinhead…but hell! This is a fight I’ve always wanted to do! An human against an inhuman…a clouded warrior against a vile torturer…an ex-SOLDIER against a lead Cenobite…who will win?)