Fan Fiction / Kingdom Hearts Fan Fiction / Final Fantasy - All Series Fan Fiction ❯ Thir13en Ghosts ❯ The Thirteenth Ghost ( Chapter 14 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

An Extract from the Diary of Ansem

I have heard several stories of an isolated community in a distant land where the children of the townspeople were reported to have slaughtered their parents . One boy, I have been told, had supposedly led the children into committing these acts, claiming that the blood of adults should be sacrificed to the corn fields. Whereas it was believed home to a shapeless, malevolent entity that has resided there for centuries.

Further study and research has made me to believe that this could likely be the Thirteenth Ghost. And although its true name is never spoken, the children who worship it refer it as nothing else but ‘He Who Walks Behind The Rows’. It has been known, as I had predicted, to have the ability to shift forms to fool his enemies, and on occasions take possession of humans as its hosts.

However, the identity of the boy who had guided his believers to ‘He Who Walks Behind The Rows’ has yet to be discovered…

Thir13en Ghosts

By Charles Xavier

Chapter Fourteen: The Thirteenth Ghost

With the defeat of Pinhead, Cloud had hoped that the cenobite’s victims would be freed. And indeed, the princesses once chained by his black forces, were settled to the ground and were released unhurt. Cloud rushed to them all, helping them to regain their consciousness and to stand on their feet. He had suspected possible foul play by Pinhead, even after his demise. But fortunately, there was no need for such those worries. The princesses were well…and none of them had been touched.

“Kairi…?”

However, Princess Kairi was not seen anywhere. This disturbed Cloud gravely as he searched through the empty chamber, and to no grand success, he found no trace of her. Where could she have gone?

It then came ot his his mind that this fight wasn’t in fact over…just before fighting Pinhead, it struck to him that even if he had won, this deadly competition would not be resolved. For there was still one more match to go…and it seemed that Kairi couldn’t have been taken by anyone else, but the Thirteenth Ghost itself.

“KAIRI!!!!”

Kairi gasped and lifted her eyes, waking up in the chilly outskirts of a ghostly town. Her body shivered by the coldness of the wind as she rose. Surrounding her in a circular ring were what seemed like endless fields of corn, rustling and echoing voices of children giggling and singing in harmony. But Kairi was not feeling happy at all…this mystical place was making her stomach churn, and she didn’t know why she was brought here in the first place, or even who was responsible for that.

“S-Sora…?” She called out for anyone she could think of. “Riku…? Is anybody there…? Selphie, Wakka, Tidus, help me!”

“They can’t hear you from here. No one can.”

A childish voice uttered from her back. Kairi turned to see who the stranger was; he was a young boy of perhaps Sora’s age, dressed all in black clothing, wearing a preacher’s hat, and wielding a giant scythe that stretched a small fraction above his height. With his dark eyed glare upon her, he looked like a youthful disguise for the Grim Reaper. Though Kairi had a gut feeling inside of her that he was much worse than Death…

“You…you were the one who brought me to this place!”

The boy bowed to her in a courteous manner. “Say no more, your words are indeed true. I am the one responsible for taking you here to this…most bleak surrounding. I hope you enjoy it.”

Kairi shook her head in annoyance and demanded to hear answers.

“Just who are you? And why have you brought me here?” She spoke, crossed with her eerie friend.

“My name is Chroner…Isaac Chroner.” The boy replied meekly. “And you, dear Princess, have been chosen to fight the last battle against me…to the death”

Kairi stepped back when the wind around her blew more aggressively and the cornfields rustled louder.

“What’s wrong? Are you afraid to face me, Princess Kairi?”

With dartk forces of energy gathering within the boy‘s body, his innocent and humble voice began to gradually break into a deeper, inhuman and Mephistophelian voice. His blackened eyes became lit with brightness and glowed with fiery red flames. And as he smiled wickedly at Kairi, he let out a most vile cackle.

“EH! HA! HA! HA! HA! HAAAAA!!!!!“ It’s good to be afraid, with fear flowing inside your blood, and into your tender heart!”

For a flash, Kairi caught a glimpse of the demonic entity floating above him. Then she realized that she was facing a young boy, possessed by the Thirteenth Ghost itself: He Who Walks Behind The Rows.

Swinging his scythe and gripping it firm in his hands, Isaac aimed it at Kairi and spoke further: “There is no running away, my dear! Your blood will be shed among these fields…your screams will heard among your friends…and all your hearts will belong to me, heed that!”

Kairi stopped moving back and stood her ground.

“COME!!!! IT IS TIME FOR YOU TO FINALLY FACE YOUR DEATH IN MY HANDS NOW…PRINCESS KAIRI!!!!!!!”

Author’s Note: I might have beefed up Isaac a bit, mainly because I thought he was a wimp in the movies he was in. Oh, and if you don’t know who Isaac Chroner is, I suggest you Google it. You shouldn’t have any problems finding his name.

Next: Isaac Vs. Kairi

(The fate of Kairi and the princesses will be decided next chapter. Meanwhile, why not place a last bet?)