Fan Fiction / Medabots Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Big Mix-Up ❯ How Many Idiots Does It Take To Screw In A Lightbulb? ( Chapter 7 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

Mischief Makers. It was an N64 game, an old one, but intensely fun. The main character will come up soon. You have been warned.

How Many Idiots Does It Take To Screw In A Light Bulb?

The road seemed endless before them. New York was far behind them. They were all bored. It's time to throw the monkey wrench into their plans to relax…

Megaman: <asleep, not in trunk (for once)><snore>

Bomberman: Heh heh heh…prank time…

At that moment, a large monkey wrench fell from the sky, and hit Megaman squarely on the head.

Megaman: OUCH!!! WHAT THE HECK WAS THAT??!!

Metabee: First toasters, now this!

Sonic: <headphones on> Will you guys can it back there? I'm trying to hear my tunes!

Kirby: Can I hear some?

Sonic: Uhh…Not right now…

Stitch: Where you think we should go next?

Shadow: It's not like we have much of a choice; the road is pretty one-way…

Karin: Maybe we'll have another adventure!

Knuckles: Naw, things look pretty boring up ahead…

Me: Looks can be deceiving…

All: Oh no!

Me: Ha ha! Yep!

Coming from somewhere in the distance in front of them was a bunch of machine gun fire. Its cause was getting closer.

Amy: Here we go again…

Stitch stopped the car. Something white was coming at them. Something gray was chasing it. They then heard the screaming…

Voice 1: Leave me alone!

Voice 2: Come back! Your hair is green!

Voice 1: Go away!

Voice 2: I'd rather not!

Voice 1: Ugh!

The two finally reached the car, and the white one hid behind the car. She was an odd-looking robot, and didn't appear to have feet. Following her was a familiar looking gray robot.

Girl: Hey, can you guys help me out?

GIR: Gimme your hair!

Sumilidon: Uh…Who are you?

Girl: I am the ultra-intergalactic cybot G, Marina Liteyears!

Brass: Ooookkaaayyy…

Marina: Can you give me a hand or not?

GIR: I found you!

Marina: That's it! <grabs GIR by the head, shakes him> Shake shake!

All: O.o

Marina: <throws GIR> Yaaahh!!

GIR: Whhheeee!!! <crashes into ground> I wanna do it again!

Marina: Grr... <picks GIR up again> I've had it with you!

Marina wound up, and launched GIR into the stratosphere.

GIR: WWWWWWwwwhhheeeeeeeee……… <sparkles, disappears>

Metabee: What an arm!

Erika: So, Marina, where are you from?

Marina: A man named Professor Theo built me. That was a long time ago. We were just about to leave Earth, and then that thing showed up. He kept chasing me, and he wouldn't shut up about my hair.

Tails: Well, it is green…

Marina: <glances up at hair> So?

Ikki: Good point.

Marina: Could I catch a ride with you guys? It looks like you're headed where I'm going…

Stitch: Hop in.

Marina got into the car, And Stitch continued down the road. After a few minutes, they came to a train station. There was an Omochao outside of it. Stitch stopped, and Tails hopped out.

Tails: Look! An Omochao! <kicks Omochao>

The odd little robot fluttered up into the air, and started talking.

Omochao: This is a train station! Rides are free, and it will get you where you need to go. There is a parking space on the train nearby.

Omochao plopped back down, deactivated.

Tails: Should we go?

Stitch: Sure, why not?

Kirby: I hope it's going to go where we need to go…

Sonic: Let's do it!

Ikki: I could use a change of surroundings…

Bomberman: Maybe they'll have room service.

Megaman: And TV!

Marina: I'm up for it.

Stitch: Then it's decided! We ride train!

Everyone but Stitch got out, and he drove the car onto a train car. The little blue alien hopped out and joined his friends as they boarded the train.

Neutranurse: We're all here…So, how do you suppose we start the train?

Omochao flew past them, headed toward the engine. He had a train engineer's hat on.

Omochao: Great! I'll start the train!

A few seconds later, the train lurched forward, and started to pick up speed. Omochao's voice came over the loud speakers.

Omochao: Welcome to the Omochao express. I'm the train's engineer. Please find a cabin and relax.

Ikki: Awesome!

Tails: Let's go!

They all split up, and each individual found their own cabin; except the medabots, they stayed with their medafighters. The train chugged on into the night…

Tails: <holding a GBA with Sonic Advance> Time to secretly practice…so I can beat Sonic!

In another cabin…

Sonic: <holding a GBA with Sonic Advance> Better make the best of just sitting around…I wouldn't want Tails to get better than me…

Another cabin…

Amy: <also holding a GBA with Sonic advance> I'll figure out how to do super-great! Then I'll show those boys who's boss!

Yet another cabin…

Knuckles: <you guessed it> They don't think I play video games…Heh, not only do I play them…I rule at them!

One more cabin…

Shadow: <snore>

Another cabin…

MS-02: Recent events have been most unusual…Who are these people?

Another train car…

Rokusho sat alone in his cabin with the lights off. The mysterious medabot was staring out the window, watching the desert go by, and occasionally looking up at the moon.

Rokusho: I've traveled around a lot…always searching…But what am I looking for? The professor? A purpose? If I could only figure it out…

A different cabin…

Ikki: Well, Metabee, where do you think this train is taking us?

Metabee: I don't know, Ikki, but I hope we'll eventually get home. It's where the heart is, you know…

Ikki: Did you hear that on one of your soap operas?

Metabee: I told you! I DO NOT WATCH SOAP OPERAS!!!

Ikki: <sarcastically> Sure…

Metabee: <makes that angry noise several times> I DON'T!!

Ikki: That's about as believable as you watching the commercials in between…

Metabee: <smoke fires from missle launchers> SHUT UP, IKKI!!!!

Another cabin…

Koji: Sounds like Ikki and Metabee are fighting again…

Sumilidon: Yeah, you can hear `em right through the wall.

Koji: I still don't get how his ranking got so high.

Sumilidon: Dumb luck.

Koji: No kidding.

Another cabin…

Erika: Well, Brass, we've got SO much news for the paper when we get back!

Brass: If we get back…

Erika: Don't worry, we'll make it.

Brass: I hope you're right, Miss Erika.

Another cabin…

Karin: Neutranurse, I'm worried…

Neutranurse: About what?

Karin: I don't know if we'll be able to get back…to our time and place…

Neutranurse: Have faith.

Another car…

Kirby had a cabin full of food.

Kirby: <uses vacuum breath, sucks up food> …<chews, swallows> Yummy! …<falls over><snore>

Another cabin…

Bomberman: <has a notepad and pencil in hands> …Okay, so Megaman A steps on trap B, which drops anvil C…

Another cabin…

Megaman: <holding TV remote, channel surfing> Boring…Seen it…Infomercial…Re-run…Stupid…Hey, here we go!

TV: <musically>…Dipsy, La-la…Po!…

Another cabin…

Marina: Well, this stinks…We were supposed to leave for planet Clancer today…I guess they'll just have to wait…

Another cabin…(sensing a pattern here?)

Stitch: <dancing to Elvis music while on ceiling>

Meanwhile…

Amy: Oooh! I can't get the hang of this! <turns off GBA> Oh well…<sigh>…<stomach rumbles> Whoa, I didn't realize that I was so hungry!

Amy went around the other cabins in her car, trying to find someone to go eat with her. Here are their responses:

Tails: No way.

Knuckles: You're kidding, right?

MS-02: I do not eat.

Shadow: <SNORE>

Sonic: Uhh…

Before he could finish, Amy dragged him to the diner car.

Sonic: Hey, wait!

Omochao flew up, this time in a waiter uniform.

Omochao: When you are ready to order, let me know.

Amy: <looking at menu> The lobster…and the steak…and a large salad…and pepperoni pizza. What'll you have, Sonic?

Sonic: The uh, the mountain o' chilidogs, please…

Omochao: Thank you. You're order will be brought out soon.

No sooner had he said that than all the food they ordered was somehow carried to them by another Omochao.

Amy: Yay!

Ten minutes later…

Amy: Wow, that was good! Hey Sonic, can you excuse me for a sec?

Sonic: Sure, I guess…

Amy left the room. After a few minutes, Sonic stood up to go look for her. He was stopped by Omochao.

Omochao: Excuse me, sir, but you haven't paid the bill…<hands Sonic the bill>

Sonic: <looks at bill, turns pale>…<faints>

Amy's cabin…

Amy: I wonder if he's figured it out yet…I guess that'll teach him to lock me in a closet!

Sonic washed dishes for the rest of the trip. Everyone else eventually got some sleep. When they woke up, the train was still moving. After everyone was awake and ready to go about their day, they all went to the observation car.

Marina: What a view!

Kirby: <trying to get through the crowd> Where? <puffs up, flies over everyone's heads> <thinking> Wow…

Me: Okay, this story isn't going anywhere…I'll try to fix that next chapter…

That's all for now, stay tuned.

Have an idea for a chapter for this story? Send it in! (You will get credit if I use it.)