Fan Fiction / Medabots Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ The Big Mix-Up ❯ New York Scares Me ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Legal Stuff:

I don't own any of the characters in this story. They are the properties of their respective owners.

Author's Notes:

I've got some more of Scotty CF's stuff for this chapter. Go read her fics. I command you! If you do, you'll be able to figure out when this chapter takes place in relation to his `On the Road' fic.

Chapter 6: New York Scares Me

Stitch was driving through the middle of nowhere (but you already knew that, didn't you?) when…

Amy: Are we gonna actually go somewhere this chapter?

Ikki: Yeah, I'd like to visit a place that actually exists for once.

Me: My house exists.

Ikki: I mean like a city or something.

Bomberman: I've always wanted to go to New York…

Tails: The city or the state?

Bomberman: The city, of course…But I guess you'd have to be in the state, too.

Stitch: Okay, but where is it?

Erika: <pointing> I think it's 600 miles that way…

Sumilidon: What makes you say that?

Erika: <points at sign>

The sign she pointed at very clearly and boldly stated:

________________________

| |

| NEW YORK |

| 600 MILES THAT WAY |

| - - > |

|________________________|

Sumilidon: Oh.

Metabee: That's kind of a weird sign…I wonder who put it there…

Me: Ahem…

Metabee: Ohhh…

Knuckles: 600 miles is kind of a long way…It'll take us a while…

Me: You forget, Stitch is driving one of my favorite cars…

At that moment, the car's engine roared fiercely, and the Impala shot forward, tires squealing, mufflers flaming, leaving everything behind it in a cloud of dust. It disappeared down the road as its passengers held on for dear life.

Sonic: <screaming over engine noise> Hey, this thing is goin' faster than me!

Shadow: It's quite a ride!

Koji: We're all gonna die!!

598 miles later, the skyscrapers of New York were visible on the horizon. The car began to slow down, taking both of the two remaining miles to get to a safe speed and avoid sending its occupants through the windshield. Stitch turned to see everyone else, a huge grin on his face. The victims of the speedy rush (those with hair, anyway) all had hair blown back even farther than Sonic's. Stitch drove them through the enormous city of New York, and everyone stared at the buildings that towered above them. They were passing a bank when…

Metabee: Hey, Stitch, stop the car…I think somethin's goin' down in that bank!

Stitch: <stops car> Stitch sees something too!

It was about then that several armed men in black suits and ski masks burst out the doors of the bank, carrying lumpy bags of something.

Rokusho: <jumps out of car, chases after thief> Thief! Stop!!

Rokusho sliced through the top of the bag with his chanbara sword right-arm, causing the rest to drop to the ground and reveal the money inside. He then decked the guy in the back with his Pipo hammer left-arm, knocking him to the ground.

Sonic: We have to stop them! <runs after the rest of them, followed by Tails, Knuckles, Bomberman, and Metabee>

Metabee: Eat lead! <fires several shots from revolver right-arm, hitting one man in the ankles>

Bomberman: You're goin' down! <throws bomb at another thief, which explodes after knocking him down>

Sonic: Say goodnight! <jump-kicks another thief>

Knuckles: Enough corny action phrases! <uppercuts yet another thief>

Tails: No kidding! <picks up another guy, flies up, and throws him into street>

Rokusho: There's two left! They went down that alley! <runs toward alley>

They all ran up to the entrance to the alley, and looked down it to see the remaining two thieves tied up to each other, with tape over their mouths. Behind them was a green hedgehog with blue eyes and orange shoes, among other things, and he was finishing one of the knots that bound the criminals. Upon finishing it, he looked up to see the confused heroes staring at him.

Scotty: Sonic? Is that you?

Sonic: How'd you know my name?

[remember that the Mobians in my fic aren't exactly the same as the ones in Scotty CF's fic, and have never heard of Scotty. (or even been to Earth, for that matter)]

Scotty: Is something wrong, Sonic? I thought you were touring the country…

Tails: It seems like we've been touring the middle of nowhere…

Knuckles: Who are you?

Scotty: Don't you guys remember me? Scotty Silas Staff, the hedgehog?

Knuckles: <sarcastically> Uh…No.

Rokusho: I think we have a problem here…

Stitch pulled up to them in the car, just as police car sirens could be heard in the distance, coming toward them.

Bomberman: We're gonna have company…

Scotty: Time to go…<runs up side of building, and out of sight>

Rokusho: Ditto. <crouches for a split second before leaping vertically in a flash, disappearing from sight>

Bomberman: <getting in Stitch's car> I think they're right…

Rokusho: <lands in car> Come on, let's get out of here!

Sonic, Tails, and Knuckles: <get in car>

Sonic: All right, but I still want to know who that was…

Tails: He said his name was Scotty.

Sonic: Yeah, I heard his name, but who is he?

Knuckles: He looked a lot like you, Sonic.

Stitch: Let's go! <drives car away from area>

They drove through the city, trying to find Scotty in hopes of finding out why they were in this chapter. It was getting late, and they still hadn't found the mysterious green hedgehog.

Tails: Sonic, we've been looking for hours! It's getting dark, and I'm getting tired…

Sonic: I'm gonna find him one way or another…

Knuckles: <annoyed> You mean there's another way?

Sonic: It's a figure of speech, Knucklehead…

Brass: It is getting late, though. Perhaps we should find a place to stay for the night.

Neutranurse: Brass is right.

Shadow: <quietly> I don't need sleep! <falls asleep>

MS-02: It would seem that you do. However, I cannot sleep, nor do I require rest.

Metabee: Medabots have a sleep mode, but I don't think I need it.

Ikki: Is there a point to this conversation?

Sumilidon: Not really.

Erika: Then let's find a place for those of us who do need sleep!

Stitch: Here's a place…Sign says `Ritz'

[I have no idea if New York has a Ritz hotel or not. For my fic, it does.]

Karin: That's one of the most expensive hotels in the world…

Koji: And one of the best.

Ikki: We can't afford to stay there!

Me: Oh really? Wouldn't it be nice if they just happen to have a night where it's free for you guys?

Sonic: What are you getting at?

Me: Just a second…<talking to owner of Ritz> Ahem…Give my friends your best, most deluxe rooms for free or else!

Owner: Or else what?

Me: I will destroy this place, rebuild it with me as the owner, and cause your chain of hotels to become one-star junk piles!

Owner: Oh my goodness!! Okay, okay, they can have whatever they want, just don't make us a one-star hotel chain!

Me: That's what I thought…<to Sonic and the others> Okay, everyone, I got you all the best rooms in the hotel.

Megaman: Awesome!

Bomberman: How'd you get out of the trunk?

Megaman: <shrugs>

They all went in while the valet parked Stitch's car. As they entered he highest stories of the building, they began to realize how long it had been since they had slept. Exiting the elevator, they found their way to the super-deluxe suites which, thanks to my author power, are huge, have fountains, giant mirrors, ultra-comfortable beds, etc. Why? Because I can. Each anime series got their own room. Most of them were asleep when they hit the pillow, but Sonic couldn't stop thinking about his encounter with Scotty.

Sonic: <thinking> Scotty…Who or what is he? And how did he know me?

Sonic got up, and walked over to the window. He stared out across the city, which was lit up from top to bottom. The sound of his movement woke Amy up. She was in the bed next to Sonic's, and only she had been awakened.

Amy: <sleepily> What's the matter, Sonic?

Sonic: <quietly> I couldn't stop thinking about that green hedgehog…He acted like he knew us…

Amy: I know; you told us all about it seven times…

Sonic: I can't sleep…I have to find him…

They hadn't realized that they were being overheard by MS-02, who sat in a chair in the shadows of the dark room. His glowing red eyes were the only things visible.

MS-02: <quietly> I will go with you.

Sonic: Good, I'm gonna need help…

Amy: Be careful, you two…

Sonic: We will, Amy. Go to sleep…

Amy: <yawn>…Okay…Goodnight, Sonnie.

Sonic: Come on, Metal…Let's go…<thinking> I really wish she wouldn't call me Sonnie…

MS-02: <opens door quietly> Very well.

They left the hotel, in search of Scotty. The city was still alive at night, and the noise and lights were starting to get to a somewhat drowsy Sonic.

Sonic: I don't know how much more of this I can take, Metal…Maybe we should've stayed at the hotel. All this hustle and bustle is giving me a headache.

MS-02: Perhaps flying would be a good alternative. It has many advantages.

Sonic: I guess so…Plus it'll get me away from all this noise…

MS-02: Very well.

Sonic wrapped his arm around MS-02's neck, placed one foot on the robot's foot, and prepared for flight.

MS-02: Hold on tight.

Sonic: Believe me, I will.

They took off, surprising everyone around them. MS-02 had a lot of control while flying, thanks to the booster jet in each foot that aided the main jet in his body. They flew a few hundred feet off the ground, not knowing how they'd find Scotty.

Sonic: Is it legal to fly like this?

MS-02: I do not know…or care.

Sonic: That's not like you, Metal.

MS-02: You've shown me that sometimes you have to break the rules.

Sonic: I did?

MS-02: Probably.

Me: Yet another pointless conversation. Let's try to stick to the story, shall we?

Sonic: So just how are we gonna find this guy?

MS-02: I have been scanning for another hedgehog since we left the hotel. However, interference from the city has limited my range.

Sonic: Okay…But that doesn't quite answer my question.

MS-02: I guess we'll keep flying around until one of us sees something.

Sonic: Makes sense to me.

They flew around the city, looking for the elusive green hedgehog. After half an hour or so, MS-02 picked up something unusual. As he flew toward it, they began to see an odd-looking building. Metal landed in front of it, and set Sonic down beside him. They approached the front door of the place, only to see someone open it. That same someone walked up to Sonic. It was Scotty the crime fighter.

Scotty: Sonic? What are you doing here? And…who is that robot…it looks like Metal Sonic!

Sonic: Slow down, one question at a time. First of all, yes, I am Sonic. And yes, that is Metal Me.

MS-02: Greetings. You must be Scotty.

Scotty: That's my name…But…Why are you here?

Sonic: Long story.

Scotty: And what about you, Metal Sonic? What do you want?

MS-02: You misunderstand. I am not evil.

Scotty: <suspiciously> Sure…

Sonic: Can we focus here? Okay, Scotty, who are you?

Scotty: Are you feeling all right, Sonic? We're best friends, remember?

Sonic: I'm fine. What do you mean we're best friends?

Scotty: No, something's wrong with you. Come inside, maybe Dr. Arrow can figure it out.

Sonic: Dr. Who?

Scotty: It's worse than I thought…<takes Sonic's arm> Come on, buddy.

MS-02: Let's go with him. Perhaps we can straighten this out.

Sonic: I guess so.

They all walked into the base, and Scotty kept track of MS-02. He was cautious about this robot, which looked so much like the one that had given him and his friends a lot of trouble in the past. MS-02 realized this, and was careful not to make a wrong move. A lot of people were surprised and afraid of the robot, and could be heard whispering their worry to each other. They eventually found Dr. Arrow in one of the labs. Billy was in there, too, staring into a microscope. He didn't really notice them come in.

Scotty: Dr. Arrow, I think something's wrong with Sonic…He was brought here by…<points at MS-02>

that…

Dr. Arrow: Metal Sonic? That thing brought him here? I can't tell if that surprises me more than the fact that you let that mechanical monstrosity in here!

All this commotion caught Billy's attention. He looked up, and was shocked to see MS-02 standing in his lab. The robot was about as big as Sonic, but it seemed larger, and very ominous. It was probably due to the angry expression that was forged into the metal of the robot's face. He certainly looked evil.

Billy: Metal Sonic?! What's he doing here?!

MS-02: I assure you, I am not-

Billy: <interrupting> Look at the construction of this machine! Everything's so precise…<places hand on MS-02's arm> This is a strange alloy…

Dr. Arrow: Young one, get away from that thing!

Billy: <realizes what he was doing> Uh-oh…<backs away>

MS-02: <thinking> I really wish people wouldn't see me as evil…

Dr. Arrow: Scotty, leave Sonic here, and I'll have a look at him. In the meantime, I need you to get that horrid machine out of this place!

MS-02: <thinking> My predecessor must've really done some bad things to these people…

Scotty: Yes sir…Let's go, you terrible contraption…

MS-02: Just what have I done to any of you?

Sonic: Yeah, quit talking to my friend like that!

Dr. Arrow: Your friend? Sonic, something must be wrong with you…

Sonic: I'm telling you, I'm fine! Now I want to know how you guys know me!

MS-02: I, too, would like to know.

Scotty: You heard the doctor, you've gotta go. We can't risk having you around here.

Sonic: Either Metal stays, or I go.

Billy: You've gone mad, Sonic!

Sonic: I am not crazy!

Scotty: Um…I'm getting a little confused…

Sonic: This is getting too weird for me! I'm outta here!

Dr. Arrow: You can't go! We need to get your mind back to normal!

Sonic: Oh no you don't! Nobody's messin' with my mind! Let's go, Metal.

MS-02: Acknowledged.

Scotty: Uh…Doctor?

Dr. Arrow: Hmm…Let him go.

Billy: What?!

Scotty: You can't be serious!

Dr. Arrow: I said let him go.

Scotty: I hope the insanity isn't contagious…Well, Sonic, it looks like you and that walking death machine are free to go.

Billy: You can't let this happen!

But it did happen. They left the building, and flew back to the hotel. Sonic planned to return tomorrow, when he had rested, and try again. He was determined to find out what was going on.

Back at the base…

Scotty: I'm not too sure about this, doctor.

Dr. Arrow: I have a plan. Scotty, you should follow him…See if you can find out the truth.

Scotty: Oh, I get it…Good idea.

Billy: It sounds risky to me.

Scotty: Everything is, Billy. Well, wish me luck! <runs off after Sonic and MS-02>

Sonic and Metal arrived at the hotel a little before midnight. They had no idea that they were being followed by a certain green hedgehog. Scotty stood on a rooftop not far from the Ritz, trying to figure out what was going on. After a moment or two of thought, he leaned against one of the trees that grew on the rooftop's garden. [Okay, so such a thing probably doesn't exist, but just go with it] He stared at the hotel, a thousand different possibilities racing through his mind. His train of thought was soon interrupted by a voice above him.

Rokusho: <on a high tree branch above Scotty> Don't worry about them.

Scotty: <surprised> Wha?…Who's there? <looks up, sees Rokusho> Hey, I remember you! You were with Sonic and the others! Who are you?

Rokusho: My name…is of no importance.

Scotty: What do you want?

Rokusho: Look down there at the streets…

Scotty: <glances at street> Yeah, a bunch of people…So what?

Rokusho: Those people go about their lives everyday, never knowing how much danger they'd be in without people like you.

Scotty: What do you mean?

Rokusho: <lets an ant walk onto his finger, and then holds it up and looks at it> They go about trying to make a perfect world for themselves…like these ants…I love insects. Watching them build their world brings me great peace.

Scotty: I don't follow…

Rokusho: You are a crime fighter, aren't you?

Scotty: How can you tell?

Rokusho: What would this place be like without you?

Scotty: Not too good, I bet…Hey, wait a minute! Stop trying to change the subject!

Rokusho: You want to know about them? Look inside yourself. They are not criminals. I know; I've seen them in action.

Scotty: Why should I believe you?

Rokusho: I can't make you believe me. I can only tell you that they are your friends.

Scotty: Sonic is, but that robot is one of the most vile things I know.

Rokusho: Is he? What has he done to you, or anyone, for that matter?

Scotty: Well, uh…Hey, that's not the point! Who are you?!

Rokusho: My name isn't important. That robot is not evil. You must trust him, like your friends trust you.

Scotty: What are you talking about?

Rokusho: You, too, were considered a vile thing. But now, you're a friend to many, and a trusted member of this city.

Scotty: Metal Sonic has never done anything good.

Rokusho: Not the one you know. But this one is different, and he's one of us.

Scotty: Us?

Rokusho: He is one of my friends.

Scotty: How many friends do you have, anyway?

Rokusho: Not many. <jumps down from tree, walks up to Scotty> I find myself lacking the time to have very many. <walking past Scotty> My name is…Rokusho.

Scotty: Rokusho…

Rokusho: <crouches slightly for a split second before leaping vertically, disappearing from sight; this action makes a loud hydraulic noise>

Scotty: He…disappeared…What did he mean by all the stuff he said? Man, this is a lot to think about…

Scotty decided to return to the base, and try to figure things out. Rokusho silently entered the Ritz hotel, found his room, and went into sleep mode. It had been an uneasy night for a lot of people.

The next morning…

The fluffy lump that was a half-asleep Tails stirred, starting to wake up. He slowly got out of bed, stretched his arms, and yawned. Knuckles, in a nearby bed, groggily looked at the fox.

Knuckles: <sleepily> Hey Tails, <yawn> what time is it?

Tails: <also sleepily> Early…How long have you been up?

Knuckles: Ever since very early.

Tails: Oh…

They stared at each other for a moment, and then cracked up laughing. As you could imagine, this woke up Amy and Sonic. The hedgehogs forced themselves out of their beds, and wondered what was so funny. They were still too tired to care, so they didn't mind not getting a response. MS-02 noticed that Shadow was not yet awake, and indicated it to his friends.

Sonic: <walks up to Shadow, who is still asleep> Hey, Shadow, wake up…

Shadow: <eyes closed, but very much awake> I've been awake since you came back…I don't need much sleep.

Sonic: Oh…Well, in that case, get up.

Shadow: <smirking> The ultimate life form doesn't have to listen to you.

Sonic: <sarcastically> Okay, fine. Stay here, see if I care. <smiles>

Shadow: Are you going to stop bothering me?

Sonic: Nope.

Shadow: Then I guess I'll get up. <sits up, gets out of bed>

Meanwhile…

Metabee's green eyes lit up, and the yellow medabot sat up, looking around. He was the only one in the room that was awake. Having little desire to be polite, he shouted…

Metabee: <yelling> Hey, everybody! WAKE UP!!

Everyone more or less jumped out of bed, ready to defend against a non-existent threat. Upon seeing that there wasn't one, they glared at Metabee for numerous reasons.

Ikki: What the heck was that?!

Erika: Metabee! You scared us half to death!

Metabee: <not quite honest> Sorry.

Koji: You're gonna be sorry!

Karin: Thank you, Metabee.

All: What?!

Karin: It's good to get up early.

Ikki: I totally agree! Thanks, Metabee!

Koji: Yeah, Karin's right!

Erika: <sigh> Whatever…

Rokusho: I prefer to sleep in, but today is special.

Brass: What makes you say that?

Rokusho: The author told me last night.

Sumilidon: Oookkaaayyy…

Ikki: Well, since we're up, how about some breakfast?

In the other room…

Stitch: <opens one eye slightly, then opens both; blinks several times> <yawn> Time get up…

Stitch got out of bed, picked up Kirby, and threw him at Bomberman. The rubbery pink ball screamed as it flew through the air, and impacted Bomberman's face, waking him up. He was so startled by this, that he leapt out of bed, and crashed into Megaman, waking him up as well. After a lot of `ow!'s and `what was that for?!'s they eventually got a grip as far as sanity goes.

Me: Isn't it interesting to see how the people who save the world start their day? My favorite is Stitch's method, but I wouldn't want to try it.

Later that day…

Sonic: Okay, guys, I'm gonna go see if I can make sense of that green hedgehog.

Tails: We should go with you, Sonic.

Sonic: Everyone's invited!

Rokusho: I should tell you, the Scotty you met yesterday may not act the same way today…

Sonic: <confused> Um…Oookkaaayyy…

Stitch: Then let's go!

After the valet returned Stitch's car, everyone got in, and Stitch followed MS-02's directions to the base. Traffic wouldn't have cooperated, but I decided to `move' it out of the way…Rocket launchers are very useful. Anyway, they arrived at the base, and Stitch parked the car nearby. Everyone walked up to the front doors of it, and…

Tails: Do we knock?

Shadow: Perhaps we should just open them…

Metabee: I'm with spikey on this one…<opens door>

Shadow: What did you call me?

They nervously followed Metabee in. The bold medabot decided to call out Scotty's name several times before Ikki convinced him to stop. It wasn't long before the green hedgehog approached the rather odd-looking group, an walked up to Sonic.

Scotty: Sonic, you're back!…And it looks like you brought friends…

Sonic: Yeah, We're all here. Now, Scotty, tell me…Just who are you, what are you, how do you know me, and why do you think I'm crazy?

Scotty: Uh…Tails, Knuckles…Help me out here, would ya?

Tails: I'm as lost as Sonic is.

Knuckles: We don't know anymore about you than Sonic does.

Scotty: <genuinely confused> Okay. I'm going to walk away now. <starts slowly walking backwards> And hopefully, I will find out that I'm the crazy one, because otherwise, things are really messed up…

Stitch: Stitch thinks he's lost it.

Scotty: Did that blue koala just talk? Okay, now I know I've gone off the deep end.

Stitch: Stitch not koala!

Scotty: Shadow, please tell me you know what's going on here!

Shadow: Of course I do.

Scotty: Well?

Shadow: We're trying to find out who you are.

Scotty: <face vault> That's not what I meant!

Shadow: <shrugs> Well, that's what's happening.

Scotty: Ugh! Amy, have you lost your mind, too?

Sonic: You mean more so than normal?

Amy: I'll ignore that. Anyway, I'm sorry, Scotty. I'm clueless.

Knuckles: As usual.

Amy: <hits Knuckles with hammer>

Scotty: This isn't getting us anywhere.

Me: Time to intervene…

Scotty: Hey, where's that voice coming from?

Ikki: You get used to it after a while.

Me: Okay, Scotty. As of this moment, you and your friends know about how all these other guys got to be here, and why they don't know you. As for the rest of you…You now know about Scotty and his friends, and why he thought he knew you.

Scotty: Whoa…That was weird…For some reason, I know all about you guys…

Sonic: You eventually get used to that, too.

Tails: So, you thought we were the guys you knew…They must've been the ones in that RV!

Me: So, you figured it out, huh? Good for you.

Scotty: I guess that explains a lot.

Kirby: So what's next?

Bomberman: This is usually the part where the author torments us with some new challenge…

Me: Well, I was gonna let you guys relax today, but that's good, too.

Megaman: You just had to open your mouth, didn't you?

Bomberman: I'm not sure if I have a mouth.

Megaman: Yet another reason why I'm cool and you're not.

<KABOOM!>

Megaman: Ow…So now I can't even express my opinions?!

Me: No.

Megaman: Grrr…

Billy: <walks into room> I had a strange urge to come in here…<sees everyone> Oh…Hello…

Scotty: Hey, Bill, what's up?

Billy: I really don't know.

Scotty: You? Not knowing something? I find that hard to believe.

Billy: As do I.

MS-02: <thinking> I wonder if they'll trust me now…<walks up to Scotty>

Scotty: Hey, I know you…For some reason…I don't hate you…

MS-02: Well, nice to see you too.

Scotty: Sorry, this is kinda strange…

Billy: I am not afraid…but why…

Scotty: Yeah, freaky, isn't it?…Hey, Billy, have you seen Sonya?

Billy: <annoyed> Last I heard, she was still on that cruise ship, where she's been for the past two weeks…

Scotty: What's with you?

Billy: you've only been asking me that same question everyday for the past ten days!

Scotty: I just miss her, that's all.

Billy: Well, she'll be back real soon, I'm sure.

Stitch: <yawn> Stitch bored…

Me: I can fix that!

Koji: Uh-oh…

There was an explosion from somewhere outside. They all ran out to investigate, and were horrified by what they saw. Hundreds of large spider robots were emerging from the water, and attacking everything in their path. Each one was about the size of a car, and was firing missiles at buildings, cars, people, etc. Behind them, an even larger version of Giganko was coming out of the ocean, and began to attack the nearest buildings. Swarms of SWATbots invaded the city, and caused much destruction. A video screen flew up in front of Scotty and the others. On it appeared the faces of Robotnik, Zim, and Dr. MedaEvil.

Dr. MedaEvil: You may have beaten us before…

Robotnik: But when we attack together…

Zim: We are unstoppable!

Scotty: You! This is your doing!

Billy: They attacked so quickly…and caused so much destruction…

Sonic: We're gonna take `em down!

Ikki: But how?

Metabee: It's time to get Meda-physical!

Rokusho: This is insane! They must be stopped!

Scotty: <takes out emerald sword, activates it> Then let's start!

They all ran toward the nearest enemy, and began to attack. They were trying their hardest, but the robots kept coming. Rokusho and Metabee even tried using the medaforce, but it only destroyed a few hundred SWATbots, which were quickly replaced. Things weren't looking good.

Stitch: Stitch call IMPACT! <does so>

Even with IMPACT, they could not repel the invaders. However, the robot did have, well, an impact on the population of evil robots. Eventually, the even-larger-than-normal Giganko defeated IMPACT with its ultra powerful attacks. The robots kept coming.

Sonic: Scotty, this isn't working!

Scotty: I know, but what can we do? We just have to keep trying!

Shadow: I'll never give up!

Me: <thinking> Hmm…what do you get when you mix three hedgehogs, seven chaos emeralds, and impossible odds? Well, they have two of those requirements, so I'd better toss in the third…

Sonic, Scotty, and Shadow found themselves surrounded by robots. They were back to back with each other, and wondering what to do next. And then…

Sonic: Hey! Look up there!

Shadow: What is that?

Scotty: I don't know!

The seven chaos emeralds floated down from above, and encircled the three hedgehogs.

Shadow: The chaos emeralds!

Scotty: But how?!

Sonic: Who cares! They're here, and I say we use `em!

All: Yeah!

The emeralds began to spin around in a circle around the hedgehogs, which began to glow. They felt the power surge through their veins as they changed into their super forms. Super Sonic, Hyper Shadow, and Sterling Scotty arose, ready to fight. The power burst that their formation produced destroyed the nearby SWATbots, and the three ultra-powerful hedgehogs flew into the air, and took off in their own directions.

Scotty: You will pay for attacking my city! <flies through a spider robot, destroying it>

Sonic: I've had enough of these guys! <flies through several hundred SWATbots, blowing them up>

Shadow: Now I truly am the ultimate life form! <flies through and destroys another spider robot>

Working together, they began to dramatically reduce the number of evil robots. The invaders finally began to stop coming, since there just weren't enough of them left to have an endless flow. Between the super hedgehogs and the efforts of everyone else, each of the SWATbots were eventually destroyed. Most of the spider robots were gone, too.

Metabee: It's finally working!

Sumilidon: There's just a few more spiders left!

Koji: Quick! Get rid of them!

Erika: Go Brass!

Brass: Say goodbye! <shoots spider robot>

Scotty: Let's squash these bugs! <flies feet-first into a spider robot, destroying it>

Stitch: Stitch no like spiders! <swings spider robot around above his head, then throws it>

Bomberman: Demolitions expert coming through! <uses bombs to blow up another spider robot>

Megaman: <being squeezed by a spider robot> Tails is a freak!

<KABOOM!>

The spider robot burst into pieces from Megaman's explosion. I guess he found a use for it after all. Oh well.

One of the last spider robots was standing on the remains of another spider robot. The destroyed robot's fuel tank was leaking. Tails and Billy were nearby.

Tails: Hmm…Hey, Billy, you got a plasma torch?

Billy: As a matter of fact, I do…<takes out torch, hands it to Tails>

Tails: <grins> Thanks…<lights torch, ignites fuel>

The trail of fuel burned from where they were standing all the way back to the destroyed robot. After the fire entered the robot's tank, it exploded with enough force to knock Tails and Billy down, and destroy the robot on top of it.

Tails: <returns torch to Billy>

Billy: That was spectacular!

Knuckles: Hey Amy, I heard that robot call you ugly!

Amy: WHAAAATTT??!! <hammers the crap out of a spider robot>

MS-02: I cannot permit you to exist! <body slams a spider robot, destroying it>

Erika: There's just one left!

At that moment, Metalporygon's foot smashed the last remaining spider robot. The gigantic Metalporygon had finally become a part of my fic. Hurrah!

Metalporygon: Make that none left.

Scotty: Whoa! Where did that thing come from?!

Metalporygon: I am from the author's imagination!

Billy: Most interesting…

Tails: No kidding!

Billy: The lack of connections between the parts is intriguing!

Knuckles: I hope that guy's on our side!

Metalporygon: I am.

Ikki: This is great, but we still have Giganko to deal with!

Shadow: Let's take him down!

By now, Giganko had decimated half the city. No one was happy with him. Pulling together, everyone attacked the giant robot at the same time, severely damaging it.

MS-02: Excellent work, everyone. However, it seems we have damaged the robot's power generator-I'm picking up unusually high readings…

Metalporygon: Hedgehogs, come with me! The rest of you, get out of here!

Metalporygon and the three hedgehogs used all their might to lift Giganko up, and then fly him into space.

Scotty: Now, let's finish this thing off!

Metalporygon: <throws Giganko away from Earth> Now you die!

They all focused their energy into a final attack onto the robot. They quickly made their way back to what was left of New York. Giganko exploded just as they landed, and it was quite a fireworks show. The hedgehogs ran out of energy, and returned to their normal forms. Metalporygon flew away, perhaps never to be seen again.

Knuckles: It's over.

Scotty: New York…look at it…

Sonic: Wow…I didn't realize just how mashed up this place got…

Me: I'll fix it…AUTHOR POWER!!

Within a time of about 30 seconds, the city reassembled itself, and all was as it was that morning. The buildings were there, the people were happy, and the only ones who knew that anything had happened were our heroes. It's good to be the author.

Sonic: Well, it's been nice meeting you, Scotty, but we've gotta go.

Scotty: Maybe we'll meet again, Sonic.

Sonic: Maybe…

They shook hands. Waving goodbye, they got back in Stitch's car, and he began to drive off. Scotty and Billy returned to their base. Stitch was exiting the city just as a familiar-looking RV entered it…

And that's it for this chapter.

Now, go read Scotty's stuff!

Please review!