Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Moving Ahead ❯ The Power of the Mind ( Chapter 5 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon. Trust me; I'm broke. u.u

This is long! It wasn't supposed to be this long, but I added.

And I made up another Indigo Plateau Competition! I feel so smart, or something.

And Ash is now officially fourteen in the story! Happy Birthday! ^^

Note! There's the top ten Pokémon Masters. What they are… well… they come to Indigo Plateau every year and they're the best in the world. So that means the one at number one IS the World's Greatest Pokémon Master. That is all.
And before you go and complain… I don't know the exact time when boys go into puberty! So no complaining, okay? If it seems too early… oh look, puberty came early for Ash!
Oh, and yes, I promised to tell you who Mk was… she's Ash's future daughter. That is all.
And the strength… the higher the number, the stronger you are. As for the word Ingrevated, it's not important. It just makes you stronger when it happens. That is all, yet again.
AND THE *icwh* ARE GONE! Now it's like h---. It looks better. ^_^

---
The Timetravelers: MA
Part Five: The Power of the Mind

July 15th, 1999
Indigo Plateau (Indigo Town), noon

There were two competitions at Indigo Plateau. The first one, the one Ash had already been to, was over. The other one was for people like Ash: trainers who had already gotten most of the badges or had proven themselves at that skill. The trainers go through the competition to see who is the best (when it comes to the amateurs anyway). There were some very tough trainers (including, of all people, Misty.) Ash, for the first time in his life, had WON! Then if you won, you could give the top Ten Pokémon Masters in the world a shot. Of course, Ash had gone for Giovanni, who still had his title as the World's Greatest Pokémon Master. (He had gotten it back.) The battle was a hard-fought one. Ash had been training extremely hard since the 21st of March for this moment, and there was no way he was going to lose now. It was down to the wire: Ash's Pikachu against Giovanni's Riachu. They were getting tired, very tired. Then Ash and Giovanni ordered them to use their Thunderbolt attack, and there was quite an explosion. By the time the smoke cleared, there were two very exhausted Pokémon on the field. Then Riachu stood there… and fainted. Then there was a huge celebration scene.

Indigo Plateau: Where dreams come true. That was their slogan, and for Ash, it was very true. He had gotten one goal in his life: become the World's Greatest Pokémon Master. Now he was set for life! It was also true for Misty, who had beaten the best Water Pokémon Master. So part of her dream was accomplished too. So, they went to Indigo, kicked butt, game over.

Or… is it?

The next day, Ash, Misty, and Giovanni were sitting in their apartment, thinking about what they should do. Giovanni was holding a pamphlet for some new restaurant in town.

"It's called the Golden Grub, and it sounds excellent!" he said.

"I heard it was run by Team Rocket." Ash's voice had changed recently, and Misty loved it!

"Come on, we can take 'em!"

"I don't know if you are aware of this, but when I was at the Celedon Mansion, I heard my grandma and aunt were re-designing Team Rocket. It's mostly psychic grunts now."

"Come on, please?" Giovanni begged. They gave in.

"But if we get captured, it's all your fault!" Misty said. They went down to the fast-food restaurant. When they got in there, they saw that everything was gold, from the seats to the wrapping on the hamburgers. They never got to order food though; psychic Team Rocket grunts found them first and teleported them all to a secret base. The room they were in was all white, except for TV screen, which had a smiling Adia on it.

"Hello, little brat cousin of mine and his friends. If I were there, you'd be learning serious manners. But I'm too young, so I have sixty psychic grunts that can teach you instead. Bye Bye!" Then they all came in, and they gripped them. They all screamed, considering that thirty people were gripping them at once. It felt like every molecule in their body was on fire, a pain beyond description. Misty was the first one out, then followed by the guys…

* * *

Ash woke up to see his aunt Lisa and Misty on the floor. She was white and Ash could barley tell that she was breathing.

"Hello children." She smiled and looked at Misty. "Too bad your girlfriend here is going to die."

Ash picked her up and felt that she was cold as ice. "She… isn't?" Ash had tears in his eyes.

"She's been exposed to too much psychic radiation. She'll die in fifteen minutes if not treated, and I'm not doing it. She deserves to die." Lisa smiled coldly.

"You b----! This is all your idea, isn't it!?" Ash asked.

"Of course! And your guardian fell for the bait too! What luck! And soon, my nephew, you'll be back in the Mansion where you belong! Bwahaha!"

Ash was holding Misty like a rag doll in his arms. The emotional pain was unbearable. She didn't do anything to Team Rocket… why did she have to die? Tears fell down Ash's cheek. Then, he felt something he'd never felt before. It wasn't an emotion, more like some sort of power. Something had changed in an instant. Then, Misty's body started glowing blue. She seemed to get a little better as she glowed longer. Ash knew instinctively that he had to hold on, or whatever was happening wouldn't work. Then, he held out one of his hands, and a beam of energy came out. It was similar to Mk's psybeams, but it was focused into a straight beam and it was blue. It hit Lisa in the chest, and she fell to the floor, looking dead.

Misty regained consciousness. "I can't move," she said with much difficulty. Ash picked her up and walked off. He was still shocked about what had just happened.

"How in the world did I do that?!" he thought. But there was no time to think about it more because they had to go or get caught. They got outside. Nobody was around.

Later, Ash was carrying Misty still, having no luck of finding civilization. Misty still couldn't move, but could talk a little.

"Where are we going?" she croaked.

"I have no clue. I'm lost."

"Figures," Ash heard Misty say. "He couldn't get anywhere without directions!"

Ash was offended. How dare she say that! Ash could survive without a map in his opinion. He'd eventually find a city, and then get to Indigo Town from there.

"You shouldn't say that. I'll get us out of this," he said.

"Ash… I didn't say anything." He stopped in his tracks. Then who spoke? He was absolutely sure that it was Misty talking; whom else could it be out in the middle of nowhere? So he decided to stop by a river and clear his mind.

"That beam that came out of my hand- not real. That comment- not real," he thought. "It must be an illusion or something… or maybe I'm just imagining things…"

Ash put Misty down on some grass and closed his eyes, trying to clear his mind. That's when he heard Misty again.

"You know, I think laying here is very soothing. Maybe it'll help me get some energy. I feel like every last bit of energy got sucked out of me…" she said.

"Did you say anything?" Ash asked Misty.

"No, I didn't."

Ash again tried to clear his mind, hoping to hear any signs of civilization nearby. That's when he heard tons of voices coming from his head. The voices were there, talking, laughing, crying, yelling, whispering, all there, filling his head. Ash couldn't take it anymore and yelled.

"AAH! GET OUT OF MY HEAD!!!" Misty tried looking at him the best she could while laying there on the grass.

"Who's in you head?" Ash then noticed that they were all gone now, but how did they get there in the first place?

"I don't know… they were there one moment and gone the next…" He then again tried to clear his mind. Now he focused on the police station where Mk was, doing Indigo Duty. Maybe if he could somehow get Misty and him there… he could just imagine them in front of the police station now…

The next thing he knew, he didn't hear the calm sounds of the river. There were tons of voices again. Ash opened his eyes to see that they were now, somehow, in front of the police station. He then picked Misty up again, wondering how they had gotten there.

Mk looked at Ash through the window, totally shocked. "No… way… I would have known… there's just no way… it wasn't there in the future… he would have told us, his family, and he always said he didn't… and I didn't sense it at all, like everyone else, even in this time…" she said. "Impossible… can't be… but the evidence is there, staring at my face…" Then they walked in.

"Hey Mk," Ash said, still very confused.

"I can't believe it!" she said to Ash.

"Believe what?" he asked.

"Somehow… you have psychic powers."

They all laughed, but Mk was not kidding at all. "I'm serious! First I saw you teleport to the front door, then I sensed it! I'd know!"

"Ash, psychic? I've heard people say that he has no potential at all," Misty said. "There's just no way."

"And I was on that list myself. But I can prove it now! Ash, have you done anything that you know that you couldn't have done normally? Feel different? Changed?"

Ash explained what had happened. Mk pointed a finger at Ash.

"A-ha! There's no way you could have taken all that radiation from her otherwise! So I rest my case." Then they were teleported to a hospital, where they dropped off Misty for treatment. Then Mk took Ash to the Psychic Institute in Viridian City. They did the test to get his strength determined, which was in a white room with a TV screen. Ash got hooked up with wires on his head. He felt like a lab rat.

"Ok. This won't hurt. All you have to do is think, don't say, what the images on the screen are. The computer will then pop out a number, and that's your strength, non-ingrevated." Then objects appeared on the screen. Ash did as told. When the test was over, the testers whistled, amazed at the results.

"Wow! 8.2! That's amazing. Very few get there ingrevated!"

"I'm 8.6 n.i," Mk declared. They didn't believe her, so they did the tests on her too. 8.6 n.i.

Then they went to a classroom. There was a woman ready to autotrain Ash.

"Are you sure you want to do this? All you have to say is that you don't want your powers and they're gone forever."

"I want my powers!" Ash said. "Do you know what I can do with them?" That's what he thought. He wanted them.

"That's what I thought." Then the woman came up to Ash and put her hand on his head.

"I'll go until Advanced normal and psychic combat [1]. He'll have to do Time Travel himself." Then she started. In only FIVE seconds, Ash learned what took most people about eight to ten years to learn. That's a good deal: learning over eight years of material in five seconds. Then Mk went over and took him to a training room and taught him her special psybeams, because she could. And she trusted him to not teach anyone else it. Then he teleported himself to the hospital Misty was in. She was shocked to hear the news.

"That's…" She didn't know what to think.

"Please say that this won't change anything."

"It shouldn't… but if you're really strong, won't they want you back even more than they do now?" She was obviously talking about the Celedons.

"Probably." He didn't think about that before. If Team Rocket found out that Ash, now one of the strongest psychics ever, had gotten away from them, what would they do? They'd probably just take him back. But they'd be even angrier at the fact that they didn't see any potential in him at all. But then again, no one, not even Mk [2] could see any psychic potential in him. Why?

"So how long are you in here?" he asked.

"Three weeks. They say I'm lucky to be alive now."

"Well, I have to find Giovanni. See you later." He teleported away. Misty was shocked, not used to the fact that Ash could do that now.

Giovanni was at the police station now. They had rescued him, and they had official word that Lisa was indeed dead. Ash would not get in trouble; in fact, they were thanking him for killing one of their biggest problems! They talked about it some, and then they went back to the apartment they were staying in.

Later, Ash was looking at the picture of his mom that she had given him before they were parted.

"Maybe now this will change everything…"

So they went to Indigo, kicked butt, Ash obtains psychic powers, Misty gets out of the hospital later, game over. XP

-To be continued…-
---
The other disclaimer: I don't own Pokémon. I don't think they'd make Ash psychic. They did say he had no potential…

Note:
[1] These are courses.

[2] Random Fact: Mk's supposed to be the smartest psychic in the history of Time if you look at her PSI scores alone. That's doesn't mean that she is. And as for PSI scores, it's a test psychics take. Mk got a hundred on it. No one else has done that.

So! Do you like my New!twist? I do! And this'll be fun! And if you have problems, well, you don't have to read this.
I think this is original. If it isn't, I'm sorry. Can I see it!? E-mail me! I wanna see it! [if you don't look at profiles, its nayana_1120@hotmail.com. ... Hey, I knew it wouldn't be taken! ^_^ And if you don't get it, don't worry.]

So, do you see what the "aaack!" was for now? Get it? Hehehehehe!
Thought it'd be interesting. Maybe a sign of maturity? Who knows.

Today's cut addition:
"Somehow… you have psychic powers."
Bum bum BUM! Silly me.