Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction / Pokemon Fan Fiction ❯ The Timetravelers: Moving Ahead ❯ A New Member ( Chapter 6 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Disclaimer for the lazy: I don't own Pokémon. *Sigh*

Time skip! Nothing important in-between.

OY! I know that one of the possibilities for Misty's last name was Waterflower, but I like Williams better that Waterflower! It's nice. That is all.
[And if it bothers you that much… let's say that Misty's "father" is really her stepfather and that her real father died or something before she was born, or later she was adopted by him, changing her last name or something to that extent.]

OOH boy… Now we have gotten to where we have to talk about the Timetravelers.
-They exist to destroy Team Rocket.
-Group A is a group with difficult missions.
-Alpha/Beta are leadership positons
-Guardian Angel Project: a project for Alphas only. He (or in Mk's case, she) protects a wanted person (by Team Rocket anyway) for a really long time.

---

The Timetravelers: MA
Part Six: A New Member

July 13th, 2001
Indigo Plateau, 2:31 p.m.

The Timetravelers were upset. One of the Group A members had died going up against Adia Kensington. Now they were one person short, and everyone else didn't have the skill that the group needed.

"We need to do some emergency recruiting. There has to be someone out there with the skill to be worthy of our group!" the leader, Ms. Lee, said.

"I don't know, recruiting sucked this year," the Alpha, Don, said. Ms. Lee had to agree with him.

"I heard on the street that there's a sixteen year old guy out there that's 8.6 ingrevated," a girl named Amy said. "And I heard that he could kick some butt too. And the best part is, they said this guy's here too!"

Ms. Lee hoped the rumors were true. She made a mental note to check that out later. Then an alarm went off, signaling that someone had gotten kidnapped. They rushed over to a cadet on a computer.

"Two Pokémon Masters got kidnapped!" They looked at the screen. Ash Ketchum and Misty Williams had gotten kidnapped by Rocket Grunts.

"Any under Guardian Angel Project?"

"Ash is." Ms. Lee cussed. Group A had to go, and they were one member short.

"Get his angel over here as fast as you can. Tell him that we need him."

Thirty minutes later, an orange haired girl came over. "You needed me?"

"We needed Ash Ketchum's Guardian Angel," Ms. Lee said. She didn't think that was Ash's "angel".

"I'm Ash's angel. I'm Mk. Nice to meet you!" Ms. Lee shook her hand.

"How far in the future are you from?" she asked.

"2023, why? Are you shocked that I'm an Alpha or something?" She was indeed, being that she had never heard of a female Alpha before. She had been Beta, and that was a first! Then she shook it off and went to the base. The base looked more like an office building on the outside than a typical Team Rocket base. But then again, they were being stealthier lately, most likely because of the power switch. In fact, if it weren't for Ash telling Misty about the Celedon mansion incident, who in turn told Mk about it, they would have never known that Giovanni (Ash's father) wasn't leading it at all. Then they went inside the base. The first three floors were clean. The forth was where there were three people in a meeting room. One was Adia, holding a whip. Uh-oh.

"So it's time to learn some more manners!" she said to a guy in there.

"No thank you. I don't want any more scars." Then he threw a psychicball at her. She was caught off-guard.

"YOU'RE NOT SUPPOSED TO BE PSYCHIC!!! I'd know because I took a tour of your mother's mind one day! There was not supposed to be any potential!" Then she got tossed against the wall.

"Don't you dare look into my mother's mind, you b----!" Then he gave her another psychicball, and then he tossed her against the wall again. Then he finished with a focused psybeam to her legs. Adia looked done.

"One day, I'll teach you some manners!" she yelled, and then she had to teleport away. She was too tired to do anything else. All the Timetravelers were shocked and impressed. He was awesome! Mk went inside first.

"Uh… can you teach those focused psybeams sometime?" she asked, embarrassed that she hadn't thought of that before.

"Sure Mk." Then all the other Timetravelers came over to talk to him.

"That was awesome!"

"You kicked her sorry little butt!"

Ms. Lee walked up to him. "Excuse me, who are you?"

"I'm Ash. Nice to meet you!" Everyone gasped except Mk. That was Ash? They had no clue he was psychic at all. He hid it very nicely.

"How old are you, and what's your strength?" Ms. Lee asked.

"Sixteen, 8.6 i."

They all whistled. He was that strong? It was almost unheard of! Ms. Lee just had to ask:

"Would you consider joining the Timetravelers?"

Ash was shocked that she asked. He didn't think he was that great at all, but he only had Mk to compare with, and she's the best, pretty much.

"I thought recruiting wasn't until November." He had tried to apply last year, but he didn't make the age cut.

"Well, we have to recruit a member, and I can recruit anyone I want now. So how about it? Do you want to join us?"

"Of course! I need a job." Everyone cheered. They all teleported (or in Misty's case, got teleported) to where Giovanni was. He didn't care if he joined at all, so Ms. Lee handed Ash forms to fill out.

"Go to the Saffron City Pokémon Center the first Monday after competitions at seven a.m. Central time, and we'll get you started." Then all the Timetravelers teleported away. Misty then looked at Ash.

"Is this for revenge against Team Rocket?" she asked. It was a good possibility with Ash. He seemed to want to get some.

"Partially. But I really need a job." He looked at her. "And I've always wanted an excuse to time travel." She smiled and left him alone.

Later, Ash was outside, just looking up at the starry sky. It was a beautiful night.

"One day, I'll see my mother again… Maybe this was the chance I was looking for. Maybe now I can rescue her, and Father too…" why he wanted his father back, he wasn't too sure. But that's not the point. He deserved another chance. But his mother didn't deserve to be there… he was going to bring them back, no matter what anyone said. His mind was made up, and no one was going to change it…

-Ok, that's the end of this story…-
---

The other disclaimer: Don't own Pokémon. Their catch phrase is "Gotta Catch 'em All!" (I don't own this either, BTW.) If the Timetravelers had one, it'd be "Gotta Catch 'em All!… and Put 'em in Jail!" But that's kinda stupid for them, isn't it? ^_^

HAHAHA! Ash is a Timetraveler!
Aw come on. You probably knew that if I even bothered giving him powers that he was going to join!