Fan Fiction / Ranma 1/2 Fan Fiction ❯ Harry Potter and the Prophecy of Shi ❯ Phoenixes and Martial Artists ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Harry Potter and the Prophecy of Shi.
~~
A Harry Potter Crossover Fan-fiction by Sheya.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Chapter 04
~~
Phoenixes and Martial Artists
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Notes:::
Dictionary is now at sheyasan . tripod . com / dictionary . html --Take out the spaces.
~~
I will call Ranma's mother Nodoka but anyone from England will call her Angela. In future chapters even I will use Angela.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Nodoka had introduced Ranma and Remus the night before. She explained to Ranma that Remus was a friend of hers from school, Ranma and Remus found that they liked each other. Ranma found Remus's knowledge of the world and of magic fascinating, while Remus found Ranma's practical experience of the world and his knowledge of the Muggle fighting arts absorbing. Remus then told Nodoka about Harry and what happened during the past year, especially what happened to Sirius. When Remus finished his tale Nodoka realized that it was past midnight, she also noticed the Remus wasn't looking too well. She suggested that they all get some rest and they would continue speaking in the morning.

Remus agreed and they all went to bed, during the night Ranma realized that Remus wasn't sleeping he was just tossing and turning, so the young Martial Artist went to his mother's friends' room and used a pressure point to knock the werewolf out for the rest of the night.

The next morning Ranma and Nodoka brought Remus back to the Healers house. Remus couldn't figure out why. However, when Nodoka sat down he followed and listened when she started talking.

"Remus, what do you know about the 'Gate of Judgement'?

"Nothing good- it's a death trap...." He stated shaking just a bit.

"Well yes... What do you know of the 'Gates of the Judged'?"

"They were destroyed about three hundred years ago... that is why the 'Gate of Judgement" is a death trap."

"Well that is not entirely true... the 'Gate of Judgement' was a Death trap before the other Gates were destroyed. However, what is also not true is that all the Gates were destroyed. One still exists." Nodoka looked expectantly at Remus.

"One... WHERE?!?!?!" Remus reached over and grabbed Nodoka's shoulders slightly shaking her.

"About five miles from here. Although in the last three hundred years only one person has made it through the Gate."

"Oh..." Remus sat back deflated.

"The good news is that that person came through about two hours after Ranma rescued you from Voldemort."

Remus just stared at her, his mouth opening and closing ineffectually. Nodoka stood up and pulled him to his feet, then she brought him to a private room of the house. When she opened the door he also realized that this was the room he had been in, as she drew him in to the room he saw that the other bed, which he hadn't noticed before, was occupied. The person on the bed was someone whom he thought he would never see again.

"SIRIUS!!!!" he yelled running over to the bed. He knelt down next to the unconscious form of his friend.

"Why didn't you tell me yesterday?"

"It was late and I knew that you would want to come running here and we all needed rest." Nodoka sat down on the other side of Sirius.

"But...."

"Would you have rested if I had told you?"

"No, but I couldn't sleep any way- I wouldn't have gotten any sleep if someone hadn't sneaked into my room and knocked me out." Here he glared at Ranma who had been quietly following them the whole time.

"I am unrepentant... he's awake." Ranma turned from Remus to Sirius who opened his eyes when Ranma caught him. He also tried to sit up but failed miserable especially since Remus held him down.

"How much damage did the poison do?" Sirius stopped trying to sit up and settled for asking a question.

"Poison?" Remus stared at his friend.

"Yes, poison. Well?"

"Kasumi says it's permanent, Lilac says it's irreparable. I think anything is possible but some are improbable." Ranma sat balancing on the backrest of the same chair he had the other day.

"You knew I was awake yesterday, just like you did today... why didn't you say anything?"

Ranma shrugged "You weren't hurting anything and they should have noticed... they are healers after all."

"Somehow even with the damage I still know what is going on."

"Sirius, what damage?" Remus looked confused.

"On my way out of the 'Gate Realm' I was struck with a thought... 'What if the Gate doesn't let me out?' It didn't let one of the gate creatures out; they are the beings that live in the Gate Realm, the place between Gates. In my indecision some of the gate creatures decided to attack me enmass. In addition, one of them, the poisonous kind was able to get past my guard. The poison got in my eyes."

Remus looked at Sirius in shock. He then noticed that his friends brown eyes weren't focusing on anything. "You're BLIND!!"

"Yes, and Ranma is balancing on a chair back."

"You're not blind, but..."

"I'm blind- can't see a thing, but somehow I know what is happening. Somehow even though my eyes aren't working I can still see. Not color mind you but like a.... I can't explain."

"I think it is much like a Sci-fi 3D radar map...." Ranma supplied.

"Ranma How did you do that jump yesterday?" Sirius asked.

Ranma jumped off the back of the chair and flipped landing next to the bed this time. "Probably using the same concept that you are using to see...."

"Chi... but I thought only Martial Artists use it." Nodoka looked puzzled.

"Not really Okasan... fighters of all kinds as well as monks and Miko use it... Chi, ki, whatever you name it the more you are in tune with yourself the stronger it is. And Martial Artists are very in tune."

"Yoshi, I get it- Kenki is the same as chi?"

"Yeah I believe Kenki and chi are just two different ways of saying the same thing, Miko and Monks use Reiki, and Youkai use Youki."

"But... I..." Sirius started.

"How long were you fighting for in the Gate Realm?" Ranma interrupted.

"Most of the time."

"A month give or take?"

"Yeah the only place you can't get attacked are... well I suppose they would be called Oasis's, they hold food and water and are protected by some sort of barrier.

"Well that much almost constant fighting and vigilance has to tune you into yourself. It will awaken chi sense- you needed to know when you would be attacked from ANY direction so you unconsciously used your chi to do it. After all the harder one trains the faster they learn chi techniques. Take Ryoga, a friend of mine, and Akane, and acquaintance of mine... they have similar potential but because he is consistently training he can use chi far better then she can.

"And she will never match him because she doesn't train." Put in Nodoka.

"Exactly."

"So I sense everything through chi?"

"Yes, Sirius you've always had it, that is why dueling comes so easily for you. One way or another you've been fighting all your life." Nodoka answered.

"So, now that we have that out of the way what are we going to do about my nephew?" Nodoka leaned back in her chair.

"I need to contact Albus and give my message to the Amazon Elders."

"Ku Lon, figures that you are asking for help in the war that 'everyone wanted to be over but isn't' she used that exact phrase." Nodoka said.

"Yeah, is she the one I need to contact?"

"Yes, I am. How is Albus? He hasn't visited in over six years."

"Busy, thanks to Voldemort."

"Oh that's 'Stupid Snake Man' that's what he said his name was when we rescued Remus."

"YOU fought Voldemort and live to tell about it?" Sirius asked shocked.

"I fought Saffron and lived to tell of it."


"Hmmm now that you reminded me so did Albus... around fifty years ago, I met him just after."

"The God of Rebirth? I heard the people had to fight him to keep him sane... must be very hard to do. Though my question is why does Shan Pu call him 'Stupid Snake Man'?" Remus asked.

"She calls Akane, Kitchen Destroyer; Ukyo, Spatula Girl; Kodachi, Ribbon Girl or Crazy Girl; Ryoga, Umbrella Boy or Pig Boy; and Kuno, Stick Boy. You can add stupid to the beginning of any of those depending on her mood and if she is happy with you or not." Ranma explained.

"What does she call you?" Sirius asked.

"Arien or Ranma... she hasn't called me Arien since I came to China last year though."

"When you were accepted into the tribe she lost the right. We always thought that you were like other outsiders... that you would never accept our laws."

"As a boy I could not...." he answered.

"Right- Albus wants help right?"

"Yeah, the Ministry would not ask but then they fear Amazons. Minister Fudge asked Albus to find help for the war... he thought of you."

"Yes, we do strike fear in people," Ku Lon cackled evilly, "Good thing the Peoples Republic has 'forgotten' about us. We will help."

"Thank you." Remus said.

"However I'm intrigued about one thing."

"Yes?" Remus asked.

"What happened to you..." Here she pointed towards Sirius, "You look like you slept with Dememtors for a decade."

"I did." Sirius replied, he then told his tale with help from Remus, when they were done Ku Lon was lost in thought.

"It seems strange that your government didn't want to find the truth...."

"To them they did find the truth." Sirius said.

"No, they covered it up, if they were sure that you were guilty they would have given you a trial. Something is fishy about that. However, you Remus will return in a few days with a document from the elders. For now you should send a message to Albus."

"Angela, I want you to come with me when I return."

"I can't Remus." Nodoka replied.

"Why?"

She looked at Sirius, "For what it's worth I will stay with my husband."

"But Harry...."

"I'll go, I can represent Okasan, ne?" Ranma asked.

"Yeah- I think Harry should come back here anyway.... He would definitely be happier here until school starts again. I'll owl Albus." Remus went back to Nodoka's house for parchment and a quill. Then he wrote a letter to Albus saying that he was ok, he found Angela, she wanted to meet Harry but for reasons he could not send by owl she could not leave China, and that he would be back in England in a few days. He also said that there was a lot to tell when he got back and he was bringing the person who saved him from Voldemort, Ranma. He said that Angela wanted Harry to come to China for the rest of the summer until school started again. He then went to mail the latter and realized that he didn't have an owl.

"Angela," he walked into the room where Angela, Sirius, and Ranma were talking, "do you have an owl?" He asked.

"No but Ranma got a Phoenix friend from Saffron."

"Hiko will bring your message." Ranma held up his arm and Phoenix appeared in a burst of flame.

Remus stared at the beautiful bird, "I thought Phoenixs didn't take letters?"

"They do, the only reason you thought that is because Albus never asks Fawkes to take letters." Nodoka explained.

"Oh." Remus tied the message to Hiko and she vanished in another ball of flame.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
A few days later Ranma and Remus Apparated to The Leaky Cauldron. When they got there people stared at Ranma.

Ranma glared at everyone who was staring, and asked in Japanese "What's with them?" He pointed at them.

"You look like your father...." Remus answered also in Japanese. "Maybe we should speak English now."

"Ok." Ranma switched to English. "Now that they've stopped staring." Ranma grinned.

"Heh they stopped because you spoke Japanese" Remus said as they left the pub. "Little do they know that Sirius is fluent in Japanese." Both of them laughed at the stupidity of the uninformed.

"So where are we going?" Ranma looked at Remus.

"Remember that paper that I showed you before we left? The one that Hiko brought back and I burned after?"

"Yeah."

"We are going to that address."

"Sugoi."

The two went off to 12 Grimmauld Place.

"I think that the only reason that Albus sent the address was because Hiko is a phoenix."

Ranma shrugged "Phoenix's have more ways of protecting themselves then owls, not the least of which is almost instantaneous transport."

"Right. When we get there concentrate on the words on the paper."

"Sure."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
When they arrived at 12 Grimmauld Place they entered the house and Remus brought Ranma down to the Kitchen. Molly Weasley was making lunch, she turned around to greet Remus.

"Remus, you're back, It's good to see you again, we were getting worried." Then she caught sight of Ranma who was in the shadows of the Hall, she jumped backwards and tripped over a chair and started to fall. She never hit the ground, she looked up into Ranma's face as he straightened up holding her in his arms, and then he put her feet on the floor and let her go.

"Ummm I'm Ranma, sorry for startling you." Ranma smiled and put his hand behind his head in embarrassment.

"Oh dear you scared me, I thought that you were someone else, someone who is dead- you don't look like a ghost...." She trailed off looking down. Then she looked at Remus. "There is something different about you Remus, you seem happier...."

"Yes, well I found a friend who I thought was dead."

"Really? Who?"

"This is Angela's son Ranma." Remus indicated the young Martial Artist. "He is also Sirius's son."

"Oh, that explains the resemblance."

"Where is everyone else?" Remus asked.

"Picking up Harry, tomorrow's his birthday. Ron and Hermione are upstairs with Ginny."

"Then we'll go up too send Harry up when he gets here."

"Sure."

Ranma and Remus went upstairs and went through the process of introductions all over again. Ranma started to get to know Ron, Hermione, and Ginny. In addition, they waited for Harry.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
I have taken out most of the Japanese.
Another revision.
Revised 1/25/04