Fan Fiction / Sailor Moon Fan Fiction ❯ The Yrch Princess ❯ Only hours before... ( Prologue )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

----------------------------------

The Yrch Princess

Prologue: Only hours ago..

By: Kolinshar Jackie-chan Benito

October 2002

----------------------------------

A Lord of the Rings/Sailor Moon Crossover.

----------------------------------

Author's Notes:

*sweatdrops()* Lol, I have a tendency to keep writing new stories! FORGIVE ME!! Lol, anyway, while I was watching the Lord of the Rings (for the friggin 200th time in a row), I got this idea when the Uruk-Hai dudes appeared in and army and were ready to go out and battle. They were in a big group. Saruman had just commanded him to get the halflings.. unspoiled.. V_V(). LOL! Remember??!!! Well, anyway, enjoy!

Ciao!

~KB Jackie-chan

------------------

Disclaimer: ALL STANDARD DISCLAIMERS APPLY

----------------

Only hours ago, screams of rage, terror, and yells of war cries were heard from the area of which she stood on.

Only hours ago, she had been given her rightful place in her tribe. They had known what could be the outcome of the battle they were fighting. She was now a princess. Although there were many trivial outbursts by a few people, she had been crowned the High Princess by her kin. She was not related by blood. She was not related by species either. But she was crowned the princess.

And she was here to avenge her people.

Gripping the handle of her broad rapier, the blade's tip pointed downward, she sliced through another of her kindred's enemy. The blade was covered and dripping with blood. The crimson liquid had been chilled by the cool air, and the stilled area was only awakened by the slight sounds of her rapier singing.

She had been chosen as Princess, yet, as it seemed, it was custom for the Princess to witness the battle her people were to fight it if it was her first. Her second, she was to take charge and lead them into battle. But it didn't seem like that was going to happen any time soon. Probably almost all of her tribe was wiped out.

On the outside, it seemed only as if she was unaffected by the goings coming around her.

On the inside, she was screaming. Screaming for her losses, screaming in pain, and even some screaming for the stupidity of her tribe.

If it wasn't for stupid traditions and customs, she would have been able to fight and die honorably with her people (AN: Woah! Sounding a bit too much like Wufei..) But no. Since it was her tribe's first battle since her crowning ceremony, she had to watch them throw their lives away.

Hardened, emotionless crystalline blue eyes scanned the now quiet battlefield. A few fires still burned, but with the little fuel it had to carry on, the few that remained, died out. Bodies literally were scattered in the area, limp and bleeding, some bodies still carrying the swords and knives which had ended their life. Some of the area was scorched with charcoal black rings from the small explosions that had taken place only hours before. Man, elf, and orc lay dead, and the lone woman standing in the middle was the only creature alive in a three-mile radius. Everything, not even a single blade of grass stood standing alive on the stench filled area. The only remains of the burning fire were not the blacked-up paths they had left, and the small wisps of smoke were quickly blown away by the wind.

The stench of the disgusting smell of rotting bodies alone would have made the strongest stomach throw its cookies out again. The entire field of beaten and battered bodies would have made the most emotionless and expressionless person even turn away in horror. It was truly an ugly view.

The battle had raged on through the night, and the enemy had started to gain the upperhand. Although her kindred were now resisted to the sunlight and could walk in day, her adopted mother and father had been the simple breed of orcs.

Yes, orcs. She was the adopted daughter of Kusaya and Aswag, of the Hurdir, the leaders of their tribe. They had taken her in when her birth mother had left her to die in a nearby forest.

The woman's hand clenched into a fist at the memory. Kusaya and Aswag had been the one's to find her. They had been the ones to take her in. They were her REAL parents. They had taught her the only thing she knew. How to survive. Many of the orcs in her tribe were cannibals.

And now.. only hours before, she had watched their slaughter. Stumbling along blindly, she located her father's body among the dozens that lay dead. Falling to her knees, she stared at his limp body. Turning him over into a lying position, the dead weight she carried seemed more than a tonne. She would dig him a grave.

His armor was still in decent shape. Stripping him of his protective shelling, she took his knife as well. He said he had taken it from an Elf, and it was infused with magic. It was a rather pretty thing as well. The blade was decorated in gold leaves as a filigree, the handle a deep ebony mineral.

Her eyes narrowed as she spotted an Elven made arrow, stuck rather awkwardly out of her father's body. Lifting it to her nose, she took a recognized a strong smell coming from the projectile. She wafted the smell toward her. Living with orcs had told her how to track down creatures with their scents. And for a human, she had an extraordinary sense of smell. Actually, all of her senses were top level. She had the eyes of an eagle, and the ears of a fox. And her sense of smell never lied.

She knew the scent from.. somewhere. It was an Elf, and she just couldn't place it anywhere. Sighing, she covered the dead body with the soil. The arrow she had pulled from her father's dead body lying beside her. She took another sniff, trying to remember who had had the scent. It seemed like the forest smelled like in Autumn, with a touch of cinnamon. To most, it smelled warm and inviting. To her it smelled like the most foulest thing she had ever seen.

Suddenly, it hit her. She knew that scent. It was an Elven prince. He was a prince of the forest of Mirkwood. A nasty smirk played on her features. She remembered him now. Long blonde hair, and misty grey eyes. And a rather 'killer' shot.

She snorted. Mirkwood. That was the same forest where she had been left to die. A determined look appeared in her eyes as she remembered the prince's name. Legolas. It wasn't going to be easy, but she would avenge her people. And killing the prince would greatly take a lot of the debt away.

She strapped her father's Elven dagger and stood up. The sky over head had begun she shift to pastel colors, and the heat and light of the Sun would soon be hitting the land of which she stood.

With one last thought, she broke into a run.

Well, Prince Legolas, prepare to meet your doom.

-------------

AHHH!!! I'm such an evil woman!! I MADE USAGI AN ORC PRINCESS! *runs around screaming* *stops, looks around at the readers giving her the 'Odd Look.'* (eg. O.O!!!) *gives a lip-sided grin* Hey! What can I say? I thought it was an okay idea at the time.

Well, anyway, gotta run. Send any questions or comments to the review box. Constructive criticism is accepted too. I really like reading what I should add to make my storied better. *glares* Flames were used on the WTC. Stick with Constructive Criticism. My email inbox is currently on overload and it can't receive anymore emails. V_V(), I really need to check my emails more often! If your waiting for a response from me, I'm sorry for the wait!

Ciao!

~KB Jackie-chan