Fan Fiction / Samurai Showdown Fan Fiction ❯ Redemption for the Fallen ❯ The holy maiden meets the azure knight ( Chapter 1 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

REDEMPTION FOR THE FALLEN
Crossover between : Soul Calibur and Samurai Shodown

.

DISCLAIMER : I do not own Soul Calibur (it belongs to Namco) as well as Samurai Shodown (it belongs to SNK Playmore)

Legend : ' ' = thought

.

Chapter 1 : The holy maiden meets the azure knight

18th century… in Kamui Kotan, Japan… After the defeat pf both Amakusa Shiro Tokisada and Zankuro Minazuki, everything was in peace, especially for Nakoruru. She resumed her duty, protecting nature from any defilers. But… another adventure in another timeline awaited her…

One day, Nakoruru was sitting down on a tree branch. She wasn't with her loyal falcon, Mamahaha, but with other birds, playing with her. She smiled and giggled, as she fed them with foods, and also stroke their feathers. She was really enjoyed the moments… until suddenly, all birds flew away…

'What's happening here ? They look so scared…' Nakoruru wondered, until suddenly, she sensed an evil energy nearby. 'This power is quite overwhelming ! I think it came from down there.'

Nakoruru went down from the tree, and indeed, she found a weird metallic shard of something. It looks very grotesque and yucky, but all the evil energy came from it. 'This is the source…', Nakoruru said as she took the shard to her hand, but suddenly, it created a small scratch on her hand. "AH ! It hurts…", Nakoruru didn't have the time to think, as she started to lose consciousness. 'I'm getting… sleepy…'

When Nakoruru woke up, her first reaction was gasping in surprise. She was not in the forest of Kamui Kotan anymore… but, instead, she was inside a castle ! A ruined castle, to be exact. "Where am I ?". As she wandered, Nakoruru wondered what happened. And soon, she came with a conclusion…

'It must be that shard… Its power brought me here… but, why… Oh !!' Nakoruru was shocked to realize something… Mamahaha was not around ! She then desperately searched through the castle to find her falcon, but when she reached a big room with huge glass windows, decorated like church without seats or altar… Nakoruru found a knight in bluish armor and helmet kneeling down. One of his hand was not a normal hand, but a huge demonic hand. In front of him was a grotesque looking zweihander, with an ominous eye planted in there. What's worse, Nakoruru could feel the same energy from the shard within the knight and the sword… only this time it's way more powerful and evil.

"Who're you and what do you want, little girl ?" the knight spoke with an eerie voice.

"I… I was lost here, and I am just looking for my falcon and a way home…" Nakoruru answered, but the knight cut it off.

"Lie… You came to claim my Soul Edge… didn't you ?" Hearing the word 'Soul Edge', Nakoruru gasped in terror. Obviously, she has heard about the evil sword that ravaged the land in the 14th century from her grandparents.

"Soul Edge…!? That means… you are… Nightmare !?" Nakoruru braced herself and asked.

"That is right. But I don't think you will live long enough to remember that, you conceited, wretched human !" Nightmare said as he stood up and with just one hand, he pulled up the massive sword, and took a stance.

"Wait ! I don't want to…" Nakoruru tried to avoid the fight, but suddenly, she already found Nightmare leaping and tried to slash her. She jumped sideways, dodging it, and Nightmare ended up smashing the ground. But, when Nakoruru saw the result of the smash, she was quite horrified. The ground was broken, as if it has suffered a great impact. "Die !" Nightmare yelled as he attacked Nakoruru with a two handed thrust. Nakoruru managed to dodge it, but she was hit a little on her waist. Even though it's just a little hit, Nakoruru felt really painful. But, suddenly, she became determined.

'I cannot lose here… There are a lot of people waiting for me at my home, and I do not want them to mourn over my death !'. And thus, Nakoruru took a stance. "So, you decided to fight back ? However, that was futile !" Nightmare intimidated her as he swung his sword, trying to cut her neck. But, it was dodged. Nightmare tried again, but it was dodged again. Angered, Nightmare slashed downwards, but Nakoruru quickly grabbed her cape and… "KAMUI RISSE !", she swung her cape to the attack. Surprisingly, it deflected Nightmare's attack. "What !?", he couldn't believe it. How could one small cape deflect his Soul Edge. Not only that, he was also struck with holy powers ! He tried to recover from that shock, but Nakoruru, in a quick movement, slid down on the ground, covered with white, holy aura, as Nakoruru yelled…

"ANNU MUTSUBE !!", the attack struck Nightmare once more and he fell to the ground. When he got up, however, he was extremely furious. "That's it, wench. Your life ends here !". Nakoruru tried to duck and prepare for another of her attack, Leila Mutsube. However, before that happened, Nightmare grabbed her with his demonic hand. Then, he bashed her on her head once with the hilt of Soul Edge, and knocked her down with a punch from his normal hand. Nakoruru was quite stunned from that attack. Nightmare slowly approached her… with his Soul Edge raised above him. "And now… I shall devour your soul !". And he slashed downwards… trying to kill Nakoruru.

'Am I going to die here…? No… I have so much to do !' Nakoruru thought, as she closed her eyes in terror. But, she then realized that she's not dead… But, she was surprised to see Nightmare suddenly dropped his sword and began screaming like crazy, holding his helmet, and moved around in a massive pain. After quite a while, Nightmare fell to his knees… Nakoruru was also shocked to see that the former azure knight suddenly changed his appearance from that full armor outfit into a new outfit… He was now topless, and wore silver lower guard. He was no longer with his helmet, revealing a handsome young man with long blonde hair. He then let out a not-so-eerie voice.

"Not again… I was taken over once more…" He said. Nakoruru couldn't sense the evil energy within him anymore, so she approached him. "What happened here ?"

"I… I was possessed with Soul Edge. Ever since I touched that accursed blade, I was cursed for eternity… as Nightmare." Nightmare gave a brief explanation. Nakoruru continued, "So… your real name is not Nightmare ? Then what is your name ?"

"The name's Siegfried Schtauffen… And you are ?" In turn, he asked, and she replied, "… Nakoruru."

"A Japanese, huh…" Siegfried muttered, and stood up. "No matter. Now I have a request for you…". "And what would that be ?"

"… Kill me."

Hearing the word 'kill', Nakoruru was shocked. She certainly couldn't bring death to someone because she's asked to. She also sensed something within Siegfried… She was in a deep silence, until Siegfried broke it.

"What are you waiting for ?! Grab your knife and kill me !"

"I… I can't do it ! Why must I kill you !?" Nakoruru protested.

"I can't take it anymore… Every time I go to sleep in the night, Soul Edge took over me into Nightmare and make me commit mass murder !", Siegfried explained, "I would see a lot of dead people's spirits every time I wake up afterwards… Those experiences… keep haunting me until now ! I tried to kill myself with my only weapon, Soul Edge, but I never succeeded ! I have always hoped that someone would kill me, but all of them died because of Soul Edge !"

"But, Nakoruru… you are the one who's capable to hurt Nightmare that much. Please kill me, so we can get rid of Nightmare forever !" And thus, Siegfried finished explaining. However, Nakoruru shook her head in refusal, "No ! You should not give up like that ! I can still sense a small humanity within you, and I can still help you on it. So, please let me save you, at least". Siegfried was silenced for awhile. However, he already made up his mind.

"… Really. You said the same thing like she did. But, I already made up my mind…" Siegfried then proceeded to snatch Nakoruru's knife.

"Ah ! What are you doing !? Please give it back !", Nakoruru pleaded, but was ignored.

"If you don't want to kill me… I will do it myself !"

"Siegfried !! No !!!"

Nakoruru was too late. Siegfried stabbed her sword to his stomach. However, as a lot of blood came out of his body, and he started to lose consciousness, he could still hear Nakoruru screaming his name, before he totally collapsed…

.

To be Continued