Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reality Shift: The Arcadian Chronicles ❯ Part 1 ( Prologue )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reality Shift

The Beginning

Hello there. This isn't your normal every day fan fic people. I write this with inspiration from Anthony Bault and Renian Magnanimus. They have both written great game crossover fics. This story is some what inspired by them. I really suggest that you read their fics at some point. They are good. Ok, that's enough sucking up. Time to get down to business. I do not own any of these games, anime, or TV shows. I am poor and pathetic. Remember to keep an open mind while reading this. It may seem weird, but it will get better. All that I own is the character of Mike Allen and the kind of stuff he does. That's because Jason and Mike Lewis are real people. They will probably kill me for this story, but I don't care. I OWN THEM NOW! I swore to myself I would never write a self-insertion. I'm so going to hell now.


It was mid day in Portage, Michigan. Winter was just around the corner so it was very cold. It was about 48 degrees out. Three guys are standing out side a portable at the local school. One is about 6'6". He's big, but very strong. He is Jason Shultes. He has long hair down just past his shoulders. The shorter one standing next to him is Mike Lewis. He's about 6' even and regular build. He has a black beatnik hat on and a pair of glasses. He has a little beard too. The kind you want to go after with duct tape (sorry man). Lastly, there stood Mike Allen. He stands about 5'9". He's big for his size, but weighs more than he looks, strong with out a doubt though. He has short, messy hair, and wears glasses.

"Damn it's cold out here," says Mike Lewis. Mike Allen and Jason Shultes just stare at him. "Well dur numb nuts," said Jason. "It's not even fifty out today. Of course it's cold." "I know that," said Mike Lewis. "But I'm just saying that it's cold." They continue on like this for a few minutes. After a while, Jason turns to Mike A. "Dude, you haven't said anything all day. What's up fat man?" Mike looks up at Jason. "I've been having this weird feeling lately. Kind of like something is wrong, but I can't quite put my finger on it. Like there is something out of place. I don't know what's going on, but I don't like it." "I know what you mean," Jason said. "I feel the same way sometimes. Can't explain it. How about you cheese man?" Mike Lewis just shivers and nods. The three friends laugh. Soon the teacher comes up and opens the portable door and they all scurry inside.

The school day is over, and Mike still can't put his finger on just what feels wrong. He walks over to Jason and Mike Lewis. "Hey guys," he says with some forced enthusiasm. "Still not feeling good man?" asks Mike Lewis. "Not really. I just wish I knew what it was." They both nod their agreement. "Well, you guys better get on the bus before you have to walk home," Mike says. Jason and Mike Lewis Say good-bye and turn to leave. Just as they turn, a bright flash of light is seen. They all turn around to look at the strange sight. Right in front of the three was a giant floating green hole in space. In the center, a large, futuristic city could be seen. "What the hell is going on?" yelled Mike Lewis. "It looks kinda tripy. IT'S FREAKING ME OUT!" Jason screamed. The vortex starts to pull in all that isn't nailed down. Candy wrappers and cigarette butts fly past them into the hole. They hold on as hard as the can, but the vortex pulls harder. Mike Lewis loses his grip on the light post he was holding and flies at the hole. Jason grabs him by the foot as he passes by. Jason struggles to keep his grip. Mike can't hold it any longer. He is pulled away from the garbage can he held onto and is flung into the abyss. "MIKE!" scream out Jason and Mike Lewis at the same time. The hole starts to pull even harder. Soon, Jason can't take the strain any longer and lets go. He and Mike Lewis get sucked in as well.

People walk calmly through the streets of the city of Neo-Chicago. The cars hover by. All is well with the world. Suddenly, a large green hole opens above a park. Three human looking figures fall out. Two hit the ground while the third lands in the lake.

"Ouch! That really hurts!" says Mike Lewis. A muffled noise is heard beneath him. Mike Lewis stands up. "Your telling me. I didn't land on you," says Jason. "Heh. Yeah, sorry about that. Hey, where's Mike?" They hear a loud splashing noise. They turn around to see Mike walking out of the lake. He has a duck sitting on his head. "Not a word out of either of you," he says. "I hope that didn't ruin my cd player." They both look at him. "What? It's my only one." Mike Lewis and Jason start to laugh. What do you find oh so very funny?" asks Mike. Mike Lewis snickers. "Nothing… DUCKY BOY!" He falls backward laughing. Jason starts to laugh as well. "That's not funny man," he says. "Yeah it is -snicker- DUCKY BOY!" And he too falls over laughing. "I hate you both," Mike says. "You guys will pay." He starts to run for them, when he trips over the duck. Jason and Mike Lewis just laugh harder. "When I get my hands on you two I'll…" Mike stops as he hears the laughing stop abruptly. He slowly looks up to see a pair of blue feet in front of him. Looking up farther, he sees that it is a man in blue armor. He has brown hair that is mostly covered by a helmet. Instead of a left hand, he has a large plasma blaster, which at this moment is pointed at Mike's head. Mike looks at the mans face and gives a weak smile. "Uh… Hi ya."