Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reality Shift: The Arcadian Chronicles ❯ Part 2 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reality Shift

Chapter 2

Hey. Well, this is where I usually drone on about the legal stuff. Not this time. This one is written by Jason. ENJOY IT!

Blargh! This would be Jay. We do not own anything here, we merely "borrow". If it was ours well, then we would not be here wasting our money spending time writing this. Do you hear them… The coconuts call. Anyway enough about that. Lets get on with the story.

Umm… ok then. He is right ya know. It's time to get into the story. Let us begin then!

"Uh…Hi ya," says Mike sheepishly. "Hi," says the blue stranger. He looks Mike over. "Did you just wet yourself?" he asks Mike. "NO! No. I just crawled out of the lake," Mike says franticly. "And why were you in the lake in the first place?" asks the stranger. Mike just looks at him. He slowly starts to smile as he recognizes the blue figure. "Well, I fell out of the sky you see." The blue figure just looks at him. "Uh huh. Alright then," he says with a sense of disbelief in his voice. Mike looks him over one more time. "You're Megaman aren't you?" he asks. The blue guy just looks at him. "Yeah," he says.

Mike Lewis and Jason just stare at them. They start to whisper to each other. "What the hell does Mike think he's doing?" asks Mike Lewis. Jason just stares at Megaman. "That's a cool gun man. Isn't that Megaman?" he says. Mike Lewis takes a better look at him then recoils. "Whoa! Your right! But how is that even possible?" "I have no idea, but this is fricken cool man!" Jason says.

Mike is still on the ground looking up at Megaman. "Why did you ask if I was Megaman? Everyone knows who I am." Mike just smiles even more. "Not where I'm from man. Hey, you mind if I stand up now. I'd like to dry off sometime soon." Megaman just looks at him for a moment, and then puts out his hand. "No problem, but I think I should take you to see a doctor. You are a little to strange." Mike just laughed. "Trust me, you aren't the first to make that observation." He just laughed lightly as Megaman stared at him. "Follow me," he says as he starts to walk away. As he starts to leave the park, Mike turns to his friends. "You guys coming or what?" He heads out after Megaman. Mike Lewis and Jason just look at each other before turning back towards Mike. "WAIT UP!" They quickly run after them.

It's about an hour later, and they are in Dr. Light's lab. Jason and both Mikes stare in awe of their surroundings. Around them are machines and robots of all shapes and sizes. Needless to say, they have never seen anything like this. Jason and Mike were staring at the lasers rocket launchers with a real interest. Mike Lewis Just stood in awe of the whole place. They had been waiting for the good doctor for about twenty minutes, but they didn't care. There was enough cool stuff in that room to keep the occupied for a few years. Mike Lewis had just joined them in gawking at the weapons, when Dr. Light walked into the room.

"Greetings!" said the good doctor. "Megaman says that there is something strange about the three of you." He turns towards Megaman. "What did you say happened?" Megaman steps forward. "Bass and I were monitoring the local area for anomalies. While doing that, we got a strange reading. I decided that I should check it out, just in case." Dr. Light just nods. "When I got there," Megaman continued, "There they were." Dr. Light just continues to nod. "I see. How did you get wet again?" he asks Mike. "Well," Mike responds, "We feel out of the sky, and I landed in the lake." "Ah. That makes some kind of sense at least," says Dr. Light. He turns back to Megaman. "Get the Gamemaster. I think he should know of this." Megaman nods and heads out the back door of the lab.

Mike looks on in shock. "Did you just say Gamemaster?" he asks. Mike Lewis and Jason both give him looks of confusion. "I did indeed. Why do you ask?" replies the doctor. Mike gets a mischievous smile on his face, and then turns toward Jason and Mike Lewis. "I think I know what happened guys!" They both give him a weird look. "And what would that be, oh great knowledgeable one?" asks Mike Lewis.

Mike is about to answer, when a stranger walks through the door. He is about average height. He wears glasses as well. In fact, he kinda looks like an accountant. He really would, if it weren't for the armor he wore. It was a red chest plate really, but obviously technologically advanced. You could see some circuitry on the armor it's self. He was accompanied by a man in a green tunic. He wore a green hat that sloped over his head. His most distinguishing characteristic was his ears. They came to a point. Mike just looked at them and smiled. "I am…" the first one started. "Anthony Bault. The Gamemaster," interrupted Mike. Anthony looked at him. "How did you know who I am?"

"Well, it's a long story really. But I can say this much, I can hear the fourth wall being shattered." Anthony just blinks with surprise. Everyone else just stares at Mike. Finally, Link breaks the silence. "Aw man, he talks like Anthony!"

About two hours have passed as Mike tells both his friends and the heroes all he knows.

"So," starts Anthony, "Your saying that you all come from a dimension where Arcadia is only seen in games?" Mike just nods. "Well we already know about the games," says Dr. Light. Everyone nods. Anthony continues. "And I'm just a character in a fan fiction?" Mike nods once more. "I've traded e-mails with the author, but never met him." Anthony looks rather thoughtful. "So that's how you know about the fourth wall. Hmm…" Anthony looks straight at Mike, Jason, and Mike Lewis. Suddenly his eyes go wide. "WOAH!" Link and Megaman grab his arms as he falls backwards. They help to straighten him up. "What was it Anthony?" asks Dr. Light. Anthony shakes his head to clear his mind. "I don't know. I was reaching out with my mind to see if they were lying. There is some kind of power there, like none I have ever seen." All three of the outsiders just stared. Mike Lewis was the first to speak up. "See. I always said I was special." Mike just snickers. "Yeah, in the head." Every one just gives Mike a look. "What?" They all just shake their heads. Dr. Light puts his hand to his chin in thought. "Hmm… I think we should run some tests."

The testing lasted long into the night. It's almost 4:00 am before they are done. Dr. Light and Anthony are conversing in Dr. Light's office.

"What did you find Dr. Light?" asked Anthony. "I'm not quite sure. They have some kind of power, but it's buried deep in their subconscious. It is somewhat similar to psionics, but totally different as well. I don't know how to explain it."

As they talked, Mike Jason and Mike talked to each other.

"What do you guys think of all this?" asks Mike. They were sitting a small room. There was a TV and a PS2. They were all playing Devil May Cry. "It's a little hard to swallow," says Jason. "All this stuff that we thought to be fiction is real now. We may never see our families again, and we are sitting in a room with a talking hedgehog." Both Mikes turned to him with wide eyes. Jason pointed to the door, and there was Sonic. "Hey," says Sonic. Both Mikes just nod. Jason smirks. "This just gets weirder," says Mike Lewis. Sonic zooms right up to Mike Lewis. "I'm not weird! I'm just too cool for you!" Mike snickers. Sonic zooms over to him. "And why do you think this is funny?" "Heh. You really do have a big ego." Sonic's quills just bristle. Jason just stares at Sonic. Finally Sonic asks, "Why are you staring at me?" "I don't like you, you little blue Tasmanian devil rip off," he says, and then leaves the room. Sonic just watches him go.

"What was that about?" asks the hedgehog. Mike turns to him. "He has issues with Sega." Sonic gives him a confused look and starts to leave. Suddenly, Link and Anthony burst into the room.

"We got trouble," says Anthony. Link looks really worried. "Lon Lon Ranch is being attacked by Stalfos!" The heroes start to leave when both Mikes stand up. "We're going too," says Mike. Mike Lewis nods. "I've wanted to go to Hyrule ever since I first played the games." Anthony pauses. Link can't take it. "Come if you want! We don't have time for this!" The Mikes high five and follow them out of the room. As they walk towards the portal, Jason runs up to them. "WAIT FOR ME!" he screams. They continue towards the portal. As they near it, Protoman rushes up to them with Rush. "Wait up!" yells Protoman. "I just heard. I'm coming to help." Anthony nods. They exit the lab and walk towards an arch. Mike looks up at it. "Is that what I think it is?" asks Mike. Anthony nods. "The portal," he says. Anthony, Link, Sonic, Rush, Megaman, Protoman, Mike, Mike Lewis, and Jason enter the portal to Hyrule.

A/N. Ok then. I won't do many of these things. I just wanted to say, if you want to know more about what the hell is going on, read Heroes of Arcadia - The Gamemaster's Legacy by Anthony Bault. It is a really good story, and Anthony was good enough to let me borrow his concept for a while. Don't worry, it will be returned unharmed. This is the first installment in a series. I plan on taking this story many places. Don't worry, I don't really plan on getting repetitive, though it may happen. I got plenty of great ideas on what to do, and if any readers have an idea they think would be cool to do, let me know. I will of course give you credit to the idea. But I must warn you, I will only use the idea if I have a good amount of knowledge on it. I thank you all for your time. NOW REVIEW OR ELSE!!