Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reality Shift: The Arcadian Chronicles ❯ part 3 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reality Shift

Chapter 3

Well here we are again. It's once more time for a guest intro. This time, it's Mike Lewis. Just for reference, Mike Lewis and Jason are real people. I go to school with them. They are my friends, and I run the story ideas by them before anyone else. So now, with no further ado, here's Mike Lewis.

Hey, this is Mike Lewis, the undisputed Cheeseman! I am writing this because I was told to, other than that, as we speak, I am being poked by monkeys with pitchforks! Oh, yeah, we don't own anything, we are very poor, so please don't sue us. Hahaha… I know all and see all! (Dude, Jason, put your pants back on, you're scaring Princess Zelda!) Well, I'm going to go steal an ocarina and beat the shooby-dy-hoo out of Ganon now! The Wolf is out!

Uhhh…That was too disturbing to even comment on. I'm gona go over here and pretend I don't know him. Enjoy the story.

They exited the portal at Death Mountain. When they emerged, all the heroes got their transportation ready. Link call for Eponia, Megaman had Rush convert to jet mode, and Anthony activated his hover jet. Mike Lewis screamed, "I'm riding with Link!" He then ran up and tried to jump onto Eponia's back from behind. He missed and landed face first into the horse's rear end. There were mixed snickers from Anthony, Mike, and Jason, but the rest were very serious. Mike Lewis got back up, dusted himself off, and slowly climbed onto Eponia with Link the right way. Jason got onto Rush with Megaman and Protoman, and Mike got onto the hover jet with Anthony. They speed away from Death Mountain.

As they ride, they talk. "I can't believe I'm in Hyrule," says Mike Lewis. "God I mean I've played all the games." Mike just nods. "I played all the ones for Gameboy plus the two for N64. I love this." Jason just throws up the metal. You know, puts his hands up like this \m/. "It's all about Ocarina of Time." Mike Lewis grins. "We know just about anything that can be known about Legend of Zelda." Anthony just grins. <I remember when I first started to travel the worlds of Arcadia,> he thinks to himself. <They are a lot more at ease with it than I was.>

They ride for about twenty minutes before they can see Lon Lon Ranch on the horizon. Anthony shouts at everyone. "Alright everybody! Get ready!" They speed up to the gates, and they see what is going on.

There are Stalfos everywhere, hundreds of them. They are attacking the house. The owner of the Ranch is trying to hold them off with a broken staff. It might have once been a pitchfork. The barn is on fire and the cows are running in the main area. The heroes and the outsiders look on with horror. A Stalfos runs up to one of the cows, and runs its sword through its side. Jason's eyes go wide. He whispers, "No hurt moo cow." He jumps off Rush. "SAVE THE COWS!!!!" He rushes at the Stalfos. He rams his shoulder into the skeleton warrior. He lays him out. Jason picks up a bail of hay (I mean a big bail of hay. About four feet by two feet.) and beats the Stalfos with it. All the heroes look on in amazement. "How can he do that? He's incredibly strong," says Link. The heroes get off their vehicles and start to defend the ranch.

The Mikes still stare at the carnage. "We have to help man," says Mike Lewis. Mike nods and starts to run towards the barn. Mike Lewis's eyes go wide. "Are you out of your mind?! The barn is on fire!" Mike rushes into the barn. A few seconds later, he emerges with a pitchfork. "LETS DO IT!" he screams. Mike runs towards the nearest Stalfos and slashes it across the back. It turns around and swipes at him. Mike barely ducks under the sword and stabs the Stalfos with the pitchfork. It screams with pain and disappears. Mike has a slight smile on his face, but he then feels something trickle down his cheek. He touches his face, and draws his hand back to see it covered in blood. There is a two-inch long gash on his cheek. "How the hell did that get there?" he asks himself. He looks in front of him and sees an arrow in the ground. He turns around to see a Stalfos with a bow readying another shot. Mikes eyes go wide. Just as the Stalfos is about to fire the arrow, he is hit by a strange blast. Mike looks towards the direction that it came from and sees Anthony in full armor with his hand pointed at where the Stalfos was. Mike nods his thanks and runs off towards the battle.

Mike Lewis is being circled by three Stalfos. The first one leaps at him and tries to slice him with its sword. Mike Lewis quickly drops to the ground and then jumps back up as the Stalfos flies over him. As the second Stalfos runs at him, he gives him a drop toe hold (a wrestling move for those that don't know). The Stalfos hits the ground face first and is knocked out cold. Mike Lewis picks up its sword and twirls it experimentally. He then grins and slices at the other Stalfos. They clash swords. Mike swings again from the right side in an upward arch, but the swing is blocked. He swings once more in a down ward strike from above his head. Again they clash blades. As Mike Lewis puts all his strength into this attack, as he hears a loud clang behind his head. He quickly breaks his attack and rolls to the side. He spins around, and mere inches from where his head was, is Link. He is blocking a hit from a Stalfos. If he hadn't intervened, Mike Lewis would be dead. Mike Lewis turns back to his opponent with renewed energy. They clash blades again, but then Mike Lewis steps on the skeleton warrior's foot. As it screeches out in pain, Mike Lewis decapitates it. He then runs back over to Link just in time to see him dispatch the Stalfos he was fighting. "Thanks for the save," says Mike Lewis. "My duty," responds Link. They both head back out into the battle.

Jason is still beating the same Stalfos with the bail of hay. "YOU ~smack~ DON'T ~smack~ HURT ~smack~ THE ~smack~ COWS!!!!!" he screams out. The Stalfos finally had taken enough, and disappeared into nothingness. Jason spins around to see two more Stalfos walking towards him. "BLARGH!!!!" he screams out. He reaches towards the iron rod fence, and rips one of the rods clear off! He then smashes the skull of one of the Stalfos into dust with one hit. He swings the rod at the other one. He manages to catch it. Jason lifts up the rod while the Stalfos is still holding on. He swings the rod above his head, and then slams it into the ground. The Stalfos disappears. All of a sudden, five of them dog pile on Jason. He can't get them off. A few small explosions can be heard, and three Stalfos disappear. Jason easily throws the other two away. He turns to see Megaman and Protoman aiming their blasters at the two last Stalfos. They fire, and the Stalfos are no more.

The fight keeps up for about twenty-five minutes. Even Sonic is kicking tail. He just whizzes past the Stalfos, confusing them, then zooms back in a sonic spin. The battle dies down, as all the Stalfos are dead. There are rusted swords and shields everywhere. Luckily, there were no fatalities (except for the one cow). Megaman, Protoman, and Sonic go to check on the people. Link and Anthony are talking with the outsiders. "You guys did really good out there," says Link. Anthony nods. "I can't beilve that this was your first battle. You all fought so well." Mike, Mike Lewis, and Jason just look at each other. They then turn back to the heroes. "It's not like this is the first fight we've ever been in," says Jason. Mike and Mike laugh. "Yeah," says Mike Lewis. "We've all been in our fair share of fights. I know a little about martial arts." Mike chimes in. "And I can take a hit really good. Plus I can hold my own." Jason just sits there. "I can tip over a small car on my own. Once tipped over a 600 pound dumpster. Man was that guy mad when he came to empty it." Anthony and Link just stared at him. "Wow," they said in unison. Anthony has a look on his face as if he is pondering something. "Link, are you pondering what I'm pondering?" he asks, "I think so Anthony, but why are we acting like Pinky and the Brain?" Link responds. Mike and Jason snicker. Anthony gives a serious look. "I think it's time to go back to Neo-Earth. We should have a nice long talk with Dr. Light. I have something I want to ask him." Link agrees to stay behind and help with the repairs to the ranch. He allows Mike Lewis (reluctantly) to ride Eponia back to the portal. Mike Lewis and Jason ride Eponia back, while Mike once more rides with Anthony. They head back to Neo-Earth.

They have just arrived back at Dr. lights lab. They are all gathered in the main area of the lab. Dr. Light is showing them some of his research. "I still don't really know how to explain this, but they have a power like none ever documented. It's truly amazing. I compared it to the scans taken of you Anthony, and have found some similarities, but they are considerably different." He pulls up a chart on the main screen. "Look at these readings. There are points where the two lines converge, but they quickly separate. We've compared them to scans we have to other human beings from both Earth and Neo-Earth, and they match in every other possible way, except for right here." He isolates a small potion of the chart and enlarges it. "This is the area where where superior brain functions are found. Now as you can see, Anthony's brain waves differ greatly from the inhabitants of Neo-Earth, but only slightly from those from Earth. Meanwhile, our three friends here are also very close to those of Earth, but this right here is what sets them apart." Dr. Light Highlights an area of the chart. "This is where your brain patterns almost converge. This right here appears to be similar to Anthony's Teleport ability." All in the room gasp in shock. "I believe that is how you managed to end up in our world. I believe that you three are, how should I put this, out of phase with reality. Because of that, you were shifted from your world to ours. Now i don't really know what could have triggered it, but I will keep trying to find out." Anthony steps forward. "In the mean time, you are all free to stay on Mobius," he says. Both Mikes get a little excited. Jason just groans. "That would be very cool," says Mike. "But when we are there, can we use the Masters Domain?" Anthony chuckles. "Why the hell not. You guys did help out a lot in that battle. In fact," Anthony reaches behind himself and pulls out three hand held computers. They look kind of like personal organizers. "We think that you were brought here for a reason, much like I was. We might not know the reason right now, but it never hurts to be prepared." He gets confused look from everyone but Dr. Light, who only grins. "We want you to be ready just in case you get pulled into more situations like today." Anthony hands each of them a pad. "We want you to write out specifications for battle armor, kind of like the one Dr. Light gave me when I first came here." Mike breaks out in a huge grin. "THIS IS GONA BE SOOOOOOOOOOO COOL!" he yells out. He of course gets weird looks from everybody. "Well it will be."

A/N: I know that I said I wouldn't do many of these, but hey, this is important. I'm gona hold a little contest. I want intros. Nice, funny, well thought out intros. As you have seen, the intros to the last two chapters were done by my friends. Now it's your turn. I will pick the best one, and put it in the next chapter of the fic. Now just so you don't get all worried, The next chapter could be five or even six, because I'm gona start work on chapter four as soon as I finish with this little note here. I want to see some good work. Send all entries to ssj3ghan@hotmail.com. Thanks for reading, NOW REVIEW AND SEND IN INTROS!