Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Reality Shift: The Arcadian Chronicles ❯ part 5 ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

Reality Shift

Part 5

Greetings. I have returned once more. Like I said, there is no getting rid of me. We have a special guest intro today. The one, the only, GAMEMASTER! ~applause~ With no further ado, Anthony Bault.

This is Anthony Bault, Gamemaster of Arcadia. Other than Mike Allen, Mike Lewis and Jason, Echoes does not own anything in this fic save for the story. Heroes of Arcadia, Gamemaster, and related references are copyright yours truly, but Echoes received my permission. So, you familiar combinations of dorsal fins and Armani suits affectionately called lawyers, go find your daily dose of blood elsewhere...unless you WANT me to draw upon the Descendancy Power and do to you like I did to Packbell's ship.

This will be a long chapter I'm afraid. Don't worry, I will work hard on this, and I will post it as soon as I can. I am still deprived of the internet, and at this time, a computer as well. It sucks, but I will try my best to keep the story going. Oh well, enough of my complaining, on with the story.

They have been riding for hours. Very little had been said. They had just come to the edge of the desert. "Wow," says Mike Lewis. "This is just getting cooler and cooler." Anthony just smiles. They can see the fortress now in the distance. "I can't wait till we get there," says Mike Lewis. "An entire village of women. This is one of my greatest dreams come true." Mike gives him a look. "Man are you confused. If you tried to hit on them, more than likely they would kill you." "True," says Mike Lewis. "But I would die happy." Mike just rolls his eyes. They pull into the fortress and are immediately surrounded but the Gerudo.

"Halt intruders!" said the obvious leader. She wore pink robes and covered her face with a red veil. "It's me," says Link. "The woman in red gets a surprised look in her eyes. "Link!" says the leader. "Why are you here? Is there something wrong?" "Not at all," says Link. "We just have someone here that wishes to try the training ground." "Really," says the leader. "Sounds like some might have a death wish. Who is it? The Gamemaster perhaps?" "No," says Link. "It is this human." Mike Lewis stepped forward. "Hello pretty lady," he says. If this were an anime, everyone would have sweat dropped.

"Are you sure that he can handle the trials of the training ground? He doesn't seem to be very bright." "He will do fine," said Link. The Gerudo nodded with understanding and led the group towards the training ground. They walked up to the gate.

"Stand down," says the leader. The guard salutes and walks away. Anthony walks up to Mike Lewis. "There was one more thing that Dr. Light forgot to mention. There is a grappling device in the right wrist." "Thanks. If memory holds true, then it will come in very handy," says Mike Lewis. " Wait," says Link. He walks up to Mike Lewis. "Take this. He reaches behind his back and pulls out a small item wrapped in cloth. "This may help you out." Mike Lewis unwraps the item and his eyes go wide. "The Kokiri Sword!" he says with great excitement. "Thanks Link," says Mike Lewis. The group gives him general wishes of luck, and Mike Lewis walks calmly through the door, to face the unknown.

Mike Lewis walks into a chamber. There are three doors, each within a lion's mouth. He stood there and thought for a moment. "Left or right?" he asked himself. He started to tap his foot. "What the heck. Live dangerously." He ran towards the left door and it opened for him. "Cool," he said, and then walked through the door. On the other side was a large octagon shaped room. There were a few large rocks on the floor, and the floor was nothing more than sand. Suddenly three Stalfos erupted from the ground. Mike Lewis just held up the Kokiri Sword. "This should be fun."

Meanwhile, outside the training ground, the others where sitting in a circle eating lunch. It is about midday and it is getting hot. While they eat, they start to chat.

"I've been meaning to ask," says Anthony. "Why do you have such a hatred for Sega?" Jason calmly stops eating and looks right at Anthony. "I was playing Sonic adventures when the game started freaking out. I walked over to mess with the cord when the machine shocked me." "Ouch," says Anthony. "I still don't see why that would make you hate Sega so much." "I think the console had a grudge against me. It was being an evil thing." Everyone stares at him, then slowly backed away about a foot. "Ok then," says Mike. He reaches into his backpack (that's right he kept it with him. He has more than his CD player in there you know.) and pulls out a deck of cards. "Anybody want to play poker?" he asks. "Why not. It could be awhile till Mike Lewis is done in there," says Anthony. Mike quickly shuffles the cards and deals them out. When Link looks at his cards, his eyes go wide. "Oh no, not these kind of cards!" says Link. Mike rolls his eyes. "No you perv. I'm not THAT weird. Stop thinking like that or I'll have Amy here with the hammer." Link blinks at this and quiets down. "They are Dragonball Z playing cards," says Mike. He gets stares from the group. "What? DBZ rocks ok." They all just shake their heads and start to play.

Back in the fortress, Mike Lewis has just exited a room. He has a scratch on his arm and appears to be limping. "I need a nap bad," says Mike Lewis. "We haven't slept since we got here." He looks around at his new surroundings. He is in a hallway. Up ahead, he can see another hallway. "I think I remember this," says Mike Lewis. He walks down the hall and turns left. As he comes to another opening, he turns left again. Sitting on a ledge is a silver rupee. Mike Lewis just grins. He runs up and grabs it. "Cool." Suddenly Mike Lewis hears a rumbling noise. He looks behind him and sees a giant boulder coming at him. "Oh crap."

The others are still outside playing poker. Jason has a huge pile of money in front of him. "How can he have won all that money?" asks Link. "We've only been playing for five minutes." "He's special like that," says Mike. "Well I'm out of the game," says Anthony. "Oh really," says Jason. "One would think an accountant would take better care of his money." Anthony stares at Jason as his left eye starts to twitch. "I am NOT, an accountant," he says. "Deal me in." Jason just grins.

Mike Lewis runs through a door and it quickly closes behind him. "Damn Wolfos," he says. "Oh well, at least I have three keys now." He looks around the room he just entered. It's large and round. It's a big circle. In the center is a large statue. There are four faces on it, one on each side. Each face has only on eye. Around the statue is a lake of lava. Around that is a stone ring. Mike Lewis is looking down on this all from a stone ledge. "Now this I remember. ARMOR ON!" His armor activates and covers his body. He aims his ice gun at the statue and fires an ice sickle into one of the eyes. He then runs to the other end of the ledge and fires another ice sickle into another eye. He leaps down to the stone ring. As soon as his feet hit the ground, the ring starts moving. Mike Lewis takes aim once more and fires into the third eye. He jogs down the ring a little and takes aim one last time. He fires at the last eye and misses. "Crap!" he yells. He aims again and fires. It hits the eye dead center. The ring stops moving and a chest drops from the ceiling. Mike Lewis jumps over to the small area where the statue is. He opens the chest and grabs the key inside. He holds it above his head and does a happy dance. "Who da man? I da man!" He stops dancing and slowly looks around, and then runs out of the room.

Back outside, Jason has an even larger pile of cash. Link is frantic. "I lost it all! How can the hero of Hyrule be broke?" he screams. "It's just not right!" "I tried to warn you," says Jason. Mike just laughs. "And what about this do you fine oh so funny might I ask?" asks Link. "Nothing really," says Mike. Link just whimpers some more.

On the inside, Mike Lewis has just entered another room. He is starting to really feel the fatigue. "Well at least I'm almost done in here. I've got only one more key to go." He looks around at the room he has just entered. It is filled with lava. In the giant lake of molten rock, there are a few pillars and platforms. There are also silver rupees scattered around the room. "I gots me an idea," he says. Mike Lewis then aims his grappling device at the ceiling and fires. It grabs hold of some rocks jutting out of the ceiling. "Yeeeeeehaaaaaaa!" he screams as he jumps from the ledge he was standing on. He swings around the room, picking up rupees along the way. He swings towards the east side of the room to another platform. He lands and runs down a short hallway. He bends over and picks up the key that was sitting there. With a grin on his face, he runs back to the lava room and jumps off the platform. As he falls, he realizes that he isn't connected to anything. He scrams out and fires the grappling device at the ceiling. It connects and he stops mere inches from the lava. He pulls himself up and swings over to the exit. "That was close," he says as he walks out the door.

Out side, Link and Anthony are staring at Mike and Jason. "No, I want to know. Why are you laughing?" asks Link. "Well you see..." starts Mike. Jason waves his arms franticly at him while shaking his head. "Jason here knows how to count cards." Link and Anthony turn towards Jason. Jason just gives a weak smile. "Heh heh," is all he can manage to say. Link and Anthony both point at him at the same time. "CHEATER!" they scream. They start to stalk towards Jason. As they are about to converge on him, they hear a sound like stone being ground. They turn around to see Mike Lewis standing in the doorway to the Gerudo training ground with the Ice Arrows in his left hand. He is still wearing his armor. Besides a few scorch marks, it's fine. "Yo Adrian, I DID IT!" he yells out, and then promptly passes out. Mike and Jason look at each other and start to clean everything up. The Gerudo leader is clearly puzzled by this. "Your comrade is unconscious, don't you want to see if he is alright?" "Naw, he's ok," says Mike. When everything is picked up, they walk over to Mike Lewis. Mike and Jason start to pick him up. Suddenly, Mike Lewis wakes up. The Gerudo leader walks up to him. "You have completed the training ground faster than anyone has in years. The last person to be that fast was Links ancestor. In honor of this great achievement, we Gerudo bestow upon you the title, Swift Wolf of the Gerudo." Mike looks up at her face and smiles. "The birdies are pretty." He then passes out again.

Mike looks over to Anthony. "I think we should take him to Mobius. It would be very relaxing." Jason just grumbles incoherently.

It has been about a week since that day. The outsiders have been welcomed to Mobius and are in fact staying in Anthony's old room.

~flashback~

The door opens to a spacious bedroom. It's got pretty much anything you could ever want in a room. Mike runs into the room. "I call the bed!" he screams. He leaps at the bed, and lands about three feet short, face first on the ground. Jason calmly walks over to the bed and sits down. "I call the bed," he says.

~end flashback~

Jason still isn't happy about being on Mobius. In fact they had to bribe him just to get him through the portal. They had Dr. Light make him a guitar with the same technology as the armor and weapons. It can retract into the neck, and then the neck shrinks to about five inches long. It has been a week of peace and clam, but all that is about to change.

A/N: Here I am once more. Just like to say that the villain will be showing up in the next chapter. Trust me when I say no one knows who it is. It is an original character. That's it for now. Till next time.