Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic and the Sword ❯ Chapter 9

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I am trying to update both of my stories more often. Chaos Vs. Chaos is finished, so I have more time on my hands for this and my megaman fic, a new threat. well, anyway, let's begin.

Disclaimer: I don't own these characters, or anything else, I sort of own Shadow's new abilities, but I got the Ideas from Chaos control, so they are only patially mine, oh, well. by the way, Dark Rex is owned by Mikewriter.

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

TEMPLE OF IMMORTALITY:

Link Sonic Shadow and Tails were in the temple, and to their surprise, the tempurature was nice and cool, not hot like the crater of the volcano. "Maybe there won't be any small enemies, like the last temple," Sonic said hopefully. "doubtful, there are always small enemies, maybe GEOS was like a zillion smaller enemies, so Ganondorf didn't think to put more in, so don't get your hopes up," Link said.

As if on que, four of the red stalfos dropped down from a ledge above. "maybe they'll open the door," Sonic said. "one thing, if they were going to open the door, would they be walking toward us with their swords drawn?" Shadow said, 'moron' he thought.

The Stalfos all ran at a seperate hero. Tails jumped backward to avoid a sword being swung at him, Link took out his mirror sheild, and started blocking, and Sonic and Shadow were running in circles, not even being swung at because the Stalfos couldn't even get close to them.

The red stalfos all suddenly stopped. they began walking toward each other. "oh no," Link said, realizing what they were doing. They destroyed each other, and regenerated into eight. but they stopped there. Then, they all turned into sperate balls of energy, and flew into each other. the ball quadrupled in size, and formed into a giant red Stalfos. It was 15ft tall, and was darker red than the smaller ones were.

"That can't be good," Tails said, as the giant Stalfos slammed the blade of the sword down right between Link and sonic, missing them each by an inch. "I think this would be a good time to run,"Link said. Everyone ran to a different corner of the room. Tails and Link were behind it, and Sonic and Shadow were in front, distracting it. Link and Tails ran up to it's ankles, and attacked them, cutting of it's feet. "maybe that wasn't such a good idea..." Tails said as the Giant stalfos regenerated, and another was formed. "not good!" Sonic said.

"Where is their leader?" Link asked, looking around. He saw a mural on the wall, it was of a purple Stalfos. 'maybe that's it' Link thought. Link got out a bomb, and destroyed the mural. both of The large red Stalfos looked over, surprised. Link threw his last bomb on the ground between them. they looked down, and the bomb exploded, shattering them. After the shower of bones stopped, Link and the others went through the next door.

"That was surprisingly easy," Tails said. "I doubt that's all that is going to happen," Link said, looking at the room they were in. "I'm out of ice arrows, magic, and bombs, hopefully we won't need that stuff, but you never know," Link said. "well, at least me and Shadow each have a Chaos emerald," Sonic said(Link gave one to Sonic after the fight with Chaos).

The room was well lit, but ominous. There was a dark sounding song being played on a Xylophone-like instrument, but you couldn't see it. "Man, this room is creepy," Sonic said. "boo," Shadow said. "ahh!" Sonic screamed like a little girl. "why have you been so evil toward each other recently?" Tails asked Sonic and Shadow. "I don't know, but that's not as important as that column of ominous grey smoke," Sonic said.

There was a column of smoke in the center of the room, and when it cleared, there was a Grey echidna, he looked like Knuckles, but was slightly taller, and had shorter dreadlocks, they only went down to his neck.(thank you Mikewriter for letting me use your character. "I am Dark Rex,eternal, undying, and forever. I have been told to kill you all," Said the scary looking Echidna. "now die...

TO BE CONTINUED

What power does Dark Rex have? Will Link, Sonic, Shadow and Tails be able to defeat him?

Next: surprising power

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Thanks again Mikewriter! Next chapter up soon. see ya!