Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic and the Sword ❯ Chapter 10

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I'm updating madly! Anyway, This chapter will be about a fight with Mikewriter's character, Dark Rex! enjoy...

Disclaimer:Don't own any characters, SEGA and nintendo own them, except Dark Rex, he is property of Mikewriter.

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

TEMPLE OF IMMORTALITY:

"I assume you came for this" Dark Rex said, holding out the pendant containing the key. "Just give it to us, and you won't have to die," Link said. "I don't think that will be a problem. now, who will fight me first?" Rex said. "Unless you all want to fight,"

With that, they all charged him. Link slashed him with his sword, and Sonic hit him with a homing attack. Rex's head just sort of popped off. "Eeek" Tails shouted, surprised, "You killed him!"

Then, a column of grey smoke rose from the ground, when it cleared, Rex stood there, unhurt. "Not good..." Link said. "I told you, I am Dark Rex, eternal, undying, and forever," Rex said. "I'll fight him first," Sonic said, Running at Rex. He started to throw a punch, and hit Rex in the face. Rex stumbled backward, and then jumped forward with his fist cocked back, Sonic didn't have time to react, and was hit in the stomach.



Sonic got the wind knocked out of him. Rex then used his other hand and landed a nice uppercut to the chin, sending Sonic up and back. Sonic fell down hard on his back. "foolish mortal," Rex said. He held his hand above his head, and formed three Shurikens. they were totally black. He hurled them toward Sonic. Sonic rolled over to the side to avoid the shurikens, but they exploded when they hit the ground, sending Sonic flying back, crashing into the wall behind him.

"how is he so powerful?" Link said. "we might not win guys," he said, looking at Tails and Shadow. Rex began walking forward, and stopped about 3ft in front of them. "it seems your friend will not be recovering soon," Rex said. "now who will fight me?"

Link walked forward. "Me, I'll fight," he said. He drew the master sword from it's holder.

"but I won't go easy," Link said, taking out his sheild. Rex held his hand in front of his chest, and formed a fist. A black light came from his hand, and formed a solid black kitana(a sword, you dolts). They charged at each other. Link was thrusting his sword at Rex, but Rex easily blocked all of the attempted strikes. "As I said, you are all foolish mortals," Rex said, swinging his Kitana at Link.

Link put up his sheild, and blocked the blow. He pushed Rex's Kitana aside with his sheild, and then planted a kick on Rex's chest. Rex was sent backward, he quickly recovered and leaped forward. Link swung his sheild at Rex, and hit him in the face, knocking him back through the air. Rex landed and rolled, so he got up without trouble.

Rex lunged at Link. Everything seemed to have stopped. Rex's Kitana was seen thrusting through Link's stomach. Link gagged, and fell down to the ground. "Noo!" Tails shouted, running over to link. "I-I'll be O.K. don't worry," Link said, he winced at the pain in his stomach, and then passed out. "now you have gone too far!!!" Shadow yelled, rushing toward Rex.

Rex had no time to react, Shadow punched him in the jaw, his stomach, his nose, and landed an uppercut to his chin. he kept this up 'till Rex was pinned against the wall. Then, Shadow hit Rex as hard as he could, Sending him through the wall, making a hole 20ft back. Rex got up, but was badly hurt. Rex was already starting to heal. "CHAOS BANISH" Shadow yelled, holding his Chaos emerald in front of him, facing Rex. A deep purple light pulsated out of the emerald. The emerald then shot out a black ball, the ball hit Rex in the chest, then engulfed him.

The black ball began shrinking, until it dissapeared completely. Shadow was panting. He fell down to his knees, holding himself up with his arms, worn out from the onslaught on Rex. He got up to find Sonic and Tails helping Link. He ran over. Link was sitting up, drinking a red-colored liquid. Link's wound began to heal. "What is that?" Shadow asked. "Life potion," Sonic replied. "he gave some to me too,"

As Link stood up, a Grey column of smoke rose from the ground. "It, can't be..." Sonic said. "I commend you, mortals, for defeating me, you have earned this," A transparent version of Rex said, giving them the pendant. "but you will be hearing from me again, soon..." He said before dissapearing.

Link took the pendant, and pocketed it quickly. "Well, we have one more key to go...

TO BE CONTINUED

Where is the last key? Will Dark Rex really be back?

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

I shall keep writing this fic 'till either I die, or it ends, neither will be happening any time soon, :)