Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic and the Sword ❯ Chapter 12

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
Well, time to return to normal with the story. If you thought there was a problem with last chapter, this one is completely different.

Disclaimer: I don't own this, SEGA and Nintendo owns these characters.

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

BEHIND THE WATERFALL:

As Shadow and Sonic stayed to the back to make sure nothing bad happened, Link and Tails stayed in front, ready to stop any threats that came their way. As they reached the end of the passage, Tails looked for a way through to the next room. The wall was solid at the end of the passage, and there seemed to be no indication of a way through. Sonic started tapping the wall at various places.

He came across a spot that was very hollow sounding. "Here, plant a bomb," Sonic said, pointing to the spot in the wall. Link set the bomb on the wall, and it exploded, knocking a hole through the spot. the hole was too small for any of them to fit through. Link put another bomb in the hole, making it wider when it exploded. He continued doing this, until the hole went all the way through to the other side, and everyone could fit.

TEMPLE OF DARKNESS:

As The group walked through the hole made by the bomb, they noticed that the walls had ancient inscriptions. No-one could read them, because they were in an incredibly ancient language. "This doesn't feel right," Sonic said, looking around. Tails was looking around as well. Shadow was looking over at Link. Link was walking forward, staring straight ahead. They entered a room, it was a large square, and most of the wall was white. The rest of the wall was a continuation of the odd inscriptions.

The floor was black, but the parts that reached the wall began to fade white. The room was suddenly darkened, and when it was lit again. There was a large black circle with a yellow eye around the top. It was floating a few inches off of the ground. It then lost all of it's shape, and turned into a dry puddle of glistening black. It slowly dissapeared, and in it's place, a huge Black spider appeared. It rose about 25ft off of the ground, and was a swirling mixture of Black and Gray. It's eyes were bright red.

"Darn, can't we ever make it through without stopping. We always have to find a mini-threat, why can't we just walk past it. It would be so much easier," Sonic said.

"But if we just walked past, then it would be too easy," Shadow said, about to run at the spider. He dashed off, and homing attacked the spider. The spider brought out it's front left leg, and knocked Shadow out of the air with a swipe. Shadow was sent into a wall. (A/N: I love sending my favorite characters into walls ^_^, I know, I'm strange...) Shadow got up, and looked like he was hurt, but walked toward the spider, looking very seious.

"Uh, you okay, Shadow?" Sonic asked. Shadow still walked toward the spider, ignoring Sonic.

"Shadow, we all have to take him together!" Link said, trying to stop him.

"Attack him if you want, but I am going to stop him in the easiest way possible," Shadow said, walking closer and closer to the spider. When he got up to the spider, Shadow pulled out a flashlight. He pointed it at the Spider, and turned it on. The light passed right through the spider, and it dissapeared (A/N: yes, I know that was stupid, but I don't even now what I was thinking, don't worry though, the next boss fight will be much longer and more detailed, I just HAD to put a mini boss in,).

"Well, that was totally pointless and dumb," Sonic said, blinking in surprise and the thought of how stupid Ganondorf is. "Maybe, I got what I wished for..." Sonic said, once again blinking. They walked out of the room. They walked down a hall again.

This time, the room they entered wasn't that big, was still square, but the center was completely black. The black ball with the yellow eye from before rose out of the darkness, and took all of the darkness with it. "I am shade," it said. "and I am afraid, that you are going to die, today..."

TO BE CONTINUED

What is shade? How will he attack? Will Sonic Shadow Tails and Link be able to win?

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

The end of the chapter has always made me feel really stupid, because I have nothing important to say.