Fan Fiction / Sonic Series Fan Fiction ❯ Sonic and the Sword ❯ Chapter 17

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]
I am updating at the speed of... the speed I'm updating!

Disclaimer: I don't own the characters... except Vescreth, his story and past are explained (partially)!

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

TEMPLE OF BETRAYAL:

Sonic was surprised at Vescreths speed. 'He may be even faster than me...' He thought. Vescreth was standing opposite him. 'And if he wants to help, that increases our chances against Ganondorf,' Sonic looked over to Link and Shadow. 'We can't do it without them, though,' He thought. As he was looking, Vescreth looked over to Link and Shadow as well.

Vescreth walked over, and kneeled down next to them. "You won't have to try to do it without them," He said, holding his right hand over Shadow. His hand began burning with a purple color. He placed his hand on Shadow, and Shadow began to burn purple as well. Then, Vescreth did the same to Link, and removed the master sword from his chest. Sonic and Tails' eyes widened, as Link and Shadow's wounds began to close up.

Shadow opened his eyes, and quickly got up. "Where is Dark Link?" He asked, shooting his gaze back and forth. He realised the room was not white anymore. "W-What happened?" He asked. Link got up soon after, and looked around, too. Shadow and Link both saw Vescreth at the same time. "Who are you?" They both asked at the same time.

"I'm Vescreth, and i'm here to help you stop Ganondorf. Now, I don't beleive we've met," Vescreth said in a cheery tone. Sonic was baffled, a second ago the guy had Red eyes, and now he was being all cheerful and nice. Vescreth walked over to Link. "Hello?" He said. Link just stood there, like he was hypnotised, until he snapped out of it.

"Oh, sorry, my name is Link," Link said. Vescreth began to shake his hand. Link returned the handshake. "How did you even get here?" Link asked. Shadow was just sort of standing there, not moving, almost like he couldn't. Shadow suddenly snapped out of it. He was looking kind of strange at himself.

"Well, I have always lived here. I am a time traveller, but I always return here. The reason I live here, is because of a prophecy I have heard, the prophecy says, and I quote, 'the being who can enter the Chamber of Betrayal, and survive, is the chosen one who will end the greatist existing evil of the time,'" Vescreth said. "Getting in is hard enough itself, but defeating your doubles is the real test. I couldn't help but return from the future upon getting the indication that the Temple had been infiltrated, of course, Technically Ganondorf cheated. Dark Link took the place of your double, Link. I realised this, and helped you win because of that." Vescreth said.

"So you say you're a time traveller?" Tails asked, "How?"

"Well, I am a half-demon. Time travel is my strongest asset, well, that and my healing powers. I only use my speed and teleportation when I have to," He replied.

"Half demon?" Sonic said, "and what's with the clothes?" Sonic asked, surveying the man's clothes. The Khakis were full of compartments and pockets, almost like he was in the army.



"Just some stuff I picked up in the future. I remember you guys were very popular at the time," Vescreth said, pointing to Sonic, Tails , and Shadow. "I hear you had saved the earth. Shadow, you were badly burned in the atmosphere, but healed quickly after you were found, I'm impressed with you all," He said.

"So, how long have you been here?" Sonic asked.

"20,000 years," Vescreth said, looking serious again.



Sonic, Link, Tails, and Shadow were shocked. He had been alive for 20,000 years, and he looked like he was 20 years old. Vescreth looked at them, he looked sad. 'he has probably seen the passing of a lot of his friends,' Link thought.

"No, not friends, I never had friends," Vescreth said, he was looking on in complete silence.

Link was surprised, 'Can he hear me think?' Link questioned himself.

"I am also a telepath," He said, still with the same, sad look in his blue eyes. "But it isn't useful during my life, only in battle, I can read an enemies moves. I don't like to fight. though I will if I have to," He was still sad.

"What's wrong?" Sonic asked.

"It's nothing, just, remembering," He said. "About my past, and my parents,"

Everyone fell silent, until Sonic said what everyone wished they could think, but didn't want to upset Vescreth. "What happened in your past?" Sonic asked quietly.

"I will tell you, but it's not a short story," Vescreth said, getting a small smile in.

"Tell us, please," Link said.

"Well, it all began with my father...

________________________________________________________________________ ____________________

Well, I hope I didn't bore and/or confuse you in any way with this chapter.The next chapter is mostly about Vescreth's past, and that's going to be a pretty cool little side story. See ya then!