Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Reaper ❯ Two Gifts ( Chapter 3 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Zoids, blah blah blah. I do own a model though. Yadda yadda yadda. I do own Nate Sindel, and other Characters that you have not heard of. And we can't forget the Death Raptor, and the Quantum Particle Cannon.

Third chapter, and I'm include the Backdraft in this one. You people remember that guy Altile right? Good. He was Pierce's first commander, back when she had the Zabat. The XGP is fixed and leaves, but this whole chapter is not about that. I know my chapters are a bit long, don't expect them to get shorter. After the Outlaw Star is fixed the two groups say their good byes and Nate gives Melfina something. Gene gets something too, something he needs. When that's done Mayuka gets the gift that she has been wanting for as long as she could remember. Try guessing what it is, you might be surprised.

The Reaper

Chapter 3: Three Gifts

Nate and Mayuka woke at the same time. He looked at the clock, 6:00 AM, right on time. They got off the couch, stretched, and went into the bathroom. There was a shower, but it wasn't the normal water shower. It's the kind from Star Trek called a sonic shower. It uses sound waves to gently blast away anything foreign on the user's skin. There was a seat inside it just big enough for two people.

They got undressed down to the extremities; Nate down to his boxers, Mayuka down to her bra and panties. Sitting down they felt the waves wash over them, it was almost as good as a real shower. Nate just closed his eyes and leaned back. Mayuka snuggled up against his shoulder. He put his arm around her and sighed.

Time passed all to quickly, thirty minutes feels like thirty seconds when you're in a sonic shower. Together they got up stepped out of the shower and got dressed. The living room was deserted when they got there. The soundly sleeping Aisha was gone. The door to the hangar was open, so that meant they were back at the ship. The sound of someone being shocked was all they needed to confirm their suspicions.

"How did you sleep?" Melfina asked when she saw them enter. She smiled and turned to Gene, who had his caster out.

"You don't want to duel, do you Gene?" Nate asked him in a low, cold voice. It was this voice that most of the opposing teams got freaked at.

"I slept very well, thank you Melfina," Mayuka cut in nudging Nate in the ribs, "How did you sleep?"

"We all slept just fine," Gene said staring at Nate, who still had his caster, loaded, at his hip.

The Outlaw Star was looking somewhat beat up. One of the grappler arms had a long gash in it. The other was fine. There was no ammo, one of the sub-ether engines was totaled and there was an imbalance in all for Newton Reactors. Nate just sighed and figured the sooner this is done the sooner their gone.

He stepped over to the console and began the repairs. His bionic left hand was a blur over the controls and his right hand manipulated the dozen small grappler arms. Mayuka was inside working on the internal systems that were damaged. Gene went about his business of supervising. Jim and Melfina went inside for a cup of coffee, after Nate told them where it was. Suzuka just sat at the open hangar door, watching the sunrise. Aisha was looking at the power components; she didn't touch though.

Nate didn't notice that she had moved up behind him and was looking over his shoulder. When he was fixing something nothing got in his way. Aisha's hand reached up and was about to press the blue butting that would release the anchors. His hand snapped up and grabbed her wrist.

"You almost dropped the ship," he said callously, "Don't do that again."

"Merow," was all she said and she pulled her hand away.

"I'm starting to see why people get annoyed with you."

With that said Aisha just skulked away.

By noon the repairs on the ship were almost finished. Nate wiped the sweat from his brow and worked on getting the left grappler arm to work. This was complex circuitry that was not very familiar to him. Mayuka had finished the internal repairs, all four Newton Reactors were working, and Gene had finally gone inside and stopped bothering him. It was about this time that he heard a haunting melody coming from outside. He stopped working and walked to the open hangar door. Melfina was standing there singing her song.

Author's Note: everyone who's seen the show knows the song so I'm not gonna write it out.

He just stood there and watched her sing. It reminded him of his own mother who would sing to him. It has to a coincidence, he told himself, but she looked like his mother. Her long black hair, her deep, dark eyes, even the way she moved. Then he felt a gun to back.

"What are you looking at, kid?" Gene asked from behind.

"She looks like my mother," Nate said in a voice that had lost all callousness.

"You're…you're mother?"

Instead of answering Nate just spun on his heel, sideswiped the gun out of Gene's hand, and, using his other arm, thre him to the ground.

"Yes, my mother, do you have a problem with that?" his foot was on Gene's chest and his hand was on his own caster.

"What's going on here?" Melfina asked, Nate hadn't even realized she stopped singing.

"Thank you for singing that song Melfina, it reminded me of better days," he stomp Gene's chest once and went back to work.

Melfina blushed at the compliment and stooped to help Gene. She helped him up and brought him inside to the living room. Aisha, Jim, Suzuka, and Mayuka were watching TV. It was the news at noon, updating all Zoid warriors on recent advances of some teams. The special report was on the Backdraft Organization's growing power, after losing so much at the Royal Cup Tournament.

"Rumors have been circulating that the Backdraft Organization has assembled a team of Deathsaurers. These Zoids are known for their exceptionally powerful Charged Particle Cannons," the announcer said, "If the rumors prove true we advise all teams in the sector to avoid the Backdraft at all costs."

Then there was an interview with a ZBC representative.

"We believe that the Backdraft will use these Deathsaurers, if they exist, to attack the Blitz team. It was, in fact the Blitz team's Liger Zero which stopped the Berserk Fury at the latest Royal Cup Tournament. It is only logical to believe because the Blitz team has defeated the Backdraft on several occasions. We want the public to know that our own team of Ultrasauruses."

Mayuka left the room to tell Nate about the news, but when she got there he was watching on the little screen in his console. The repairs had been finished so he was watching the news. He was watching the screen with an unbreakable stare.

"If it's true, then the Backdraft has too much power now," he said hearing her come in.

"It also means that they have an information leak," she said walking to stand next to him. She looped her arm in his and watched the small screen. A picture and specifications of the Deathsaurer were being shown now. "We should help them, even the Liger Zero can't handle even one of them."

"Yes," was all he said. He pulled the ring out again, "It's what he would have wanted."

"Mm," she said and leaned her head on his arm.

"We will wait till they make their move. Then, we will make ours."

"Right," she agreed then looked up at him. Seeing that he was looking at her their eyes locked. For the first time that Mayuka had know him, Nate leaned down and kissed her on the lips. She was stunned by it at first, but slowly got over her surprise. `I was right, he has changed," she thought happily.

They were not paying attention to the next thing that the news said, "All attempts to reach the warrior known as The Reaper have failed. We believe his com-system is turned off, or he might have gone and joined the Backdraft. We are aware that that is a very farfetched idea. Such an accomplished and decorated Zoid warrior could never do som-."

He was cut off when Nate turned it off. With that done he went back to the business at hand, kissing the women he loved.

"Are the repairs to myself completed yet?" Gilium asked sounding almost imapatient.

"They've been done for a half hour Gilium. I've increased the grappler arms power by one hundred and ten percent. Be sure to tell Gene that," Nate managed to say, though he had to break the kiss to do it.

"I am happy to hear that the repairs are finished," Melfina said from behind them. She was walking towards Nate in that type of step that his mother had. "We saw the news, is it true?"

"What, that I'm working for the Backdraft, no, it's not true," he said, staring into her eyes. Those eyes reminded him of her as well, his mother I mean. So deep and full of thoughts and questions. "Melfina I have something to give you."

He disengaged the catch on his chain and handed it, and the ring, to her. She took it and just looked at it, then she noticed the ring.

"It's my good luck charm, my father's ring," he said watching her reaction, "And the way you guys are going, you need some luck."

"I can't accept this," she said handing it back to him, "I'm worried what Gene might think if he saw me wearing it."

"He'll understand, it's not that I like you or anything Melfina," he said looking down, "It's just that you remind me of my mother when she was young. The way you move, and sing, and look; it's like seeing her again. But she's been dead for fifteen years, all I have of her are pictures and shattered memories."

Melfina reconsidered and accepted the chain from him.

"You'll be ready to launch inside half an hour if you want," Mayuka said checking the screen, "I'll go tell the others." She left and came back with the rest of the Outlaw Star's crew.

The ship was loaded and ready to go by 1300 hours. The two groups were saying their good byes. Melfina thanked Nate with a kiss on the cheek. Mayuka hugged them all except Gene, naturally. Aisha looked Nate and then hugged him thanking him for being so kind and understanding. He said your welcome, and to stop crushing his arm.

"I guess I don't know my own strength," she said laughing.

They all laughed and Nate handed Gene a small box. Upon opening it he saw fifteen caster shells. A few of them were extremely rare. He didn't know what to say, and that's when he noticed the piece of paper.

"Those are directions on how to make caster shells one through twenty. It should come in handy in the future," Nate said in the callous voice he used around Gene. He just moved to shake Suzuka's hand, leaving Gene to read the paper. Nate then stepped up to Jim. They got into a discussion about the wiring in the grappler arms.

"Nate they're going to miss the window," Mayuka said after getting out of a hug given by Aisha.

"Right, go now."

The outlaws and bounty hunter got onto the ship as the roof opened. The Outlaw Star was shifted into an upright position. Nate and Mayuka were safe behind the energy shield. Waving they watched the ship take off into the clear, blue sky. They watched it till it was just a small speck in the distance.

"I'm gonna call Fred Lo and tell him how much the repairs cost," Nate mused.

"You know what I'd like to do?" Mayuka asked in a very sensual sounding voice. Her blue, silver rimmed eyes stared into his different colored eyes.

"What?" he asked a million thoughts of what it might be flashed through his mind.

"I'd like to get some lunch," she said with a wide smile on her face. Both of their stomachs growled at the same time. He smiled back and they both went into the kitchen for lunch.

Meanwhile: at the Backdraft HQ

"Altile, we, the Committee of Seven, have chosen you to lead our Deathsaurers into battle against that wretched Blitz team," a dark voice spoke from nowhere in particular.

"Thank you, Count," Altile said bowing very low. He remembered his last encounter with the Blitz team all to well. The Raynos was his main target. If he could catch the pilot off guard somehow, then he could eliminate him. His head had even more streaks of gray than last time he was on a mission.

"You will not fail us this time, Altile, or you will face termination," a second dark voice, but a women's this time.

"Of course, Baroness," he bowed again.

"You will be attacking the Blitz team, as we had originally planned," the count continued, "But he have a greater threat, the Zeros team. Destroy them first, but do not use the Deathsaurers until you fight the Liger Zero."

"Of course, Count." Suddenly feeling young and alive again he turned on his heel and walked out of the meeting room, down the corridor, first right, then left, down a flight of stairs, another flight, and then left, right, right, left, more stairs, and he was in the hangar. Easy…right?

He looked up at the seven Deathsaurers; in his mind they were the most beautiful things he had ever seen. All of them had been modified. On one shoulder was a Long-range Particle Rifle, on the other was a Plasma Particle Gun, and in the mouth was the Charged Particle Cannon. The two in front of him were equipped with stealth cloaks. The two next to them had the most advanced energy shields. The last one had both, this was the lead Zoid. He laughed outloud, filling the base with an eerie silence.

"Soon, Zeros, soon," he said laughing again.

Two days later: at the Zeros base

"Maya, I have something to show you," Nate called from the hangar. He had gotten her the perfect present, and today was the perfect day to give it to her. He smiled when she came in, still rubbing the sleep from her eyes.

"What is it?" she asked somewhat annoyed. She had been dreaming of the day they would get married. As crazy as that seems.

Nate just smiled and pressed a red button in the very center of the console. The floor next to the Raptor opened and a platform began to rise.

Mayuka let out a, fully awake, squeal of delight when she saw what it was. It was a Zoid, and it looked just like the Raptor, except smaller, and blue, with silver stripes on its side. She ran up and looked at it, Nate walked forward with the small smile on his face.

"Happy birthday," he said before Mayuka got him in a giant bear hug. She was crying tears of joy. This is what she had wanted for years, and all Nate said was that he would eventually get her one. "Do you like it?" he asked when she finally let go.

"Like it, I love it," she said. It made Nate smile again just to see her like this. "Where did you get it? What's it called? You shouldn't have spent so much money."

"The answer to your first question is, I didn't buy it, I built it, using the schematics for the Raptor," he said holding her around the waist from behind, "I call it, the Blue Fury."

"Blue Fury," she repeated running the name through her mind again and again. She liked the name. She turned around in his arms and kissed him.

While they were kissing the screen on the console turned on. This always happens but anyway.

"Zeros team?" came Altile's voice, "Are you there Zeros team?"

They broke the kiss to answer.

"Yes, what is it?"

"I challenge you to an unofficial battle at three PM today," he said with a smirk, "If you're too afraid to fight us just say so."

"Sure, we'll be there," Mayuka said, "I can try out my new Zoid."

"WHAT?" Altile's expression changed, "You're only supposed to have one Zoid, that's what the information says."

"Birthday present," Nate said, "And because it's unofficial, she doesn't have to be registered yet. Bye bye." He turned off the screen and went back to kissing Mayuka. "Happy birthday, angel," he whispered in her ear.

"This ought to be fun, don't you think?" she asked as kissed his way down her next. By watching Nate battle she had learned all his moves, and come up with a few of her own. `He's probably figured those out already,' she thought to herself.

"You're gonna do great," he said straightening up. "After the battle I'm taking you to dinner, for your bitrhday, and victory celebration."

They laughed.

"Does the Blue Fury have a QPC or a CPC?" she asked anxiously.

"One QPC," he said, "I told you I modeled it after the Raptor. But there wasn't enough room for a second cannon."

"Okay, one should be enough," she giggled.

TBC

This is the end of the third chapter. I hope you people like it. I'm sorry for not really including The Blitz team too much, but they will show up in later chapters. In the second half of the next chapter definitely. The Backdraft finds the information leak. Jamie's dad finally gets a chance to tell Layon the truth about the letter, and he, Layon, forgives Tauros. The three of them take a group photo to replace the one that got burned at the Gentala Ruins battle. I'm probably gonna get sued for this but I have to steal something from another author's story, hope he doesn't mind. TTFN

P.S. R&R please