Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Reaper ❯ Jurai's Arrival, Mayuka's Decision ( Chapter 8 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I don't own Zoids, that series and the good products are owned by TOMY. Those American made motorized models aren't worth the money you pay for them. Tomy makes the fully poseable action figure Zoids. The list of items in this series is located in the disclaimer of chapter 6. There is a new entry to the list, Sen, the Organoid.

I'm finally going to put some Tenchi Muyo characters in this one. Besides Mayuka, who is already in the story. This is probably going to be a shorter chapter than most. Though most likely not. This is the last chapter till I get some reviews, and it will end on a rather odd note.

Chapter 8: Jurai's Arrival, Mayuka's Decision.

******

Zeros base: 4 PM, one week later

Nate sat up in his bed at the base. He opened his now fake right eye; it was the same color as his left eye. Looking down he saw his plated right arm. Now he was truly balanced, he mused to himself. Maybe he would get reconstuctive surgery done. Then he would be able to feel with his hands.

A delegation of Jurai would be coming here today. Mayuka had contacted her parents and asked them to postpone for a week. Her father reluctantly agreed when her mother placed a hand on his shoulder; a very firm hand. Tenchi and Sasami were looking forward to seeing their daughter. They were also bringing guests. Against her wishes they were bringing one of the many suitors from Jurai.

"That's the stupidest most idiotic thing I've ever heard of," he said to himself as he entered the shower. "Nobody wants to suddenly be thrown into a seemingly serious relationship, with someone they have never met."

He washed his right arm absent-mindedly, forgetting, for the moment, that it wasn't real. He wished he could feel with it.

`You're a genius, think of a way to integrate bio-matter onto your arm,' a voice in his head said, almost in a demanding tone.

He stepped out of the shower and into his room. Mayuka wasn't there. He didn't expect her to be, but something was there. On his bed were black robes, like the kind worn by Juraians. But these were different somehow. These were more like something a bounty hunter would wear. Turning from the robes he went into the closet and took out his normal baggy pants, and green tank top.

After those were on his pulled the robes over his head. There was no way he would fully dress like a Juraian; even if Mayuka asked him to. He suddenly thought, why are they black?

"God, why do I do these things?" he asked no one. Then he smacked his forehead, "Oh yeah, `cause of her." Laughing to himself he walked out the door.

"You look good in those," Mayuka said from where she sat on the couch. "They fit your personality."

"How's that?" he asked with a confused look on his face. "I was hoping for some really dark green."

"Those are really dark green, really dark," she said getting up and walking to him. He saw that she was wearing a robe exactly like his, except blue, with a wide, silver sash around her middle. She slipped her arms around his waist, got up on tiptoes and kissed him. He returned it. She pulled away and said, "Your robes fit you perfectly, Reaper."

He went slightly red; she never called him that.

"These robes are those that the god of Death wears, right?" he asked moving his arms to hold her around the waist. She nodded. He could understand why she had given him these, what he didn't get was why she chose today. "I have something to take care of in the hangar," he said letting go of her waist.

"What?" she asked looking into his now severely scarred face.

"It's a secret," he said giving he a kiss on the cheek and walking past her to the door. Rolling up the sleeves on his left arm.

He walked to the back table, which was littered with tools. Pushing aside some laser welders and a small screwdriver he found what he was looking for. It was something he had been working on for some time now, a condensed charged particle gun. He picked it up and held it to his left forearm, making sure it would fit. The particle gun was going inside his arm.

The tip of his right, forefinger opened to reveal a small piece of metal, about the size and shape of a pin. He pressed it to a small hole in his left wrist. The arm split in half, right up the middle. All the circuitry and hydraulics were exposed. He placed the small device inside; lining up the barrel with a small hole in his wrist, which led to his palm.

Picking up one of the lasers he secured the circuitry and all the essential parts to get it working. After finishing that he placed to pin into the hole again and closed his arm. He laughed to himself thinking, `If the suitor coming wants to duel, then I'll just have to accommodate him.'

"Oh I am a genius," he said out loud, "nobody can argue with that."

"Yup, no one can argue with that," Mayuka said from behind him. She slipped her arms around his waist from behind and just laid herself against his back. "You aren't going to fight, are you?"

"If I have to, besides you know I can handle myself," he said making a few simple adjustments to the small circle in his palm.

"If you do end up fighting, please get it over with quickly," she moved beside him and looked what he was doing. "You don't plan on using that, right?"

"No, I don't plan use it on him, I'm gonna use it to scare him a bit," Nate said with a laugh. "They're coming in half an hour, right?"

She nodded and turned to look at the Blue Fury. If she did end up leaving she wouldn't be able to bring it with her. He Zoid was like a best friend to her, someone she could confide all her secrets to with complete trust. `You won't keep this promise even if I do ask you, but here goes,' she thought.

"Promise not to hurt him too much," she said looking into his eyes, she thought she had almost seen a tear. `He thinks I'm actually going to leave.'

"It depends on how reacts to where you've been living, what you've been doing, and who you've been keeping as company," he said with a straight face, he was expecting a snobbish brat. "It mostly depends on how he thinks he knows you." He leaned down and kissed her forehead, "Most guys don't go for the innocent tomboy kind of girl, but that's why I like you."

She smiled, but she wanted to hear him laugh again, just to know she was safe.

"Nate, could you laugh for me?" the innocent look was back on her face. The look on her face would have been enough to make any man die laughing, just to impress her. He just smiled and made a noise that sounded like a huff mixed with a hm. It made her laugh; that was all she needed to hear. "Thanks," she said laying her head on his shoulder.

"Anytime."

(You're all probably wondering where Sen is during all this. He's sleeping out back in the greenhouse. They live in a desert, how do you think they get their fruit and veggies?)

Same place: half an hour later, out in front of the base

The Jurai ship was hovering over the desert, casting a great shadow. It didn't seem big, but it was way up there; about 1000 feet up. Nate and Mayuka waited outside, standing side by side. Sen was standing beside them, looking at the ship in confusion.

(The Jurai ship is the one from Tenchi Muyo #13: Here Comes Jurai!)

A purple sphere was released from the side of the ship, and descended towards them, quickly. When it landed Sen hissed at it, but Nate quieted him. The sphere disappeared and there stood Tenchi and Sasami; the king and queen of Jurai. The first thing Sasami did, besides cry tears of joy, was run up and grab Mayuka in a hug that knocked the wind out her.

Tenchi walked forward and held out his hand to Nate, who shook it without care of who was on the other end. He squeezed Tenchi's hand with his cybernetic hand. Tenchi winced, but it was only for a split second. Nate took notice and let go. When he did Sasami caught him a bear hug, much like the ones her own mother gives. She thanked him for taking such good care of her only daughter.

"She mostly took care of me," he joked when Sasami let go and he could breathe. "I don't know what I would do without her. Oh…wait…yes I do, I'd kill myself." They laughed and Mayuka blushed just a tiny bit.

"You wouldn't kill yourself," Mayuka said smacking his arm. "I know for a fact that you'd move on and find someone else."

"Not after eight years."

"Princess Mayuka!" a voice yelled from the distance. Just hearing someone call her "princess" was enough to make Mayuka cringe. The man who owned the voice walked forward. He was big in the muscle department; his arms were about the size of Nate's thigh. I'm not even gonna go into describing any other part of him. He went down on one knee in front of Mayuka, took one of her hands in his and kissed it. She cringed and looked at Nate, but his eyes were a cold steel green, and she couldn't see what he was thinking. "I have come to ask for your hand in marriage."

"No," she answered in a flat tone.

It just made him laugh.

"You can't refuse, it is your duty to marry me," he said standing to his full height, about a head taller than Nate. "I asked your father for your hand and he agreed."

"On one condition Kinogi," Tenchi said from behind him, "You have to beat him in a match." He pointed to Nate, who simply stood there.

Nate's lifeless eyes looked his opponent over.

"This shouldn't be too hard," he said turning to face his adversary.

"You have no idea what you're saying, do you, you savage," Kinogi laughed louder. "I doubt your feeble brain can even fathom my power."

"Tenchi, why did you bring someone so ignorant?" Nate laughed, "You could have at least told him about me. I'll get this over with quickly."

Kinogi just laughed louder, and louder. He was laughing so hard his eyes were closed. Because they were closed he didn't see Nate walk behind him. He just reached up and grabbed Kinogi by the scruff of the neck; which turns out is his spinal cord. With a smile on his face Nate yanked to suitor of the ground, up over his head, and slammed him right back into the hard packed earth.

Kinogi was just laying there, a look of a silent scream petrified on his face. Nate's grab had put some pressure on his windpipe; in other words he couldn't breathe. His eyes were all bugged out and they were those little anime spiral thingys. His eyes returned to normal and he let out another silent scream. He was looking up into Nate's open palm where a mass of blue energy was forming a ball. A smirk was forming at the corners of his mouth.

"Nate you said you wouldn't!" Mayuka yelled.

"I said I wouldn't use it on him!" he yelled back. His smirk turned into a toothy grin, revealing some fangs, when his hand snapped up and to the side. The particle gun fired a beam of blue/white light across the desert. It hit and the explosion was not too big, but not too small either. He just smiled and closed the hole in his palm.

Kinogi just stayed on the ground; eyes bugged out, and mouth hanging open.

Nate walked over to Tenchi and Sasami.

"I already have Mayuka's consent, though unspoken, now I need yours," he said. He wasn't too good at asking for things that were really important.

Tenchi, however, understood perfectly. He placed a hand on Nate's shoulder and nodded. Looking to his right Sasami was gone; she was behind him hugging Mayuka very, very tightly. So tightly, in fact, that her face was turning the same color as her hair. All Nate could do was smile and nod.

Same place: ten minutes later, inside the base

"There is still the issue of Mayuka coming back to Jurai with us," Sasami said from her seat at the kitchen table. "This feels good, it's been so long since I've sat at a cozy little table." She was referring to her time on earth. She still thinks of it as the best years of her life. She sipped her tea and marveled at how good it was; obviously it would make a good contender of her own.

"Isn't that a decision she should make?" Nate asked he had shed the Jurai robes and sat in a green judo gi. It was only the top half though; he had on his baggy green pants. "She is over the age where you have complete decision making power."

"I suppose, but I had hoped she would come back," Tenchi said looking up at the swirling ceiling fan. "But we can be content with just visiting. Would you like that Mayuka, for us to visit every one in a while."

"Yeah, that would be great," she said her arms crossed on the table, and her chin on top of them. "I would go back to Jurai if I hadn't spent so much time here. I'm a Zoid warrior and nothing is going to change my mind about it. It's so much fun. You've got to try it."

"I'm glad you won, Nate," Sasami said smiling at him. "Kinogi is a selfish bastard and the entire family hates him. Though nobody would give a damn if we exiled him, or just let him stay. He was the only one who thought Mayuka's personality would have stayed the same over those thirteen years you were away."

"What do you mean?" Nate asked turning to look at her; he had been staring at Mayuka.

"When you had been on Jurai, you acted a lot like people would expect royalty to act," she said looking at Mayuka. "But your time on Earth, living with Tenchi's family, you changed. You became who you are now."

"Good thing that happened," Mayuka said with a cheerful smile. Her smile would have been enough to melt the coldest heart. This was true for Nate, though he never let her notice it.

"Well we must be going," Tenchi said as he stood and finished his tea. "Very good tea, it might be better than Sasami's." He smiled and set the cup down on the table. Sasami had a glare on her face, though she was smiling. He cringed a little at seeing this.

"No one's tea is better than mine," she said with a laugh, "though this comes in a very close second." She set her cup down and congratulated the two of them one more time.

Nate and Mayuka showed them to the door and watched as Tenchi kicked Kinogi back to consciousness. He groaned and rolled over, then stood up.

"Did I get him?" he asked dumbly.

"No, you didn't get me," Nate yelled with a laugh as he put his arm around Mayuka's shoulder. "And there won't be a next time so even bother saying it."

Kinogi shut his mouth when he heard that. It was exactly what he was about to use as a threat. Turning around he skulked away, and stood next to Tenchi. The purple sphere surrounded them again and they were brought back to the ship. Mayuka waved as it ascended; Nate just stood smiling up it.

They walked back to the base, going in through the hangar. There was a small beeping noise coming from the console. Nate walked over and saw the small red light flashing. Then the ever-annoying voice said.

"You've got mail."

Nate sighed and pressed the button. A letter appeared on the screen in an envelope. The envelope opened and the letter slid out. It unfolded itself and covered the screen. He didn't know what to make of it.

"Greeting Nate. I have searched far and wide for you, but I have always come up empty handed. I see that you have found someone to be with. I am happy for you. I am looking forward to meeting the girl who could finally melt your cold heart. You do know me, you just might not remember. I would like to meet you two for lunch or dinner sometime. If you decide to not answer this e-mail I will be forced to come to your home and meet you there. If you do reply to this e-mail then tell me where you wish to meet, and give some directions. Congratulations on defeating the Deathsaurers. The entire Backdraft has been apprehended because of it. I look forward to seeing you in person again, little brother. ~ signed, Anonymous."

"Who do you think sent it?" Mayuka asked looking at the letter. She was as surprised as he was.

"Little brother?" Nate asked himself. He didn't remember having any sort of sibling. If he did he would surely know about it.

Not TBC

This is sure a cliffhanger, isn't it. I'm ending the story here, like most anime series end their stories. I will write more, but it will be a different story, and I will only write if I get more reviews. I only have two at the moment and one of them I can't read. If you review I will promise to put the best sounding ideas in the story. Thank you.

Berserk Fury (berserk_fury001@yahoo.com)