Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction / Cowboy Bebop Fan Fiction / Outlaw Star Fan Fiction / Tenchi Muyo Fan Fiction ❯ The Reaper ❯ Backdraft's Back, Death Raptor Evolves to Raptor Zero ( Chapter 11 )

[ T - Teen: Not suitable for readers under 13 ]

Disclaimer: I do not own Zoids, for the aspects of this story that I do own see earlier chapters.

I hope you liked the last chapter. This is a little later than I wanted to write this but I was working on another story. This is not the last chapter, but it will be if I don't get more reviews. I'm going to use Child of Fire's idea. Though it won't happen till later in the chapter. Anyway the chapter starts a few days after the last chapter ends. Isalina is getting her first Zoid. It's another Liger Zero, though not with an Organoid system. That is why I put Sen in the story. He is Isa's Organoid. There are also new armors for this Liger. The colors are white, black, and red. White is the Zero armor, duh; black is the Stelan, Latin for stealth; red is the Scield, Latin for shield. I used the Latin words to make the armors sound cool. Isalina's has a different name from Bit's; hers is the Liger 01. The Stelan armor has an advanced stealth shield; it cannot be detected by any means, even infrared, like most hidden Zoids are found. The Scield has a very advanced shield; this armor also gives the Liger saber fangs, and two blades on the sides; like the Blade Liger. The blades are silver. All five armors are interchangeable; meaning that the Liger Zero and the Liger 01 can use each other's armors. Long chapter this time, hope you don't mind.

` ' thought

(A/N:) author's notes

Chapter 11: Backdraft's Back, Death Raptor Evolves to Raptor Zero

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~* ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Time: 2:30 PM; place: Harpa Canyon

Nate sat in the Raptor's cockpit, staring at the pitiful Gojulas in front of him. He had playfully chased him into a box canyon; the only way out, up. Mayuka had already taken out the Rev Raptors, now it was his turn. Leena wiped out the Spino Sappas, and Bit was taunting the Black Blade Liger. A face appeared on the screen in front of him.

"Hey, Sindel," the smiling face of John Clin, leader of the Saurus Team, said, "I screwed your mom the other day."

"My mother has been dead for twenty one years," Nate replied coldly. He tilted his Zoid from side to side, easily avoid the Gojulas Cannon fire. He started to walk the Raptor forward slowly, building up to a run.

"I hope your daughter is safe," John said howling in laughter. He was just a complete idiot when it came to taunting; never said the right thing.

"Why wouldn't she be, she's right here," Nate said as the Raptor hit and passed the sound barrier. Going passed the Gojulas, up the canyon wall, and up to the top. The sonicboom was contained within the canyon; this only gave it more power. The Gojulas never knew what hit it. There was an explosion, and Nate could see the small figure open a parachute and drift to the ground. He turned around to look at the seat behind his, "You doin' okay?"

"Yeah Dad," Isalina said from the back seat, "cool move."

The cockpit of both the Raptor and the Blue Fury were modified so that two or three people can be inside at once.

"The battle is over, the battle is over," the judge said. "The winners are…the Blitz and Zero Teams." The left arm went up to signify this.

Leena's demonic laughter could be heard over the comlink, and it echoed around the canyons. They all mobilized their Zoids back to the green Whale King on the edge of the canyon. The mouth opened and they put the Zoids inside. Waiting in the hangar was Sen, who immediately nuzzled Isa's cheek when she was out of the Raptor. She laughed and climbed onto his back.

They didn't know they were being watched by none other than Sara and Vega Obscura. Behind them was Vega's red Geno Breaker; it's cold eyes staring blankly at the green Whale King. The Backdraft uploaded all the combat data from the Berserk Fury into this Geno Breaker. Therefore, it is just as good as an Ultimate X.

"The girl would make a good hostage," Sara said with the old smile on her face. "We could use her to get the Raptor."

"The Backdraft tried that already, with the Liger Zero," Vega objected. "Besides only he can pilot it. Take her if you want, but what use would she be except to get him mad. You know what happens when he gets mad, don't you?"

"Yes, but the Neo Backdraft will not make the same mistake," she said with a slight chuckle. "We will not ask for the Raptor, we will have him use it for us. As long as we have his daughter, the Zeros Team will work for us."

"That is the best way to do this," Vega agreed. "But I'd still rather fight him with the Geno Breaker." From behind him the Zoid let out a growl of approval.

11 PM, a few weeks later, Zeros Base

Nate stood in his workshop beneath the main hangar. This is where all the maintenance for the Zoids was done; this is also where the Whale King is stored. Most of the power components have been loaded onto the Whale King in order for faster transformations. He was looking at the white Liger in front of him, hoping his daughter would like it. Ever since she saw Bit's Liger Zero, she's wanted one of her own. He had been hoping she would want a raptor type, but she liked the lion/tiger types.

Unlike Bit's this Liger was not an Ultimate X. It could be an Ultimate X, but that meant that Isalina would never `see' Sen again. Isa and the green Organoid were the best of friends ever since she could crawl around on her own. Having the Organoid around was like having someone to permanently watch over Isa. And maybe, in the future, when she starts her own team, Sen would bond with the Liger 01 forever; maybe.

"She's gonna love this," he said into the silence that pressed against him. Smiling he turned off the lights and started to the stairs.

It took him a long time to find that white Liger; almost three years. But to see the look on his daughter's face would make the time and money spent all worth it.

"How's the present?" Mayuka asked as he stepped off the top step into the main hangar.

"Just fine," he answered before attempting, and failing, to stifle a yawn.

"While you were down there, I got a letter from the Neo Backdraft Group," she continued in a somewhat hoarse voice.

"What did they want?"

"They asked if our daughter was truly safe," she answered with a slight shiver in her voice.

"If they come anywhere near this base," he said in a cold voice, "I'll kill them."

I'm not sure if I mentioned this or not, but it was the Backdraft Group the set the charges on the gate 15 years earlier. It was them who killed his father, and he had sworn to get revenge. Mayuka had no reason to doubt this, but when she asked he said he had already gotten revenge. She knew he was lying, trying to make the Deathsaurer battle seem like it. She knew the truth, she knew he wanted to completely eradicate the entire Backdraft; every last one of them.

"I also got a call from Leena," she stepped up and laid herself against his chest.

"What did they want?" his tone changing from cold to pleasant.

"They wanted to confirm the date and time of the party," she leaned her head up and gently kissed him. "It's her sixth birthday in a few days, and she has no idea we're planning a surprise party."

"I can't wait to see the look on her face when she sees her very own Liger."

"Think she'll be better than both of us?"

"Maybe in a few years," he said wrapping his arms around her waist and pulling her closer. "I can't wait till then."

"We could change the team name," Mayuka suggested out of the blue.

"What did you have in mind?"

"I was thinking the Reaper's team," she chuckled lightly at this. "People have started calling me the Angel of Death."

"The Grim Reaper, the Angel of Death, what should we call Isa?" he inquired leaning down to kiss her again.

"She should choose her own."

"Hard to place, isn't she?" he shifted himself against the wall which he leaned upon.

"Yeah."

They gradually slid down to rest on the floor. Nate with his back against the wall, and Mayuka laying against his chest. Later than night Isa woke up to get a snack and found the hangar door open. She found her parents there, lying against each other. Going into the living room she opened the drawer in the bottom of the couch. Grabbing a blanket and a pillow she went back into the hangar. After throwing the pillow over her parents, she placed the pillow against the wall and slid her father over onto it. No easy feat for a child of five, but she is their daughter. She then lifted her father's right arm and snuggled up under it.

7 AM the next morning, Zeros' base

Nate sat at the kitchen table; Isa was sitting to his right. She was somewhat short and had to sit on the dictionary, which was now much larger than the dictionary we all know today. It was Mayuka's day to cook, meaning that tomorrow was his day. When he cooked he would always have his daughter on his shoulders, watching him. She could probably cook herself, but being so young they were willing to wait.

"So, what's for breakfast?" he asked rhythmically tapping his fork on his plate. The tapping was the tune to Union Underground's `Revolution Man'; good song.

"Mommy, I'm hungry," Isa whined following her father's lead. Noises always made Mayuka cook faster and, for some reason, better.

"Bacon, egg, and cheese omelet," she said scooping one of the plate-sized omelets with the spatula onto Nate's plate. She gave Isa the small one, and for herself she had a middle-sized omelet.

"Looks good," Nate said while cutting up Isa's for her. When that was done he eagerly ate his. This was something new and he almost fell off his chair in delight of the taste.

"Taste good?" Mayuka asked looking down at her husband writhing on the floor. "Or too good?"

"Too good, but that's the way it should be done," he finally said getting back onto his chair.

"Mom this is the best ever!" Isa said from across the table. Hers was already

"I'm glad you both like it," Mayuka said blushing lightly. She knew her cooking was nowhere near her mother's, but when her two `critics' responded like this, it made her feel as if she was just as good as her mother.

"Dad, I locked up for you last night, you forgot to," Isa said earning a questioning look from her father.

"Did you activate the shield?" he inquired quirking an eyebrow at her.

"No, the controls for that are in your workshop," she responded.

"He's just testing you, I turned it on last night," Mayuka said so Isa would stop worrying.

"Isa, I'm taking the Raptor for a run tomorrow," Nate started, "would you like to come, I want to show you a new move."

"Okay, sounds like fun," she said completely oblivious to the date; she had no idea it was her birthday tomorrow.

When breakfast was over they all went into the hangar to do maintenance on their Zoids. Isa was content with watching her father's arms moves swiftly over the controls. This went on for a few hours before Nate suddenly slammed his hand on the console.

"What do you say we go for that run today?" he asked the girl, who had now fallen over in surprise.

"Yeah, I was hoping my staring would get to you," she said happily jumping against her father.

"It wasn't that, I was just getting bored. Besides, Raptor hasn't got anything to fix." The green Zoid growled its agreement to the decision. "Get in the cockpit," he said helping her into the cockpit.

The main door started to slowly open, very slowly. Nate figured he would have to tweak it, just a bit. The door finally opened and they took off, running a few meters then breaking the sound barrier and swiftly moving out of the line of sight.

A few hours later

Nate stopped the Death Raptor behind his cousin's restaurant. Jumping down to the ground he turned quickly and caught Isa just before she hit the ground. They walked around front and through the door. There on two of the barstools were Spike and Julia. They were talking to Danni about purchasing a powerful anti-Zoid rifle.

"Hey Aunt Julia, Uncle Spike," Isa said running up and hugging them both.

"Hello?" Spike asked in an amused tone.

"Nate what have you been feeding her, she's giant," Julia said hugging her brother.

"Ask my wife, she does the shopping," he said sitting next to her. Isa hopped onto the stool next to him. "So what bring you two to Zi?"

"We plan on living here," Spike answered, "It's an out of the way planet, and besides, we're dead." Nate chuckled remembering the death certificates they had shown him.

"They still looking for you?"

"Who Daddy?"

"Some people who are no one's friends," he told her sternly.

"Oh, like the Backdraft?"

"Exactly like the Backdraft."

When that was finally over Julia answered his question, "They have a full solar system search going on. Even paid off the I.S.S.P. to search too, put a bounty on our heads."

"We figured this would be the best place to be," Spike continued for her, "we've found a nice, very secluded spot, but there are wild Zoids all over the place. I was just asking Danni what kind of rifle would be best."

"And I was telling him that the Fina 760 was top of the line," Danni said placing a bottle of old style Sam Adams beer in front of Nate. She put a glass of chocolate milk in front of Isa, who eagerly grabbed it and started gulping it down.

"It's getting hot out there," Nate said seeing something out of the corner of his eye. Someone was watching them, someone familiar. He recognized the black hair. Vega Obscura.

"You should take some water with you," Danni suggested.

"Already got water in the cockpit, and the A/C up all the way," Nate said still watching Vega through the corner of his eye.

Then it happened, the door burst open and ten people wearing black pilot suits with BD on the back in red ran in with rifles. Each person pointed his gun at a different person. Most put their hands up, but Nate, Spike, Isa and Julia didn't, neither did Vega. He stood and greeted the woman walking in.

"Sara," Nate said in a low hiss, through gritted teeth.

"Hello Reaper," Sara said stepping up to him. "I see the rumors are true, you have settled down."

"That's what people do when they're not in love with themselves," he spat at her earning him a slap to the face. He just smiled and continued to glare at her.

"Grab the girl," Sara commanded. One of the uniformed men grabbed Isa and put a cloth soaked with chloroform to her mouth and nose. Nate couldn't do anything, he knew somehow that this was going to happen, and he knew what to do.

"I have a proposition for you Reaper," Vega said stepping forward. "You help us to take down the Zoids Battle Commission, and we'll give you your daughter back. You have one week to decide."

With that said the Backdraft operatives left the bar and took off in a series of black jeeps. Nate's hands were balled into fists. He stood slowly, and ran out of the bar, around back, and jump into the Raptor. When he pulled it around front, the jeeps were gone. Nowhere to be seen. But he knew where they were headed.

He quickly turned, and ran back to the base to tell Mayuka, who, he was sure, had probably already gotten a transmission.

He reached the base and jumped before the Raptor had even stopped running. Hitting the ground and rolling he jumped up and ran to the door. Wrenching it open he saw Mayuka slumped over the console. Tears streaming down her face. Stepping up behind her he put his hand on her shoulder, she turned to look at him. Her eyes were no longer blue, but bright red, red as blood.

"You gonna do it?" she asked almost sounding as if she'd already accepted. She was good, but she wasn't good enough to take on the entire Backdraft.

"I'll bring her home," he said softly, "count on it." He turned to the green Organoid, "You better get ready."

Sen nodded. Mayuka pressed a button on the console; the floor next to the Blue Fury opened and up raised the White Liger 01. Sen's rocket boosters opened on his back and he shot straight at the Liger's side. Hitting it full force he was absorbed into it, and wrapped himself around the Zoid Core. The green eyes of the Liger flashed menacingly.

"Good, Mayuka, get the Whale King and load the Liger onto it," Nate commanded, "I'm going on foot, so to speak."

"Right," Mayuka said, "Come on Sen, we gotta get the Whale King." Then turning to her husband she asked, "Do you know where they are."

"Yes," he said before closing the door with a terrific slam. He did indeed know about the black tower of the Backdraft. It was located on an old battlefield no one used anymore. At the center of a ruined city. Oh yes, he knew exactly where it was.

He was in the Raptor and off at full speed before he could fully comprehend what he was doing. A look of cold rage was fixed on his face, and nothing would steer him from his main objective. Almost nothing, he had to tell the others where he was going to do. Opening a channel to the Whale King he saw Mayuka's still red eyes staring at him.

"We need to make a slight detour," he said she simply nodded her head, "Toros base, in five minutes, okay?" She nodded again. It would only take five minutes to get there. Nate punched the throttle and felt the g-forces build up against his body.

Ten minutes later

Bit slammed his hands down on the table, "You can't be serious, taking on the entire Backdraft? Not to mention you don't know where their base is."

"I do know where it is," Nate said he was the only one standing at the moment, "Layon told me years ago." He looked around at the group assembled at the Toros base. The Lightening Team, the Champ Team, the Flugal Team, the Blade Team, and even the Imperial Team were all there.

"I agree with Bit," Leena said, "it's suicide to attack, and alone, what are you thinking?"

"I don't plan on taking them on myself," he said, "I need you to keep them off me so I can get in close."

"We'll do it," Stoller said surprising everyone; he rarely spoke. "We should all know where that tower is, and we should all know our place."

"Right," Pierce agreed, "no what's the plan?"

"There is no plan," Nate said. "We go in, kick their asses, get out, and blow the whole fuckin' place to hell."

"I just want everyone to know that some urgent business has come up, and I must leave," Harry said jumping out of his seat, grabbing his robots, and making a mad dash for the door.

"I'll help any way I can," Mary said standing to make her point clear. "All I want is to get her back, nothing else matters."

"Are you willing to throw away your life if the situation arrives?" Nate asked his voice like ice.

"Yes."

"Good, if you're willing to then everyone here should," he said with a laugh.

Just then Toros rushed in with two models in his hands.

"Everyone I just finished these," he said happily. "See, it's a Deathsaurer, and this one is an Ultrasaurus. And why is everyone so serious?"

"My daughter has been kidnapped and all you can think about is models," Nate asked wrapping his hand around Toros' throat. "Cool Ultrasaurus by the way, it's probably the only Isa doesn't have yet."

"Nate, let go of my Dad!"

"Come on man, put him down!"

"Let's just relax here, we've got to work on a plan of attack!"

"Put him down Reaper," an equally cold voice said, Stoller. "We have to concentrate on the matter at hand."

Finally letting go of Toros he, Toros, slumped to the ground.

"You okay Doc?" Jamie asked helping him up.

"Yeah, thanks," Toros said sitting down in the chair closest to him. "I'm sorry if I came in at a bad time. If I knew about the situation I wouldn't have done this. Do you really think my Ultrasaurus is that cool?"

"We'll help," Jack said speaking for the whole of the Lightening Team. "You people are like family, and family has to stick together."

"Beautiful speech," Ricky said clapping, "now can we get going."

3 hours later, ruins of Kintara City

The Death Raptor walked calmly down the center-street. Everyone else was behind him, battling an overwhelming army of drones. Sen was trotting along side. It was strange but every time a group of enemy Zoids attacked, they were all down on the ground, shredded, before they knew what was going on. Then Nate saw them; a gang of Gun Snipers on the roof tops all aiming for him.

"You want a piece of me?" he yelled and stopped walking.

The twelve-foot claws on the Raptor secured themselves in the cracked pavement. It settled itself down into a crouch and opened its mouth, revealing the Quantum Particle Cannon. The blue ball of energy was growing larger.

"Quantum Particle Cannon…FIRE!" he yelled and the beam erupted out towards the first Gun Sniper. It hit and the Zoid was incinerated, but that was not it. The Death Raptor turned its head taking out the other five with ease. When it was over the Raptor continued forward.

Five Rev Raptors jumped out from behind the buildings only to be shredded like the rest. Another five tried to attack from behind but again, mysteriously, were shredded. While all these Zoids were being shredded around the Raptor it looked as if the Raptor never moved. Let us slow down the camera so we can see what is happening. A group of Dark Horns attacks, gun blazing.

"STRIKE IRON CLAW!" Nate yells and the Raptor jumps into the air. The claws on its feet and the tail scythe whip out faster than the eye can see. The Raptor lands and the Dark Horns fall, shredded like the others. The Death Raptor simply continued walking.

He was right in front of the black tower when they attacked. Three Death Stingers, all charging the Particle Cannons on their tails. The Raptor ran forward and sliced the Stingers to tiny bits. Now all to be seen was a red dinosaur Zoid.

"Hello Reaper," a familiar voice said over the com. "I'm surprised you made it this far."

"Vega, I have two words for you," Nate's cold voice responded, "good bye."

Just then the Raptor began to glow a bright white. The brightness was to enough to cause everyone to close their eyes and hold their hands up over their faces. Nate had a strange felling of floating. When he opened his eyes he wasn't in the Raptor's cockpit any more. He was standing in the middle of a field full of flowers.

`If this is death, then it ain't too bad,' he thought.

In front of him was a headstone. Bending down to read the epitaph he held his breath.

Here lies

Erica Sindel

Beloved wife and mother

Selfless and forgiving

May her spirit watch over you

At all times

Born: August 2, 2046

Died: October 9, 2078

At age 32

He stood and wiped a tear from his eye.

"Why did you have to die Mom?" he asked the empty field.

"It was my time," a voice said making his head snap up and look forward. "I wish I didn't have to, but you can't change the past."

"Mom?" he whispered staring at the woman in front of him. She looked exactly as his memory remembered her. She held out her arms as if wanting a hug, he stepped forward and hugged his mother.

"Nate, there's something you need to know," his mother whispered in his ear. "I am not your real mother. Your father and I found you in capsule, when we came to planet Zi for a vacation. Actually it was your sister that found you."

"So," he said, "I'm an ancient Zoidian?"

His mother nodded.

"You have the power to do great things Nate," she said, "greater than you, or I, or anyone could ever imagine. Now go and protect you family."

"Right."

There was a blinding light and he was returned to the cockpit from which he never truly left. Looking down at him self he saw that he was whole. He no longer had his cybernetic arms; they were organic now, and felt just as strong as his prosthetic ones did. Looking in a mirror in front of him he saw that his eyes were back as well.

The Raptor had also changed; it was now covered in an unnaturally white armor. Picture the Liger Zero's armor, and now conform it to match the Raptor's design. This was no longer the Death Raptor. It was now the Raptor Zero.

Vega was staring in disbelief at the new Zoid standing in front of him.

"No way could this be good," he mumbled to himself.

Nate looked down at the Liger 01, "Sen, go get Isa, you know what to do."

The Liger nodded and ran full speed towards the black tower. The Geno Breaker didn't even move to stop it. It crashed through the wall and kept going till it disappeared. He could tell it had crashed through the other side and Isa's face appeared in front of him.

"Hi Dad," she said in a very scared but cheerful voice.

"Isa, get as far away from here as you possibly can," he said to her. "By the way that is your Zoid, the Liger 01."

"Cool, thanks Dad," she yelled back, "and be careful."

The Liger 01 slowly retreated, as if it didn't want to leave.

"Okay Vega, give me your best shot!"

The Geno Breaker ran forward; it was fast but not fast enough. The Raptor opened the smoke discharger and disappeared. When the smoke cleared all Vega could see was a hole in the ground.

"So, trying to escape underground," he said. "Well think aga…AAAAAAAAHHHHHHH!"

The Geno Breaker was suddenly forced to the ground by something heavy landing on top of it.

"Hahahahaha," Nate laughed at Vega's stupidity, "I can't believe you fell for the old fake out." He laughed some more before ramming the Raptor's forehead spike down into the back of the Geno Breaker. It sliced right down through the Zoid Core, and right down through the cockpit, which was inside the chest. It missed Vega by mere millimeters. He pulled the spike out and jumped off the now useless Zoid. "This was all to easy, right Zero?"

The Zoid roared loudly in defiance, causing everything, even the planet itself, to shake. It turned around and saw the dust cloud from the battle growing larger. Two pods on its back opened and it unfurled a pair of very large, very red, wings (Like Shadows from Zoids: CC). The boosters on its back and legs opened and it shot off into the air.

While above the city it opened the missile pods on its back, between the wings, and fired at the Geno Breaker. The now stone cold Zoid was blown away, along with Vega and a few buildings. Turning back to the task at hand the Raptor concentrated on flying.

They reached their destination a few seconds later, landing right in the middle of the battlefield. All the Zoids, enemy and ally alike, back away from it; not really know what do.

"If no one has any objections I'd like to get rid of them myself," he said to everyone else.

"No way am I letting you take all the credit!" Bit yelled while the Liger roared.

All the Raptor had to do was step toward the Liger and hiss at it. The white Zoid crouched back and huddled up into a ball, despite the orders from Bit. The Liger Zero was afraid, it was actually afraid. The other Zoids, seeing this, began to back away.

Turning from the Liger the Raptor ran forward biting, slashing, ripping, firing its sonic cannon, launching missiles, and whipping its flexor horns around; the blades concealed in the wings helped too. Not a minute passed and the dust settled. Every Zoid was shredded beyond recognition. Spino Sappas without heads, or chainsaws; Saix without their legs, or guns, or heads; Sinkers sliced to ribbons; Rev Raptors without tails, legs, arms, heads; Redlers and Zabats, that Jamie and Pierce had helped shoot down, littered the ground without heads, wings or legs. A few Gojulas units were slumped over, heads having been chopped off; at his feet were the three Genosaurers, heads, tails, legs, and arms gone.

The white Raptor stood there, one foot on top of one of the Genosaurers, the large claw embedded firmly in the fallen Zoid's neck. It reared back and roared again, firing the main cannon in the process. Everyone around was stunned at how easily he had taken out an entire army.

"Unbelievable," was all they could say.

The Liger and Bit, believing the battle over, stepped cautiously forward. The Raptor whipped around and snapped at advancing Zoid, stopping it in its tracks.

"Sorry," Nate said, "Thought I missed one."

Another Liger came running forward roaring as loud as it could. Nate turned the Raptor to see Liger 01 running towards it. Roaring in response the Raptor began walking to wards the Blue Fury, which cringed slightly. Mayuka was afraid of him now, more afraid than she could ever remember being.

"Congratulations," she said over the com, "you've finally got your revenge."

"DAD!" Isa's voice yelled. "THAT WAS THE COOLEST THING I'VE EVER SEEN!"

"May, that wasn't for revenge, that was to save our daughter," he said then turned the Raptor towards the city. The claws embedding the claws into the ground he readied the cannon again. "This is revenge."

The horns on its head whipped forward to settle in a sort of tuning fork shape. At the very tips of those a blue ball of energy gathered, same with the mouth. This time flaps on the tail and long neck opened. Steam was rising off the Zoid's back and wings, which folded back into their pods on the back.

"Isa get ready to see something cooler than that," he said to the image in front of him. "Ready Zero, go DOUBLE CANNON ASSAULT!"

Two identical beams lanced down the small street, obliterating an obstructing building. When that was out of the way the beams kept going. They passed over the Geno Breaker, vaporizing it and Vega. Then they hit the tower; it was completely obliterated. The explosion was huge, and all the Zoids, except those with sheilds, or the one firing the beams, had to hide behind the hover cargo's shield. Even the green Whale King was tipped onto it side.

The beams stopped and Nate lost consciousness.

TBC

Not a good cliffhanger I know, but I wasn't sure how to end this. Does everybody like the Raptor's evolution. I know it takes longer in the show but Nate's determination caused the process to be speeded up. I hope you also like the idea of him being an ancient Zoidian. I needed something to spice it up. The Backdraft is finally gone, along with Vega and the Geno Breaker. The next chapter might be the last, it depends on how long I make it. If you want to see it, I suggest you review. All I ask is one new review and I'll upload the next chapter. I currently have five, so six will get you the next one. In the immortal words of Bender, from Futurama, "Blackmail is such an ugly word, I prefer extortion; the ex makes it sound cool."

berserk_fury001@yahoo.com