Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ After the Royal Cup ❯ Chapter 1 ( Chapter 1 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
The Liger Team/The newest Blitz warrior. Ready, fight!

Disclaimer: "Zoids", "New Century Zero", "Chaotic Century", The Blitz Team, the Backdraft Group, and all other related characters/mechas, plus any other trademarked thing I mention in this story, such as songs, are not my property. The pilot of the Shield Liger, as well as the Z.A.I.P, are my property.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


One dozen Revraptors, three Saber Tigers, and four Helcats deployed instantly. The Backdraft Group was currently involved in another unsanctioned battle, and this time, they were serious.

"This is going to be easy, a one man team like you isn't going to stand in our way," Major Palta, the one piloting the red and black Saber Tiger stated with an air of confidence surrounding him.

"Oh really? Well then just for that, you're going down first," the mysterious pilot replied with a calm snicker.

"...Ready, fight!"

Before Palta knew happened, his Saber Tiger had been taken down in a single blow, the two left legs coming off in just seconds. And all he could see, was a blue, white, and gold blur, followed by the infamous "Command System Freeze" flashing on his screen.

"What, that can't be," Palta stated in disbelief.

The two remaining Saber Tigers opened fire, trying to hit the Zoid, but it was moving so fast, they couldn't land a hit. Several energy shots were fired, taking out both of them in just seconds.

"And you guys are supposed to be tough," the pilot stated.

Sixteen missiles were fired, each hitting one of the Revraptors and Helcats, taking them out as if they were nothing.

"I-I-I-I don't believe it. Nineteen of our best Zoids, and they were taken out in only two minutes, by one warrior," Palta stated in disbelief.

"Some fighters, you guys are pitiful. Now pay up, or else," the winning pilot ordered as the sound of a shock cannon being charged could be heard, filling the air.

"...Fine, the prize money will be in your account within the hour," Palta replied.

"Good," the pilot replied and opened fire on Palta's Saber Tiger, taking it out and terrorizing the major, making him wet his pants.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"BIT GET BACK HERE SO I CAN BEAT THE LIVING HELL OUT OF YOU," Leena yelled angrily as she chased Bit through the Zoid hangar, waving a frying pan in the air like a warrior with a sword.

"Oh God somebody please help me," Bit yelled as he did his best to stay ahead of Leena.

"You're not getting away from me this time Bit, there's no escape! You're going to pay for stealing my fried chicken, you know how much I love white meat," Leena yelled with a crazy look in her eyes as she started to gain on Bit.

"Liger! Help me," Bit screamed.

The Liger roared in response and the cockpit hatch opened. Never before in his entire life had Bit climbed so fast. Once he was in, the hatch closed, sealing him in.

"Bit you coward, you don't have the bravery to fight me face to face," Leena yelled angrily as she threw the cooking utensil at the Liger's head, causing hardly more than a ringing sound as it bounced off.

"Looks like you'll have to wait for another time to get me Leena," Bit replied and stuck his tongue out at her.

"That does it, you're gonna feel the wrath of my Gun Sniper," Leena yelled, causing both Bit and the Liger to yell/roar in unison.

"Allright everybody, report to the meeting room right away, a new battle has just been scheduled," Dr. Toros' voice called over the communicator in the hangar.

"Crap, looks like you lucked out again Bit," Leena complained as she stomped off.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


Dr. Toros, Jamie, Brad, Bit, and Leena had gathered in the meeting room, sitting at the hexagonal conference table, going over the data for the upcoming battle.

"Okay, so who are we up against," Leena asked.

"According to the data we've received from the Zoid Battle Commission, we're fighting, the Liger Team," Jamie told them.

"The Liger Team," Bit asked.

"I've heard about them, or him actually. It's a one man team with a Shield Liger and a Gustav is the means of transport," Brad explained.

"This guy doesn't sound so tough if all he's got is just a Shield Liger," Bit commented.

"You'd be surprised what this guy has done with just a Shield Liger. He's a high ranking Class A warrior with a fifty consecutive wins under his belt," Jamie explained.

"Wow, he must be skilled to have pulled that off," Leena commented.

"He's a lot more than just skilled, he's extremely tough. He's fought and won against the Backdraft Group so many times, he's made more than we did when we won the Royal Cup," Jamie told them, Brad whistled in surprise from the sound of that last part.

"This warrior sounds tough. Jamie, what's the information on the pilot," Dr. Toros asked.

"Not too much, his name is Justin Thompson, he's about eighteen, and he loves a good battle," Jamie told him.

"Justin Thompson, hmmm," Dr. Toros repeated.

"You've heard of him Doc," Brad asked.

"The name sounds familiar, but I'm not sure. Jamie, what time is the battle scheduled for," Dr. Toros asked.

"In...three hours. Huh, three hours? I thought there was a three day lapse between battles," Jamie stated.

"We're in Class S now, remember Jamie, the rules can be different sometimes. So we can't always expect a three day rest after a battle," Dr. Toros explained.

"I've got a question, are Class A warriors too low to take us on," Bit asked.

"No, they're allowed to challenge us to battles. Being in Class S doesn't mean that we can only battle other Class S teams, Class A teams are still allowed to challenge us," Dr. Toros explained.

"I say we accept, what's the battle mode," Leena asked.

"Battle mode 0892, boy that one's unusual," Jamie exclaimed.

"What's battle mode 0892," Leena asked.

"A battle royale mode. A single member from a team is allowed to take on an entire team if they wish to. Plus, there's no restrictions on weapons or ammunition," Jamie explained.

"Sounds like fun, with the three of us taking on this guy, we'll win, no sweat," Bit exclaimed.

"Okay Jamie, find out where the battle is to be held and reply that we accept," Dr. Toros ordered.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


A huge, barren, desert section of planet Zi, totally desolate, covered in mountains and sand as far as the eye could see. This was the location for the battle between the two teams.

The hover cargo pulled up to the designated location and stopped. And in the distance, a green Gustav with a gray shell, pulled up several miles away from it.

"Brad here, mobilizing the Shadow Fox," Brad stated, shortly before he was launched onto the battlefield.

"Leena here, mobilizing the Gun Sniper," Leena stated as she too was launched.

"Go Jager," Bit yelled as the Liger Zero Jager was launched, landing next to the other two.

Across the battlefield, the magnetic clamps securing the Shield Liger into place were disengaged, and the Liger charged onto the battlefield. The Shield Liger looked like any other Zoid of its type, except for the fact that it was painted in the color scheme of a Blade Liger.

The teeth and claws were gold colored, and the armor pieces that deployed the energy Shield, as well as the thigh armor, had white streaks running along them. And instead of the body being mostly gray, it was completely black.

"So, you're the infamous Blitz Team, the ones who won the last Royal Cup event. This battle should be interesting," the pilot stated with an air of coolness surrounding him.

"Don't count on it, you're going down so fast, your head'll spin," Bit stated.

"Never under estimate MY Shield Liger, its unlike any Zoid you've ever faced," the pilot told them and grinned.

Several minutes later, the Judge capsule landed and opened.

"The area within a twenty mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield, only competitors and personnel have authorized entry. Danger, all others must leave the battlefield," the Judge announced as it began to scan the surrounding area.

"Okay guys, remember the strategy," Jamie warned them.

"Don't worry Jamie, it's not like we're fighting the Berserk Fury, we won't even need the strategy," Bit told him.

"That's what I was afraid you were gonna say," Jamie whined and held his forehead.

"Area scanned, battlefield setup! The Liget Team vs. the Blitz Team. Ready, fight!"

The Blitz Team scattered in three different directions, each of them planning their own attack.

"Let's see how you like this kid, weasel unit total assault," Leena screamed as she fired a large barrage of ammo at the Shield Liger.

"Not gonna work redhead," the pilot stated. The Shield Liger roared and charged at high speed, running to the left and avoiding the energy shots and bullets that Leena had fired, but was still being pursued by the homing missiles.

"You can't escape me," Leena yelled as she fired constantly.

"And you can't aim."

The back and tail mounted cannons opened fire, taking out the missiles that were following, while the bullets were just avoided. This continued for several minutes, until Leena's entire arsenal was depleted, leaving her vulnerable.

"Oh shi-" Leena began, quickly being cut off before she cold finish.

"You said it."

The Shield Liger charged forward, and rammed the Gun Sniper in the side, sending it flying, and crashing on the ground, causing a Command System Freeze.

"I can't believe it! That punk completely totaled me," Leena yelled loudly.

"My turn," Bit yelled.

"No way, I'm going to save you for last, I want the guy in the Shadow Fox now," the Shield Liger pilot told him.

"No skin off my nose, just remember kid, your funeral," Brad replied and deployed his smoke screen.

"Hmmm, smoke screen, nothing my radar can't handle," the pilot said to himself as he flicked a switch.

On one of the monitors, came a red image that looked like the Shadow Fox, and a dot in the middle, representing the Shield Liger. "Almost behind me, I'm not surprised," the pilot said to himself.

The Shield Liger spun around quickly and leapt to the side, just as the Shadow Fox opened fire with its vulcan gun. The Liger opened a barrage of shock cannon fire, surprising Brad and taking out the Shadow Fox.

"Some Zoid, I heard that the Shadow Fox was supposed to be incredibly strong," the pilot commented.

"Eh shaddup," Brad commented.

"My turn," Bit announced.

"That doesn't make a bit of difference, you're going down kid, you and your piece of scrap Liger," the pilot commented.

"That does it, now it's personal," Bit yelled. The Liger roared in response and charged forward.

"Not gonna work," the pilot yelled and opened fire with his shock cannon and back mounted cannon, deterring the Liger Zero from continuing the forward charge. "Now it's my turn," the pilot stated and charged head on for the Liger Zero.

"Now you'd think that you'd learn not to do THAT," Bit commented. The Liger leapt, avoiding the charge from the Shield Liger, and charging off.

"Get back here and fight me," the pilot yelled as the Shield Liger charged after him.

"I don't think so," Bit replied and activated his ion boosters, charging off at a much higher speed than the Shield Liger was capable of reaching.

"Liger, don't waste your power, we can't catch up with the Jager's speed. Fallback, I've got a plan," the pilot ordered. The Shield Liger came to a dead stop and let out an acknowledging growl.

Bit was looking back, laughing at how the Shield Liger had given up the chase. "I bet he realized that he didn't have a chance of managing to catch up with me," Bit bragged, "now come on Liger, let's go back and finish this battle, this guy isn't worth our time," Bit stated. The Liger growled and did a one eighty, reversing direction and charging back to the Shield Liger.

"Easy Liger, remain calm, wait for it, wait for it, wait for it," the pilot repeated as the Liger Zero got closer and closer, "now!"

The Shield Liger roared and opened fire with its cannons, missing the Liger Zero and hitting the ground, throwing dust everywhere. The Shield Liger started running from one spot to another, shooting and causing dirt to fly in every location as the Jager avoided it.

"Ha, you're terrible at aiming, you didn't hit me once," Bit boasted.

"No, but look around," the pilot replied.

Bit looked around the battlefield, but all he could see was a cloud of dust.

"What, this can't be," Bit screamed.

"Oh but it is, you can't find me, but I sure as hell know where you are," the pilot yelled.

Bit scanned the battlefield, trying to find the Shield Liger and take it down, but he couldn't get a lock on it. Just when he thought he found its location, it was in a different spot.

"Why don't you stand and fight," Bit yelled.

"Gladly," the pilot replied. Sixteen missiles came blazing out of the dust cloud, each from a different location, and impacting against the Jager before it could retaliate. "That must've stung, this'll sting even more."

Bit looked just in time, to see the Shield Liger charging at him, its energy Shield activated.

"Liger, dodge," Bit yelled.

But before the Liger could dodge the oncoming attack, the Shield Liger rammed head long into it, sending it flying backwards.

"Okay Liger, let's finish this, these guys aren't worthy of the title, "Class S". I'm sure you remember this move. It is your trademark finisher," the pilot stated.

The Shield Liger turned and ran off a good three miles, before turning, and charging back.

"Okay Liger, now's our chance, get in close and ready the strike laser claw," Bit ordered.

Liger Zero activated its ion boosters and charged at the quickly approaching Shield Liger. The mane pieces began to glow bright yellow as it charged its finishing move.

"Time to finish this," Bit stated.

"I couldn't agree more. Prepare to kiss your good luck goodbye," the pilot stated.

The armor pieces on the thighs of the Shield Liger, as well as the front claws, began to glow bright gold, just like the mane pieces on the Liger Zero.

"Strike," Bit began.

"Laser," the pilot continued.

"Claw," they both yelled at once.

Both Ligers leapt meeting in midair, and slashing hard. The Shield Liger got the attack right to the shoulder, while the Liger Zero received it right in the face in a nasty left hook.

The two Zoids landed behind each other, slowly turning to face one another. It was now a stand off, each of them waiting for the other to make their move first.

"I never knew the Shield Liger could perform that move," Bit stated.

"Normal ones can't, this one is very special," the pilot stated as the Shield Liger took a single step forward. A small explosion occurred, and sparks and armor flew from the Liger Zero's face where it had been struck, causing it to fall, while only a few sparks came from the Shield Liger's shoulder.

"I don't believe it, how could you cause this when you were barely affected," Bit asked. A beeping could be heard, and Bit quickly discovered why, "Command System Freeze? I don't believe this!"

"The battle is over, the battle is over! The winner is, the Liget Team," the Judge announced.

The Shield Liger crouched down close to the ground, and the hatch opened, allowing the pilot to leap out. The pilot was tall, nearly six feet tall. He had a slender build, but his well toned, large muscles made him look like he exercised on a regular basis. He had eyes as blue as the Jager armor, and spiky black hair.

He wore blue pants, black, round toed boots, a dark brown belt with several compartments, including a holster for a gun, a gray T-shirt, a black vest, and a red bandana tied around his forehead and his left biceps. His lower arms were covered by metal gauntlets, and his hands were protected by brown leather gloves.

"Hey guys, good fight," he announced, "sorry to clobber you guys. Do you need any help," he asked.

"Huh, why're you offering to help us," Brad asked.

"No reason in particular, I'd just like to make a good impression, to show you that I'm a good sport. Especially since I clobbered you," he told them.

"Yeah right, a likely story," Leena yelled angrily.

"We accept your offer," Dr. Toros replied over the comms.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


After the Zoids had been loaded up and secured to the maintenance decks, the hover cargo and the Gustav were headed back to the Blitz Team's base.

"Hey guys, how far away is your base anyway?"

"At this speed, about a hour," Dr. Toros replied.

"An hour eh? In this heat? Good thing the Gustav and Shield Liger have air conditioning. Hey Gus' (pronounced like goose) follow that snail carrier, and wake me up when we reach the base," the pilot ordered as he leaned back in his chair. A double click sounded, signaling that the Gustav understood its orders.

"One more thing, start playing some of those songs, it's gonna be a long wait," the pilot ordered. Over the speakers, one of the selected songs started to play. It was, "The Real Folk Blues".


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++


The two transports finally arrived at the base, and pulled to a stop. The Shield Liger pilot had fallen asleep a while ago, and was snoring lightly. "Reveille" erupted over the speakers, making him jump to attention.

"Well that was refreshing," he said to himself. The hatch to the Gustav opened, and the pilot jumped out and stretched, "is this the place?"

"This is the place," Dr. Toros replied.

"Okay, bring out the Zoids and I'll help you with the repairs," the pilot ordered.

"Pretty bossy for a kid," Bit muttered.

The back of the hover cargo opened, and the Shadow Fox, Gun Sniper, and Liger Zero stepped out, and walked into the hangar of the base.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Okay kid, so where do you want to start," Brad asked as he stood by himself with his arms crossed.

"Don't call me kid, I do have a name you know. It's Justin Thompson," he told them.

"Justin Thompson? By any chance is your father Jonathan Thompson," Dr. Toros asked.

"Yeah, why, you heard of him," Justin asked.

"Who hasn't? Jonathan Thompson is the scientist who created the Z.A.I.P," Jamie exclaimed.

"What the heck is a Z.A.I.P," Leena asked.

"It's the Zoids Artifical Intelligence Program, Z.A.I.P for short," Justin explained.

"Artificial Intelligence," Bit asked.

"I'll explain it later. First, there's something I have to do," Justin told them as he walked over to the Gun Sniper. He pulled off a hatch on the left leg, and began to tinker around with the wiring.

"Hey, what're you doing," Leena yelled.

"Just a little trick I learned. By reworking the circuitry just a little, you can actually program a Zoid to recover by itself, making the armor regrow," Justin explained and then closed the hatch, "there, in a hour, it should be back to normal," he told them and walked over to the Shadow Fox.

"How did you know how to do that," Brad asked.

"I learned I from my parents, they taught me a lot about the mechanics of Zoids," Justin explained as he did the same to the Shadow Fox as he did to the Gun Sniper. "Hmmm, mechanics are a little more sophisticated than I thought, but nothing I can't handle," he stated.

Once Justin finished with the Shadow Fox, he moved on to the Liger Zero, but when he did, the Liger took a step back and roared at Justin.

"Lemme guess, his Ultimate X doesn't like me, right," Justin asked.

"How'd you know? Hey Liger, he's not gonna hurt you, now cooperate," Bit ordered.

The Liger roared and took another step back, not believing what Bit had told him. Justin growled angrily, he had heard that the Liger Zero had a mind of its own, but this was ridiculous.

"Zero, foot, down here, now," Justin ordered loudly. The Liger gave him a quizzical look, before putting its leg back down on the ground.

"Wow, how'd you do that," Bit asked.

"Yeah, how," Leena added.

"Just gotta show 'em who's boss. Shield didn't break easily, it was a real struggle," Justin explained as he removed the hatch on the Liger's leg.

"Shield," Bit asked.

"My Shield Liger, I only call him that when he's disobedient. But lately he's been pretty tamed and hardly, if ever, acts up," Justin explained, "okay, that's done. In about an hour or two, your Zoids should be back in normal working order," he told them.

"Good, now would you care to explained this Z.A.I.P," Brad asked.

"Why not? Is there some place more comfortable we can go to talk," Justin asked.

"There's the living room," Jamie proposed.

"Well let's go there and we'll talk," Justin told them.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


"So Justin, what exactly is this Z.A.I.P thing," Bit asked.

"Well Bit, like it was explained earlier, the Z.A.I.P is the Zoids Artificial Intelligence Program. Originally when my father designed it, it was just supposed to be a memory card system installed into the Zoid at its core. That way it could record the moves that opponents make, and use it in future battles," Justin explained.

"It's a very good idea, but where's the Artifical Intelligence part come in," Jamie asked.

"I was just getting to that Jamie. Nobody is quite sure how, but one day, the memory system that was installed to the test Zoids, actually evolved, and took on a personality all of its own. This not only allows a Zoid to learn, but also act on its own and understand the pilot. That how Gus' was able to follow you guys to your base while I slept," he explained.

"Hold on just a second. Who's Gus'," Leena asked.

"The Gustav, very obedient once you make it learn that you're the pilot," he told them, "now, like you may've guessed, both the Gustav and Shield Liger have the Z.A.I.P implanted in them, wired to their Zoid Cores."

"You said that when the memory system evolved, it allowed Zoids to take on personalities, what type of personalities exactly," Brad asked.

"It's impossible to tell what type of personality will form. Some are vicious, some are very obedient, some are childlike. Gus' personality is very obedient but only to the pilot, he won't react well if somebody else tries to pilot him. Liger, on the other hand, is somewhat tamed himself, but mainly he's very adventurous and loves a good fight. He once went up against the Buffalo Team, and not once did he back down," Justin explained.

"There's something I don't quite understand, why do you refer to the Shield Liger and Gustav as "he"," Leena asked.

"People tend to classify objects in the masculine or feminine order. Most of the Z.A.I.P programs are considered males, but every once and a while, some show characteristics of being female, such as a higher voice, or the way it makes to body move, like with bipedal Zoids, they'll sometimes wiggle their hips when they walk," he explained.

Bit couldn't help but laugh at the last part, which he found hilarious.

"Do they get their nails painted too," he snickered.

"Actually, a Gun Sniper pilot who did business with us, actually painted her Zoid's claws a reddish pink," he told him, making Bit laugh even harder, and fall off the couch.

"Justin, there's something else that I'd like to know. How does the Zoid Battle Commission feel about Zoids having the Z.A.I.P installed," Dr. Toros asked.

"At first, it was frowned upon by them. They thought that if a Zoid were given the ability to think for itself, it would take over and become wild, replacing us as the dominant species. They tried to ban it from being installed in Zoids. But they changed their minds a few years ago. Their Ultrasaurus was nearly destroyed, and they came to us to have it fixed. The job was a major pain and it took months. But it wasn't until we were nearly finished, did we discover that the Ultrasaurus' Zoid Core was damaged. We had to install a Z.A.I.P so it would be able to function again. And after that, the ZBC hasn't cared whether we installed the Z.A.I.P into a Zoid or not," Justin explained.

"...Wow, that's impressive. I've got another question, how're you able to communicate with the Shield Liger and the Gustav," Jamie asked.

"Micro computers installed in my gantlets. They receive text messages from them when I'm not in the cockpit. In the cockpit, is a computer screen that displays a text readout which tells what the Zoid is thinking or saying. They respond to vocal controls, but can only reply in text. Right now, my parents are working on a voice box so Zoids can actually talk instead of just roar," he explained.

"Wow, it sounds like Zoids are going to be getting very interesting in the near future," Leena stated.

"You don't know the half of it," Justin replied.

"Hey, hold it I've got a question. How did the Shield Liger perform a strike laser claw maneuver, and how did it avoid being shut down from Liger's," Bit asked.

"We discovered how the Shadow Fox and Liger Zero were capable of performing the strike laser claw, and we built it into the Shield Liger. As for how Liger was able to avoid a lot of damage from Zero's, he struck with his left claw. Since Zero tends to strike with its right claw, Liger can avoid most of the damage by striking with the left, this blocks the oncoming claw, but still allows him to strike," Justin explained.

"Wow, your Zoid sounds so cool," Dr. Toros stated.

"It is, and so are the others. We've installed the Z.A.I.P into just about every type of Zoid built, except for the extremely rare ones," Justin told him.

"Does this Z.A.I.P thing let Zoids communicate with each other," Leena asked.

"Yeah it's possible. Although since we didn't install the program into every single Zoid on the planet, two of them meeting up is somewhat rare," Justin explained.

"Very interesting. Hey Justin, would you mind stepping out of the room for just a minute? There's something I'd like to discuss with the others," Dr. Toros told him.

"I guess so, but if you try and steal Liger from me, he'll tear you guys apart," Justin warned them and stepped out of the living room area and into the hall, letting the door slide closed behind him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


Justin paced back and forth, trying to alleviate his boredom. He could hear the sounds of a discussion going on in the living room, but he could make out what they were saying.

"What're they talking about," he asked himself, he raised the left gauntlet to his mouth and began to speak into a micro comm, "yo, Liger, Gus' keep your guards up, I don't exactly trust these guys at the second," he whispered.

Liger: Got ya.

Gustav: Understood.

Several more minutes passed, before the doors opened, letting Justin back in.

"Justin, we have a proposition for you," Dr. Toros told him.

"What is it," Justin asked.

"How would you feel about joining the Blitz Team," Dr. Toros asked.

"Join the Blitz Team? Hmmm, it does sound tempting. I've always wanted to get into Class S, but I wanted to do it on my own. But then again, a lot of things can happen between now and the next Royal Cup. I guess I'll join, but if I don't like it, I'm leaving and the Liget Team will be reformed," Justin replied.

"That's fine, we can't force you to stay if you don't want to," Dr. Toros told him.

"Great, with your Shield Liger we'll be unstoppable," Bit yelled.

"I guess this means I'm not winning any money this time around," Justin said to himself, "do you guys mind if I make a call? I've gotta get in touch with the Zoid Battle Commission and become a registered member of your team," he told them.

"Sure thing, the videophone is right over there," Jamie said as he pointed over to one of the consoles.

"Thanks," Justin replied and walked over to the videophone and sat down in front of it, "lemme see, what's the number of the Zoid Battle Commission," he asked himself.

"It's number one on the speed dial," Brad informed him.

"Thanks," Justin told him and pressed the number one speed dial button.

"You have reached the Zoid Battle Commission, for information on requesting a Zoid battle, press one, for help joining a new team, press two," the prerecorded image of a Judge began, but was silenced by Justin pressing the "2" button, "you have reached the center for joining another team. Please state your team, the team you wish to join, and your Zoid registration number," the Judge ordered.

"I'm the member of the Liget Team and I'm wishing to join the Blitz Team. My registration number is, 5920138," Justin replied.

"Liget Team found, now changing registration to member of the Blitz Team. Please input code *5396 into your Zoid gear to finish registration," the Judge told him.

Justin pressed the dock of his Zoid gear into the dock of the videophone, and entered the code, *5396.

"...Code received, registration complete. Have a nice day," the Judge told him and the screen went blank.

"Well, looks like I'm now an official member of the Blitz Team," Justin told them.

"Well welcome aboard," Dr. Toros told him.

"Well Justin, now that you're a member of the team, I think I should lay down a few of the ground rules," Leena told him and wrapped her arm around his right shoulder and lead him out of the living room.

"Whadda ya think she's gonna tell him," Bit asked.

"Most likely to stay away from her food," Jamie told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Okay Justin, one of the most important rules around here is, leave my food alone, and don't take any of it from the refrigerator. If you do, I'm going to have to hurt you," Leena told him.

"That's fine with me," Justin told her, "anything else?"

"Not really, but make sure you keep an eye on Bit. A lot of times he makes trips to the fridge at night. Oh yeah, and make sure you check the bath schedule," Leena told him.

"I'll make sure to remember that," he told her.

"Leena honey!"

"Oh dear God, not again," Leena grumbled.

She and Justin looked as a trail of dust was quickly approaching. And leading the trail of dust, was none other than Harry Champ.

"Leena honey I'm so glad to see that you're allright, I heard that you got into a battle with some scoundrel and he clobbered the entire team," Harry told her.

"Who're you," Justin asked him.

"My name is Harry Champ, a man destined to be king! Who're you," Harry replied.

"Justin Thompson, newest member of the Blitz Team, and the scoundrel who defeated them just an hour ago," Justin told him.

"What, you did it be yourself," Harry asked.

"Not really, Liger did part of the work too," Justin told him.

"Who," Harry asked.

"Him," Justin said as he pointed to behind Harry.

Harry turned around, almost jumping back when he saw the Shield Liger standing there, growling at him.

"This is my Zoid, the one who defeated the Blitz Team," Justin told him.

"How could a Shield Liger take down the Blitz Team," Harry asked.

"He's special. And what're you doing here? If I remember correctly, you're fifty miles away from the Blitz Team's base," Justin told him.

"Like I said, I came here to see if my Leena was hurt," Harry told him.

"Well as you can see Harry, I'm fine, now go away," Leena told him.

"Wait sweetie, I was wondering if you'd be interested in going out to dinner with me tonight," Harry told her.

"Forget it Harry," Leena began, but Justin cut her off.

"You're a little late, Leena's already got plans. She's accepted my offer before you arrived," Justin told him as he wrapped his arm around her left shoulder and pulled her in close, giving her a wink.

"WHAT!? She accepted the offer from you!? A new guy who beat her before joining up," Harry yelled.

"Oh yeah, that's right, sorry Harry," Leena said sarcastically.

"Should've asked this morning Harry, but you're too late now," Justin told him.

"Why you jerk! You're not good enough for Leena, I challenge you to a Zoid battle," Harry yelled.

"Why should I even accept," Justin asked as he crossed his arms.

"I challenge you for Leena's affection," Harry told him.

"Forget it prince, this fine woman here, isn't a possession to be fought over. I refuse," Justin told him.

"Then how about triple the prize money? Would you fight for that," Harry asked him.

"Triple? Even if that's just Class A winnings that's a lot. Now that I'll fight for. You've got yourself a deal prince," Justin told him.

"Good, I'll get the battle scheduled for tomorrow afternoon," Harry told him and turned to leave.

"Wanna get the humiliation over with in a hurry I see," Justin said to himself as he watched Harry leave.

"Hey Justin, why'd you do that? Why did you say that you already asked me out," Leena asked.

"I saw how much you disliked that guy, and I thought I'd help you, and drive him crazy. It was the least I can do after pounding you into the ground," Justin explained.

"Well, thanks," Leena told him.

"No problem. Would you mind if I got access to your battle archives? I'd like to load some information into Liger's systems. That way we'll know what to expect," Justin told her.

"I don't see why not. There's a computer console on the south wall, you can access the archives from there," Leena told him.

"Thanks Leena," he told her.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Leena, where'd you leave Justin," Dr. Toros asked.

"He's in the hangar going over some of the past battles with the Shield Liger. Harry challenged him to a Zoid battle and he wants to be prepared," Leena told him.

"I pity that poor guy, he has no clue what he's in for," Brad commented.

"I think Justin can handle himself," Leena told him.

"I meant Harry," Brad told her.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


Bit: Once again, Harry Champ has challenged us to a Zoid battle, but this time, it's the newest Blitz Team member, Justin Thompson who he's after. Justin's battling for triple the normal amount of money, while Harry is battling for Leena's affection. Huh, Harry's brining in his most powerful Zoids? Justin you'd better watch out. Next on Zoids: New Century Zero, "Justin vs Harry/The Champ Team gets blitzed. Ready, fight!"