Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ After the Royal Cup ❯ Chater 2 ( Chapter 2 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]
Justin vs Harry/The Champ Team gets blitzed. Ready, fight!

Disclaimer: "Zoids", "New Century Zero", "Chaotic Century", The Blitz Team, the Backdraft Group, and all other related characters/mechas, plus any other trademarked thing I mention in this story, such as songs, are not my property. The pilot of the Shield Liger, as well as the Z.A.I.P, are my property.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


The hover cargo was moving to the location of the next battle, the Gustav following close behind. Justin had loaded all of the Blitz Team's battle data into the Shield Liger, so they shouldn't be surprised by anything. But still something kept bothering Justin, and only one of them knew it.

A beeping sounded; Justin flipped open a panel on his left gauntlet and read the message that was being patched through.

Liger: Justin, what's wrong? I may not have a psychic link with you, but I can tell that there's something bothering you.

"It's nothing Liger, it's just that this fight might be tough. Harry Champ has PK type Iron Kongs, as well as at least one Gojulas in his collection. He might decide to use them. And if he does, I'm not sure we'll be able to stand up to them," Justin replied.

Liger: Gojulas? Iron Kongs? Those things are powerful.

"Yeah I know, I just hope we're strong enough. But if we're not, we're definitely faster than they are, they can't even reach 200 km/h," Justin told him.

Liger: That's the Justin I know, you never backed down from a battle, even when the Backdraft Group brought in Dark Horns and Red Horns, you took them on no sweat!

"You're right, you're very right. I've got nothing to fear, the guy may not even use those Zoids," Justin said excitedly.

"Hey Justin, who're you talking to," Dr. Toros asked over the comm.

"I'm talking to Liger, I'm just nervous that Harry might bring in his most powerful Zoids," Justin replied.

Liger: Tell him to stay out of this.

"Hey Doc, sorry but Liger said to butt out of our conversation until we arrive at the battlefield," Justin replied.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


The two transports came to a stop in front of a large, rocky plain area of planet Zi. And at one end, was the Champ Team's Whale King.

"Looks like this is the place," Justin said to himself.

The magnetic clamps on the Gustav deactivated, and the Liger Zero stepped off, and walked onto the battlefield.

"Lemme see, where's that Champ Team at," Justin asked himself as he scanned the area. His sensors then located several Zoids on the opposite end, and they were big. Two PK type Iron Kongs, and one MK II Gojulas. "Oh crap."

Liger: Justin, you were right.

"That's what I was afraid of. I hope we're not in over our heads. No offense Liger, but I'd be feeling a lot better if you were equipped with a couple of super cannons right about now," Justin told him.

Liger: So would I.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++


A Judge capsule plowed into the ground, rising shortly after, and opening to reveal the Judge.

"The area within a fifteen mile radius is a designated Zoid battlefield. Area scanned, battlefield, setup! The Blitz Team vs the Champ Team. Battle mode 0892, ready, fight," the Judge announced.

Both Iron Kongs marched out as the Gojulas remained behind. The two began to open fire, aiming for the Shield Liger. The Shield Liger roared, and charged off to the left, making sure to avoid the barrage.

"Must be the two robots, Benjamin and Sebastian. Liger, keep avoiding their firepower, and go right for the Gojulas, I'll bet this battle's winnings that Harry's in there," Justin ordered.

The Shield Liger continued to avoid the barrage of firepower, and changed its course, going right for the Gojulas. The Gojulas roared, and opened fire with its super cannons, causing debris to fly everywhere, and the shock from the shots hitting caused the Shield Liger to be thrown back and crash on the ground.

"Okay, bad mistake. Liger go for the accelerate and obliterate maneuver," Justin ordered.

The Liger roared, and took off again, this time charging to the right, faster than before. Once again, the two Iron Kongs began to open fire, trying to hit the Shield Liger.

"Okay Liger, turn and go straight as fast as you can," Justin ordered.

Liger: But, that's right down the middle of their barrage, we'll be hit.

"Trust me Liger, I know what I'm doing. I wouldn't tell you to do this if I didn't think we couldn't do it," Justin replied.

The Liger came to a quick stop, turned to the left, and took off. The Iron Kongs opened fire, targeting the Shield Liger, but it was too fast. As the blasts kept firing, the Liger dashed right between the two Iron Kongs, resulting in the two shooting each other, taking one another out.

Liger: Sneaky, very sneaky.

"See, and you were worried. Two down, and just that stupid Gojulas is left. Harry, you're next," Justin yelled.

"Not if I can help it," Harry replied from within the cockpit of the Gojulas.

As the Shield Liger quickly approached, the Gojulas opened fire with its super cannons again. The mane pieces opened and glowed, deploying the energy shield, protecting it from the cannon fire.

"Not gonna work Harry, Liger knows better than that," Justin replied as the Liger drew ever closer.

"I don't' care how much your stinkin' Zoid knows. It can't beat me, and Leena WILL be mine," Harry yelled.

"How many times do you have to be told Harry? Leena will not be yours, she's her own person, not a possession that you can win or take," Justin replied.

The Shield Liger charged even faster, roaring loudly as it approached and opened fire with its cannons.

"Ha, the armor of this Gojulas is so thick, not even the Schneider could cut through it," Harry boasted.

"We'll just see about that," Justin replied.

As the Shield Liger got in close, the Gojulas swung around smashing into it with its tail, sending it flying back and crashing.

"Now Justin, you're done for," Harry replied. He charged his super cannons, and unleashed a massive barrage, impacting where the Shield Liger had landed.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"That can't be good," Bit stated.

"Jamie, what's the status on the Shield Liger," Dr. Toros asked.

"The command system hasn't frozen yet, but other than that, I can't tell much. Except, there's some kind of strange energy emanating on the battlefield," Jamie told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"It looks like I win. And now, Leena will love only me, she won't want to have anything to do with a loser like him," Harry said to himself.

Where the Liger had crashed, things looked bad. Debris everywhere, and the Liger wasn't getting up, it just laid there, lifelessly.

"Oh yeah, he's not getting up anytime soon. Come on Judge announce me the victor," Harry ordered.

"Not so fast Harry!"

At the other side of the battlefield ("Zoids: New Century Zero: No Future" can be heard playing in the background) something began to arise from the debris. It was the Shield Liger, growling loudly.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Allright, that's it Justin tear him to pieces," Leena cheered.

"Who knew a Shield Liger could stand up to that much firepower? Especially coming from a Gojulas," Bit asked.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


The Shield Liger roared and took off, going at maximum speed, charging at the Gojulas.

"What!? There's no way it could stand up to that," Harry yelled and fired again.

But it didn't matter how much Harry fired, the Shield Liger was too fast to be hit by the barrage. The Liger roared and ran right past the Gojulas, turning and charging to the back of the Gojulas, and leaping onto its back.

"You're going down Harry, Liger and I give it everything we've got when we fight. And you're gonna find that out right now!"

The Liger leapt higher onto the Gojulas' back, and cut off one of the super cannons, having it drop to the ground. Using the head of the Gojulas, the Liger leapt off, and landed back on the battlefield, turning to face the Gojulas.

The energy shield activated, but then, began to change; the shape was warping, becoming something different. Instead of a sort of dome, it turned into a cone.

"Allright Liger, full speed ahead," Justin ordered.

The Liger roared and charged, going right for the Gojulas. Harry was panicking and firing with all the remaining cannons, but the blasts just bounced right off the shield.

When it got close enough, the Liger leapt, plowing the point of the Shield into the chest of the Gojulas, ripping through the armor and causing sparks to fly. The Liger remained there for several seconds, before being thrown back.

"That can't be possible," Harry yelled.

"Oh it is Harry, it is. Allright Liger, one more time," Justin yelled.

The Liger roared again and charged forward again. It got close, and leapt, sending the point of the shield through the Gojulas' chest once again. The Gojulas let out a painful roar, falling to the ground on its back, its systems freezing.

"The battle is over, the battle is over! The winner is, the Blitz Team," the Judge announced.

"I...lost again," Harry stated sadly.

"Good challenge, Champ, but I guess you're just not good enough," Justin told him.

"I still can't believe you beat me with just a stupid Shield Liger," Harry complained. The Shield Liger roared angrily in response.

"Now listen here, Liger isn't stupid. He's a one of a kind Zoid, who could take down Liger Zero, and it isn't even an Ultimate X," Justin informed him.

"That's crazy! A regular Zoid took out the Liger Zero, I can't believe that," Harry screamed.

"Believe it Harry. Now pay up," Justin ordered.

"Fine, the money will be in the team's account within the hour," Harry told him.

"Good," Justin replied as the Liger turned and walked off, going back to the Gustav.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Wow Justin that was awesome, I've never seen a Shield Liger take down a Gojulas before, and those maneuvers they were stupendous! But how did you pull off that shield maneuver," Dr. Toros asked as the two transports headed back to the base.

"It's nothing really. Just a highly modified shield generator from an Elephandor type Zoid. It's just a matter of augmenting the energy feed, causing the shield to change form for a standard dome, to a cone, or something else," Justin explained as he leaned back in the Gustav, listening to "White Emotion" playing over the speakers.

"Interesting, I guess the Elephandor isn't a one of a kind Zoid after all. But what about the Shield Liger's strength? How do you explain that," Dr. Toros asked.

"Special circuitry. You remember how I rewired the Zoids yesterday? That allows Zoids to recover and become physically stronger after every battle that proves to be strenuous. The Shield Liger's been in a lot of battles, so he's very strong," Justin explained.

"Justin, if you don't mind me asking, during the battle, I noticed some weird energy readings coming from the Shield Liger, what was that," Jamie asked.

"It was most likely the reactor that powers it," Justin told him.

"Reactor? You mean as in radioactive? As in nuclear energy," Brad asked, sounding somewhat scared, which was a definite first for him.

"Yes, and don't worry, the reactor is heavily shielded in protective material. We did a test on a box made form the same metal, and it took a Gojulas an hour of constant stomping to penetrate it. We also rebuilt the Liger's armor completely with the metal. Guaranteed to prevent any radiation leaks," Justin reassured him, hearing a sigh of relief from everybody.

"Boy, sounds like your Liger could take on a Deathsaurer and win," Bit stated.

"Don't put it past him, eventually we'll be up to Deathsaurer level. It's just a matter of time and battles," Justin told him, "hey, does anybody feel like having a celebration tonight? This was my first victory as a member of the Blitz Team. We'll order takeout, delivery, whatever, invite some friends over, play video games and enjoy ourselves. And we'll put it all on my tab, courtesy of Harry Champ."

"You know Justin, that sounds like a very good idea. We can invite Leon and Naomi over for the festivities," Dr. Toros told him.

'Hmmm, where've I heard those names before? Ah well, I'll figure it out later,' Justin thought as he leaned back and listen to another selection of music from his anime collection, this time "Wild Flowers".


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"I still can't believe Harry lost so bad," Leena stated as she sat some drinks in the refrigerator.

"Yeah, he did good using those three Zoids, but he didn't think it through," Justin told him.

"It kinda reminds me of that one time we fought a Gojulas during the Royal Cup," Bit told him as he reached in and pulled another handful of chips from a bag on the table.

"Hey wait a minute, those are my nachos. Bit I'm gonna hurt you for that," Justin yelled as he reached into the holster and pulled out an automatic pistol, aiming it right for Bit's head.

Bit screamed like a woman and ran off, fearing his life.

"Get back here you fool, I'm gonna teach you not to take somebody's stuff without getting permission first," Justin yelled, he put his gun away, deciding not to waste the ammo, and charged after Bit, anger flaring in his eyes.

"What happened," Brad asked as he entered the kitchen.

"Bit stole some of Justin's nachos and now he's going to hurt him," Leena explained.

"I'll bet my next pay check that Bit manages to get away somehow. If he makes it to the Liger Zero, Justin won't be able to catch him," Brad told her.

"You're on," Leena told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Bit get back here and take your punishment like a man," Justin yelled as he chased after him.

"Somebody help me," Bit screamed as he ran as fast as he could.

"Get back here I'm not gonna shoot you, I'm just gonna maim you rather badly," Justin yelled as he put away hit gun and began to speak into his gauntlet, "Liger, cut him off, don't let him get away," he ordered.

The Liger took a thunderous step forward, cutting off Bit's escape route. Bit was so scared; he failed to see this, and ran straight into the Liger's leg, knocking himself unconscious.

"Thanks pal," Justin said as he grabbed Bit by his left leg.

Liger: No problem.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Did you get him," Leena asked as Justin came back to the kitchen.

"Yeah, Liger's leg accidentally ran into Bit's head," Justin told her as he grabbed a soda bottle from the refrigerator.

"I should've bet on Justin," Brad muttered as he walked out of the room.

"Bet on me, what's he talking about," Justin asked.

"He bet his next paycheck that Bit would get away," Leena told him.

"Should've known," Justin replied as he took another drink from the soda bottle.

"So what'd you do with Bit," Leena asked.

"I left him in a corner of the hangar and painted a Cueball on his forehead," Justin told him, Leena couldn't help but laugh at this.

"That I've gotta see, maybe we can get some pictures too for some blackmailing," Leena told him.

"Follow me. By the way, when're Naomi and Leon supposed to arrive," Justin asked as he lead the way.

"In about an hour, why," Leena asked.

"I'd like to find out where I heard those names before, they sound really familiar," he told her.

"Ever hear of the Flugle Team? Well they're the members," Leena told him, causing Justin to stop dead in his tracks, and Leena to run into him.

"You're friends with the Flugle Team," he asked.

"Yeah, why, what's the big deal," Leena asked.

"They're a pretty tough team. Especially Naomi's Gun Sniper, I saw the archives data when you and Bit fought them," Justin told her.

"She cheated, that's the only way she could've won, I'm sure of it. I just can't prove it yet," Leena growled angrily.

"Wait, now I know where I've heard that last name before. If I remember correctly, Naomi purchased a Z.A.I.P for her Gun Sniper about a year ago," Justin told her.

"A Z.A.I.P, no wonder she's so good, I bet she's not even half as good as she performs," Leena told him.

"Don't say that around her, we'll have a cat fight on our hands. And so you know, Bit's over there, still out cold," Justin said as he pointed to one of the corners of the hangar, making Leena laugh even harder when she saw him.

"He looks good that way, but, there's something missing. Wait I know, do you still have a black magic marker handy," Leena asked as she fought to control her laughter.

"I think so, what've you got planned," he asked.

"You'll see."

Leena took the marker and walked over to Bit. She clamped her hand over her mouth to stop from laughing as she popped the lid off and began drawing something else on his face. When she got up and stepped away, there was a black mustache, and goatee on his face. Now it was Justin's turn to laugh.

"Very good, but I know something better," he said as he took out a red marker.

Justin rolled up Bit's sleeve, and began to draw an image on his bicep. He then took the black marker and added something else, before stepping away. On his arm, was a red heart, with a black outline, and "Harry & Bit" printed in the middle.

Leena and Justin both lost all control of themselves and burst out laughing, it was definitely the Coup de Grace (sp?) to a terrific plan.

"Oh man Justin you're good," Leena laughed.

"Wait, I didn't think this could be topped, but we can do it. Get me a camera and we'll send a picture to Harry."

Justin and Leena looked at each other for several seconds, before bursting out into another fit of laughter.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"I still can't believe it, Justin's Shield Liger, capable of taking down a Gojulas by itself. That was so cool," Dr. Toros said in amazement as he began to paint the mane and thigh armor of his Shield Liger to have white highlights.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Man it's boring when you just have to wait and have nothing to do. I wish I could take Liger out for a run," Justin said to himself as he paced back and forth in the living room.

"So why don't you," Jamie asked, "if you're not back when Leon and Naomi arrive, we'll call you and let you know."

"I guess that'll work, thanks Jamie," Justin told him and left the living room.


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


"So dad hired an opponent who took down Brad, Bit, and Leena, by himself, with just a Shield Liger," Leon asked as he and Naomi road in their Gustav on the way to the Blitz Team's base.

"That's what I heard, it must be some impressive Shield Liger," Naomi replied.

"Yeah it must be, it's not like dad to hire an opponent as another member of the team," Leon told her.

"Well I guess we'll meet this new guy when we get there. I heard that Leena likes him," Naomi told him.

"In that case, I pity Bit," Leon told her.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Come on Liger faster, a Molga can go faster than this," Justin complained.

Liger: Very funny. Where are we off too exactly? Is there some kind of emergency and we need to get there immediately?

"No, nothing like that, it's just that there's nothing to do but wait. And since neither of us like to wait around, so we might as well keep ourselves occupied," Justin replied.

Liger: I get you, as long as we're traveling, let's have some music.

As the Liger accelerated, "Rhythm Emotion" began to play loudly over the speakers.

"Now this is gonna be fun," Justin yelled.

Liger: Yeah, let's gun it!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++


"I still can't believe that Justin did this to me," Bit complained as he began to scrub his face for the third time, trying to remove the mustache and goatee.

"You should've known better Bit, now you've got to watch for him and Leena," Jamie told him.

"How was I supposed to know the guy liked nachos that much," Bit asked.

"You should've asked anyway, then we wouldn't have done that to you," Jamie told him, "maybe from now on you'll remember to ask first."

'God, that guy was worse than Leena, he actually caught me. I'd better not walk in on his shower time, otherwise he might have Shield Liger eat me,' Bit thought.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Now this Liger, this is fun," Justin stated.

Liger: Fighting would be better.

"You've got that right. Should we see if the Backdraft Group is up to anything around here," Justin asked.

Liger: We've got nothing to lose, and stand to gain plenty.

"You've got that right...and according to scanners, there's a battle going on thirty miles from here. Let's go and crash it," Justin told him.

Liger: Let's gun it!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++


"Leon, good to see you again son."

"It's good to see you again too dad," Leon said as he sat down on one of the couches in the living room area.

"Hey Brad," Naomi greeted.

"Naomi," Brad replied as a slight blush crossed his face.

"So dad, where's this new pilot you hired yesterday," Leon asked.

"He went out until you arrived. I guess he's not back yet," Dr. Toros told him.

"I just tried to contact him, but he must have his comm turned off," Jamie told them.

"Hey guys," Justin's voice blared over the comm, "have Naomi and Leon arrived yet," he asked.

"Yes they have, where're you," Jamie asked.

"It looks like I'm gonna be a little late. I'm currently involved in a battle with the Backdraft Group. I shouldn't be too long," Justin told them.

"Do you need any help," Dr. Toros asked.

"Nope, I'll be fine. Tell the Flugle Team I'm looking forward to meeting them as soon as I get back," Justin told him and the comm went dead.

"He's taking on the Backdraft Group by himself? He must be some warrior," Leon stated.

"He is, you should've seen what he did to the Champ Team, it was embarrassing for Harry," Bit told him.

"Bit what happened to your face," Leon laughed.

"Justin did, he's worse than Leena. He even pulled a gun on me when I forgot to ask if I could have some of his nachos," Bit told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


A Saber Tiger roared a painful roar as its two left legs were completely severed from its body, dropping to the ground as the Shield Liger had strike laser clawed it.

As the Liger came down and landed, it made a one eighty turn and fired, taking out several Guysacks with the shock cannon.

"Why don't you get some real warriors," Justin yelled.

The two missile boxes flipped out, and deployed the sixteen missiles, each of them swerving, the smoke trails weaving in and out in an interesting pattern, before taking out another sixteen Zoids.

"You want a real challenge? I'll pay you back for what you did to me the other day."

A Dark Horn stepped out from behind a large rock. Two hibit vulcan guns were mounted on the back, giving it a fearsome look.

"So, Major Palta, we meet again. Still haven't had enough humiliation? What do I have to do, decapitate your Zoid this time," Justin asked.

"You're gonna regret that remark kid. I'm gonna destroy your Zoid completely," Palta told him and opened fire with both guns.

The Shield Liger deployed its energy shield, blocking the shots. The Liger let out a loud roar and charged at the Dark Horn, ramming it full force with the shield acting as a battering ram and shaking Palta up.

"Why you sneaky little punk," Palta yelled.

The Dark Horn began to march forward, pushing the Shield Liger back. The shield Liger pulled back, and charged off, gaining some distance, and charging forward at a high speed, smashing the shield into the Dark Horn, knocking it back.

"How's that for a shakeup? Liger, give it the donkey kick," Justin ordered.

The energy shield deactivated and ran to the side of the Dark Horn, and kicking it in the side just like a donkey would kick, knocking it onto its side. The Liger roared and turned to face the Dark Horn's underbelly, powering a strike laser claws and cutting through the armor.

The Liger cut through several more times, before sinking its fangs into the body, and tearing the Zoid Core right out of the body, sparks flying from the cables as it was dropped to the ground.

"Ano now, Judge, announce your decision or else," Justin ordered as he aimed both cannons right at the dark Judge.

"Allright, allright. The battle is over, the battle is over! The winner is...the Blitz Team," the dark Judge announced in a disgusted matter.

"I'll expect the money in the team's account immediately. Otherwise I'll be coming after you and taking it out of your hides," Justin announced and had the Shield Liger dash off.

"Beaten again, by a kid and one stinkin' Shield Liger, the Committee of Seven isn't going to like this," Palta said to himself.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"That was kind of fun, although it could've been better if we were up against Red Horns and Dark Horns," Justin stated as the Shield Liger charged off at top speed, "The Winner" being played over the speakers.

Liger: Sending in mostly Guysacks, what were they thinking? I knew that brains were never the Backdraft Group's strong point, but that was ridiculous.

"You got that right, maybe we should challenge the Lightning Team to a battle later, with three Lightning Saix units, they're bound to prove a challenge," Justin told him.

Liger: Sounds good to me. But for, back to the base!


+++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ +++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Do you think Justin got in over his head," Bit asked.

"I don't know, but shouldn't he have gotten back here by now," Jamie asked.

"Well I hope he gets back soon, the pizzas are gonna get cold if he doesn't get here soon," Leena told them.

Several minutes later, an image appeared on the main screen in the living room. It was the Shield Liger quickly approaching.

"Hey guys, sorry if I'm late," Justin's voice came over the comm.

"No problem, did you have trouble with the Backdraft Group," Dr. Toros asked.

"Not really, the most challenging part was my run in with a Dark Horn, but that's over with now. What's for dinner I'm starving."

"We've got some pizzas ordered, but you'd better hurry up before they get cold," Leena told him.

"We're hurrying as fast as we can, but unless I get some ion booster upgrades, Liger can't go any faster," Justin told her.

"Why did he say "we're"," Leon asked.

"Ever hear of the Z.A.I.P? His Shield Liger has one installed," Brad told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


The Liger finally reached the base and walked into the hangar, stopping next to the Gustav. The cockpit opened, and Justin was lowered on a cable with a small platform for his foot to rest on as he gripped the cable.

"So, a red Gun Sniper and a red Blade Liger, no wonder they got the nickname "The Red Comets"," Justin said to himself after seeing the Flugle Team's Zoids, "I'm back," he announced.

"It's about time, the pizzas were getting cold and we had to stick them in the oven," Leena complained.

"Better there than in Bit's mouth," Justin joked.

"Hey," Bit screamed.

"Oh knock it off, so where's the Flugle Team," Justin asked.

"They're coming," Leena told him.

A couple of minutes later, Leon and Naomi finally entered the hangar.

"So, lemme guess, you're Justin Thompson, the new warrior of the Blitz Team," Leon asked.

"Yep, and I'm guessing you're Leon Toros. You sure as hell ain't Naomi," Justin told him.

"No, that would be me," Naomi stated as she walked up to him.

Naomi's suit caused Justin's eyes to pop out slightly. Since they had never really met, it was surprising.

'Pretty revealing, probably uses it to distract her opponents attention from the battle,' Justin thought.

"So, you're Justin Thompson, I've gotta admit, your father's program is pretty impressive," Naomi told him.

"Very true, the Z.A.I.P is an amazing program. Have you given you Gun Sniper a name," Justin asked as he tried to focus on the talk instead of Naomi's choice in clothes.

"Of course, Red Comet seemed like a appropriate name. But I can't get her to stop shaking her hips when she walks," Naomi told him.

"Unfortunately that can't be helped. It's a side affect that's been reported with every Zoid that gets a Z.A.I.P with a feminine personality," Justin told her.

"And I thought my Z.A.I.P just had a weird sense of humor. So, you got into a fight against the Backdraft Group by yourself and won," Naomi asked him.

"Yeah, Liger's one tough Zoid, he loves a good battle. Unfortunately we haven't had many that're a good challenge. I really need to take on another Class S team," Justin told her.

"I bet you will eventually. So what's the story with the shield Liger? Why's it painted like a Blade Liger," Naomi asked as she walked over to it.

"For a custom Zoid, why not a custom paint job," he asked.

"Good point. Maybe our two teams should battle sometime," Naomi suggested.

"That, I would enjoy," Justin told her.

"Hey I hate to break this up but let's eat I'm starving," Bit yelled.

"Whatever, mighty mouth," Justin told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


"So you actually pulled a gun on Bit because he took some of your nachos without asking first," Leon asked as he took another bite from his pizza.

"Yep, but the joke was on him, it wasn't loaded," Justin replied.

"WHAT! You mean you nearly gave me a heart attack, and your gun wasn't even loaded," Bit yelled.

"Ah cool down hothead, I just wanted to scare you. I wouldn't 've maimed you too badly," Justin told him.

"So Justin, I've heard that your Shield Liger has some heavy modifications. If you don't mind my asking, what are they exactly," Leon asked.

"Since you guys are all friends, I guess I can tell you. Other than the Z.A.I.P system," Justin began and took a drink of soda, "highly advanced armor, a modified shield generator, the ability to perform the strike laser claw maneuver, and a heavily shielded, nuclear reactor," he explained.

"Wow, a nuclear reactor? Isn't that dangerous," Naomi asked.

"No, it's highly shielded, it took a Gojulas, an hour of constant stomping to destroy a test sample of the armor, so there's nothing to worry about," Justin explained.

"I'm surprised the Zoid Battle Commission would let you use a Zoid with that much power," Leon told him.

"After what we did for them, they'd let us mount a charged particle cannon on the Liger," Justin told him.

"Remind me again, what did you do for the commission," Leena asked.

"We fixed their Ultrasaurus after it was nearly destroyed. Did you ever see the price of an Ultrasaurus? Those things cost more than a Class S team could make in a year, even if they battled every day. There's only a few Ultrasaurus units around, and they didn't want to replace it unless they had to," Justin told her.

"Wow, that's very interesting," Leon told him.

"You've got that right Leon," Justin replied, shortly before hearing a loud roar coming from the hangar.

"What was that," Naomi asked.

"Sounds like Liger is having a conversation with Red Comet, I guess Z.A.I.P unit actually can converse with each other," Justin told her, "from the sounds of it, they're probably getting along really well."


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"I'm gonna get you Naomi," Leena boasted as she fought against Naomi in a computerized shooting game. And as usual, she had wasted countless ammo, and only gained minimal points.

"I don't think so Leena, you're going down," Naomi calmly replied. She pressed the fire button on her joystick, and took down Leena's game character in a single shot, game over flashing on the screen.

"Naomi you cheated, did you slip a game shark chip into your controller when I wasn't looking," Leena demanded to know.

"Nope, I don't resort to cheating, I just take careful aim and fire," Naomi replied.

"Why you," Leena screamed as she reached for Naomi's neck to strangle her.

"Hey keep it down you two it's just a game. God, one would think you two were in love with all those squabbles you get into," Justin commented.

"Us, in love? Never in a million years," Naomi retorted.

Leena on the other hand, had a murderous look in her eyes, and a death glare aimed right for Justin.

"Uh oh," Justin said and got up and dashed off.

"Justin get back here," Leena yelled and chased after him.

Brad, who had currently been arm wrestling Leon, couldn't help but chuckle at what had just went on.

"Wanna make a bet," Leon asked, Brad nodded, "I'll bet my next paycheck that Leena catches him and tears him a new nostril."

"I'll take that bet," Brad replied.

"You're on," Leon told him, quickly beating Brad at the arm wrestling match.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


"Leena for the love of all that's good and holy, don't kill me," Justin begged as he dashed through the hangar of the base.

"You get back here and take your beating like a man you wuss," Leena yelled as she chased after him.

"Leena you've gotta understand I didn't mean it, I was just trying to break up the fight between you and Naomi, honest," he stated as he did his best to keep ahead of the angry redhead.

"So it was a joke? I'll show you a real joke," Leena yelled as she continued her pursuit.

"She must be related to Hiltz, I've never heard of an angrier redhead," Justin said to himself as he tried to make a quick turn.

Unfortunately, when Bit had worked on the Liger Zero, he forgot to dispose of several oily rags, causing a major wipeout, followed by a crash into a stack of large drum barrels.

"Son of a! I'm gonna kill you Bit," Justin yelled angrily.

As Justin began to dig himself out of the pile of barrels, he soon found that his shoulders were pined to the ground, and an upside down Leena was staring him in the face.

"You're gonna regret that crack you made about me and Naomi, Justin. I'm gonna make you pay," Leena told him with a maniacal glare on her face.

"Oh well, life's been good, I guess I don't have any regrets, just make it quick," Justin told her and covered his eyes, waiting for the inevitable.

Instead of feeling a pounding that could make even a Gojulas cry in pain, he felt a bonk on his forehead. Nervously, he opened his eyes, and saw Leena giggling and holding a fist.

"Hey hold it, was that it? No bone shattering? No brass knuckles to the groin," Justin asked as he was let back up.

"You're lucky I like you Justin, normally I would've broken your arm. But since I like you, I decided to just terrorize you for some laughs," Leena told him and helped him back to his feet

"Well it sure worked, you certainly scared me, nearly gave me a heart attack," Justin told her.

"Well you deserved it for that crack you made," Leena told him.

"Well I'm sorry, but right now I', gonna make another crack, this time in Bit's skull for not picking up those rags," Justin told her as he cracked his knuckles.

"You know Justin, you may fit in perfectly around here with that kind of attitude," Leena told him.

"Tell me, why'd you spare my miserable life anyway," Justin asked as they started to walk back to the living room.

"Well you were nice enough to fix my Gun Sniper after you rammed it, you got Harry to leave me alone, and now I've got somebody else to help me hurt Bit," Leena told him.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++


Leon and Brad both turned and looked as Leena and Justin entered the room, and saw the oil and grease smudges on him and his suit, but no signs of being maimed.

"What happened," Leon asked.

"Bit happened, he left a pile of old rags on the floor, I slipped, and crashed into a stack of drum barrels. Where is that blond, I'm gonna hurt him," Justin explained.

"He's in the kitchen getting some soda, but you didn't hear it from me," Jamie told him.

"Thanks," Justin told him and walked out.

"Looks like you owe me some money Leon," Brad stated.

"Don't rub it in, I'll send you a check tomorrow," Leon told him.

"I guess I can take your word for it," Brad told him.

A loud, terror filled screamed cold be heard throughout the base, getting everybody's attention, even Dr. Toros who was putting together an Elephandor model.

"Bit get back here and take your beating like a man! Because of you and those oily rags I nearly cracked my skull like a coconut," Justin yelled as he could be heard chasing Bit through the halls of the base.

"Oh yeah, he's definitely going to fit in around here," Leena said to herself.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++++


The party had carried on for hours and lasted long into the night. Bit had suffered from a dislocated, then relocated shoulder, thanks to Justin. They group had played rounds of arm wrestling, poker, Monopoly, computer games, and had ingested countless amounts of junk food and soda.

Even the Zoids were enjoying themselves. Liger and Red Comet conversed well into the night, while the Liger Zero and Blade Liger simply just talked to each other about their latest battles. All the time everybody was enjoying themselves, even Leena and Naomi were getting along like good friends instead of rivals. All in all, it was a great party.


++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++++ ++++++++++++++++++++++++++


Leena: Justin's survived his first real day as a warrior of the Blitz Team, and I think he's going to fit in perfectly around here. What's this? A fight with a Class S team? Allright this is going to bright be great! But why is Justin acting strange all of the sudden? Next time on Zoids: New Century Zero, "The Blitz Team meets the Crimson Team/Bloodlust. Ready, fight!"