Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ The Ultimate Zoid Warrior ❯ Departure ( Chapter 3 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

An hour later Dr. Toros and the rest of the Blitz Team were ready and departing for Dr. Leyon's base. When they reached the base Dr. Leyon greeted them and showed them around while he gave them a simple explanation of the time machine (which looked like a rather large portal) when Bit said

"How will we get back?"

"I thought about that when I built the time machine. Since cell phones and video cameras cant relay images and sounds through time I had to test it by myself, which was not as much of a risk as you might think. I brought the parts to build another one along with me, so if it worked, I could be sent back here. Like all my inventions, it worked and I built another time machine in the past which is identical to the one here." Leyon explained.

"What if people come and destroy it or something…in the past that is." Leena asked curiously.

"Well where I landed, which was at this very location only years ago, I was in a large field and saw nobody. I made sure there was a city somewhere close so we wouldn't be stranded of course, but the city was a long distance away while riding in a Jeep. If we took the hover cargo it shouldn't take very long and wont feel very long because it will be comfortable." Leyon said in that tone of voice that made it sound like he knew everything.

"Let's get going already!" Bit yelled as he grew more and more excited about his upcoming battle.

Dr. Leyon simply nodded as he made his way over to what seemed to be the control panel of the time machine and press a few buttons after typing in the time which flashed in yellow lights on a monitor above the actual machine. A few seconds after he pressed the red button that stood out the most, a white light began to emit from the machine as the space inside the portal began to fill in with what seemed to be a white tunnel. Leyon ran as fast as he could and got aboard the Hover Cargo as it moved slowly onto the ramp and through the 'tunnel' of white light.

"This is safe right?" Said Jamie in a worried tone.

"If it wasn't would I be standing here right now?" Leyon said with a light smile on his face.

Not another word was said until the tunnel seemed to end and the Hover Cargo drove into a field that was the same field that Dr. Leyon described. As they drove further Dr. Leyon pointed out the other time machine which stood close to the spot where they came out. Dr. Leyon took over the controls for a moment and brought up an image of a city that the Hover Cargo was approaching.

"There it is. It's the city where we will discover Van's whereabouts." Leyon exclaimed confidently.