Fan Fiction / Zoids Fan Fiction ❯ Two Birds, One Arrow ❯ Love On The Battlefield ( Chapter 4 )

[ P - Pre-Teen ]

*Disclaimer- I do not own Zoids. It is copyrighted by whatever company, and I am only using this for entertainment purposes. (whispers over to Brad) How long before the invasion can begin?

Brad: Two weeks…

Me (A la Mr. Burns): Excellent…

Here goes…

Chapter 4:

LOVEBIRDS ON THE BATTLEFIELD

The discussion had already begun. The table was filled with all of the head figures of the Backdraft organization. In the back of the room stood Stoler, Polta, and the members of the Fuma team. They were being briefed on their current mission during this discussion. A man stood in front, showing multiple images of two familiar Zoids. The entire room filled with gasps of shock.

"As you can see, these are pictures of a Stormsworder, our Stormsworder, piloted by Pierce and she apparently is in collaboration with the Blitz Team's Raynos. You should all be very aware that the Blitz Team is our primary enemy, and that we should all be working to retrieve the Liger Zero, let alone the price for betrayal of the Backdraft Group."

"Shouldn't we at least interrogate Pierce as to why she was seen with the Raynos pilot?" The entire room turned to face, Stoler, who was determined to see Pierce unharmed, trying to find any reason possible to avoid a punishment.

"Lieutenant Stoler, please. Explain yourself."

"Sir! I have reason to believe that Pierce may be using this as an infiltration method, a way to gather information and ultimately achieve our goal, which is the Liger Zero's theft. Pierce is the most loyal pilot to our cause that I know. She wouldn't do this without a good reason."

"You may have a point, but keep in mind, lieutenant, Pierce is on indefinite suspension, due to a prior failure that I specifically warned her about. If she is doing this, it is against regulation. She should not be doing anything off duty for us, let alone without our consent or informing us. Do you consider that behavior normal for our 'loyal' pilot, lieutenant?" Stoler remained silent. He could not speak. "That's what I thought. The fact remains that she is breaking every code as she goes along on her little charade. Lieutenant Stoler, are you sure that this isn't out of personal feelings?" Stoler flinched, his fists clenching tightly as he struggled to keep his composure. His eyes were burning, almost to the point where tears would run freely. His entire face burned with fury. "If this is personal, I suggest that you keep it to yourself, lest you wish to drag yourself into Pierce's troubles. Your loyalty is to our cause, first and foremost. Do not forget that! That being said, let us discuss the punishment for these intolerable acts."

He wanted to lash out at this man, who would disregard his dearest friend's integrity and morals at the drop of a hat, but he realized that at the moment, he would be helpless. He watched the discussion continue, his hopes shattered in seconds. Polta turned to him, patting him on the shoulder, giving little consolation to his comrade. "I know how you feel, but we are warriors first. You can't just defy the Backdraft. I wish there was something I could do. I've always respected Pierce, you know that." The room grew silent, as the head speaker drew his attention to the tall man, built with a husky frame, who had been arguing viciously with his fellow council.

"Dr. Layon, you seem to be the most concerned over the actions taken for the topic at hand. What do you have in mind?"

"She disobeyed my orders, sir. I want to see that she gets her just deserves for what she has done."

"Need I remind you that personal reasons are not what we came here to discuss? Our objective of capturing the Liger Zero is far more important than your little vendetta with Tauros." Layon smirked.

"Surely you do realize that without the Hover Cargo, the Liger would be a sitting duck anyway…" replied Layon, smiling over his comeback. He was always good at reversing perspectives, manipulating people to his views. How else could he have used the Tigers Team so cruelly? How else could he have convinced Tauros to fight him in the Aroch Mountains, where the Stormsworder battle had taken place?

"I'm listening…"

"You see, if she will be using our Stormsworder against us, she should be punished by me, because I was the one who gave her that Zoid. I say we capture her, destroy the Zoid, put her under heavy interrogation, which by your decision could be a fair trial, and if she is found guilty, I feel the punishment for such failure, betrayal, and insubordination," he continued, his tone rising with every accusation, "should be death! She joined this group with an oath, and since then has learned far too many secrets about how we work! She can't just walk away, joining our enemies. It's far too risky. I won't stand for it!"

"Then it's settled. We will begin preparations for her capture tomorrow, at 0100 hours."

"Sir, there's more."

"What is it, doctor?"

"I have been watching her battle where she and the Raynos pilot have fought off the Jurassic Team Gang. Studying the Raynos, I've made several observations and concluded that this particular Raynos is not an ordinary Zoid…"

"Are you saying that it may be an Ultimate X?"

"No sir, I'm implying that it does have connections, though."

"Please, continue..."

"I've researched and found articles involving such similar actions as the Raynos had taken. While the Raynos lacks the endurance and natural offensive capabilities of an Ultimate X, the system installed is similar to the Organoid system installed in all Ultimate X Zoids. Whether it was meant to be a prototype or an accessory, I do not know. What I do know is, much like the Liger Zero, I feel it should be captured as well. That tornado attack it made at the last minute seemed to be more in response to when Pierce was shot down, so I'm sure it's services would be rather useful to our purposes."

"This is quite interesting, Layon, but we will only worry about our Backdraft pilot for now. Continue researching, and if what you say is true, we can expect everything to play right into our hands, anyway. The Raynos pilot seems to be quite fond of her, and I haven't a doubt in my mind, that with the correct measures taken, he will come to us at the right time. Being that his Zoid has unusual skills, its collaboration with the Liger could prove risky. This concludes our meeting." All figures at the discussion table, along with the pilots called in, were leaving, except for one… Stoler looked at the ground, a deep sadness and pain in his expression.

"…Pierce…"

_____________

At the same time, a council was being held in the living room of the Tauros base, Jamie being the person held in question.

"I knew it! I knew it! You've got two personalities. COOOL!" Leena shouted, not really upset at the revelation involved.

"That would explain why it seems like you've been talking to yourself lately…" commented Brad.

"Jamie, why didn't you tell us? We would have understood. You're part of the team."

"Sorry doc. I just thought you'd all think I was crazy if I told you Wild Eagle was part of my subconscious."
"Relax, Jamie! It's like Doc said. You're one of us! We just wanna know if you're okay," added Bit, slapping Jamie on the back playfully. He hit him a little harder than he intended, causing Jamie to choke for a second. He was back to normal in a moment or so.

"… so you're not mad?"

"Of course not! In fact, we gladly welcome the Wild Eagle! If you don't want him to leave, we'll treat him as one of the team. Whatever you want." Leena beamed as she reassured for the fifth time that night that the Blitz Team was being understanding of their comrade's predicament. Jamie finally forced a smile, but was also thinking about something else. ~But you'll have to leave sooner or later. You said so yourself.~ Wild Eagle responded immediately. / So? I was only made to help you. Don't feel bad when I go. / In all actuality, he was being a lot more dishonest than he let on. He, himself, was developing feelings for Pierce on his own, and the truth he had revealed to Jamie had been on his mind since the battle with the gang. Whenever he was suppressed into the back of Jamie's mind, he could control what thoughts his partner could hear, and vice versa. / I know I'm supposed to just do my part and fade away, but I can't help thinking about her. I don't know if I could ever let go of this adventure. /

"Jamie, I wanted to talk to you about the battle you had with the gang…"

"WHAAT? You knew about that?"

"Of course! I planted a beacon and recorder inside your Zoid, and I have two questions to ask about that night." Jamie hesitated. ~They're gonna find out about Pierce for sure!~

"You see, the first is about that amazing attack the Raynos pulled off. It wiped out the entire field of enemies. Incredible! How'd you do it?"

"Doc, I really don't know… all I know is that it's called Whirlwind Fury, and it ended up just flashing on my screen when I got really mad."

"Say, that's what Liger always does to me in combat!" Bit noted. Doc just stood still, pondering everything to strike a conclusion.

"Yes, that is strange…"

"What attack are you talking about?" The rest of the Blitz Team did not see the attack, so Doc showed them the footage. They were in awe at what they saw. "Wow! That causes more destruction than Wild Weasel!" exclaimed Leena. Bit decided to mess with her for a second.

"If any! You almost always miss when you shoot." Leena turned to growl at him, and he backed away slowly, smiling nervously, more so with a fear causing his heart to pound rapidly. Jamie decided to reunite Leena with her mind; she was apparently about to lose it.

"Guys! We've got more important things to discuss here!" The two calmed, apologizing to their teammate.

"Yes, that's right! I almost forgot about the second question." Jamie froze, and let a gulp go down his throat.

/ Damn! Forgot about that one, didn't you ? /

~…shut up…~

"That girl who you were with… I didn't see her because the footage was only inside the Zoid, but the name, Pierce… isn't she the one from the Backdraft group?"

"What?" Leena replied. "Wadda ya mean, from the Backdraft?" Brad just sat calmly, letting everything be explained to him in due time.

"Who's Pierce?" Bit asked. He had never remembered to ask her for her name before, during or after their previous battle.

"You idiot! She's that green-haired woman I shot down!"

"Oh, her? Whaa-? You mean Jamie went out with her?"
"Wait a second Bit, what makes you think I went out with her?"

"What else would you be doing with her? She's the enemy, and she's hot!" Bit purposely ignored the glare coming from Leena. Brad let a laugh loose inside of his mind. Calm as he always looked, that didn't mean he never reacted to what went on around him. Jamie blushed at Bit's statement.

"That's beside the point, Bit! The question is, why would you two be dating? She's the enemy," replied Tauros, returning his team to the topic at hand.

"Doc, I can explain. She's not with the Backdraft right now. I don't even know if she's planning to go back. Besides, just cause she works for them doesn't mean she's a bad person." Jamie didn't think that he'd receive support for his defense, but just as he was awaiting Doc's response, Bit stood up.

"Doc, Jamie's right. I saw this Pierce before the battle, and she's really not bad at all. I don't agree with her working for such a terrible group, but… she has her reasons. I say give em a chance." Tauros was surprised that Bit stood up for Jamie, and simply smiled.

"All right then. We'll let it alone for the time being."

"Doc, that reminds me. Something else about that attack the Raynos did."

"What is it?"

"It sorta responded to when Pierce got shot out of the sky. I remember Wild Eagle getting angry, and then the attack flashed on the screen. I don't know why, though…"

"Hold that thought, Jamie. We'll look into all of this tomorrow."

"Oh, yeah. Ashley sends her regards," Jamie added.

"REALLY? Wow! She's so cool!" Leena shouted. Bit and Brad sweat dropped.

"So why exactly is Ashley so important again?" asked Bit. Brad decided to explain.

"Don't you remember? She's the Gun Sniper Goddess! She has mastered dueling combat like Naomi, mass assault combat like Leena, and close range combat. In fact, she created her own Gun Sniper, the Gun Sniper Legend, with all three capabilities. Anyone who's skilled at shooting, or just plain trigger-happy knows how famous she is. She retired from Zoid battles though."

"Really? Why?"

"They say she just didn't find competition anymore. She sat back, and did volunteer work on the side, helping to solve cases regarding crimes with the Legend. Don't get me wrong, she still pilots it, and I doubt she ever lost her skills."

"That's amazing! I'm getting a headache. Too many revelations for me in one night. I'm going to bed. Good night," Bit replied, yawning exhaustedly. Everyone else agreed, watching as Bit left the room, but they made one, tiny observation.

"Where's Leena?" they all asked, their question being answered as they heard Bit screaming and a stampede ringing through the halls.

"Come back here, Bit Cloud! How dare you insult my skills and say someone looks better than me?" Jamie sweat dropped.

"Poor Bit… does he ever get a break?"

"Guess not," coolly replied Brad. That was the final thought of the night, as everyone decided it was best to go to sleep.

_____________

Pierce sat at her computer, researching on the Raynos. "Whirlwind Fury, that's what he called it." Running through every site imaginable, she tried to find information on the attack. There was none.

"What? How can that be? Even if the Zoid is an Ultimate X, there's gotta be some kind of information on it." She wasn't looking for information to help the Backdraft, rather she found it quite intriguing how amazing the attack looked when she saw it first-hand. The fact that she could find no connections really disturbed her. Just then, a message appeared on her com-link. It was coming from Stoler. Pierce opened up the link, ready to talk to her friend to ease her mind of her recent tensions.

"Hey, Stoler, what's up?"

"Get out of there now!" Stoler obviously had no intention of engaging in casual conversation.

"What's wrong?"

"The heads of the organization have a price on your head. Your Zabat Team is coming to capture you as we speak. Leave at once!"
"But why would they do such a thing?"

"They know about you and the Raynos pilot!" Pierce gasped when she heard her comrade say this. ~Oh, no! That means…~

"Just let me know one thing… were you planning on turning your back on the Backdraft group?"
"Yes… I don't know. He just made me feel like I could do anything as long as I was with him, you know? Stoler, I'm sorry you had to find out this way. I really like you, but--" Stoler cut her off.

"Don't worry about it. I told you, I'm happy as long as you're happy. Otherwise, I wouldn't be warning you right now. Just go, I promise you I'll do whatever I can to help, and one more thing…" Pierce listened intently, paying close attention to the next words that would be uttered. "… Layon's in charge of the search. He's planning on taking your crimes as far as death!" Pierce fumbled with the com-link. She was in shock. ~Jamie! Oh no!~ "Don't just stand there, get out now!"

Pierce ran for the door, looking outside at the two Zoids in her possession. She was about to head in the direction of the Stormsworder, but she turned to the Zabat instead. ~They'd be looking for me in the Stormsworder. Besides, I just finished repairing it from the last battle.~ Climbing into her Zoid, she realized it was too late when her squad appeared in the distance. ~Damn! I've got no choice but to fight. Looks like I won't see you for awhile, Jamie… sorry.~ She charged at the flock of bat-like Zoids in full force, knowing it was futile but not planning on being captured without a fight. Inside her house, the com-link was still on. Stoler heard everything. There was the screeching of the Zabats, fierce winds and firing being heard, and a crash until finally, silence. The only remaining noises were the majority of the Zabats flying away and the sound of several Zabats carrying a Zoid, which was obviously the Stormsworder. Pierce's protests were also heard, but another abrupt silence ensued, and then total silence spread over the entire area.

"If Pierce sees no need to stay with the Backdraft, neither do I. I'll help her in getting out, and if need be, I'll leave myself."

_____________

Jamie woke up that morning, fully rested and looking forward to another day of relaxation. He had no reason to be upset; his worst fears had finally subsided. He didn't have to hide his relationship with Pierce, and everyone was okay with the idea of his other personality. He basically was carefree at the time. Walking into the dining room, he saw Harry and Dr. Tauros conversing at the breakfast table, Harry sipping on some coffee and Doc reading a newspaper. He picked up the last part of the conversation.

"You gotta look out, Mr. Tauros."

"For the last time, stop calling me that! You make me seem like I'm your father-in-law." At this, Harry blushed, going on and on about how he wished that were true and how he and Leena would be so happy together and how they were meant for each other.

"I'm Harry Champ, a man destined to be king! Leena is my soul mate, destined to be queen!"

"AM NOT!" Leena stormed into the dining room. "How dare you say that?" Harry felt himself shrinking, and with each word he was about to say, he got smaller, smaller, smaller…

"But, Leena, darling… it's true…….. you…… and….. I are meant for each other," he finished, almost completely silent to the ears of all who were listening."
"Harry, that's enough! Did you come here to tell me about something or to harass my daughter all day?" Tauros grew quite impatient with the young, rich Zoid pilot, and Harry finally came back to his senses. Clearing his throat, he continued to speak.

"Mr.-- I mean Doc, you should be on the lookout for a gang that's just entered this territory."

"If they're anything like the Sand Stingray Gang, I don't see what all the fuss is about," commented Brad, listening to the conversation. Bit was oblivious to all going on except the channels through which he flicked.

"That's logical thinking, but this gang is ten times worse. There are hundreds of members, and they always have high-tech weaponry…" Jamie thought back to the battle that he had fought two nights before. ~They had those high-tech plasma cannons, and Gojulas and Iron Kongs are also hard to come by.~

"They have a theme to their Zoids. They usually use things involved with dinosaurs and the prehistoric period." Jamie listened more intently. ~Pteras, Gojulas, Sabretiger, Iron Kong. It's gotta be them!~ "Their name is the Jurassic Team Gang." Jamie gulped. ~What? How can that be?~ Wild Eagle laughed from within.

/ Wow… never saw that coming, / he said sarcastically.

~…shut up.~

"So wadda we do?" asked Leena.

"You let me handle it," answered Jamie, preparing to explain everything. "Doc, that's the gang I demolished that night."

"What? You beat them?" Harry could not contain himself. It was impossible for that to ever happen, and yet… it did. "Well, Doc, I gotta be on my way. I'll see you guys later."

"One more thing," added Tauros. "Do you think you could do some research on the Raynos? I'm trying to find information regarding this data," he continued, giving Harry a copy of the disk he had made from the night of the battle.

"Yeah, I'll do it, but it's gonna cost you…" he replied, looking over to Leena and winking at her. She cringed.

"Who the hell do you think I am? I won't do it!" Before she could continue, Bit and Tauros were standing behind her, chanting. Jamie sweat dropped.

"Take the date! Take the date! Take the date! Take the date! Take the date! Take the date! Take the date! Take the date! Take the date! Take the date!" Leena sighed in defeat.

"Where the hell'd you come from Bit?"

"Oh, you know, I was just, around…"

"Thanks a lot!"

"Oh, you're quite welcome." Leena snarled at Bit's remark, forcing him to do his usual, slow retreat.

"I'll deal with you later…" she growled. Harry was too happy to notice.

"I'll see you guys tomorrow. As for you, Leena, I'll see you tonight."

__________

Pierce sat in the center of a room. She had been cuffed and forced to sit on her knees before her council. The crowd was seated all around, and she could have been described as the center of a hostile universe. There were three men, at which Layon was the head. The room was filled with boos and jeers, all directed at the poor pilot. Layon just cackled evilly, while sipping on noodles.

"Lieutenant Pierce, you have been charged with high treason. How do you plead?" boomed Layon, using a deeper voice than what was normally his. He was just trying to make the trial seem as dramatic as trials were in the movies. Pierce stood up firmly, looking Layon directly in the eyes.

"…not guilty."

"How do you plead against charges on insubordination?"

"…not guilty."

"I see… so how do you plead on charges of attacking your own men?"

"I object!"

"You're in no position to object in my court. Answer the question!"

"But what am I supposed to do if my own men attack me?"
"JUST ANSWER THE QUESTION!"

"…not guilty." The courtroom burst out of control. Some even threw things at her. Layon simply smirked. Silencing the court with the pounding of his gavel, he began to speak.

"I see, then I have reached a verdict. You are guilty, and sentenced to death by execution, effective immediately, but not before we destroy your Stormsworder."

"What? This isn't a fair trial!"

"Who cares? I can do what I want! Take her away!" Several guards escorted her out of the room, the last things she heard being Layon's rants. "You hear that, Tauros? I can do whatever I want! I AM GOD! MWAHAHAHA!" The entire room fell silent. Everyone sweat dropped. Layon put his noodles down and regained composure. "Oooookayyy…"

______________

"Layon? What are you doing calling here?"

"Where's your Raynos pilot, Tauros?"

"What? You mean, Jamie?"

"Yeah, that's the one. Tell him we've caught his little dove." Tauros looked confused, so Layon decided to explain further. "Just tell him! He'll know what you mean." Tauros sat down, putting the palms of his hands to his forehead and thinking about what Layon meant.

"What the hell is he talking about?" Deciding to go tell Jamie after thinking for about ten minutes, he realized what Layon was talking about when he saw Jamie freaking out about the whole thing. "You mean, Layon was talking about Pierce?"

"Who else would he be talking about, Doc? I'll be right back! I'm gonna go check her house."

"Oh, no you don't!" Leena protested.

"But guys… I need to check to see if she's all right."

"Leena's right. You're not going by yourself. You'll need all of us to help you if this is some sort of trap. So are you gonna go too, Brad?" Brad nodded to answer Bit's question.

"…thanks guys…"

"All right, then it's settled. Everyone to your Zoids!" Leena, Bit, and Brad rushed out the room, preparing to take on whatever got in their way. Jamie stayed behind for a moment.

"Doc, what did Bit mean about a trap?"

"Well, it was Layon who called. Besides, why would he want you to come if he didn't have a trap or plan to capture you? He might use you for bait to capture the Liger Zero, or…" Tauros continued, "he might even be well aware of the capabilities of the Raynos. Either way, we can't afford to be careless right now, understand?" Jamie nodded his head in agreement.

"Thanks, Doc!" Jamie ran out to his Zoid.

Flying ahead of the rest of his team, Jamie was determined to find out if Layon was lying. ~He's gotta be! What else could the Backdraft want with capturing its own pilot?~ Wild Eagle decided to answer the question.

/ You know, if they've seen her with us, they may think she's gone traitor. / Jamie continued to fly, until he saw Pierce's house in the distance. His jaw dropped as he came closer. ~Isn't that her Zabat? It's ruined!~ The Zabat had been badly banged up, one of its wings broken on the ground. It looked like there had been a fight recently, as the cockpit had been opened like it was in ejection mode.

"Let's report back to the base, guys! We need to figure out where they're holding her and exactly what we're going to do."

"Good idea, Jamie. You heard him, let's regroup." By the time they had returned, Tauros had already assembled any of their previous allies: the Fluegel Team, Jack Sisco from the Lightning Team, and Harry, Sebastian, and Benjamin.

"Wow! Guys, you don't know how much this means to me," Jamie said as he stumbled on the words, trying his hardest to hold back a sole tear. Naomi walked over and patted him on his shoulder.

"Don't mention it kid. We'll help you get her back. Besides, I look forward to testing my skills out, you know, to see which Gun Sniper is better." Leena jumped up at the challenge.

"My Gun Sniper can beat your Red Comet any day!"

"Your defective Zoid couldn't beat me if I was out of ammo," Naomi playfully countered. Leena didn't get the gist of the joke and growled furiously.

"What… Did… You… Say?" Naomi just looked up to the ceiling, like she usually did to annoy Leena, and used her usual retort.

"Huh? I didn't say anything. Just talking to myself," she replied innocently, Leena still fuming with Bit and Brad trying to calm her down. Outside, the sound of a Zoid approaching caused every body to look to the cameras of the base. Apparently, another Gun Sniper appeared. It was black on the face and the back, but its underbelly was completely white with a Coat of Arms on the chest. It had the tail rifle that Naomi's Red Comet possessed, and it also packed the Wild Weasel Unit of Leena's. Most admirable, however, were the gun slings on its sides and the sword hanging off of its hip. It looked like a knight, a very impressive and noble sight amongst the observers at the base. Leena and Naomi ended their quarrel, their eyes lighting up at the sight. They knew who it was.

"Hey? Ashley! Oh my god! I can't believe we actually get to see you fight, and you're fighting

alongside us! This is awesome!" Leena couldn't contain herself. Naomi was happy, but she remained calm in the presence of the Gun Sniper Legend.

"It's an honor to finally meet you in person, Ashley. You're the reason I pilot a Gun Sniper today."

"Well, I'm glad you all know who I am, but we've got more important things to do. Jamie, I'm here to help you get that nice lady back, and don't worry about not paying for that dinner I made. It'll be on me. As far as I know, you'll need it to make things up to her. I've been looking over the layout of the land, and I think I may have found out where the Backdraft Group keeps their base."

"Oh yeah! That reminds me," Harry added. "I've found some information on the system that you described in the Raynos. The system itself was meant to be an addition to something called an Ultimate X. Apparently, it was meant to enhance an Organoid's capabilities, whatever that is, so not only it learned from battle, but it would be able to create its own attacks by analyzing the build-up of the Zoid on which it was installed. It creates new attacks in accordance to the pilot's will to fight. In Jamie's case, he got so angry that the computer threw in an attack to help him. Once it's made, it stays in the system. They say that it was never installed in an Ultimate X because it would prove too dangerous to innocents and the pilot himself. An Ultimate X's will to fight can override the pilot, and such deadly attacks could prove fatal. As a result, the first test was placed in a Raynos, but be careful. Only special pilots were meant to pilot these Zoids and it may prove too much for you, Jamie. Don't use its special attacks too much."

"That being said, let's hit the-- huh?" The entire base shook, and Tauros immediately went to check his visuals. "We're under attack! Everybody! To your Zoids, now!" The Ligers, Gun Snipers, Iron Kongs, the Lightning Saix, and the Command Wolf engaged for battle. In the distance, a bunch of familiar-looking Zoids appeared, with some minor differences: there were no Gojulas, but they had been replaced by a lot more Spino-sappas.

"Hey there! Just hand over the Raynos pilot and nobody gets hurt!"

"Tirano? Is that you?" exclaimed Harry. He apparently knew the leader if the gang. "You're the leader of the Jurassic Team Gang?"

"Well, well, if it isn't Harry Chump-- I'm sorry, I meant Champ. Then again…" he chuckled evilly, causing Harry to growl. "So who knew you were with these losers. No matter, I'm here to repay an old debt. That Raynos pilot caused severe damage to our group. We lost all our Gojulas. He won by luck last time, but I doubt he'll win now!"

"Who is this Tirano guy, Harry?" Everyone wanted to know.

"His name is Tirano Sirus Rexaur. His father runs a company that competes with my father's. He's a spoiled brat, and I had no idea he was piloting Zoids. That would explain how his gang can afford all of that fancy equipment. Anyone who knows who he is too afraid to turn him over to the authorities, and I know for certain that his father doesn't know about him being in this gang."

"You're right, Harry. He doesn't know. I'm really just sponsoring his company by being in the Jurassic Team. I got a little bored, so I decided to wreak some havoc and start my own gang. Pretty impressive huh?"
"Not really…"
"Well who asked you? Stop changing the subject. Give me the Raynos pilot, now!"

"Not on your life. You may as well just start the fight, because we aren't listening!"

"Very well. Have it your way, attack!" All Zoids lunged at the assembled allies. The Lightning Saix, Ligers, and Raynos lunged forward to engage in close combat. The Gun Snipers stayed behind, firing into the frenzied fray, and the Command Wolf decided to come in from the side, confusing its enemies with a smokescreen.

The Red Blade Liger slashed through whatever got in its way, and the Saix caught everything in its path with a sonic boom, amplified by the Raynos flying overhead. Jamie had yet to realize this, but he was actually breaking the sound barrier on his own. "Assemble the plasma cannons again!" The Iron Kongs that possessed the lethal fire power lined up in the back, reforming their firing squad position. The assault that the Blitz Team and its allies created had already wiped out a third of the gang. Leena and Naomi were out of ammo, so their parts in the battle were useless. However, Ashley was just warming up.

"I'm going to help out the others," she said, returning her guns to their slings and drawing her Knight's Sword. "All right, Legend, let's go!" Ashley charged as fast as the Legend would allow and ran to the battlefield's interior. Liger Zero returned to the base.

"Doc! I wanna convert to the Jager." Immediately, Tauros activated the Hover cargo and assembled the Liger on the magnetic catapult.

"Liger Zero, CAS to Liger Zero Jager initiated." One by one, each of the initial parts of the Liger Zero were stripped off, replaced by the familiar blue armor of the Jager. "Liger Zero Jager, CAS complete!" said the Doc, launching it back into the battlefield. Returning to his position in no time, he managed to dive down on about ten Spino-sappas, disabling them at once.

"Strike Laser Claw!" The Raynos flew past them, and was the first to see the firing squad lined up. "Whirlwind Fury! Huh? Why isn't it working?" They were ready to fire. ~Oh no!~ Tirano smirked.

"Say goodbye… Wild Eagle." They blasted aimlessly into the air, disabling the Raynos in pretty much the same way that the Stormsworder had been disabled.

"Jamie!" yelled Bit. He had seen this familiar sight before. Just as the Raynos was about to crash, Wild Eagle took over, launching the Raynos back into the air. "Wild Eagle, is that you?"

"Yep. These guys hitting Jamie like that really pissed me off! I think I'll go teach them some manners."

"Too late! Prepare to fire ag-- what?" The Legend had snuck around to the back, courtesy of Brad's smokescreen and began slashing through the firing line, one by one.

"How's this feel? Lightning Slash!" By the time her attack was done, she had eliminated six Iron Kongs, but there were still about thirty or so to go. A Spino-sappa knocked her sword out of her hand, disabling her physical combat. It sacrificed itself, because touching the sword put it out of commission. She tried to retrieve it, but was shot at mercilessly by the other Spino-sappas. Having high endurance, she retreated back into the smokescreen. "Damn! I almost had em!"

"Fire!"

"No!" Wild Eagle watched helplessly as every one of his allies was put out of commission. The Command Wolf and Legend were all that remained with him, and they would be useless from here on out.

His rage returned, and the anger in him was building at the same time the special attack appeared. "Okay! Now I'm ready to end this! Whiiiiiiirlwind Fuuuuuuuury!" The familiar tornado formed again, and this time, it was more powerful than before. Every enemy was eliminated. However, it was so strong that the Wild Eagle passed out, causing the Raynos to crash to the earth below.

"Wild Eagle!" His comrades ran to check on him. They were surprised to hear Jamie's voice when they arrived.

"He'll be fine. I'm off to go find the base. Ashley, you comin'?"

"I'll catch up to you once I find my sword." With that, the Raynos flew off into the distance.

"We can't help him, Doc! Our Zoids won't respond."

"That's all right. He'll be okay with Ashley on his side. I'm calling the Zoids Battle Commission to pick up all this garbage."

"I'll make you all pay, you hear me?"

"Whatever Tirano! You've just been defeated by Harry Champ, a man destined to be king!"
"Whatever, Harry Chump!"

_____________

In her cell, Pierce sat, her arms crossed around her knees. She was just waiting for death, which she deemed inevitable. ~He won't come… I'm so sorry Jamie, my Wild Eagle.~ She felt grief and depression, more so because she would never be able to see Jamie again. Outside, one of the guards peered into her cell. "What do you want?" she snapped.

"Well, well, if it isn't the traitor of the Backdraft group. It's a shame though… such a waste of a good-looking pilot. I could've found a better fate suited for your uh… talents," he said, licking his lips and smiling lustfully at Pierce. She cringed defensively.

"Touch me and die!"

"Whatever… huh what are you doing he--?" the sound of the guard falling limply to the ground sparked Pierce's curiosity.

"Who's there? Jamie?"

"No, it's Polta."

"What are you doing here?"

"Stoler and I are springing you out. Of course, if you wanna stay here and die…"
"No thanks. I'll take your offer." Pierce smiled as she got up, watching as Polta unlocked the door. Around the corner, she could hear gunfire. Stoler retreated from the area, meeting up with his accomplice.

"Sorry Stoler. This is as much as I can do to help you, but I'll stall for as long as possible. You're on your own now. You two get outta here." Stoler shook his hand.

"That's all right, man. You did what you could. We'll take it from here. Just don't get caught doing this for us."

"Good luck!"

"Stoler!" Pierce ran up and hugged Stoler strongly. He blushed, but knew that wasn't what she was trying to make him do. He hesitantly hugged her back. "Why'd you…" He cut her off.

"Pierce, we'll talk later. Right now, we've gotta get you outta here. I'm sure the Raynos pilot will be here soon."

"He knows I'm here?"

"Yeah, Layon told him. Apparently, they wanted to set a trap to test his Zoid. But enough talk. Let's go!" They ran down endless paths, looking for the hanger that kept her precious Stormsworder. They finally arrived, and Pierce climbed into her Zoid. She looked up to find Stoler leaving.

"Where you going?"

"I've gotta make some arrangements. I'll catch up with you!" The Stormsworder took off, and Stoler went to make whatever preparations he was to make. Outside, the Raynos blasted furiously at the base.

"Here already? No matter. Unleash my hyper pulse wave cannons!" commanded Layon. Three cannons sprung from the ground. Wild Eagle decided to take over. / We've gotta blast those cannons! / In an act of desperation, he fired all missiles and followed up with a sonic boom. He had no effect, and the cannons fired, knocking him out again and forcing Jamie to take over. The Stormsworder flew overhead and Jamie had to talk with its pilot.

"Pierce?"

"Let's get outta here!"

"Oh, no you don't! Activate the energy wall!" An energy shield blocked their escape, and both pilots didn't know what options they had left. Just as the cannons were loading another surge of energy, a powerful blast disabled the shield. "What? That's the Elephandor!"

"Stoler, what the hell are you doing? You're gonna get yourself killed helping me!"

"Sorry, I made a promise that when you left, I would leave, and I always keep my promises."

"No matter! None of you will make it before I fire my cannons again!" Just then the Legend slashed through all three cannons and turned to face the three Zoids.

"Let's get outta here. Now!" The Zoids escaped, leaving Layon behind cursing with words the author of this story won't even begin to describe. Half way to the base, the pilots stopped to rest. Jamie climbed out of his Zoid slowly. His shoulder was badly damaged when the Wild Eagle had last taken over.

"Jamie!" Pierce ran to hug him, and he screamed out in pain at the pressure on his shoulder. "Oh, I'm sorry." Jamie just looked up at her and smiled.

"Don't be…" the two found themselves speechless, and were once again staring into each other's eyes. In the background, Ashley was cheering and Stoler smiled. The two finally leaned in closer, sparking the kiss, their tongues dancing on one another. The destruction at the Backdraft base in the distance sparked fireworks that greatly increased the power of the moment. However… inside of Jamie's mind observed the Wild Eagle who, if he had been in control of the body at that time, would have had a hot tear of pain flowing down his cheek. / I'm gonna have to leave soon. He's already broken the sound barrier and won her heart. I just don't know if I wanna leave. She belongs to me, too, you know? /