Fan Fiction ❯ A bird without wings ❯ Out ( Chapter 5 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AN: LiCat:okee here is chap 5.....*sigh*

Kimo: yeah....you should actually be in bed instead of writing.....it gets so strange when you write them at this time of night.....

LiCat: ^_^ they would get a whole lot stranger if I did them during day time........

CHAPTER 5

The young man was walking down a dull corridor humming on a song he had heard the minstrel sing last night. He was free for an hour so he was going to go and visit his friend. He walked past a lady and a hunter, there was something oddly (familiar) about the hunter but he didn't bother thinking about it. He reached the heavy door to the watchers door opened it and walked in. Four pairs of eyes looked suspiciously up at him.

"I've got a message for Daijino Kempe[1]" three pair of eyes went back to what they where doing before, but the eyes of Runne still gazed at him.

"He have gotten a lot of messages lately....and he doesn't have anyone to get them from....that I know of..." the young man didn't know what to answer so he didn't. Runne studied him for a few seconds shrugged and then gave his approval.

The young man walked across the room and opened the door down to the dungeons. When he reached the last couple of steeps a gut feeling that something was wrong appeared. He opened the door and peeked in. There on the floor was the two delivery boys tied up and without their robes.

~*~

What was I supposed to do now? He could faint at any moment, we hadn't eaten for a long while and he had lost a lot of blood. I noticed a forest in the distant and rushed the horse into a gallop again, holding onto Raven's arms with my left hand. Man this horse is fast as lightning, we reached the forest in a matter of minutes.

I left the road and after a bit I stopped the horse, that wasn't an easy task cause he didn't want to stop. I slid of the horse and helped Raven down, the moment his feet's touched the ground he fainted. Ok that wasn't good, you faint cause your brain aren't getting enough oxygen, so I should lay him down? To bad I didn't pay much attention to my dads "lessons".

I putt him down with his legs up against a tree, then the blood in his leg would rush over to his head, well it sounded logical to me. I glanced around, we where in a small glade and I could hear water, to bad I could go and look for it. The horse was nibbling at some grass and now when I thought about it I heard my stomach growl.

I glanced over at Raven and sighed, I couldn't leave him and go look for food. Then it pooped into my mind, the horse had some saddlebags maybe there was some food in them. I walked over to the horse and took of the saddle and the saddle bags.

I found a really nice looking silk shirt a pair of pants and a dark blue cloak with silver patterns. I nearly went in shock when I found a whole pouch with golden ceriilone coins, I could buy a little country with that kind of money. Who ever owned the horse was a rich bastard, my conscience got a punch though, I shouldn't have taken the horse. Maybe he needed the money, maybe it was his life savings.

I couldn't do much about it now could I? I heard moans and looked over at Raven. he had sat up and was rubbing his head. I walked over to him and sat down next to him.

"you ok?....you should really change clothes" he looked down at his dress and then up at me again.

"answer to the question .. yeah I'm ok....and to the statement yeah I should." I handed him the bag with our cloths and then mentioned that I had heard the noise of water and that we should camp there.

~*~

we found the water, it was a little well and the water was drinkable. A little bit next to the well was an old fire place with some logs next to it. I sat up a fire and gathered some fruits and berries. Raven said that he was going to go and hunt and I let him but I didn't have a clue to how he was going to get something with only his hands.

So imagine my surprise when he came back with two rabbits. There is one thing I don't understand and are really annoyed with, he can eat the meat he has caught himself but not the meat caught by the castles hunters. Well anyway we had set up a camp, eaten and changed Raven's bandages, they where heeling quick, that didn't surprise me, nothing much about him did anymore. The moon had come up and now we where sitting by the fire watching it.

"soooo what are we going to do tomorrow??" I glanced over at the horse, I only saw his shadow in the damp light of the fire, why was he still here we hadn't tied him up.

"What do you want to do? I need to get home..maybe" he said and I looked over at him sitting across the fire cuddle up in two out of four blankets I found in the saddle bag.

"I can come too?? I don't have anywhere to go...." I really hoped I could.

"yeah sure!" The fire was casting strange shadows over his face and outside the fire's soft light there was nothing but darkness.

"I know let's tell ghost stories........me first!" it was really the right mood for ghost stories so I told him three of the best ones I knew.

"ok now its your turn." He looked down at his hands.

"actually I don't know any...the ones you told me was the first ones I've heard...but I know a song that is kinda creepy...wanna hear it?" I didn't know he could sing!?

"yeah...Sure...if you don't need any instruments cause we don't have any...well if you can do magic you could maybe make a lute appear?!" he giggled softly.

"Nah I don't need any instruments....and no I don't do magic...ok here it goes" I leaned back against a log and he started to sing with a soft wistful voice.

The sunset is creeping closer
As the wheel of time turns
Sisters of destruction
Are awakening again

Dancing hand in hand
over the moonlit world
knowing knowledge
leads to power and that
power corrupts

changing peace into
wartime and coloring
the wistful waters red
in await of the awakening
of the immortal beast

knowing that in all good
rests evil and in evil
a light of good can be lit
and again knowledge and power will
bring sunrise in their steps

he really has a great singing voice, actually better then the kings minstrel, But the song gave me the creeps, don't know why tho.

"hey have you ever thought about becoming a minstrel?" a bright laugh ecohed over our small camp and startled the horse that Raven said was named Deamon. How he knew that he wouldn't want to tell me.

"singing to king or at inns...for money? That's a little ridiculous! Don't you think?" he said and gave me one of those bright big unusual smiles of his.

"oh and why is that ridiculous if I may ask?...they do get a lot of money.." I replied and gave him one of my own smiles.

"well think about it...while you sleep..and you'll figure it out..." he said and gave me a big yawn.

~TBC~

LiCat: there are you happy...that's the end of chap 5.......at least 10-15 more chaps of this book....then I've got at least 2 more books *EG* maybe Kimo is right..maybe I should do them during the day...............

Kimo:Li-Chan I think thats is only us here.......................

carpe diem...

[1]= Kempe.....*GIGGLE* that's my last name......it's Swedish....if you change the e to ä (KÄMPE) it means Fighter................MWUHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA