Fan Fiction ❯ A bird without wings ❯ Inmate ( Chapter 1 )

[ Y - Young Adult: Not suitable for readers under 16 ]

AN: LiCat: eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee pigs can fly!!!! *giggles and glances over at Patamon* pigs can fly so I've decided to write an original fantasy story...*confused looks from the Digimon crew* yeah I'm going to do something that has NOTHING to do with Digimon MWUHAHAHAHAHA!!

WARNING!!! It contains male x male love (slash/yaoi) *points at Yamato & Taichi* it's their fault they made me..... so if you = homophobe RUN AWAY so fast as your legs can carry you......

DISCLAIMER: I OWN THEM ALL! MINE! MINE! MINE! MINE!!!! *G* you don't know how good it feels to be able to say that after writing Digimon fan fics...but this is my own original work so it belongs to ME! ME! ME! *EG* yeah I'm a greedy little bitch.....

Oh and don't worry I'm not quitting my Digimon fics....I just needed a little break........

Daijino: hmmm Like they would care........


ON THE OTHER SIDE

BOOK 1 "A bird without wings"

By: LiCat

CHAPTER 1

I opened my eyes and stared up at the grey brick ceiling. A new day in the rest of my life. I got promoted yesterday, from a factotum to a dungeon watcher and I was only 19 years old. Not many people get promoted so young. I heard a noise and got up from my new bed. Yeah as a dungeon watcher I had to sleep in the watchers room down in the dungeon.

It's a little bit creepy and the room is small. It's only me in this room, the other five guards are in a room above this one. I have a bell if something should happen, but it never does, or at least so they have told me. We only have one prisoner right now, old Buun.

The noise was clear now; it was some people coming down the stairs. Picking up my sword, I opened the door to the stairs and looked out in the dark. The lights from a torch glimmered and soon I saw four people. The three guards entered my room holding the forth man between them.

I picked up my bunch of keys from the table and went to the door across the room and opened it. I let the guards and their prisoner through and then followed them. We walked passed the cells and stopped at the last one, the smallest one and while the others have bars this one has a big thick door with a little bar window. It don't even have a bed, only two strong chains for the prisoners arms.

I glanced at the guards and they mentioned for me to open it. Why would they be using this one? I had been told that it would only be used for enemies to the king. I glanced at the prisoner; he was wearing a big brown robe so I could only see his mouth.

Why did I care? I locked up the door and walked in, the others following me. They placed the man on the floor and told him to take off the robe.

"Uhm are you going to chain him?" I asked Runne, the oldest guard and the only one of them I knew. He nodded and it didn't look like he wanted to start a conversation about the new inmate so I turned my attention back to the prisoner. He had taken of the robe and as I stared at him the shock hit me. He was a forest creature, from one of the elf peoples.

He had the brightest green eyes I've ever seen, I could get lost in them. His hair color was strange like silver but not the color you get from getting old. He had pointy ears and his age.....well its hard, he seemed as old as time, yet he seemed to be a kid, but he was probably in my age. I could hear someone shouting something but I was too caught up in staring at the elf.

"Daijino!!" someone put a hand one my shoulder. "Daijino!" I heard a voice calling my name and looked up in Runne's face.

"Daijino you okay?"

"Yeah" I took a glance at the elf again, he was sitting against the wall looking from face to face, as if trying to understand what we where saying.

"Good" he said and turned around. We heard somebody running in the tunnel. In a couple of moments a head popped in through the door.

"Master Runne, Rade, Ky, Sel.... master Simoonwe is looking for you...hurry up..." Runne looked over at the prisoner and then at me.

"Daijino can you chain him up?" I gave the sword at my side a pat and nodded. Runne looked over to the messanger and said to him.

"You stay here until everything is locked up." The messagers eyes grew wide but he nodded and the guards walked out. I took out the sword from the knot in my belt and looked over at the elf. A smile played on his lips as he followed my sword with his eyes. I put the bunch of keys in my pocket and walked up to him.

"I'm going to chain you now and if you resist I'm going to cut your throat" I sounded a lot more confident then I was. I wasn't sure if he understood what I was saying.

His smile grew wider and he looked up at me, then he held up a hand towards me.

~TBC~

MWUHAHAHAHA...not good at doing cliffhangers............ PLEASE! PLEASE! PLEASE! *looks really pathetic* Give me some constructive criticisms...I live on it.....and I really want to grow in my writing and I can only do that with your help........and flames *sticks out tongue * nah nanah nana na I don't care....about them....it will just give me something to laugh at when I feel down........